I want to teach people Twilight Arbor

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tony.6028

Tony.6028

Some pick-up-groups are downright mean, and this doesn’t give new players a pleasant opportunity to learn speed runs. I happen to know TA explorable very well, and I want to help people learn how to do it and how to deal with various PUGs.

Please PM me in-game or on the forums if you’re interested. Hopefully more people can spend a few hours sharing their knowledge, and less time being frustrated at others.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Better off finding a well known noob guild if you want to teach, most forum users already have their legendary.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I would have totally taken advantage of this as I have just started doing dungeons. As it happens though, we JUST did TA story mode yesterday. (We still have most of the others to do.)

But anyway, thanks for offering, that’s pretty good of you!

Posted by: Mathemagician.1836

Mathemagician.1836

Pixelpumpkin, the offer is for Tony to teach you the explorable mode, which does have some tricky bits to it. A very generous offer I’d say!

Hopf Bifurcation, Norn Mesmer, We Are Owl Exterminators [OWL], No Dice [DICE]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Pixelpumpkin, the offer is for Tony to teach you the explorable mode, which does have some tricky bits to it. A very generous offer I’d say!

Indeed. I like this trend of people who are good at a dungeon coming here and offering to help new people. I’ve noticed on gw2lfg, that people very often say “experienced only” for TA, second only to Arah it seems.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

Ohhh, I misread. I thought this was about story mode. Sorry!

Yeah, I have all three explorable paths still to do.

Tony, can I add you to my friend list and ping you in game some time?

Tony.6028

Ohhh, I misread. I thought this was about story mode. Sorry!

Yeah, I have all three explorable paths still to do.

Tony, can I add you to my friend list and ping you in game some time?

Of course!

Posted by: Aurna.8370

Aurna.8370

If you’re still looking for folks who’d like to learn the dungeon, I’d love to join.

I have done it on story mode, but have had a tough time finding a group that will take a new player and I’d much rather be upfront about not having done it than get kicked for making a mistake later on.

Also just a thanks for going out your way and doing something like this, everyone has to learn somewhere – its much appreciated!

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

My regular fotm group has expressed interested in going for dungeon master. When we get up to TA (probably a week or two) I’ll defniitely message you in game.

Very kind offer, ty

RIP in peace Robert

Tony.6028

Thanks for the many replies; I’m glad there’s a lot of interest here.

I ran one of my first coaching sessions, and took a small snapshot of the chat afterward. This really makes the run satisfying for me.

Attachments:

Posted by: Sabreene.8062

Sabreene.8062

I just ran across this and had to reply, especially after seeing that last post. I can see my name, lol! (Rienke)

Although not new-new to TA (I’d guess maybe 8 to 10 times, mostly on the up/up path, a few f/f and once f/u), I really appreciated your leadership on that run. I’d caught on to some of the tricks before by imitating the others I was running with, but it was really nice to hear what should actually be done, why & where. I learned a few things, which I always like.

Plus, it was really nice to be with a group that was pleasant and encouraging, rather than sniping at one another. All my runs have been through the lfg site, and this was one of the best groups. At the time I didn’t know you were looking to help people through the dungeon, and I remember thinking how refreshing it was to have someone go out of their way to help (especially when Klem joined).

Thanks again!

Posted by: Danireathorn.2814

Danireathorn.2814

Hey guys!

Just want to throw my experiences out there. We ran with Tony tonight and it was GREAT. Amazing communication and he really knows his stuff. I have only good things to say about him.

[LFG]

Tony.6028

I just ran across this and had to reply, especially after seeing that last post. I can see my name, lol! (Rienke)

Although not new-new to TA (I’d guess maybe 8 to 10 times, mostly on the up/up path, a few f/f and once f/u), I really appreciated your leadership on that run. I’d caught on to some of the tricks before by imitating the others I was running with, but it was really nice to hear what should actually be done, why & where. I learned a few things, which I always like.

Plus, it was really nice to be with a group that was pleasant and encouraging, rather than sniping at one another. All my runs have been through the lfg site, and this was one of the best groups. At the time I didn’t know you were looking to help people through the dungeon, and I remember thinking how refreshing it was to have someone go out of their way to help (especially when Klem joined).

Thanks again!

Hey guys!

Just want to throw my experiences out there. We ran with Tony tonight and it was GREAT. Amazing communication and he really knows his stuff. I have only good things to say about him.

Thanks! It was awesome to run with you. I’m glad I provided some value, and am genuinely impressed at how fast people picked up the run/tactics.

(edited by Tony.6028)

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

nice to see other people doing this, my guildmate and I have been running with first-timer for while, it’s alot of fun, and this way new player don’t get discouraged the first time they run a dungeon. i remember my first time, took so much time, so many repair, i never wanted to run again, but this way they see how easily feasible it is.

If you ever need a 5th player, don’t hesitate to wishper me! Snow Farrun / Aeron Nix

(edited by Trice.4598)