[KING] Fractal Tournament - 4000G of Rewards!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Impale.2503

Impale.2503

[KING] Immortal Kingdom – Fractal Tournament

The tournament will be held the 26th of July 2014 Starting at 14:00 UTC – Server Time

It will consist of 3 rounds of 90 minutes during which competing teams will have to complete as many level 50 fractals as possible. With a total prize amount of 4000g, it’s a healthy change of pace from typical fractals rewards!

The event will be streamed on twitch so each team must have one streamer.

Each fractal will be worth a specific amount of points based on its length based on [KING] Immortal Kingdom’s extensive experience in fractals. Incremental values based on the tier at which you get a fractal will be applied to reward progression, though you’re free to roll swamp over and over if you think you can still win.

The Final Point spreadsheet for every fractal will be published 48 Hours before the tournament, and each registered team will be notified ingame.

There are only Four Rules:

You can’t switch character. (You are allowed to relog the same character for repairs)

All pathways that are designed to block progress through the path must be opened. You may not have any party member(s) get past blocked passages until the required sequence/dialogue has been completed.

You will be disqualified if it is evident that your party has deliberately abused positioning to disable a boss. This means safe spotting a boss, line of sighting to cause a boss to break, etc.

You can’t use gem store consumables and tomes of knowledge – other consumables are welcome.

As far as other aspects of fractals, anything goes, so have fun strategizing.

The first round is open to every team who wants to participate. Afterwards all teams report their scores and close their streams. We’ll download the archived broadcasts to confirm the top 4 scores are accurate, then move on to the second round. Teams that will have ranked 5 to 8 will be rewarded but will not progress to the Semifinals.

The second round, or Semifinals, will consist of the top 4 from the free-for-all, the top two teams in terms of point will proceed to the Finals, where they will face each other in one last round of ultimate destiny to decide the victor!

Prizes
1st place – 2000g + 10000 Gems
2nd place – 1000g + 4000 Gems
3rd place – 500g
4th place – 250g
5th place – 125g
6th place – 75g
7th place – 50g
8th place – 1 Broken Claw

To apply please contact The Rise, Iquasi, Zip or Particlar – And post an application form as a reply to this post stating your team Name and Members.

You can check the teams taking part in the event here: http://bit.ly/1nVeIRP

If you want to get ready feel free to check our extensive fractal guides:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-f7beQOnuHhR9Rkjyv0e6gl4TKU0RVzj

or here

http://www.twitch.tv/jnvsor/profile/pastBroadcasts

And also check our spreadsheet of drop rates started on may 20th in which we just reached over 1000 chests open, so you can get an idea of what are your chances at getting the item you want!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18IHVJao5j85KOp6lBTOgO8qs4VYD3Xty-jKPZo8o-Q4/pubhtml

We look forward to see you participate and compete in the Summer 2014 KING Fractal Tournament!

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom – Guild Leader
The Rise – The Murder – The Gravity – The Ghostly

(edited by Impale.2503)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Oh gawd! Not another tournament again! Too bad, I can’t join. I’m flying of to Prague on that day ; – ;

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

You need to tell us more about the way this score goes

Impale.2503

You need to tell us more about the way this score goes

As mentioned in the thread, each fractal will be worth a certain amount of points and the Top 8, 4, and 2 will advance in the respective rounds.

The point allocation per fractal will be made public 48h before the tournament which means on the 24th.

Keep in mind the point distribution will be based on our recorded footage and upcoming runs awarding 1 point per minute it takes [KING] – on average – to complete said fractal with our current strategies.

To make it as fair as possible – and keep it interesting by preventing people from over calculating point distribution, we have decided to refine the list as much as possible and post at T -48h.

So there you go, all that is left for you is to enjoy the tournament

Posted by: Darox.8069

Darox.8069

So all four 90 minutes rounds will take place on the same day?

Impale.2503

So all four 90 minutes rounds will take place on the same day?

Yes, but keep in mind that there will be eliminations, so not everyone will get to play all the rounds, but they will get to watch the performance of the ones who progress, live!

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

So participants will be able to use all consumables (like Power Matrix or Tome of Knowledge)?

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

What is 2000 gold worth if I can’t buy fractal sword for it

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

So participants will be able to use all consumables (like Power Matrix or Tome of Knowledge)?

Yes, every consumable is allowed apart from the ones from the gem store (Bobblehead laboratory still allowed)

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I will gladly participate in it and will start preparing a party comp for it.

I suggest clarifying the way the scoring system will work unless you haven’t fully sorted that out yet. I’m sure this will be more complicated than the dungeon tournament that just ended but it sounds like it’ll be fun. ^^

Guild name: rT – but I have a question— is only one team able to represent 1 guild for this? If so I might have to just represent another one depending on whether or not there’s a lot of interest in this tournament for other rT members.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This seems really awesome! Good on you guys for organizing it.

