[KING] Fractal Tournament - 4000G of Rewards!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah but i dunno if i can persuade the others to do this. 90 mins of fractals and no class switching. Kind of takes the fun and diversity out of it.

Both me and gabe always switch classes and being stuck with one composition seems a bit boring to me. I can understand it sort of for dungeons, but fractals dont have the issue of being able to faceroll certain paths with 4 eles. And no sub is kind of hmmm.

Anyway we shall see. :P

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

;__; another tournament nobody wants to invite me to.

Sandy sadcasting

I want to be on your team Sandy!

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Ascended armor or 10/10/10 AR infusions being a requirement for the tournament is pretty gross. One of the most important parts about tournaments is inclusivity, and 70+ AR is a huge exclusion. I would love to participate, but I have only shelled out that kind of cash for my Warrior, which limits my flexibility in the tournament. I can’t bring my 6 non-heavy classes as a result! Being serious about the tournament is irrelevant; asking someone to spend cash as an entrance fee essentially is bad form. The difference in difficulty between L50 and L40 is practically nonexistent as far as speed clearing the fractals would be concerned.

Anyway, I like fractals. Maybe I can pull together [FGS] for a go at this as well, but if they don’t all have the required AR I may be forced to pub again!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Divus.3175

Divus.3175

Ascended armor or 10/10/10 AR infusions being a requirement for the tournament is pretty gross. One of the most important parts about tournaments is inclusivity, and 70+ AR is a huge exclusion. I would love to participate, but I have only shelled out that kind of cash for my Warrior, which limits my flexibility in the tournament. I can’t bring my 6 non-heavy classes as a result! Being serious about the tournament is irrelevant; asking someone to spend cash as an entrance fee essentially is bad form. The difference in difficulty between L50 and L40 is practically nonexistent as far as speed clearing the fractals would be concerned.

Anyway, I like fractals. Maybe I can pull together [FGS] for a go at this as well, but if they don’t all have the required AR I may be forced to pub again!

As stated before, there are few things that has to be approached differently on level 50 than on level 40 or 49.

It’s understandable that you don’t like KINGs way to create rules. One thing you can be sure is that they didn’t come up without huge discussion. No one wants to give away 4k gold from his own money without thinking it through.

[KING] Desolation – Pikan Parom (engineer), Grace Parom (ele)

spoj.9672

What is the issue with running 49? If anything its more challenging because of the dps loss. And 40 is easier but theres no huge AR requirement.

Posted by: Relativity.3264

Relativity.3264

asking someone to spend cash as an entrance fee essentially is bad form

Ignoring the fact an entrance fee would have to go to us, rather than to your own characters as armor;

70AR is only an entrance fee if you don’t have it yet – if you don’t have it yet you’ve never done 50, and haven’t done enough 49s to get enough ascended chests – and in that case you probably won’t make it past the first round.

If we were asking you to gear every profession with 70 AR (3 sets of armor) you might have a valid complaint. As it stands you have over 3 weeks to pick a class and get your gear ready.

Maxed HOM (Name: Random Firing)
Fractal 80 before Fractured, world first fractal 50 after

spoj.9672

asking someone to spend cash as an entrance fee essentially is bad form

Ignoring the fact an entrance fee would have to go to us, rather than to your own characters as armor;

70AR is only an entrance fee if you don’t have it yet – if you don’t have it yet you’ve never done 50, and haven’t done enough 49s to get enough ascended chests – and in that case you probably won’t make it past the first round.

If we were asking you to gear every profession with 70 AR (3 sets of armor) you might have a valid complaint. As it stands you have over 3 weeks to pick a class and get your gear ready.

Now thats a foolish assumption to make. When does anyone ever get an ascended box they want? I run fractals almost daily and ive only had 3 armour boxes total.

And 3 weeks is hardly enough time to gather that much dragonite with the current world boss system. Fortunately i already have several ascended sets so i dont suffer from this problem.

