Is possible to obtain dungeon armor sets inside the dungeon (drop)?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: aierk.9701

aierk.9701

Q:

It is natural to think that the armor can be obtained inside the dungeon, but so far I have only received greens and blues. Is this normal?

Posted by: Kuzeer.5320

Kuzeer.5320

A:

That is the only way.

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

Sorry? Dungeon armors are bough just with tokens, completing a path, and collecting a huge amount of them .. There are dungeon vendors, check LA, south

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: aierk.9701

aierk.9701

Wait… That is the only way?

that can’t be right…

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Only way – They wanted to remove the RNG element, so you felt as if you were always getting closer and didn’t lose a bad roll. It isn’t bad thing to think…..but, it isn’t working that well which is why they are trying to figure out how to make dungeon chest rewards worthwhile now.

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Well, you know, they could’ve not removed tokens from the chests.
Arenanet create problems then wonder how to fix them.

Yes I know this was to prevent farming the first bosses in each dungeon, however completely removing the tokens from them was the most unintelligent solution to this problem.

I mean, they could simply have tokens drop once a day from chests. Or if they want to be really harsh, only drop once and then not again until you complete that dungeon.

(edited by Asagi.1405)

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Well, you know, they could’ve not removed tokens from the chests.
Arenanet create problems then wonder how to fix them.

Yes I know this was to prevent farming the first bosses in each dungeon, however completely removing the tokens from them was the most unintelligent solution to this problem.

You still get the same amount of tokens for completing the dungeon. You would get 5 from each chest (15) and then the endboss would give you 15 on initial completion and 5 on repeat. This is 30 on initial and 20 on repeat. It’s the same tokens in a different part of the dungeon.

These days, barring DR, you get 60 on initial and 20 on repeat, which is more tokens than previously with the tokens in the chests. Am I missing something here?

Posted by: Asagi.1405

Asagi.1405

Well yes you’re missing that if you don’t complete the dungeon due to a variety of circumstances including glitches, people leaving, people unable to re-enter, the game freezing, disconnections, or plain bad luck, you get nothing at all.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

Yeah, I hope there’s a good solution in the works for “checkpoint” rewards. One of the reasons I currently like AC is that the champion graveling (detha path has 2 champions) drops 5s, and the end boss drops 15s (7s and 21s respectively using omnom bars). They need something like this, if nothing better, in other dungeons, too. If they had more of these, people may start clearing mobs normally.