How many pristine relics buys a weapon?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I caught the first few min of MMO INKS on one of Teapot’s long-kitten videos and he said you could buy skins with 20 pristine in HOT. I don’t know if anyone can verify his or any source on this, but it brings up the discussion on how many pristines should a skin be worth?

Honestly, if it’s anything less than 100 pristine, I will flip my kitten and I know many players who feel the same way. If you disagree, think about how cool your weapon will be when every one has them all across Tyria. If you don’t get your desired weapon in the time you can farm 100 or 250 pristine, sure, buy it off the NPC, but don’t devalue the achievement of having our skins like this.

So, how many pristines should a skin be worth?

Personally, I say anything less than 100 is spitting in the face of all those who busted kitten to complete the set. just because content has been out for a while doesn’t mean you should give it out for free to anyone who runs a few dailies.

There was a time when PvP ranks weren’t worthless and seeing a shark or phoenix finisher would gather a crowd. It felt awesome to stomp a bunch of people in WvW and have pages of tells asking me how I got a shark or phoenix finisher. No one even had a dragon at the time. Now dragon finishers are trash and anyone who PvPs for over a month has it. That small change had many turn their backs on GW2 achievements and even the game all together. Don’t Obama all your good content.

I say 250.

In closing, don’t give me some crap about how normal frac skins could be for the casual fractal majority and how we should go chase the ghetto rap star golden re-skinned ones if we want to be extreme. If they add at least primary color options on the new skins, then we’ll talk (ie. New gold skin + blue token = Blue fractal skin in MF).

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Well the side of me that has the skins say, RAWR make it OVER 9000.

You are right in terms that I had to realize that people can now grind out an easy level, collect relics, then win. Therefore, 250 is my bid. The golem should be the SECONDARY method to getting them. Retain the original grind as primary.

Do rich people in real feel the same way? If more people got a Porsche or Ferrari, and you had one for a while; are you in the wrong for its lost rarity anger? Perhaps I would agree to both sides of this coin. I recall people discussing this about legendary weapons. Somehow, most don’t care when you have one. In fact people judge you when you don’t have one, AND when you have too many.

I already know that the fractal capacitor and entire weapon set will lose all prestige because of the new backpack and drop methods. I enjoyed the skins because no one could get it overnight like some magically do with legendary. Tp flippers made legends soft as well.

I bid the tonic for 1000 relics X_X

We have to terms that gw2 is becoming a theme park mmo

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

(edited by jessiejay.3625)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

100 or 250 pristines might make sense if the skin had any prestige.

That’s the problem with RNG skins. Hard to get but don’t really mean a thing.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Too bad they don’t just make the number of pristines proportional to the drop rate for a specific weapon currently. Hue hue

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

I’d be fine with 100-250 relics for a skin IF there will also be the possibility to change or trade double skins. If it will still be possible to get the same skin over and over again with offering nothing but saving one transmutation charge then nope, 20-50 seems totally fine to me.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I never really pay attention to my prestine/regular relics rewards, so correct me if I’m wrong here. But right now, a single fractal (3 shards + a boss) gives a single prestine? Do we think future fractal reward system will be on this scale? Or is it more likely that each fractal in the new sytem (only 1 instance) will each give a prestine? Because if that’s the case then players will effectively get prestine’s 4 times faster.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

19 different skins. If each takes 20 pristine relics you would need 380 pristine relics in total.

After patch, you can get 3 pristine relics daily by doing 9 different maps. So you can farm all skins in 120 days by doing a total of 1140 fractals.

Pre patch, you can get 5 pristine relics daily by doing 20 fractals. So you can farm all skins in 76 days by doing a total of 1520 fractals.

thrag.9740

oh right, i totally forgot pristines are only in the daily chest. Is it likely that the 51-100 daily gives the same number as the 1-21? Then again, right now 50s and 20s both give 1 pristine as well. So I could see the balance going that way.

Posted by: Jay.1085

Jay.1085

100 or more prestine fractal relics is my vote. I worked hard playing this stupid rng game for 2 years and still have two skins left. The SWORD and spear gun. I have over 500 prestine fractal relics so I’m sure enough to be able to buy the last two I need.