But can you guys please explain why you want to gear gate the tournament. You are just excluding potential competition. Most people dont gear for 50 because theres no major benefit to running it over 49. In fact i wouldnt be surprised if people only get enough AR for 38.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

What is the issue with running 49? If anything its more challenging because of the dps loss. And 40 is easier but theres no huge AR requirement.

I don’t know about [King]‘s reason but personally, I dislike 49 as an elementalist. I rely on dodges to stay alive and only use invuln when dodging isn’t available. I would cringe watching my pitiful DPS as the endurance bar slowly fills up. It is not challenging at all. Level 50 isn’t more challenging either. The only problem would be at Mai Trin, pretty much it.

Edit: A poor man’s way to 70 AR (60 AR accessory + 10 AR armor)

• 1 infused back piece + 2 infused rings with three 10 AR, at the current market price: 3*[(10.131.496)*2^9-1.496]= 17853 silver or 178.53 gold
  • Two pieces of armor which require lesser vision crystals would require only 400 dragonite ores (Head, Shoulder, Gloves, Boots).
  • Or one to two pieces of ascended weapons requires a about 500-1000 dragonite ores.
“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

spoj.9672

Yeah 50 is ideal for avoiding instability. But its a pointless gear gate. 49 is the accepted fractal for gwscr submissions so it makes sense to use that. Otherwise go for 40.

Iris Ng.9845

My regular group prefers 50 over 40 and they have no reason for that.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

spoj.9672

I assume the 0.00000001% increased chance for ascended boxes is the main reason.

Iris Ng.9845

I assume the 0.00000001% increased chance for ascended boxes is the main reason.

Nah, they have hundreds of weapon skins, dozen of legendaries, and full ascended gear in multiple characters. They stick for 50 because of the sheer belief for challenge, and maybe a glimpse chance at the vainglorious Fractal tonic. The same when asking, why do you attempt soloing at level 80 pre-Fracture patch? Some are just hardcore.

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s understandable that you don’t like KINGs way to create rules. One thing you can be sure is that they didn’t come up without huge discussion. No one wants to give away 4k gold from his own money without thinking it through.

You’d think they’d want to give away 4k gold from their own money by including serious competition that they are currently passing up on, however.

70AR is only an entrance fee if you don’t have it yet – if you don’t have it yet you’ve never done 50, and haven’t done enough 49s to get enough ascended chests – and in that case you probably won’t make it past the first round

I’ve done hundreds upon hundreds of higher tier fractals and the only ascended chests I’ve gotten were either for weapons that have awful stats or Healer’s ascended armor. If you’re going to have a fractal tournament based on a team’s ability to complete content speedily, then crappy stat combinations are unacceptable. RNG is horrible, and even if you’ve done more fractals than is socially reasonable you probably won’t have gotten nearly enough to be optimized for a tournament like this.

Spoj has the right of it. L49 is perfect for the competition, and is even a valid substitution for GW2SCR, which is the community-accepted and community-driven effort for speed clearing. Having or not having 70+ AR doesn’t mean anything about the skill of the people involved. Claiming there is a correlation there is insulting your own knowledge of Fractals.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: NeoVaris.4806

NeoVaris.4806

Nah, they have hundreds of weapon skins, dozen of legendaries, and full ascended gear in multiple characters. They stick for 50 because of the sheer belief for challenge, and maybe a glimpse chance at the vainglorious Fractal tonic. The same when asking, why do you attempt soloing at level 80 pre-Fracture patch? Some are just hardcore.

Well Rumpo got 2 (I think, but he has at least one) tonics from 49, one of which he got from leeching on the last Fractal.

Also I am pretty sure 49 is more “challenging” since you do less damage compared to 50 where you just need the AR, but what do I know I get carried through Fractals most of the time anyway .

