Kicked party leaders force-closes instance

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

cries

Was just doing CoF story. Got to flame effigy. Party leader disconnected or crashed or whatever. Some bright-spark has the idea to kick him. Everybody accepts. Why does this force-close the instance and kick everybody out? It is so hard to get story pugs for dungeons these days even with gw2lfg.com.

Im not even mad at the guy that done it, this is in my opinion, a bug or design decision that should be rectified. Between the difficulty in finding groups in the first place, and the state of Fractals at their launch. Pug dungeoneering has been the most frustrating experience ive had in ANY mmo to date. Its quite the shambles.

EDIT: Removed snarky comment about Neverwinter. Updated subject to be more descriptive.

(edited by Noobix.3958)

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

cries

Was just doing CoF story. Got to flame effigy. Party leader disconnected or crashed or whatever. Some bright-spark has the idea to kick him. Everybody accepts. Why does this force-close the instance and kick everybody out? It is so hard to get story pugs for dungeons these days even with gw2lfg.com?

Im not even mad at the guy that done it, this is in my opinion, a bug or design decision that should be rectified. Between the difficulty in finding groups in the first place, and the state of Fractals at their launch. Pug dungeoneering has been the most frustrating experience ive had in ANY mmo to date. Its quite the shambles.

Oh well, Neverwinter client just finished installing. Maybe ill have more fun over there…

I know your pain VERY WELL, had the experience where got to end(no matter what dungeon) leader of group gets chest and leaves, POOF we all leave leaving a couple of us not getting chest yet or ever for that run. Please fix this ANET.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Beast.9516

Beast.9516

THIS!
Nothing like doing 3 Fractals and Jade Maw and not getting your cookies because the guy who happened to go in first decided to leave without checking to see if everyone is ready.

Beast [Beastess Isdottir][Meilikki Isdottir][Kaunista Illusio][Savant Bixxie]
Aspiring Brotherhood [PACT]
Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

Oh well, Neverwinter client just finished installing. Maybe ill have more fun over there…

You would.. if it wasn’t conveniently in maintenance right now ><

Posted by: Kichwas.7152

Kichwas.7152

I agree that this is a valid concern but I originally came into the thread thinking I was going to be reading yet more foolissness to ignore.

If you want arenanet to notice use a better subject line and put it in support/bugs or suggestions. That said the comment about neverwinter will likely leave them ignoring you anyway…

http://kichwas.wordpress.com/ – GW2 Blog Presenting the Opposing View
JAH Bless – Equal Rights and Justice for all.
Justice And Honor – Tarnished Coast.

Posted by: Noobix.3958

Noobix.3958

I can’t seem to move the topic to a more relevant forum myself. Can a mod help me out?

Posted by: Moderator.1056

Moderator.1056

Hi everyone,

There’s already a thread about this topic. Please, feel free to join them and share your thoughts in a constructive and respectful way:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Leader-leaves-All-get-kicked

And so, we proceed to close this thread.
Thank you for your understanding.