Is this what raid gonna be like?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

It’s good trolling ping some silly berserkker gear first and then change some tank gear on.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

It’s good trolling ping some silly berserkker gear first and then change some tank gear on.

In which case people can just require you give them you gw2efficiency account info, and if they see you have tanky gear in your bag going into a raid kick you. There are always ways to filter bads.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

In which case people can just require you give them you gw2efficiency account info, and if they see you have tanky gear in your bag going into a raid kick you. There are always ways to filter bads.

For some reason people haven’t done this. In dungeons they wonder why dps is low when laughing my kitten off nomad gear on.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

That’s your part of the experience. The other part is noticing who doesn’t take high damage (indicator of tanky gear) and kicking them when they least expect it.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

That’s your part of the experience. The other part is noticing who doesn’t take high damage (indicator of tanky gear) and kicking them when they least expect it.

I have no problem with filtering pugs if that is how you want to play it. But man, you sure have thought of a lot of ways to do it! I just imagine the vetting process.

First I link my insights. Not good enough. I need to split them into stacks, Okay passed that. Link some gear. Then show my eternal. Then we pull and I take too little damage. To GW2 efficiency. Only to realize they are wearing tank gear! Kick.

Meanwhile the other 8 people in the group are mashing their heads into the wall waiting to play.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Doesnt it take longer to split a stack of insights than it does to change a chat code?

You split them into the required stacks BEFORE the ping sequence is given – after you have you splits done the required ping sequence is given. Then you must ping the said split stacks in a certain order during a period of time that would be shorter than what it would take you to change chat codes.

…………….

http://gw2.ninja/chatcodes
[&AgH2LQEA]
Why yes it’s going to take so much time /sarcasm.

You do realize i can make any number of a valid stack faster than you can blink right ?

Talyn.3295

Doesnt it take longer to split a stack of insights than it does to change a chat code?

You split them into the required stacks BEFORE the ping sequence is given – after you have you splits done the required ping sequence is given. Then you must ping the said split stacks in a certain order during a period of time that would be shorter than what it would take you to change chat codes.

…………….

[&AgH2LQEA]

You do realize i can make any number of a valid stack faster than you can blink right ?

I was trying to stay out of this discussion, mostly cause I don’t care one way or the other who makes you ping what.

But making someone display their all their character info, including bags and insights on gw2efficiency kinda negates any use of those codes. Now of course you can say well in that case I won’t let them look at my stuff, which of course amounts to the same thing, you just got filtered.

Most raiders have an account, you can look in what they have in their bags. Right then you can see if they have the wrong gear in their bags or if they don’t have the insight requirement.

It’s kinda a moot point, ya know?

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Now “casuals” will call for the removal of gw2efficiency…………..

Talyn.3295

Now “casuals” will call for the removal of gw2efficiency…………..

They already have… at least once.

TexZero.7910

…………….

[&AgH2LQEA]

I was trying to stay out of this discussion, mostly cause I don’t care one way or the other who makes you ping what.

But making someone display their all their character info, including bags and insights on gw2efficiency kinda negates any use of those codes. Now of course you can say well in that case I won’t let them look at my stuff, which of course amounts to the same thing, you just got filtered.

Most raiders have an account, you can look in what they have in their bags. Right then you can see if they have the wrong gear in their bags or if they don’t have the insight requirement.

I understand your point. I was also staying out of it till the what was easily the most ignorant comment i’ve seen was made.

It all boils down to this, people who want to raid will find a way to raid. Legitimately or otherwise. Eventually, this will happen https://youtu.be/78ICiQKdO-Q?t=22s

Talyn.3295

…………….

[&AgH2LQEA]

I understand your point. I was also staying out of it till the what was easily the most ignorant comment i’ve seen was made.

It all boils down to this, people who want to raid will find a way to raid. Legitimately or otherwise. Eventually, this will happen https://youtu.be/78ICiQKdO-Q?t=22s

Yeah, I hear ya. It falls on both sides. So I don’t want to point fingers at either.

I enjoy having harder content in the game. I am sure that there are alot of people who want to do that content as well. Some of them have done it and are still struggling with it, thus wanting to increase the odds of success by finding other players who they believe are skilled.

The other side is you have players who missed that initial first wave of raids. And desperately want to explore and try this content. Some of them have the skills and could probably easily learn how, if given the chance.

I know, because I was in the later group. When raids were finally dropped I was up to my ears in Fallout 4. Still am now and then. Thankfully I have a pretty decent guild and even nicer friends who were willing to help catch me up to speed and give me a spot in one of our raiding teams.