[HC]

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I actually think 50 is more interesting to watch because when you get hit by random agony, u have to decide whether u must heal or wait for agony to end. Clutch heal is interesting. Of course 50 is gonna gear gate so many people out of this tournament.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Flanzilla.5061

Flanzilla.5061

HYPE..,…………….

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

HYPE Im in miku’s team and we’re looking forward to it! kinda still need another ele but that’ll come >_>

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Purple Miku.7032

^

I still think all exploits should be disallowed. Please.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

why a net is not doing this officially ?
praise [KING] ppl who are not giving up on this game ! can i join your guild ?

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: IceVyper.6810

IceVyper.6810

Great innitiative that will be fun to watch

It has never been easier to collect dragonite ore as it is now, and 3 weeks is more than enough time to craft armor pieces that increase your agony resistance.

Setting the level at 50 is a good choice, because it leaves the organisators with a manageable amount of teams judge.

Iris Ng.9845

HYPE Im in miku’s team and we’re looking forward to it! kinda still need another ele but that’ll come >_>

Hire me!!! You only have to pay for my round-trip transfer.

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I wish you nothing but the best! May RNG be forever in your favor!

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I would be keen if anyone needs another person. I would be using my engi though cause thats all I have

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

When is then cutoff for sign ups to this tournament? And to sign up i would just reply to this topic with something like
Team (name)
p1
p2
p3
p4
p5
And thats all i would have to do to sign up?

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

thats how we did it just mention your streamer

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Posted by: Snowball.3497

Snowball.3497

Registration deadline is the 19th of july.

Just message any of the contact persons or post a team here that wants to participate. You don’t need to have the complete party composition to sign up.

You can see what teams have signed up already here: http://bit.ly/1nVeIRP

Particlar – Desolation – [Hs]
World First Wurm KillRaid Sells on Twitch
Origin of Diboof

EcoRI.9273

Any plans on changing the rules to restricted? I feel alot of people don’t like exploits and also here is another important thing: If you exploit on stream in front of thousands of viewers, Anet can ban you for it. I don’t think it is a good idea to encourage exploiting for an event that you intent to be highly publicized.

Iris Ng.9845

What kind of exploits are you talking about?

Purple Miku.7032

The mossman exploit is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head. I don’t know of any other ones unless you count blink/lightningflash/shadowstep to skip through tons of terrain.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The mossman exploit is the only one that I can think of off the top of my head. I don’t know of any other ones unless you count blink/lightningflash/shadowstep to skip through tons of terrain.

Mesmer portal at mai trin I would count.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

EcoRI.9273

Life steal jade maw is a common one. There are some blinks that I know exist that can help you skip content. Personally I don’t think its wise to have a format that is looked down upon by Anet.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Life steal jade maw is a common one. There are some blinks that I know exist that can help you skip content. Personally I don’t think its wise to have a format that is looked down upon by Anet.

This. I would also never be caught dead streaming myself doing any of them. It’s like filming yourself robbing a bank. ((HYPErbole. ))

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Iris Ng.9845

Those mesploits are my favorite. Hardly counted as exploits to me, since you can’t totally skip the content with blink. (Either blink upwards or forwards yields the same result, anyways)

Of all mentioned, glitching Mossie underwater is cheap and glitching the cannoneers at Mai Trin is not intended.

Life stealing Jade Maw still falls within the combo mechanics unless Anet makes Jadie immune to life stealing. It’s like killing Marolna with reflected damage

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Sarahfull.4930

Dont forget the kit swaping exploit to have infinate throwing rocks/crystals

Iris Ng.9845

:D … mmm… which rocks?

Sarahfull.4930

Grawl fractal, when throwing rocks at the shaman to break his shield before they kill the humans.

Relativity.3264

Bump – registration deadline is the 19th, sign up before it’s too late!

Rising Dusk.2408

Any plans on changing the rules to restricted? I feel alot of people don’t like exploits and also here is another important thing: If you exploit on stream in front of thousands of viewers, Anet can ban you for it. I don’t think it is a good idea to encourage exploiting for an event that you intent to be highly publicized.