I always get comments from people asking were I got my daggers or long bow ect. And when they hear fractals they know that the length of time and rng makes it as rare as legendary skins.

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

100 or more prestine fractal relics is my vote. I worked hard playing this stupid rng game for 2 years and still have two skins left. The SWORD and spear gun. I have over 500 prestine fractal relics so I’m sure enough to be able to buy the last two I need.

I always get comments from people asking were I got my daggers or long bow ect. And when they hear fractals they know that the length of time and rng makes it as rare as legendary skins.

And rarity is bad? Well, with the new system they won’t be rare or anything to ask about. That is kind of the point.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

According to the leaks, 20 per weapon.

serenke.4806

Twenty? That means that to get the whole collection someone without any skins would have to get 380 pristines! That’s just outrageous. We should consider making it 5 pristines per skin to make it easier for everyone to get their skins. /s

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Depends on how easy it is to get the upgraded fractal weapon skins since they are where the prestige is supposed to be now. If getting those upgraded skins is relatively difficult i see no problem with 20 pristine relics for a weapons considering it would take a week of doing fractals to get enough of them for a skin guaranteed.

100 P.relics is unrealistic seeing as that would take over a month to earn enough relics for one skins.

I get it with the hard work to get it in the past but what they are trying to do is provide incentive for people to jump into the new fractal game type because it isnt as widely played as they would like currently. Making the goal achievable in a reasonable time frame, i.e. 1 week of doing fractals every day, to get a single skin of your choice is acceptable in my eyes even though it took a while to get the ones i wanted now.

serenke.4806

Depends on how easy it is to get the upgraded fractal weapon skins since they are where the prestige is supposed to be now. If getting those upgraded skins is relatively difficult i see no problem with 20 pristine relics for a weapons considering it would take a week of doing fractals to get enough of them for a skin guaranteed.

100 P.relics is unrealistic seeing as that would take over a month to earn enough relics for one skins.

I get it with the hard work to get it in the past but what they are trying to do is provide incentive for people to jump into the new fractal game type because it isnt as widely played as they would like currently. Making the goal achievable in a reasonable time frame, i.e. 1 week of doing fractals every day, to get a single skin of your choice is acceptable in my eyes even though it took a while to get the ones i wanted now.

If they wanted to make people do more fractals, they would not make SW so much more appealing and rewarding (in terms of gold/materials).

If fractals skins are easy to get in the future, why would those who have never done fractals do them? To get a skin that everyone has? If they want one of the skins, they can just farm the swamp (or whichever will be the fastest), get the skin and never set foot in there again. It’s how it’ll be because it has happened before with dungeons (for example 500 arah tokens for certain legendaries).

This solution they are offering is no solution and Anet has maneuvered themselves into a really bad situation a long time ago.

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

Twenty? That means that to get the whole collection someone without any skins would have to get 380 pristines! That’s just outrageous. We should consider making it 5 pristines per skin to make it easier for everyone to get their skins. /s

Do you realize how it can be outrageous right now to get all weapons? Since. Fractals came out ive been striving for the weapons. RNG gods were only in my favor every 2-3 months sometimes to encounter a skin.

Lawd forbid people actually have to put in work to get something that was rare/barely droped.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

thrag.9740

lol fractal prestige reset.

Posted by: beastie.4536

beastie.4536

Took me 2yrs with thousands of runs to get 17/19 skins and now Anet is gonna turn them into Zenith weapon skins….

Why bother running other fractals just do daily swamp to get your prestine fractal relics.

Mike O’Brien: "We don’t make grindy games — we leave the grind to other MMOs.”

(edited by beastie.4536)

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

What sort of prestige do you guys think you’re going to preserve by making them 100 pristines? If you’re upset that a bunch of bads will suddenly get your precious skins don’t be: they already have them.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

What sort of prestige do you guys think you’re going to preserve by making them 100 pristines? If you’re upset that a bunch of bads will suddenly get your precious skins don’t be: they already have them.