I don’t think I could fractal that long… so I’m out unless a team desperately needs me (Lol) and I don’t much like 50s due to the lack of attention you have to pay to the agony attacks given the amount of AR you have to run, but I will definitely watch with interest!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Asko.4120

Asko.4120

One guild can send multiple teams if there are enough interested players available!

Immortal Kingdom [KING]

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

All these tournaments make me sad that I’m terrible at this game

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Wouldn’t any fractal difficulty between 41 and 49 (including those) be much more interesting due to the instability?
I never ran 50 because I can’t be kitten d to craft a (light) ascended armor, so I can’t tell how much harder enemies hit/survive/etc. on 50 than they do on a 40-49.

Other than that it does sound interesting.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Hooray! Fractal leaderboard!……… #neverforget

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Iris Ng.9845

This could be our promised community-made Fractal Leaderboard!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

All these tournaments make me sad that I’m terrible at this game

/FEELS

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Wouldn’t any fractal difficulty between 41 and 49 (including those) be much more interesting due to the instability?
I never ran 50 because I can’t be kitten d to craft a (light) ascended armor, so I can’t tell how much harder enemies hit/survive/etc. on 50 than they do on a 40-49.

Other than that it does sound interesting.

I don’t think the tournament would make much sense then, because every level results in slight changes with mobs/bosses and we want everyone to be ideally playing with the same difficulty settings as one another. It’s already kind of tough for KING to arbitrarily determine the amount of points each fractal will be worth because it’s based off of how fast they can clear them, if I’m not mistaken.

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

random suggestion?

perhaps do it at level 40?

possible more teams to compete due to less AR required. Or is that part of the challeneg you all want to establish is the “toughest” setting and marathon it. ??

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I’d love to have a similar composition with random pparties (you simply get random parties and in the end of each fractal you get points according to time used, then you reform another random party).

That imho would show skill and profession/mechanics knowledge (expecially adapting builds on the fly).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

@Ropechef.6192:

It is part of the challenge. It’s not a subject to change.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

Posted by: Ropechef.6192

Ropechef.6192

@Ropechef.6192:

thats what I thought, no worries here mate

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

;__; another tournament nobody wants to invite me to.

Sandy sadcasting

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

To me, this sounds like an awful rng torture.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

You can’t use gem store items.

Define those items. If you want to say “no boost”, just say so.

This so broad that it’s entirely possible that you disqualify someone for having a skin or salvaging using the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic (as you well know, the inventory is often full after a fractal). I personally would consider those disqualifications unacceptable. Saying “just don’t use those” is also problematic as it’s being fastidious over non gameplay things.

Also, some other team could be fussy and swear they opened a boost with a key they got ingame. So the used item doesn’t technically come from the gem store.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

@Ropechef.6192:

Gear gating is not a challenge. I would of suggested fractal 49. :P

Anyway this tournament seems like it would be far too stressful for competitors and thats coming from someone who loves fractals. Doesnt really appeal. Maybe anet can remove RNG rolling and then we can have a proper tourny.

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

I would lower the agony resistance requirement to 55 ar
to make it more accessible to a larger part of the community.
Anyways I’m rly excited and looking forward to see some nice competition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Impale.2503

Define those items. If you want to say “no boost”, just say so.

This so broad that it’s entirely possible that you disqualify someone for having a skin or salvaging using the Copper-Fed Salvage-o-Matic (as you well know, the inventory is often full after a fractal). I personally would consider those disqualifications unacceptable. Saying “just don’t use those” is also problematic as it’s being fastidious over non gameplay things.

Also, some other team could be fussy and swear they opened a boost with a key they got ingame. So the used item doesn’t technically come from the gem store.

No GemStore Consumable Items – sorry this wasn’t clarified.

Simply put no boosters, no rez orbs, no repair canisters, no metabolic primer, bonfire camp, etc.

Salvage-O-Matic isn’t a consumable, so it is fine.

And as far as other teams creating a fuss about boosters, the rule is here, Gem Store Consumables is a designation not an origin. No boosters means no boosters.

I hope that clarified things

Divus.3175

Gear gating is not a challenge. I would of suggested fractal 49. :P

Anyway this tournament seems like it would be far too stressful for competitors and thats coming from someone who loves fractals. Doesnt really appeal. Maybe anet can remove RNG rolling and then we can have a proper tourny.

There’s a reason why every fractal will have set points. RNG is taken under consideration. You should be able to do every fractal consistently though. I.E. if you have problems with beating Mai Trin and don’t have a problem with Jade Maw… well… it’s your problem.

spoj.9672

Doesnt remove the issues though.