I’m with Eco on this one!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I don’t really see this one as an exploit, since it was the same in GW1 – Lifesteal always went through everything except “real” invulnerability, but was an awfully slow method of killing things. It’s the same in GW2, it’s only effective at Maw because it has almost no HP. If they wouldn’t want it, they could just buff the HP along with the damage the crystals do. And we all know buffing numbers is something Anet really loves to do.

I agree on not using exploits during the tournament though.
The Mossman-exploit, the Exploit where you port Lornarr outside of the Arena next to a wall (which makes you able to FGS him), Rezzrush-Mai Trin (with an 100% secure cannon phase) which can easily be achieved by someone dodging back into the corridor before the field goes back up etc. – Streaming such things during a tournament… not cool.

Posted by: Asuaka.1528

Asuaka.1528

Last time I checked you could also skip the entire dolphin section of the underwater fractal. Also, you can skip the last timegated walk of rox and braham in the molten fractal. (The one from where they first see the boss room to the boss room itself)

List of unavailable armor and weapon skins:
[Collection] Wardrobe/Skin Bugs & Anomalies

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Can you guys pm me any exploits me you know (and how to reproduce)? I will put them at gw2dungeons which hopefully fixes them.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Snowball.3497

Please don’t make this thread a hub for exploits in fractals. There is no need to explain how different skips are reproduced.

We’ve read your concerns about them, just because no change have yet come from your feedback does not mean we don’t listen.

Thanks for understanding

Origin of Diboof

(edited by Snowball.3497)

Sarahfull.4930

I would like to register a team, still gathering family & friends and need a name but should be fine. Do I post again here or whisper one of you?

Snowball.3497

Due to general feedback we have chosen to change the rules.

There are now only Four Rules:

• You can’t switch character. (You are allowed to relog the same character for repairs)
  • All pathways that are designed to block progress through the path must be opened. You may not have any party member(s) get past blocked passages until the required sequence/dialogue has been completed.
  • You will be disqualified if it is evident that your party has deliberately abused positioning to disable a boss. This means safe spotting a boss, line of sighting to cause a boss to break, etc.
  • You can’t use gem store consumables and tomes of knowledge – other consumables are welcome.

Teams that have registered are free to drop out or change their composition. If there is any question feel free to contact any of the organisers given in the OP.

Thanks for your feedback!

Origin of Diboof

Lilith Ajit.6173

Glad to see that. Good luck to everyone !

[ARES]

Relativity.3264

Due to QQ we have decided to add pointless rules

• All pathways that are designed to block progress through the path must be opened. You may not have any party member(s) get past blocked passages until the required sequence/dialogue has been completed.
  • You will be disqualified if it is evident that your party has deliberately abused positioning to disable a boss. This means safe spotting a boss, line of sighting to cause a boss to break, etc.

More thought should have gone into those rules instead of copy pasting the gwscr ones.

Getting repeated mai trins will be an RNG death scentance to a team thanks to the positioning rule.

IMHO these rules should be shortened to “Don’t do anything that lets you afk a boss”, that covers the mossman/ice shaman things which is all we really care about anyway.

spoj.9672

Those rules dont exclude anything on Mai Trin.

Unless theres some exploit to make Mai do nothing that i am unaware of?

Relativity.3264

By positioning someone outside the room a single naked level 1 can kill mai trin without dodging at 50. I’d say that counts as disabling the boss.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

By positioning someone outside the room a single naked level 1 can kill mai trin without dodging at 50. I’d say that counts as disabling the boss.

She still runs around like normal, so she isn’t disabled; she simply can be rezzrushed. I get your point however and I’d like to see that covered by the rules too.

spoj.9672

Yeah so the rule covers something that should be disallowed. Whats the problem?

Ress rushing is lame. But its not an exploit.