^^

Got my first skin (scepter) when I was just breaking into really learning fractals and got carried through a 29 I think it was. Boom my noob kitten just got a skin!

Luck is not prestige.

Posted by: IrisTheCasual.3742

IrisTheCasual.3742

I got my rifle skin at level 20 and sword skin at level 29 during the time I was carried by Nikki. I have annoyed Sandy ever since.

Like, twice level 80 pre-Fracture and hundreds of run post patch without the sword skin? Please, the prestige doesn’t choose you! /jk

Posted by: nekretaal.6485

nekretaal.6485

It will probably be 50. Maybe even 30.

OP is forgetting that there will be an entirely new “even rarer fractal” weapon set, as well as fractals increasing to 100.

With the current fractal weapons acting as the crafting material for the future fractal weapons, it’s a given that the current weapons will get more accessible.

Even at 30 pristines, that’s 570 pristines for a full set, at a more likely 50’ that’s 950 fractal runs for a set.

#24 leaderboard rank North America.

Posted by: PlasticHippo.8934

PlasticHippo.8934

just want to point out that even if the current fractal skins are only 20 pristines, that may not be as bad as it sounds. I would be perfectly fine with that cost as long as they also create more things to spend pristines on. so it actually means something that you spend all of them on skins. they just need to add more things to buy with pristine relics.

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Luck is not prestige.

Bingo. This is the fundamental flaw with all RNG-based rarity schemes. You can be the most dedicated, hardcore player ever and end up with nothing. Or you can waltz in and get something on your first try. There’s no prestige involved in that.

At least grinding dailies to get relics requires some kind of time commitment, even if it’s possible to quibble about exactly what level of commitment should be required.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

This is the most insane, utterly immature thread I think I’ve read on these forums, and that’s really saying something.

It’s theoretically possible to get all the skins in 17 fractal runs. You don’t even have to be at 50 to get them. Prestige? Come off it. If you only value these skins because others don’t have them, you don’t deserve the skins in the first place.

I’m currently at 12/17 with enough duplicate skins to outfit a small army, and 20 pristines seems pretty perfectly reasonable to me. You still have to get up to 50 before you can purchase the skins, and the current drop rate is at roughly 10% for 40+. Remember, most of us would have had the full collection ages ago if the duplicates we got were actually unique.

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

“Slap in the face” is way overused in these discussions.

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

I think the amount per skin should increase each time you buy one. For example: I spent 20 relics on my first skin, the next time I grab another it will cost me 30 relics, so on and so forth.

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

I had the torch, sword and shield before the wardrobe update. Found them incredibly ugly and deleted. Prestige…

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: voidwater.2064

voidwater.2064

20 relics, purchasable only after reaching scale 50, sounds very reasonable to me. Maybe 40 relics at most for a skin.

If you disagree, think about how cool your weapon will be when every one has them all across Tyria.

They’ll be just as cool as they are now, the skins don’t change their appearance based on how many people have them.

There was a time when PvP ranks weren’t worthless and seeing a shark or phoenix finisher would gather a crowd. It felt awesome to stomp a bunch of people in WvW and have pages of tells asking me how I got a shark or phoenix finisher. No one even had a dragon at the time. Now dragon finishers are trash and anyone who PvPs for over a month has it.

So, those people were too lazy to type “phoenix finisher gw2” into google?

That’s some really superficial admiration (if even that, and not just curiosity), not sure why it pleases you so much.

It sounds like you want respect and attention when you haven’t actually done anything to merit such things.

Do you really think that getting lucky with some RNG or grinding many hours in a video game makes you special?

If you sunk so much time into getting those skins that you feel offended when the requirements are loosened, that’s your fault for undervaluing your precious time.

If you were talking about an exclusive reward only given to an art contest winner or international PvP tournament winner, I would have more sympathy for the “keep it super exclusive” view, but getting the fractal skins was just a big long gamble with bad odds.

