How to deal with dredge fractal?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: EARL.8312

EARL.8312

Although I want to also complain about the dredge fractal it will be the
post #9728374987235.
Yeah because so many players specially pug reliant like me had posted that already.
But now i just wanna ask you guys how to deal with the current state of this fractal because seriously every time i rolled dredge fractal with pugs it was “gg guys don’t wanna waste time, seems we had bad luck today, see yah” then all quits out of frustration.

Of coarse some of elitist gonna reply to me “omg another bad player crying about dredge fractal, it was easy” I know i’m not that good that’s why i want to ask here what are your strategies to finish this fractal without problems in pugs.

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

I know this is going to sound like a textbook response, but the first thing you should do is open the dungeon yourself to avoid the leader ragequitting. This way even if the entire party leaves you can post a LFG saying “LFM 3rd DREDGE” and you’ll get only people prepared to do dredge.

As far as actually beating the fractal, I can assure you it’s doable, even at level 50. It just sucks royally and take upwards to an hour (with a good group). They constantly fix every little exploit so there’s no real trick to doing it, you just have to suck it up and do it and know that it’s going to hurt you all over. The bombs part will kill you if you don’t have stealth. The clown car will take at least 5 minutes, there’s no way around that. The easiest part of the fractal is the boss (and that’s no cakewalk either)

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Yup, either start the run or be prepared for a ragequitter to ruin the whole run.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: AtriustheGod.6785

AtriustheGod.6785

I just want to add that by starting the run, you are making the decision to stick with the run through hell or high water unless everyone else in the group decides to quit and are okay with you leaving. You don’t want to add to the problem of ragequitting dungeon leaders.

Posted by: Fasyx.9347

Fasyx.9347

Just ignore it. ANet wont do anything about it. ANet is lying since months, like “We´ll look into dredge fractal”…nothing happend. It doesn´t matter how fast you´ll rush through this dumb fractal(-design), in the same time you can do a whole fractalrun.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Go on YouTube and search for Obal. He has guides that show you how to get past the different sections in that fractal and they do work for less coordinated groups. I think he’s working on a guide that shows the full run rather than it being broken down into various sections.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Something I think is important when completing this fractal is the appointment of a leader. So many times, 3 members will have vastly different strategies. It’s important to choose one, flesh it out completely in chat or teamspeak (so, like, say this player to take his character to this button and do this, while these 3 run through the gate the second it opens, blah blah blah). It’s important to go with a single plan, rather than 5 people trying to do 5 separate things.

Secondly, when you finally get to the 2 button room, make sure you kill the 2 vets guarding before going in. Then, pick a side to clear of dredge, tell one person to get on the button, and another to be ready to grab the console while one person goes to the second button and the 4th kites/tanks dredge. The person on the console is usually best to have stealth, some instant cast invuln (ele mist form) or other blocks to keep the console going if the dredge kiter/tank dies/fails.

Then run up, get to bombs if unlucky, and thats a tale for another person to explain, as i am tired now.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Ayrilana.1396

I found that normally if the person running the console had never grabbed initial aggro from the dredge, then they usually don’t go after them. Of course this may have just been luck with the randomness that aggro is.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Something I think is important when completing this fractal is the appointment of a leader. So many times, 3 members will have vastly different strategies. It’s important to choose one, flesh it out completely in chat or teamspeak (so, like, say this player to take his character to this button and do this, while these 3 run through the gate the second it opens, blah blah blah). It’s important to go with a single plan, rather than 5 people trying to do 5 separate things.

Secondly, when you finally get to the 2 button room, make sure you kill the 2 vets guarding before going in. Then, pick a side to clear of dredge, tell one person to get on the button, and another to be ready to grab the console while one person goes to the second button and the 4th kites/tanks dredge. The person on the console is usually best to have stealth, some instant cast invuln (ele mist form) or other blocks to keep the console going if the dredge kiter/tank dies/fails.

Then run up, get to bombs if unlucky, and thats a tale for another person to explain, as i am tired now.

