How useful are foods?

How useful are foods?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Meh, I would have to kick myself for not running those sigils.

How useful are foods?

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

When I ran out of dungeon tokens (very quickly because I don’t get to play frequently…) I just bought like six Serpenstones off of the TP, maces are pretty cheap to get. Greatswords… well ebonblade is like 3g or something, it’s just a good thing you only really need outlaw slaying/undead slaying/night/svanir slaying/force.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

How useful are foods?

Posted by: Crysys.1297

Crysys.1297

food buffs and potions are extremely useful in dungeons.

whether or not you should use them depends on the difficulty of the dungeon, i guess. for example (anecdotally) in faceroll dungeons (i.e. cof, AC) i rarely see people with food buffs. in dungeons like arah i tend to see little less than 50% run with buffs. lastly, contrast that with lvl 48 fractals and i rarely see anyone without a food buff. if the content calls for it, chow down!

How useful are foods?

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Well the theoretical difference in kill time with a team of Slayer/Night vs Force/Night over a 30 second fight would be 1.5 seconds. Probably doesn’t work quite like that but you get my point

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

How useful are foods?

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

food buffs and potions are extremely useful in dungeons.

whether or not you should use them depends on the difficulty of the dungeon, i guess. for example (anecdotally) in faceroll dungeons (i.e. cof, AC) i rarely see people with food buffs. in dungeons like arah i tend to see little less than 50% run with buffs. lastly, contrast that with lvl 48 fractals and i rarely see anyone without a food buff. if the content calls for it, chow down!

No, you will always be better with food. Always. And some of them give enough stats to be like a 7th piece of armor. Would you be ok with people who walking into your group without wearing boots? And when questioned, they said “eh it’s so easy, I don’t need them”.

Nobody needs food to simply complete the dungeon. Completing dungeons in this game can be done with 5 naked bearbows. However, to complete them with max efficiency and minimize time, you should use every available resource, including proper sigils and foods.

As Dolan is pointing out, not every gain is statistically significant, but food/potion usage is such as easy thing to “do right”, so why not do it?

Retired. Too many casuals.