(edited by voidwater.2064)

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

It would be cool if the new weapons were dyeable and came in a box where you could select the skin. Maybe lock it behind lvl 100 reward level and some hard af achieves, then you’d have some prestige.

serenke.4806

Do you realize how it can be outrageous right now to get all weapons? Since. Fractals came out ive been striving for the weapons. RNG gods were only in my favor every 2-3 months sometimes to encounter a skin.

Lawd forbid people actually have to put in work to get something that was rare/barely droped.

I do realize as i actually have farmed them all myself? I do not know how many fractals i ran since my frequenter maxed out a long time ago. And i realize there is no “prestige” involved in it. But i also do not get the whole complaining about drop rates.

It is perfectly possible to get all of the skins as shown in the other thread where people linked their complete collections.

And about putting in work… I have around 90k fractal relics, 600 pristines, 10 fractal back pieces, i’ve spent 20k relics on obsidian shards another 20k on skill points to turn into gold. I think i’ve put in enough work to have the skins.

Posted by: ThyShadowPaladin.9521

ThyShadowPaladin.9521

I’d say around 50 Pristine relics per weapon sounds good. It’ll allow most of the current players to finish their collections, yet keep that feeling of prestige around them.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

I think 50 would be the most expensive they could do it.
Probably going to be 20-30.

Imagine that for the average pug a fractal 40-50 run takes around 1 hour.
20-30 hours for a skin seems reasonable.

100 and 250 – laughable prices – it wouldn’t even be a fix then – it would be a terrible grind you can’t introduce retroactively.

People already did FOTM and really want the skins. If they had made it 100 at the start it might have worked since people would have known what they were getting into.

100 right now will make many feel like they’re getting screwed over.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

I think the amount per skin should increase each time you buy one. For example: I spent 20 relics on my first skin, the next time I grab another it will cost me 30 relics, so on and so forth.

Yea 1700 relics for a full collection sounds awesome

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Yea 1700 relics for a full collection sounds awesome

Actually less than that, since you’ll get some skins of daily chests.

serenke.4806

If you can get the collection guaranteed, then yes, why not make it take a bit of dedication? Oh right, everybody is supposed to have everything, if possible by tomorrow.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

Umm fractal skins are not prestigious at all. It’s gated behind some insane RNG that forces people to grind, capped at 50 for 2 years, and even the achievements have no meaning since they don’t even amount to anything but few aps. If you want to talk about prestigious pve title/item, I guess its dungeon master (dungeoneer title doens’t really need to do dungeons to get) and mini clockwork from finishing all of the aetherblade path achievements.

Also OP, I know that you grinded a lot of fractals, but so what? So have a lot of people, and we all know that fractal skin doesn’t even reflect the amount of skill you have. In fact its like fractal tonic: no matter how good you and your groups are at fractal, only the luckiest few gets rewarded due to RNG. I respect you having over 90k relics and such, but at the end of the day, it is not prestigious.

I myself have finished all fractal achievements, have 3 characters heavy/medium/light for fractal 50, made about 20~30k relics but spent it all on 20 slot backpacks and ascended back pieces. And my first fractal skin was from fractal 10~20 when I first started pugging. Value of fractal skins are nothing more than result of RNG, and the cost of fractal skins should be about 25~50 pristine relics imo.

However the kitten tonic, should be given to those who gets up to fractal level 100 and have finished all the achievements, and then some. Or given to those who have completed fractal weapon collection.

Tour

Posted by: svensta.6945

svensta.6945

A fractal skin should have a price between 75 and 150 pristine fractal relics.
This is consistent with their drop rate, which is probably around 1%.
However there are two additional facts to consider:
1) It is possible to farm pristine relics, and this added level of certainty should make fractal weapons more expensive than suggested by their drop rate.
2) With pristine relics, there is also the certainty of getting the weapon you want, which should further push up the number of pristine relics you should pay for a weapon.

I will be sincerely disappointed if fractal weapons can get bought for anything under 50 pristine relics. This would undermine the time and effort that thousands of players have sacrificed to obtain fractal weapons.