Mesmer + Thief = cakewalk

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Best post on this thread for sure.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Hope you’re being serious, if so, <3333

If not then I’ll do better next time.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Nope dead serious

That’s some very good advice. This is something that requires GOOD coordination. Reflects, stealths, high DPS to clear the crappy mobs… etc. If people aren’t all on the same page then it’s just wipe after wipe after wipe and most of the time you’re right… it’s because people don’t know whether or not they should take initiative and end up getting killed because they didn’t know who was going to do what.

As for your explanation of the console room… that was just the best strategy that I’ve utilised, what you described. I especially like what you mentioned about the 4th person kiting/tanking. One other thing that I think’s worth mentioning is that since one person is going to be on the side that was cleared, they should consider having spykits/harpy feathers at hand or something like that so that the person kiting can focus more on protecting the person on the other side/console.

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

Button room is simple, clear left side (out of habit) and have one on button, thief stealths the right button (very easy with a simple SS and SR stealth combo), and anyone takes the console, the single dredge that spawns can be easily kited or pulled when he spawns.

Bombs are simple, “Mesmer + Thief = cakewalk” sums it up.
Kill the mobs before bombs, mesmer drops a port, thief does smoke screen stealth, everyone gets one bomb, and meets at door where the thief does SR. Mesmer drops a portal but waits before taking it. One person counts “3” “2” “1” “go” and everyone drops bomb and immediately after takes the portal. Wait 90 or so seconds for bombs to respawn and repeat. Shouldn’t take more than 5 mins.

Cannons is easier. Thief stealths all the way to the end of the door, you can skip all the mobs. Put yourself at the very rightmost part of the door near the pipes. The thief brings scorpion wire and the mesmer pulls the two closest dredge with focus pull and thief pulls the third one with scorp wire. You kill them all, get guns ready, and the thief uses Black powder with blinding powder for 6s stealth. You all run to door and start shooting it at same time, this should be easy. When stealth is about to run out, SR for a good 15s stealth. (20s if traited, but it’s unnecessary) This is far more than enough to break the door. If needed, mes uses mass invis near the end for another 5 seconds, I have never seen the door not fall after all 25s stealth.

The clown car and boss are very easy and I don’t think require explanation.

Essentially pull adds and boss, kill adds, and don’t pull any more, then kill boss, then chain reflect/proj blocking and kill all the spawns in front of the car (or in back if the group is bad).

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

Bring a thief.

/15char

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: acruz.6013

acruz.6013

Bring a thief.

/15char

And a mesmer, a guardian is helpful too.
If not: re-roll

Posted by: ubershaun.3649

ubershaun.3649

Groan loudly and prepare for yourself for the worst 30-45 minutes of your life. After the immediate 5 minutes also spend time asking yourself why you do Fractals anymore.

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

1. lay on the ground
2. try to not cry
3. cry a lot

I really like fractals, but i have found 3 really frustrating things about them and sometimes i am asking myself why i do fractals ^^

1. Dredge … …. this fractal is seriously bad, long, boring, kittening thing, really kittening me off, and ofcourse i dont have players to play with, so i am hoping with pugs …

2. Reward … especially rings that i dont care or nothing, deal with it

3. fractal weapons … got 1 frac warhorn skin for 400+ runs of 28+ (pre frac patch) and now not a single weapon was dropped

Yesterday i got group with 4 guys who were on TS so i got luck to play dredge with them (no thief), SO KITTEN!

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

For bombs without a thief, just kill your way to the door, drop two bombs only and stay next to the door, kill adds as they spawn, and when all the bombs are up drop five at once. It takes seven bombs to break the door. It’s no problem if you wipe after the door’s down, just kill everything and then do the clown car normally.

Just pugged a 49 a couple hours ago and this worked fine. (We did have a mes and two guards though, and that certainly helped.)

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Ayrilana.1396

I normally did 3 just in case we needed a person free to do something.

Posted by: One Note Chord.5031

One Note Chord.5031

Haha, 3 would’ve been better on this run, too, because only 4 got planted the second time around and one person had to go run and get the last one. So yeah, 3 is probably better advice!

Colin Johanson: "Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”
Pre-launch, Colin listed things that make MMOs bad. They are all now in GW2.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Button room is simple, clear left side (out of habit)……..

ahem..habit..

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

Button room is simple, clear left side (out of habit)……..

ahem..habit..

I like how you caught that.

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Cry and Re-Roll :’(