char 15

Item Restrictions in Raids

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zlociutki.9165

Zlociutki.9165

Sigils of Day/Night – These will not have any benefit

does this mean Sigil of Force?

Sigil of Force is fine.

Thank you very much for your answer. So, basically we can only use only one sigil and one rune in Raids. Selecteed by Arena Net. Nothing more, and nothing less.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Just remove all potions and slaying sigils.

I agree with this. We should also remove Sigil of Night while we’re at it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sigils of Day/Night – These will not have any benefit

does this mean Sigil of Force?

Sigil of Force is fine.

Thank you very much for your answer. So, basically we can only use only one sigil and one rune in Raids. Selecteed by Arena Net. Nothing more, and nothing less.

You can still use a lot of other sigils like sigil of bloodlust, air and fire

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Please provide more details. A list would be fantastic <3

MTX Combat Boosters – Speed, Might, Regen, Swim Speed (ect)
Food/Utility with +%Damage vs Monster Type – These will not have any benefit
Pet Consumables – Ogre Pet Whistle, Fire Elemental Powder (ect) will be disabled
Sigils of +%Damage vs Monster Type- These will not have any benefit
Sigils of Night – This will not have any benefit
Costume Brawl – Costume Brawl Pet summons will be disabled

I might have missed some things here, but you get the picture. Feel free to ask about specific items, however if they are likely to add a edge to combat, they are likely disabled.

What about runes?

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

So sigil of bursting will not be used?

Tour

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

As you #1 fan, I think I’m just going to wait until you succumb to casual complaints and nerf Guild upgrades and Raid limitations, like you did with Masteries et al..

Thanks and see you soon!

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

Can someone explain the logic behind the decision of not including % dmg sigils/potions on monsters and sigil of night?

It’s quite confusing as to why this would not be allowed

Posted by: Scudmuffin.7120

Scudmuffin.7120

Can someone explain the logic behind the decision of not including % dmg sigils/potions on monsters and sigil of night?

They’re clearly just disabling situational and/or mtx related buffs/items.

Sigil of Night was only useful in dungeons that were always night time, potions of flame legion slaying only good in CoF, etc.

For the vast majority of players this stuff being disabled won’t make a difference. They don’t want players switching out sigils or potion buffs depending on the boss they’re fighting, it’s unintuitive and pretty silly, quite frankly.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Its a fair decision to disable slaying and night. Ive never liked what those do. They force you to get hundreds of different versions of the same weapons/pots just to min/max. This is a welcome change.

They could make sigils unlockable like skins. That’d remove the need for different versions of the same weapons. It’d make sense too from a stat changing perspective since losing your sigil can be a massive disincentive to stat change.

Of course, this would benefit the player; Anet, not so much.

Posted by: Rose Solane.1027

Rose Solane.1027

What a very strange decision. These sigils and runes were obviously made for challenging content. Nobody would use them in other content as any other sigil or rune would be better. And now you disable them in the most challenging content. So they are useless and should just be removed from the game. Including refund to players who bought them. This is just a kitten move.

To be clear: I don’t think these runes and sigils should have been in the game in the first place. So removing them would be great. But ArenaNet isn’t making that move. That would implicate that they made a mistake. Instead of taking the time and effort to rectify the mistake they just disable them. That is just a kitten move.

Piken Square, The descendants of Gwen

Posted by: StacyX.4831

StacyX.4831

Following up on today’s blog post about raid rewards, we wanted to share some details on specific items:

In order to preserve the challenge of raids, we’re disabling the use of a number of items inside raid instances. Many of these restrictions will be familiar, as they’re also disabled in WvW and dungeons. However, we are also disallowing the use of many runes and sigils that provide bonus damage versus particular types of enemies, as well as the potions that give similar effects. Using food and utility buffs inside a raid is perfectly okay, but most other items that give bonus damage or access to new skills beyond your profession have been disabled.

Could we get a list of what isn’t going to be acceptable? We need a list of all items that are going to be disabled. I don’t want go into the raid with runes or sigils that are completely useless.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

They’re clearly just disabling situational and/or mtx related buffs/items.

Sigil of Night was only useful in dungeons that were always night time, potions of flame legion slaying only good in CoF, etc.