This also meant I had to pulls some overtime watching kill videos and learning mechanics so that I would have at least a basic understanding of the fights before I went in.

It took me two weeks of playing, raiding once a week to get my eternal title. I can only attribute part of this to my own skill. The rest of it came from having a great group of players to run with.

The problem is that not everyone has the means to get that support from friends or their guild. I am sure given time that raids will be more pug friendly. But it won’t be any time soon, until then we will just see more of these kinda threads where people are asking for requirements to prove you are worth taking a chance on and letting in their raid group.

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

Some people are good and learn the fights well enough to farm after a clear or two. Most people are mediocre and need to do several before being efficient at it. I guess the LFG parties always assume the person joining them is the worst kind of noob and ask for some form of ‘proof’.

Or maybe they really think having a hundred insights makes them great players. Just like the old Achievement point rubbing. “I have 30k achievement points. kitten I’m good at this game.”

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

Harper.4173

I have no problem with filtering pugs if that is how you want to play it. But man, you sure have thought of a lot of ways to do it! I just imagine the vetting process.

First I link my insights. Not good enough. I need to split them into stacks, Okay passed that. Link some gear. Then show my eternal. Then we pull and I take too little damage. To GW2 efficiency. Only to realize they are wearing tank gear! Kick.

Meanwhile the other 8 people in the group are mashing their heads into the wall waiting to play.

It’s still preferable to spend 1 hour setting up and finding the right people than to spend 2-3-4 hours failing boss encounters repeatedly and wondering why.

Harper.4173

…………….

[&AgH2LQEA]

Sure – but can you ping those stacks in a given order faster than someone who is doing it out of the inventory?

That’s the real test – I’m surprised people don’t understand.
It’s not having the stacks but being able to ping them in a certain unique pattern quickly enough.

Do I need to create a diagram?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can macro chat binds.

TexZero.7910

…………….

[&AgH2LQEA]

Sure – but can you ping those stacks in a given order faster than someone who is doing it out of the inventory?

That’s the real test – I’m surprised people don’t understand.
It’s not having the stacks but being able to ping them in a certain unique pattern quickly enough.

Do I need to create a diagram?

There’s only so much you can say before you dig a ditch you cant get out of. There’s a total max of 33 (if you’ve raided and killed every boss every week) splitting a stack down to any number between 1-33 and having a copy paste for that is simple.

Do i need to create a cheat-sheet just to show it to you ?

Harper.4173

First of all the number of insights increases per week.
Second of all I don’t think you understood the method.

The splitting is not the actual test – you can split as fast as you can copy/paste.
The pinging is the test – the sequence and how fast you can ping it.
You can’t pre set-up this because guess what – the sequence I’m going to ask for will be random.
It might include pinging the stack of 5 insights once, or 20 times, intertwined with other pings for other stacks. You can’t prepare for it. You have to do it on the spot – and you can copy/paste the codes provided you have all of them – but it will take you longer to copy and paste a code and send it than it would take you to ping it from your inventory.

Over a sequence of 2-3 codes the let’s say 1 second delay between actual inventory pinging and copy/pasting might not be big enough to be conclusive – but over a let’s say a sequence of 20 codes – if you lose 0.5 seconds because you’re not pinging and are copy/pasting and it’s just a bit slower – well that’s 10 seconds.

So if I give you a sequence of 20 – and you’re let’s say 5 seconds slower than I calculate you should be – I’ll kick you.

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

So if I give you a sequence of 20 – and you’re let’s say 5 seconds slower than I calculate you should be – I’ll kick you.

I am going to need to see the exact math on these calculations!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can key bind chat codes for various stacks. So yes you can do it just as fast.

TexZero.7910

The splitting is not the actual test – you can split as fast as you can copy/paste.
You can’t pre set-up this because guess what – the sequence I’m going to ask for will be random.
It might include pinging the stack of 5 insights once, or 20 times, intertwined with other pings for other stacks. You can’t prepare for it. You have to do it on the spot – and you can copy/paste the codes provided you have all of them – but it will take you longer to copy and paste a code and send it than it would take you to ping it from your inventory.

Over a sequence of 2-3 codes the let’s say 1 second delay between actual inventory pinging and copy/pasting might not be big enough to be conclusive – but over a let’s say a sequence of 20 codes – if you lose 0.5 seconds because you’re not pinging and are copy/pasting and it’s just a bit slower – well that’s 10 seconds.

I don’t think you understand how this works.

People can and will have macro’s to copy/paste any number of insights you can imagine from here to 250.

So please come up with the human genome of complex sequences if you want, people will out play your little test.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

Anet, remove those insights and make it a rare drop instead of dropping every week from every boss. Or implement a chat code that allows us to ping “30 insights” or more to show ppl we are so called “experienced”.

