Idea: Dungeon Glider Skin Rewards?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: therapite.3645

therapite.3645

Clearly Dungeons are not a priority anymore. I know that, I accept that. I do them anyway with friends because I love them. I like the rewards (mostly) and I like that they’re collections to work for. With the introduction of gliding into Central Tyria I think that even for no other reason than to make dungeons a little more exciting again for the people who still play them, coming out with glider skins for each of the core dungeons would be nifty. Something else to work for and spend tokens on when everything else is boring and done to death. Just my $0.02 that no one asked for lol.

Tattered AC wings that glow at night. Nice plant gliders with flowers from TA. Dark bones and sinew from Arah. Burning lava from CoF. It would be really rather awesome to earn things like that.

Ayla Tyrsdottir | Melsande | Rowan Cabot | Joxa | Phedra Nyx|Ephiny Tyrkin
Eternal Clarity [Ankh] /Archivists Sanctum [Lore]
A quaint dye collector with a lore problem.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

This is a really awesome idea, and a great way to actually implement a unique set of gliders that ARE NOT GEMSTORE items.

Unfortunately I just don’t see Anet doing absolutely anything with dungeons anymore. If they weren’t integral to your personal story, I bet they would’ve deleted them entirely. It’s a shame when a company completely abandons their own content.

I still love this idea though. A themed glider for each dungeon would offer such a good variety of skins from the get-go.

therapite.3645

Thank you so much! Friends and I were doing dungeons and it just clicked as I was looking around at the rewards.

I know and it’s so awful since I really loved them when I was first able to do them as a natural offshoot of the story. I mean, I guess never say never? And the fact that they ARE still here just gives me the faintest glimmer of hope for a future of the game with dungeons in it that are maintained maybe.

Ugh but I know, can you imagine? Icicle shard glider skin for Honor. Asura polished mecha skin for CoE. Awful Dredge one for SE. I would go back and do every dungeon a thousand times for these. Hell, I’m thinking of sketching them.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

And the fact that they ARE still here just gives me the faintest glimmer of hope for a future of the game with dungeons in it that are maintained maybe.

Yeah, you are right, the dungeons are still there but guess what: There is no existing dungeon team at Anet, they all left the company. The current staff has no knowledge of the “old stuff”. Your idea is ok for me but it will never be realized since dungeons are dead and completely out of focus. If they could remove dungeons they would do it.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

therapite.3645

Well until such a time as they don’t exist at all anymore, I will keep the dream of dungeon glider skins alive

It never hurts to dream, and Journey would kill me if I stopped believing. Just because the current staff doesn’t know the “old stuff”, if that’s the case, doesn’t mean that at some point in the future someone might not come along and revive it.

It’s not like I’m holding my breath. I know it’s a faded dream at this point. But it would be nice is all, especially since people do like them. Ah well.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I also like them but some dreams are not worth to dream for. This one is such a thing.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I will keep on dreaming Like with SAB…. I will never forget. SAB OR RIOT!

therapite.3645

Thanks Mortifier! I never really got into the SAB but I say keep on dreaming for that too!

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I was thinking it’d be nice to be able to buy dungeon specific decorations with tokens. Would really get guilds into running em as well.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

See??? That is another AMAZING idea!!! Add scribing recipes and materials to dungeons!!!! That would justify the gold reward nerf as people would be able to sell looted scribing mats.
+ of course we want those gliders hh

therapite.3645

Yes! That would be fantastic! Maybe even split it up per path if possible and get like, statues of the bosses or something when you’ve defeated them X number of times, or something to mark the occasion. Or have a trophy room that works like the Hall of Monuments used to in GW1 where it fills up based on how much you’ve done, just for dungeons. There could be so many things they could do to make it interesting again and not be based on money!

But I really want those glider skins still lol XD

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

The attached images are fan concepts of an asuran glider (not mine, I just found them). I think something like this would make an awesome Crucible of Eternity glider that you purchase with knowledge crystals.

There’s so much room for creativity with this dungeon glider skin idea, I just wish it wasn’t more or less a hopeless cause.

Attachments:

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I added, this forum post onto Gaile’s glider suggestion thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Glider-Suggestions-Share-Them-Here/page/3#post5989883

Posted by: Serious.6940

Serious.6940

At the moment gliders are one area that they can sell skins and not get too much hate back. They are not important for the game and you can choose to buy or not.

So I for one would prefer glider skins to be almost exclusively a shop bought item.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

ANet has said that they are no longer working on dungeons. That would include, I presume, creating new rewards that are specific to this game mode.

That said, they could introduce new items that include the possibility of spending dungeon tokens in lieu of something else. For example, the OP’s idea of an ascalon-themed glider skin could be forged with something with a low drop rate from the Charr fractal or can be purchased using tons and tons of AC tokens, making it not-quite-easy for fractal veterans and difficult for dungeon regulars.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

therapite.3645

Well like I said, I know that they’re not doing anything else with dungeons. But it’s still nice to dream.

And thank you reapex.8546 for adding this to Gaile’s thread! I hadn’t even seen that!

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Well like I said, I know that they’re not doing anything else with dungeons. But it’s still nice to dream.

And thank you reapex.8546 for adding this to Gaile’s thread! I hadn’t even seen that!

No problem