For the vast majority of players this stuff being disabled won’t make a difference. They don’t want players switching out sigils or potion buffs depending on the boss they’re fighting, it’s unintuitive and pretty silly, quite frankly.

Yes, I agree that it’s quite annoying and silly to switch around. If this is the case….the ‘fix’ seems like a badly applied band-aid

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

Good riddance to potions and night weapons.

Posted by: Orlania.5926

Orlania.5926

@Chris Cleary

What about Revive Orbs from the Gem Store? I hope they will be disabled too.

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

I might have missed some things here, but you get the picture. Feel free to ask about specific items, however if they are likely to add a edge to combat, they are likely disabled.

I’d like to know if you disable:
- pots of hylek poison
- medical packs
- power matrix/boulder/spikeroot fruits
- golem in a box
- underwater net
- all spy kits and harpy feathers
- birthday blaster?
- food with %dmg when moving (seaweed salad, experimental remnants)
- toilet papers

Thanks

Same question but some more stuff:
- Skale Venon
- I will be able to use “Toy Axe” but i will not be able to use the Pet summon right? (checking if i did understand right)
- Revive Orb

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

Wait what? If you are disabling the extremely situational sigils and items (the ones that work against 1 particular type of enemy, then what good are they at all?

I dont need a potion to kill a lvl 50 flame legion, I need one to kill a boss with 6 digit hp pool.

I thought that raids were going to be content that was SO challenging where the use of these situational items would become encouraged. This is kind of disappointing tbh.

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

Wait what? If you are disabling the extremely situational sigils and items (the ones that work against 1 particular type of enemy, then what good are they at all?

I dont need a potion to kill a lvl 50 flame legion, I need one to kill a boss with 6 digit hp pool.

I thought that raids were going to be content that was SO challenging where the use of these situational items would become encouraged. This is kind of disappointing tbh.

These type of consumables don’t make things challenging, just make you spend more gold…… Anyone can buy in the TP these type of stuff.

I am happy that they did balance Raids without those things.

No more swapping sigils 50 times per day.

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I always disliked the Night sigil, never used it, be cause you had to have different sets of weapons. This was silly. I like the change.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: archmagus.7249

archmagus.7249

Pet Consumables – Ogre Pet Whistle, Fire Elemental Powder (ect) will be disabled

If we have a food/utility which still has some time left on it (the duration was boosted by a primer, and we still got a few hours on it) will the timer on the buff keep counting down, or would the timer be suspended until we leave the raid?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

If we have a food/utility which still has some time left on it (the duration was boosted by a primer, and we still got a few hours on it) will the timer on the buff keep counting down, or would the timer be suspended until we leave the raid?

He just said that they wouldn’t have any effect. They probably accomplished this by making it day time during raids so Night sigils didn’t work and not giving any of the enemies the same type as any of the potions. So just like how an undead potion won’t work on a tree, none of the potions would work on the mobs in here.

Also as far as still having the buff up, none of the slaying potions are that expensive. Are you really that worried about a couple of silver?

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Some of these are unlikely to be used in the first place, but it’d be nice to have an answer regardless

Yes/No on these:

Rune of the Privateer
Rune of the Ogre
Rune of Infiltration
Rune of the Grove
Rune of the Sunless
Rune of the Lich
Rune of Snowfall
Rune of Rata Sum
Rune of the Mad King
Rune of the Flock

Sigil of Demon Summoning
Sigil of Impact
Sigil of Mischef

Ghost Pepper Popper (and other food that is day/night specific)

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I always disliked the Night sigil, never used it, be cause you had to have different sets of weapons. This was silly. I like the change.

Well I somewhat agree’ somewhat disagree here. I main ps war (I guess zerker zerker ps war now). And it was always annoying to have to carry multiple greatswords. But what about my other weapon slots? If I played the entire game using gs + axe/mace I wouldn’t be playing very efficiently. For example at mai trin I usually go gs + mace/shield for cc + blocks during the first half of removing stacks.

Is carrying multiples of the same weapon really any different from carrying different weapons? Because I would imagine the builds used in raids could very well use different weapons, especially in classes with weapon swap. This is a form of gear progression in the game, whether you allow situational sigils or not.