(edited by svensta.6945)

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Hoping to win the lottery and buying the tickets required every week doesn’t equal effort once and if you finally do win it. Someone earning the same amount of money by running a casino doesn’t invalidate your “efforts” of buying lottery tickets weekly.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

Drop rate is like 12% at level 50. So following your logic, they should cost between 7 and 15. Good deal.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

Drop rate is like 12% at level 50. So following your logic, they should cost between 7 and 15. Good deal.

On the other hand, a run on 50 does not assure you the wanted skin. So let’s take the average number of frac50 runs for a full collection and divide it by the number in the set: 580 (avg. after my simulation with 1000000 full collections) / 19 ~= 30.

Of course running gives quite a bit of extra skins (67 are found on average) so 20 is prob a “fair” price.

edit: Hmm if skins will still be in the loottable I would say 30 actually is fairer.

(edited by Bohantopa.5729)

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

However there are two additional facts to consider:
1) It is possible to farm pristine relics, and this added level of certainty should make fractal weapons more expensive than suggested by their drop rate.
2) With pristine relics, there is also the certainty of getting the weapon you want, which should further push up the number of pristine relics you should pay for a weapon.

I will be sincerely disappointed if fractal weapons can get bought for anything under 50 pristine relics. This would undermine the time and effort that thousands of players have sacrificed to obtain fractal weapons.

it undermines nothing really. RNG is RNG.
I took 8 months of daily runs ( multiple runs on most days) to drop a longbow.

It doesn’t matter that I did that – I got lucky – that was it really.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: Setz.9675

Setz.9675

People are really bitter, sour and salty in here aren’t they?
100-250 prestines for a skin for fake prestige… hahahaha you guys are insane.

I lucked out to get a GS skin on my lv28, I saw a post here before about a guy still not having his GS skin after 2 years and someone with 1600 pristines still not having the dagger skin while I at roughly 400 pristines total got the dagger 3 times. Are you actually trying to justify that the luck of getting a desired skin equals 100-250 pristines? How many mindloops did you go through to make yourself believe this lie?

20 pristine relics for 1 skin is fine, also Im at 15/19 skins unlocked. If people get them in a less punishing manner than I did Im happy for them. Just because I went through a hellish farmfest for the skins (with a beyond broken system that I wanted to be fixed since fractured patch) doesn’t mean others should suffer the same way. I actually made the juggernaut because the hammer skin won’t drop for me.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Why so much care about those skins, lol. Relics are just way to close last gaps in collection, nothing more.
And “prestige” – while you can just pay 20g per day for free f50 kill? Really?
Only really good thing in top fractals are chests, because I have lots of alts and planning to make even more.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Eldiora.5836

Eldiora.5836

I am fine with 20, i did thousands of fractal runs and never was on the lucky side of the rng, always staffs in tons, some greatswords and lots and lots of underwater weapons. Never the skins I liked.

Why should I have to grind thousands of dailies again just to get those skins I want? (Unfortunately i switched most of my pristine relics into normal ones at some point)

Posted by: Silmar Alech.4305

Silmar Alech.4305

I have 409 pristine relics, 9 fractal weapons still missing, so 45 per weapon would be fine with me. Everything above 45 is unacceptable.

But seriously, the leaked number of 20 is absolutely fine with me. No matter how high the number, the best skins (like the sword) will be taken first and proudly presented, so it doesn’t matter if it is 20 or 200 relics. So give the frequent fractal runners a choice of more than 1 weapon and don’t set the price too high.

Posted by: xDudisx.5914

xDudisx.5914

Considering that fractal skins are ugly I would say 5-10 relics.

Ouroboro Knight’s [OK]

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

20 is definitely not enough, anything below 50 I would find unacceptable

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Rednik.3809

You always can buy 3 rings and throw them out with every skin.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

You always can buy 3 rings and throw them out with every skin.

That solves nothing unless everyone is forced to buy 3 of those rings for each skin he buys.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Rednik.3809

That solves nothing unless everyone is forced to buy 3 of those rings for each skin he buys.

Why everyone should do it? It’s your opinion, not everyone.

25 charracters