How to play a Mesmer in dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

But for any other dungeon or a team with any additional projectile defense it’s just throwing away dps.

Well, that’s where EU and NA tactics (HC aside) usually differ. You have two guardians in your fotm team, we have none, you run mesmers + guardians in normal dungeons we use either guardian or rarely mesmer.

I heard cookie’s team was planning on doing the run over again without guardians, and rare mesmer says hi

Waiting for Brazil to craft his necro!

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

But for any other dungeon or a team with any additional projectile defense it’s just throwing away dps.

Well, that’s where EU and NA tactics (HC aside) usually differ. You have two guardians in your fotm team, we have none, you run mesmers + guardians in normal dungeons we use either guardian or rarely mesmer.

I heard cookie’s team was planning on doing the run over again without guardians, and rare mesmer says hi

You’re too rare sandy, didn’t have enough cupcakes yet?

Posted by: Oom.3205

Oom.3205

Edit: The below is nonsense, I’m not even sure how I managed to convince myself of it now. Durend has the right of it.

After messing around with the GM dueling trait: Mantras lose their readied status if you get downed. I suppose this encourages better play in the same way as Scholar runes and sigil stacks, but man does it feel punitive facing nearly 9 seconds of casting time to get back to where you were.

Something to bear in mind if you are some combination of bad, still learning, pugging.

(edited by Oom.3205)

Posted by: durend.6237

durend.6237

When dead yes, but I don’t recall every losing mantra charges when downing.

Posted by: Oom.3205

Oom.3205

Bah, I might be talking kitten. I’ll have to test again. I went and downed/rallied a few times off of the infinite krait in an obviously doomed Tequatl attempt after trying a few dungeons, and seemed to lose Power Break reliably on down. Not so sure about resolve/recovery as I was actively using those at times.

The extra damage is very noticeable when not faceplanting, regardless.

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Mind to post typical party composition?
Warrior, Ranger, Engi, Guardian and Ele, maybe?

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

It varies but ranger, engi and necro are pretty much never picked.

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Dub likes to maintain his party with a healthy mix of 90% warrior, 10% other

You also must have a twilight. Sunrise is an instant kick.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Why? Spotter is pretty huge (also frost spirit). And Engi goes for helping to achive 25 stacks of vulnerability on bosses.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You also must have a twilight. Sunrise is an instant kick.

If a precursor doesnt drop for you within the first three guild runs you get kicked for having bad RNG.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

spoj.9672

Well thats pretty much all of us out then. :<

spoj.9672

Why? Spotter is pretty huge (also frost spirit). And Engi goes for helping to achive 25 stacks of vulnerability on bosses.

Not many people have them and engi is slow and has poor personal dps. Cant really comment on ranger, id imagine its because those of us who do have one prefer to play other classes and its awkward to play in some dungeons.

Posted by: sorenrye.7238

sorenrye.7238

I agree with the utility set in the OP post. I think [Phantasmal Disenchanter] is a very good utility to remove boons from bosses.

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

Mind to post typical party composition?
Warrior, Ranger, Engi, Guardian and Ele, maybe?

On average probably 2 warriors, 1 guardian/mesmer, 1 ele and one random profession.
Differs a lot though, we also had runs of 4 rangers 1 engi or 4 guardians 1 mes.
We play how we want.

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’d like to add this to the stickied Mesmer guide if you don’t mind.

… And about class forums, atleast the Mesmer forums, this guide would be very welcomed there. The majority of players aren’t PvPers (More WvWers but still) and are always looking to digest new helpful info.

Posted by: TheKillerAngel.3596

TheKillerAngel.3596

I’d like to add this to the stickied Mesmer guide if you don’t mind.

… And about class forums, atleast the Mesmer forums, this guide would be very welcomed there. The majority of players aren’t PvPers (More WvWers but still) and are always looking to digest new helpful info.

Go ahead. I’d add it to the Mesmer forums too, but knowing Anet moderation, they’d infract me for “spamming.”

Think stacking and skipping trash is cheap?
Read: Playing to Win.
Guide: How to play a Mesmer in dungeons.