How long to get your Fractal Weapon?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rain.9213

Rain.9213

I am currently on a quest to get the Fractal Sword in time for my Revenant in HoT but by the gods is it a pain in the behind. I have a total of 10 Fractal Weapon skins so far except the bloody sword which is the only one I have ever wanted! I have gotten Mace 2x, Focus 3x, Scepter 2x, and Greatsword 2x in a total of about somewhere between 200-250 fractal runs which is incredibly frustrating. I mean, if we don’t get to choose which skin we want, they should at least not make it that you get the same skin more than once! sigh But aside from my frustration at getting screwed by RNGeesus and the poor system in place for acquiring these weapons….

How long did it take you guys to get the Fractal Weapon skin you truly wanted? Did you experience the same kind, similar, or greater frustration than me? Share your experience!

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

Almost 2 years for me to drop the sword… So hope for the best.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

I pretty much got my Staff on a random 31-40 run and it was my first skin, and it was what I wanted.

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

Many.. many many many MANY runs.. and I’ve yet to get the dagger..

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

I’m at 12/17 right now. The only reason I’m able to still do fractals without driving over to Bellevue to smack the kitten out of the content designers in this game is because I gave up on getting the skins I wanted a long time ago.

I recently got the dagger, about a year after I made Incinerator once I realized I was never getting the fractal dagger. And you know what? I didn’t even want it. I thought to myself, “Congratulations, ANet! You’ve made something so rare and priceless, that it’s actually kittening worthless.”

I run fractals for fun, karma, and obsidian. kitten the skins.

Rain.9213

Almost 2 years for me to drop the sword… So hope for the best.

Oh man. I’m almost at the 1 year mark myself. Somewhat comforting that I’m not the only one who has had this kinda bad luck though sorry to hear it took so long. Hope I don’t have to hit the 2 year mark.

I pretty much got my Staff on a random 31-40 run and it was my first skin, and it was what I wanted.

T_T Man, I wish I was that lucky! I have been in parties with complete newbies to Fractals who have had the Sword drop for them and boy, I almost laid down and cried hahaha

Many.. many many many MANY runs.. and I’ve yet to get the dagger..

Stay strong, brother. You are not alone in your fractal nightmare.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Finally got my fractal rifle the other day. Now i can roleplay as a sniper with fractal style. Almost 2 years and im still missing the greatsword, mace and spear.

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Back in 2012 I saw the fractal weapons and thought wow! that’s a fancy sword, I’ll try to get it. After that I went on endless fractal runs, reached lvl 80 twice in the meantime, once when maw was still available, giving about 90% chance of a fractal weapon each attempt. After 80 got cut off I kept going to reach 50, and continue daily runs.
Right now I have every skin apart from the sword, and I must’ve gotten at least 15 spearguns ;____; all is vain. Dont get your hopes up.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: andyhens.4172

andyhens.4172

Just run fractals a few times per day. If I have time, the inclination, or enough people (me + 1-4, my friends/guildies are pretty darn good), I will run L19, L50, and L29 daily.

My personal luck with fractals and MF has been described as crazy, and I do seem particularly lucky with these, but it just comes down to time. The more runs you complete the more chances you have.

As some kind of anecdotal context – in the last 2 months I’ve got from fractals: 6+ asc. Boxes, 15+ asc. Rings, and 4 Weapon skins (Focus, Sword again, Spear, and Torch again).

TLDR; I got Torch and Dagger (comparatively) quickly, Sword took a while longer. The more runs you do…

Posted by: Rayons.3076

Rayons.3076

I know the struggle. I’m relatively lucky getting every other skin which gets guildies mad quite easily but really unlucky on getting Sword. It’s the only skin I’m missing to complete fractal collection and what keeps me going is hopes for tonic or weapon chests for my alts.

Posted by: Subi.8014

Subi.8014

Rayons, give me your axe pls q.q

Subi [qT]

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

I’ve been lucky with my drops, getting all the “good” ones, my last was greatsword which I got about 4 months ago. Sword was the one I was aiming for and I got it last November.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

snip

To add to the list of fractal weapons I have, I just got a Focus (in addition to a weapon chest; which isn’t really relevant to the thread).

I think the only skin I’d probably really want now is the sword and/or the shield if it is viable for Mesmers.

Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: femalehumanmeta.8351

femalehumanmeta.8351

It will take you around 150 days if you run a 50 fractal everyday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3djsir/fractal_weapon_skin_math_redux_july_16_2015/

Posted by: Skeptik.7856

Skeptik.7856

Finally got my Fractal Pistol a few days ago 1 of 2 of the skins I want, now to fun fractals for few more years to get the fractal sword

NA ~ BlackGate
Engineer, Elementalist & Warrior
Vis Infinitum [Vi]

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

You need only one run, but you have to get really lucky in that one run. (Provided you have a high enough personal reward level to be eligible for weapon skins.)

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

2 years 20 skins… no sword around 2k+ level 50 fractals.

Its possible you will never get the sword like me or you get it on your first run, screw stupid rng

Rain.9213

It will take you around 150 days if you run a 50 fractal everyday.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3djsir/fractal_weapon_skin_math_redux_july_16_2015/

Yeah it’s a bout a 10% chance or so but that’s just for a skin to drop at all. You have to factor in the amount of skins there are which comes out to about a 0.5% you’ll get the skin you want. If only they made it that you didn’t get repeated skins though. Then your chances would at least be better.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Just got my staff from a lvl 20 fractal. Ran over 2k fractals in total, with at least 400 in the last 4 months (almost daily 20,30,40 and 50).