Posted by: NaotsuguLH.8915

NaotsuguLH.8915

Well I somewhat agree’ somewhat disagree here. I main ps war (I guess zerker zerker ps war now). And it was always annoying to have to carry multiple greatswords. But what about my other weapon slots? If I played the entire game using gs + axe/mace I wouldn’t be playing very efficiently. For example at mai trin I usually go gs + mace/shield for cc + blocks during the first half of removing stacks.

Is carrying multiples of the same weapon really any different from carrying different weapons? Because I would imagine the builds used in raids could very well use different weapons, especially in classes with weapon swap. This is a form of gear progression in the game, whether you allow situational sigils or not.

I think what he was referring to was having several greatswords. One for night with x slaying, one for night with y slaying, one for day, etc. I suppose in general slaying sigils are so cheap you could just keep the sigils and replace them every time you need a different slaying sigil, but meh

Posted by: AndrewMcLeod

Previous

AndrewMcLeod

Game Designer

Some of these are unlikely to be used in the first place, but it’d be nice to have an answer regardless

Yes/No on these:

Rune of the Privateer
Rune of the Ogre
Rune of Infiltration
Rune of the Grove
Rune of the Sunless
Rune of the Lich
Rune of Snowfall
Rune of Rata Sum
Rune of the Mad King
Rune of the Flock

Sigil of Demon Summoning
Sigil of Impact
Sigil of Mischef

Ghost Pepper Popper (and other food that is day/night specific)

These should all work – the only item upgrades (sigils/runes) that are disabled are the ones that specifically provide benefits versus specific enemy types. The raid is not set at nighttime, so sigil of the night, and things that provide specific benefits at night don’t work. I don’t think any foods are disabled, and the only utility buffs that I recall disabling were the slaying potions from Artificer.

We disabled these upgrades because we don’t want everyone to have to be constantly changing the upgrades in their gear based on what they’re fighting in the raid in order to be optimal. These upgrades are bad to equip unless you’re fighting the specific enemy type, and we don’t want to create the situation where it’s optimal to swap out for Sigils of Ghost Slaying to fight through the spirit woods, then switch sigils when you get to Gorseval, then equip Sigils of Justice for Sabetha, and then swap out for whatever sigils you usually use when you leave the raid.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Can you universaly remove them from the game? :P

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Or even better, turn them into Force and Air sigils. /cough

I can see why the sigils are disabled, but potions aren’t even close to being on the same level of annoying to carry around/costs imo.

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I agree with this notion.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

We disabled these upgrades because we don’t want everyone to have to be constantly changing the upgrades in their gear based on what they’re fighting in the raid in order to be optimal. These upgrades are bad to equip unless you’re fighting the specific enemy type, and we don’t want to create the situation where it’s optimal to swap out for Sigils of Ghost Slaying to fight through the spirit woods, then switch sigils when you get to Gorseval, then equip Sigils of Justice for Sabetha, and then swap out for whatever sigils you usually use when you leave the raid.

Thanks for the answer. I don’t mean to sound harsh so sorry about that if I do but if the reason is that changing sigils/weapons would be a hassle, then maybe it’s about time to implement a way to resolve the situation. For starters at least Legendaries should have this feature to absorb and recall sigils and runes on demand just like their stat combos that’d take less inventory space and would be more convenient at the same time (not to mention the extra incentive for creating a Legendary). Talking about convenience, the first thing that comes to mind would be build and equipment templates.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I can already see how it will look… my completely fine and beloved soldier guardian/dragonhunter will be totally useless, because i will have to craft berseker with sigil of force, air, and runes of scholar….not gonna happen.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I can already see how it will look… my completely fine and beloved soldier guardian/dragonhunter will be totally useless, because i will have to craft berseker with sigil of force, air, and runes of scholar….not gonna happen.

How is this relevant to sigils of night/slaying potions/ect. being disabled?

Zelendel

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

How is this relevant to sigils of night/slaying potions/ect. being disabled?

Well I think he is pointing out that no matter what many people are going to have to optimize their builds for raids, and that the sigils/runes/potions were only ever a small part of that.

Take ranger as an example. If everyone expects rangers to run healer in raids, the zerker/sinister gear they have for fractals is going to be useless. Rangers may get stuck often having to carry 2 different sets of gear.