Impale.2503

Welcome to Guild Wars 2.

:)

Divus.3175

Doesnt remove the issues though.

Think about DnT tournament. You weren’t able to predict which dungeon will be picked by second team and by DnT. And there’s more dungeons than fractals. There’s more than 30 dungeon paths and only 15 fractals. Treat it as some sort of test: you get 15 question to learn and some of them might come up, some of them won’t. Sure thing is: you won’t get anything aside those 15 questions.

RNG is existant only if you’re not prepared for some of those fractals. Same with any other test.

spoj.9672

Yeah but it all depends on your point system. And even with a perfect point system (impossible), RNG can favour teams massively by giving them only their best fractals while others get stuck with only their worst fractals. Keep getting time gated fractals? re-roll. Oh you’ve lost time and potential good tier 3 fractal points. A picking system is vastly superior and completely different so I dont see why you are comparing to the DnT tournament.

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

There are only Two Rules
You can’t switch character. (You are allowed to relog the same character for repairs)

1. Please clarify gem store items. Obviously boosters and costume brawl items (executioner’s axe) would be banned, but does that extend to literally everything? Rez orbs (presumably banned)? Repair canisters?

2. Does anything really go? Taking Mossman for a swim, for example, not all that competitive or entertaining.

Zelendel

Impale.2503

Yeah but it all depends on your point system. And even with a perfect point system (impossible), RNG can favour teams massively by giving them only their best fractals while others get stuck with only their worst fractals. Keep getting time gated fractals? re-roll. Oh you’ve lost time and potential good tier 3 fractal points. A picking system is vastly superior and completely different so I dont see why you are comparing to the DnT tournament.

Dear Spoj,

Our point system takes under account time gating – directly and indirectly – for every possible fractal, thanks to our recorded footage and thousands of hours of gameplay in FotM.

We also compensate, not only for the time gating, but also for progression through all tiers and bosses to give players an incentive to go through with the chain rather than rerolling.

So chances are that the team that gets 3 “long/time gated” fractals and chooses not to reroll, even if they end up with Mai Trin, will do better by completing it rather than rerolling.

The real RnG here is how good can a team perform against a certain encounter.

(edited by Impale.2503)

Impale.2503

There are only Two Rules

1. Please clarify gem store items. Obviously boosters and costume brawl items (executioner’s axe) would be banned, but does that extend to literally everything? Rez orbs (presumably banned)? Repair canisters?

2. Does anything really go? Taking Mossman for a swim for a 90 minutes doesn’t sound all that competitive or entertaining.

Gem store consumables are prohibited in the tournament, if you want to try and make use of that Number 2 on your executioner’s axe, go for it – Hint, in fractals it won’t matter much.

Anything goes, if you take Mossman for a swim for 90min go for it, you won’t make it past round 1 most likely, and won’t get any coverage during said round.
So it will not affect the entertainement/competitive side of the tournament.

Fror.2163

The Final Point spreadsheet for every fractal will be published 48 Hours before the tournament, and each registered team will be notified ingame.

Could you elaborate a bit on this, give a dummy example of a sheet?

Is it something like this:
First fractal – Swampland: 1 point
First fractal – Aquatic Ruins: 2 points
First fractal – Urban Battleground: 4 points
Second fractal – Urban Battleground: 3 points

Is this what you mean?

Impale.2503

Is this what you mean?

Fror.2163

Is this what you mean?

I ask for example (not extract) and you answer with nothing. If on one hand you make interesting tourneys, on the other hand, the communication is lacking.

Impale.2503

Is this what you mean?

I ask for example (not extract) and you answer with nothing. If on one hand you make interesting tourneys, on the other hand, the communication is lacking.

And this is our way of telling you that we explained very clearly how the point system works and that if you read the post we did not mention examples.

Therefore there won’t be examples.

We just try to set a standard for people to try and take the time to read and understand what we post, as well as previous answers, before asking questions that really do not have to be answered.

Anyhow, you have all the description you are going to get and will have to wait, like everyone, for the 24th to get the point breakdown.

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have to agree with Fror.

The idea for a Fractal tournament is a good one. I myself would have loved to participate, but there is a stubborn lack of information, a very sad exclusion (level 50 fractals) and a very obvious lack of wanting to listen to legitimate concerns.

Personally, a tournament with no rules against exploiting or cheating is not a good one. Especially when these runs will be streamed… and for the sake of points it will be encouraged. That in itself seems suspect and not good.