Staff is my 14th unique skin. I’m not sure how many total skin drops i had, can only give the number since this post https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Time-for-a-full-set-of-fractal-weapon-skins/4882796 as I kept all double skins which i now have 21 of. So in total for 4 skins starting at 10 known i needed 25 drops and about 4 months.

Posted by: SaMaeL.4275

SaMaeL.4275

Got all the fractal weapon skins between December 2012 and December 2013. So, took me a year to finish the collection by doing the 2-3 highest tiers daily. By now, I think I have finished the collection ~2-3 times but got some skins like staff/pistol/axe in double digits.

Endless fractal tonic on the other hand is a different story. Running the highest tier fractal since Dec. 2012 and still don’t have it, while others with way less runs than me got it… At least let us exchange 20-30 unwanted fotm skins for it or be able to buy it for 20-30k relics

Australian and Anti-Christ

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Playing fractals since they came out, and missing mace, gs, dagger and focus. Have 3 swords, 2 shortbows and 3 spearguns. Tonic is a dream of mine, but if i’m struggling with these remaining skins, tonic is certenly not going to drop any time soon. And rng hates me too, so… yea.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

I have been in fractals since they hit. I passed the 500 fractals achievement long ago. My first fractal weapon was a speargun, just over a year ago, and about 7 months ago I got a scepter. Nothing else since.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Roughly in 8 months of game time I’ve gotten all but the torch, warhorn, and harpoon gun skins.

I’ve been able to collect two full sets of acsended armor and quite a few pieces here or there. They drop enough I just stopped crafting ascended altogether because I get boxes frequently enough that it makes NO sense to put the coin required into it when I’m going to get a ascended box.

Hell, about four weeks ago I had a torch precursor drop from one of the Novices @ the Chest Seal.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

(edited by TheFantasticGman.9451)

Posted by: interloper.6892

interloper.6892

A while ago I decided I wanted the Fractal Axe and Hammer.

Since then I have made the Juggernaut and Frostfang… and not had a single fractal weapon skin drop. Did fractal 20something with pugs, and a rifle-using signet warrior (no, really) got the fractal axe, after being ressed for the umpteenth time…

Its RNGuildWars 2: Success is Random.

Posted by: Akagami.6328

Akagami.6328

It’s been 2 years now and god knows how many runs (MANY) and still no dagger.
I did get pistol, speargun, staff, scepter and a focus(got it today, yay!)

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

God knows how many runs I’ve had (well over 1500), and I’ve only gotten about 7 unique skins. None of them on weapons I use regularly, except for the longbow.

At this point I’ve basically given up until the newly announced changes take effect. I’m sick of trying. Sword, rifle, and dagger aint gonna drop randomly for me.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

Rain.9213

There is hope for us all! HoT will finally make Fractal Weapons acquireable without relying on a near impossible drop rate. Furthermore, we can now get 1337mlg420 prestige gold Call of Duty skins for our Fractal Weapons XD Woo!

Posted by: titoroco.8049

titoroco.8049

since the fractal came out i just got a week ago my sword

Ark – Strado (guardian)

Posted by: Rayons.3076

Rayons.3076

Got my sword today from a 50, collection completed! happy dance

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

Got all in 2013 i tihnk, so i dont even remember

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

Whenever I wish for an ascended chest, it always gives me either Fractal skins or some rings.

(edited by IrisTheCasual.3742)

roachsrealm.9284

got a fractal greatsword skin couple nights ago on a level 40. I got a charged core in the first fractal, pinged it claiming this was my sweet drop for the run (it usually is). I also used a trans charge on my existing GS during the second fractal because I decided it was time to change the look.

>_>

I am now convinced the loot tables are sentient and are not without a sense of irony.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Log in. Get invited to leech at Jade Maw. Get raiders boots. Shame i already had more ascended boots than i could ever need.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Log in. Get invited to leech at Jade Maw. Get raiders boots. Shame i already had more ascended boots than i could ever need.

No joke, all I get are gloves/shoulders. It’s to the point that if I felt like spending resources on converting them I could probably have ascended in those two slots for all my chars.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

8 months for the longbow.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

I have pistol, shield, spear, shortbow, scepter, torch, the thing i am most after is the greatsword, which has not dropped for me since fractals were started to this date.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

A while ago I decided I wanted the Fractal Axe and Hammer.

Since then I have made the Juggernaut and Frostfang… and not had a single fractal weapon skin drop. Did fractal 20something with pugs, and a rifle-using signet warrior (no, really) got the fractal axe, after being ressed for the umpteenth time…

Its RNGuildWars 2: Success is Random.

Those are the only two fractal weapon skins I’ve gotten so far. Though I plan to run more scale 50s in the future.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Got another dagger skin today which got me wondering … I got it while on my thief, and some time ago anet changed loot to be character specific, does that include fractal skin drops? Would explain why i have so many axes and daggers (ran mostly with warrior and thief).

roachsrealm.9284

I don’t think they are, as my first one was speargun and that dropped on my guardian.