Another example could be warriors expected to bring condi instead of ps.

Posted by: imbalancedhero.3968

imbalancedhero.3968

You should just completely remove these situational sigils/potions then. Nobody will use them for easy content and if they cant be used for hard content stop making them fill up my inventory.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Thanks for the answer Andrew. That all makes sense and it’s more clear what’s disabled and why.

Posted by: Kraggy.4169

Kraggy.4169

The hardcore elitist raiders are going to whine about this, this sort of min/maxing is exactly what they like doing because it gives them something to look down on others who for whatever reason aren’t able to tote dozens of fight-specific bling and buff items.

I applaud you for doing it.

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

The hardcore elitist raiders are going to whine about this, this sort of min/maxing is exactly what they like doing because it gives them something to look down on others who for whatever reason aren’t able to tote dozens of fight-specific bling and buff items.

You must be new here.

Actually, most of them like this kind of changes. It is more than welcome IMO.

Posted by: Fines Juliverine.5846

Fines Juliverine.5846

Is it welcome?

Guess not… I know a lot of people having their fun with min maxing their equipment.

They would be really disappointed if they would hear their 4 staffs on ele their multiple greatswords , daggers and so on are kind of useless then because they have pretty much of this ascended stuff

So if this is your opinion please don’t force anet to change this because you don’t have to min max … If you are just to lazy to swap around use perma force air and everything is fine..

But you want to force us min maxers to change our stuff because you are lazy … Sounds fair

I’m fine with the changing in raids because I never expected they would be nighttime or a specific type of enemies … But anet should stop to changing old content …

[Hs]

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I understand the reasoning behind it, but its pretty annoying towards people that crafted multiple ascended weapons with different sigil combinations.
Aren’t the raids all about being hardcore content? judging by the devs posts that said the raid servers will run on player’s tears, and the scaling around ascended.
I would think they would actually encourage people to put effort into it and minmax their equipment.

On another note, anyone wanna buy an ascended staff? hue

Attachments:

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Does this mean I can’t bring my own rocks that I bought with my precious silver to throw at the raid boss?
Aww.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Kordash.2197

Kordash.2197

Is it welcome?

Guess not… I know a lot of people having their fun with min maxing their equipment.

They would be really disappointed if they would hear their 4 staffs on ele their multiple greatswords , daggers and so on are kind of useless then because they have pretty much of this ascended stuff

So if this is your opinion please don’t force anet to change this because you don’t have to min max … If you are just to lazy to swap around use perma force air and everything is fine..

But you want to force us min maxers to change our stuff because you are lazy … Sounds fair

I’m fine with the changing in raids because I never expected they would be nighttime or a specific type of enemies … But anet should stop to changing old content …

I would like to know how i could “force” Anet to do things :P

Btw, i’m one of the said min/maxers, i like to optimize my playstyle.

(edited by Kordash.2197)

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

You must be new here.

Actually, most of them like this kind of changes. It is more than welcome IMO.

If anything, it takes away the ability for non-hardcore elitists to cheese it with them.

Posted by: Alphard.6529

Alphard.6529

+1

[KING] Alpha Cas

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

At least, judging by what we’ve seen (not tested b/c bugged) in betas there will be more roles than DPS, regardless of 99% being DPS anyways. 1 extra slot for diversity. Way to go.

So you can’t DPS and support or DPS and CC? That’s impossible to you?

I didn’t know wearing zerk (or sin) made all of your boons, heals, and cc ineffective.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Can we just have these completely removed from the game then? I think that would be a better option.

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

just came here to express my deep disappointment with blocking toilet paper from raids. no wonder why people quit

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

So…why is there a “Raider’s Supply Package” for sale on the Gem Store that contains boosters that you can’t use in raids?

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Scam

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

just came here to express my deep disappointment with blocking toilet paper from raids. no wonder why people quit

Are you saying that you want your raid to wipe?

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

What about the potion of karka toughness? I was really bummed to not be able to use this because one night I was supposed to be playing tank but someone had higher toughness then me (fail, I know). I cant understand the reasoning behind this as it is quite a dps loss.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

I would just like to be able to use a BL trader, bank access, and a recycling kit.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”