Anyway again I wish you luck… but it just seems like this should have thought more about certain things and taken more into account.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

spoj.9672

Yeah there needs to be transparency. Also i thought the plan was to have all tournies run by independant parties so no guilds are excluded and theres no monopolising of rules (something you guys seem to want to do despite not being able to compete, which is very odd). I didnt even agree with DnT doing the first one but atleast they were transparent about the rules and open to discussion. For this tournament we dont really know what we are signing up for.

Fror.2163

Also, since exploiting is allowed, I don’t understand the refusal for gem store items, be it bank access or boosters or toys.

Impale.2503

Dear Spoj,

Our point system takes under account time gating – directly and indirectly – for every possible fractal, thanks to our recorded footage and thousands of hours of gameplay in FotM.

We also compensate, not only for the time gating, but also for progression through all tiers and bosses to give players an incentive to go through with the chain rather than rerolling.

So chances are that the team that gets 3 “long/time gated” fractals and chooses not to reroll, even if they end up with Mai Trin, will do better by completing it rather than rerolling.

The real RnG here is how good can a team perform against a certain encounter.

The only reason we aren’t giving out more information on the rules is to avoid people going math geeks on the points and “figuring out” rotations that would probably not work, be fairly boring to watch, and take the fun out of it.

It is our choice, and is one of the tournament conditions, but you know EXACTLY how the tournament is going to work, so for the fourth time:

- Every fractal is worth a certain amount of points.
- If you get a fractal as T2, or T3 you get an additional amount of points to encourage progression.
- Point allocation will be based on benchmark runs made by KING, at a rate being kept secret for the moment, taking in consideration overall length, time gating, and kill times.
- At the end of the 90 minutes each team will be allocated points for each completed fractal. So even if a team has completed more fractals – had a better rng – than another team they will not necessary come ontop in terms of points, and therefore rank lower.
- The first round will not have any maximum number of participants, only the Top 8 teams in term of points will advance to round 2.
- Etc.

I understand you want “clarity” in the form of a competitive edge in terms of preparation, but we do believe that maybe the essence of fractals, being RnG based in their rotation, is flawed in your opinion but it is part of what makes them what they are.
So does the notion of adaptability, when the rush from 30-50 happened after fractured, hence the element of “surprise” that lets you prepare for all fractals for 3 weeks and will leave you with 48 hours to come up with a game plan for the D-Day.

As far as the choice for F50 goes, yes it makes it less accessible, but if you happen to be serious about the competition getting 3 Ascended armor pieces – or 2 and 8/7/7 infusions – in 3 weeks, shouldn’t be a big deal.
I encourage you as well to check the recent changes in certain mechanics between 49 and 50.

And to end this, i would like to apologize because sadly enough these are our rule set for this tournament, and they are final.

I hope you will be kind enough to understand and read through the already answered questions and posted information before asking any further questions.

Feel free to contact me in-game if you want to discuss certain points, so we can keep this thread about what the tournament is, and not about what it won’t be

Fror.2163

If you want to avoid the “math geeks”, disallow rerolling and open the points.

But you give the numbers 48 hours before start, so there will be math geeks no matter what. We all have good estimates of the difficulty and time of fractals at scale 50. It’s not because you run those daily that those who don’t are completely clueless.

(edited by Moderator)

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lol yeah that math will not take more than an hour to determine… and I don’t think that’s the reason people thinking about participating want to know. Frankly, it’s very confusing. As Spoj said, most people want to know what the heck it is they’re signing up for.

As for accessibility and AR, it isn’t about the competition. There’s no contest in the world that would incite me to begin the grind that is ascended armor. Until 51+ is opened there is no need or reason to me, so I’m not going to waste my time farming dragonite. I’d rather gouge my eyes out. Anyway, the rules of the tourney may not be up for discussion, but I think that’s flawed. Even DnT considered suggestions. They didn’t talk down to people like they were children.

[ARES]

spoj.9672

You could give us an example point system with incorrect values or no fractal names. Just so we understand how the point system is going to work. As it stands we dont know at all how its going to work and how accurate it will be. You need to explain it, even if you dont give us the final values.

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

The point allocation format will roughly be one point per minute a fractal on average takes KING to complete.

This means, for example
First fractal – X awards: 3 points
First fractal – Y awards: 6 points
Second fractal – Z awards: 7 points

X fractal in this case takes KING on average 3 minutes to complete.
Y fractal takes 6 minutes and Z fractal takes 7 minutes on average.

Additional to this bonus points will be awarded to teams completing second and third tier fractals. This is to keep it interesting and reward progression. You’re free to roll swamp over and over if you think you can win by doing so.

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

spoj.9672

Thanks. Thats all I wanted to know. :P

Iris Ng.9845

Thanks. Thats all I wanted to know. :P

Gonna be hard to relate since your group always finishes fotm at 20-minute mark. Anyhow, go Team Bible, Go!