You and other players could use this code: [&AhH2LQEA]
It pings 17 Legendary Insights.

If people get use to seeing 17, here is a code for 9: [&Agn2LQEA]

Edited:
Original Poster asked for 30, this is 32: [&AiD2LQEA]

Only there are other ways to by pass this.

Ping 4, now 7, now 15, now 32, now 19, now 3 – in that specific order.
Do it in under 30 seconds. Or kick.
My method counters your chat codes – you’re welcome.

No problem, there is a list of chat codes for each number you listed. You’re welcome.

Oh one additional note: “Do it under 30 seconds”. There are several people out there that do not split stacks fast due to being on a laptop or having a hand related injury. However, these people can still do raiding just fine because they fulfill a role that works for them. You don’t need to amazing reaction time to do raiding, as opposed to soloing Illadri.

Read my other post.
Also – if you’re on a laptop and can’t split stacks fast chances are you’re not going to play well either – same goes for hand injury.
You haven’t raided much if you think you can have a situation where you can’t ping stuff fast enough but can play and perform fine in raids.

You haven’t interacted with enough disabled or handicap people to feel they’ll be poor in raids due to disabilities.

(edited by reapex.8546)

reapex.8546

Why would you sneak into a group that you don’t meet the requirements of ?(even if you think those requirements are absurd).

I have no idea. It’s just that very requirement is meant specifically against people that would do so (for everyone else simple “Exp only” should be enough). It really has no meaning otherwise.

Agreed, saying experience is enough of a requirement imo.

reapex.8546

gw2efficiency, isn’t as main stream as it may seem; Also, some people are extremely cautious about giving any of their account info to a non official site.

Posted by: BlueDragon.7054

BlueDragon.7054

Your method is only a hassle for legit players and won’t do anything for players that want to lie about their insights and experience.

Also people that want to lie can do your pinging sequence method way faster than legit players if the use macros.

And the macro for that would be really simple. Since it seems that you don’t understand what people can do with a macro I will try to explain.

(There are many ways to do it)

For example, in programming there’s something called dictionaries which can pair key values with other type of data. In this case you could put as a key value the number of insights(the key value would work like a search index) and the paired value would be a string containing the chat code.

You could have a dictionary that contains all possible insight number.

Then the macro would be really simple, something like when you press and hold some key (control, alt, or whatever you want) start reading number input, when you release the key, retrieve the string value(chat code) associated with that number (the key value). Then automatically copy and paste that chat code.

I hope that makes it clear for you, people that want to trick you could ping you the insights with any sequence faster than legit players with a macro that does something llike that.

Which that kind of macro, they would only need to press and hold one key + type number of insights + release key to ping you any number of insights that you want. And the sequence wouldn’t matter at all.

*English is not main language, sorry if it’s not explained clearly and for grammar and spelling mistakes.

Posted by: Kami Poi.4659

Kami Poi.4659

what most people here are forgetting great players have no need to exclude anyone only bad leaders and bad groups do so.

great players teach and mentor others.

reapex.8546

Your English is very well, imo and I was able to understand your sentences clearly.

reapex.8546

what most people here are forgetting great players have no need to exclude anyone only bad leaders and bad groups do so.

^ that times 12.

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

Ding ding ding, we have a Winner!

We are still seeing guilds having the first wing on farm bring along new guildies and friends and explaining the encounters to them. Right now with only one raid wing out there and the completion time of one-shotting all the bosses being under a half hour, raiders who routinely expect to raid for…well using my own preference of a 2-3 hour raid period in a day, are more than willing to spend time working on a boss with someone new.

At least in GW2 you get some form of reward for progressing in a fight in the form of tokens, which helps alleviate some of that stress and anger you might see in say WoW when the raid wipes and gets nothing but time wasted.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Harper.4173

You can key bind chat codes for various stacks. So yes you can do it just as fast.

Bind chat codes to keys? Sure – but you’ll end up binding at least 10-15 keys.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Bind chat codes to keys? Sure – but you’ll end up binding at least 10-15 keys.

How many different stacks can you make out of ~40 insights? Hint: 10 different stacks means at least 55 insights.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

I wish it was like this, but unfortunately it’s not, players choosed stupid Insights and ascended armor as trophies… Like how the hell is someone who’ve been unlucky all years is supposed to get these?

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Insights have 100% drop rate though… nothing to do with luck

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Insights have 100% drop rate though… nothing to do with luck

Problem is, you need to have insights before you can get into groups that will give you that 100% rate on insights.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November