LFG tool making dungeon running worse?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Just got kicked at the last fractal ! I want anet statement that they are not working with the gold sellers / atm i see all that kick players from last fractal / dungeon not being banned and still active everyday in-game ! 2 reasons : anet doesnt ban coz they dont care or anet doesnt ban coz they work with goldsellers ! What is it ?

Wat.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Got trolled by an auto attack staff guardian the first time i used the LFG Tool, i loled.

I’ll still use it though it’s not a bad system it just involves people and there’s nothing you can do about that other than expect the occasional failure to come along.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

No the new LFG is not making the dungeons worse.I have decent parties when people actually read what is written in the post and don’t just join on a whim.
But normally i pug only 1 or two randoms.I never make a full random pug.
Sometimes i may not even take strangers.My guild and friends are very active.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

My guild and friends are very active.

Lucky you.

Most of my DG team left GW2 for good.

And can’t really blame them.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

if im online, /w me if you wanna do a dungeon

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

My guild and friends are very active.

Lucky you.

Most of my DG team left GW2 for good.

And can’t really blame them.

Well make new friends.
I non-stop meet with new people and become friends with them.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Balgus.3468

Balgus.3468

off topic but….soo much hate on AH guard. I like my AH guard…and my boon ele. mediocre dps, but i dont even need to dodge anymore

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Remember when people kept saying how much we need an LFG tool, pepperidge farm remembers…

25 dungeons I think is because you need 500 empyreal fragmants, but there are other easier ways to get those, jps comes to mind.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

I love the new LFG, makes partying up so much faster. I pug 80% of my runs (about 2-3 per party). The issue isn’t with the tool, it’s with people who don’t bother to read the post. Same for LFG site. Just because I’m pugging doesn’t mean I have to carry their pathetic butts.

- When I say ‘Know how to dodge Alpha’, I’ll kick if they do not dodge by the 2nd Alpha.
- LB Warrior (yeah seriously) for Vines at TA – kick
- Staff camping Guard for ANY dungeon – kick.

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

Then there’s this thread on Reddit

Basically, one of the top posts is about people lying about having experience in dungeons in fear of getting kicked, with more people agreeing and upvoting them.

[–]thavleifrim 219 points 12 hours ago (251|34)
ive seen enough people get kicked for saying they don’t know the dungeon that i completely understand why people dont mention that they haven’t done it before.

EDIT: fixed link and spelling

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: bitterjo.1695

bitterjo.1695

Not having experience and lying about it makes people even angrier. I appreciate the ones who admit it BEFORE causing needless wiping. Denying it while dying every 5 seconds doesn’t help, either.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

I haven’t noticed much of a difference, but I admit if I have only a limited amount of time and it looks like there will be a problem from the outset – not the in the middle, I don’t mean raging, I mean the sub-500 ap, kitten-talking signet warrs that people have been complaining about through the whole thread – I leave. I take a look at the general composition and make a judgment call. It takes them one minute to find someone else – less with the tool – and everyone is better off for it. If you aren’t in the mood to run with people who might be bad, don’t get into it. You all sound like you play enough to have a sense from the outset what will go well and what won’t.

And I’m not against helping. If I have time and I’m in the mood, I’m happy to help people out. A lot of the most rewarding dungeon experiences come about that way. The first time I ran SE, it was with two of the nicest guys you could ever want to meet. They explained everything and were super awesome. Probably one of my top three experiences in the game.

But if I’ve had a stressful day and want to chill, I’m not going to put myself in the situation where I want to scream at bear rangers or tell people not to stand in the fire. I’m gonna get my LH ele and faceroll with axe/mace warriors. It’s better for everyone. Gauge how you’re feeling, and if it’s going to stress you to guard/heal bad groups through new paths, save that for another day.

Alternately, if you’re after gold and don’t want frustration, park seven alts in Orr and chain farm ancient wood. No noobs to slow you down, just those infernal shouts of, “DEATH, GOOD!”

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

They are definitely worse than GW2LFG pugs.

Every single pug I get into has wiped at least once, no matter what the path is. Just today, wiped on the trash skip to killing the Acolytes in CoF P1. Had several people in HOTW1 try to kill the turrets that knock you back, just before the final boss (they wanted more loot)…. that was a first. Also did a CM story where we wiped about ~5 times.

I’m 99.99% sure that you’re average joe is queueing up for dungeons right now, because most people I run with have less than 1500 achievement points. And that’s great! But right now, it seems that the community as a whole is inexperienced with the game’s dungeons, as where people who used GW2LFG were (mostly) knowledgeable players.

I’m confident that people’s experience in the LFG tool will be better over time, as the community learns the dungeons. But right now, coming from a frequent GW2LFG pugger, I think i’ll continue to use that site for nwo.

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

Posted by: ManiumX.4735

ManiumX.4735

I could see the quality of pugs being worse, but I don’t think the LFG tool is entirely to blame.

People need to do 25 dungeons in order to craft an ascended weapon, which means we’re seeing people who wouldn’t normally step inside a dungeon trying to farm.

Just curious since I’m not too educated on this… what precisely is the connection between dungeons and pink weapons? Why 25 specifically?

For every dungeon you do you get 20 empyreal fragments. You need 100 empyreal fragments to make an empyreal star. 5 empyreal stars to make a vision crystal. 1 vision crystal to make an ascended weapon.

All in all it’s not so bad, it’s the dragonite ore that’s the real kitten. You’ll need a total of 500 as well and the best way to get it is through temple events. 30 a pop.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

All in all it’s not so bad, it’s the dragonite ore that’s the real kitten. You’ll need a total of 500 as well and the best way to get it is through temple events. 30 a pop.

I would argue that it’s much easier and faster to get the dragonite ore than it is to get empyreal fragments. It’s just a whole lot more boring, so it feels like the worst part.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

okay I just tried pugging with the new lfg tool

Never

Again

Oceanic [LOD]

colesy.8490

do tell

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

Please do.

/popcorn

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Never

Again

So uh… how did that CM run go?

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Wukunlin.8461

pugging CM first try:
-lvl 4x engi, opened the instance, dced, kicked him then got kicked out so yay excuse to leave
-lvl 4x I don’t remember class never bothered entering instance after waiting for 10+ minutes
- lvl 6x warrior who decides to pull every mob and die

Thankfully that ended before we killed the first mobs.

Tried again and finished P1 in 40 min… I can’t say anything really went horribly wrong. Just a lot of suboptimal builds and inexperienced people. It was bearable though, that group was easy to chat with. But seriously this lfg tool needs a way to set things like lvl filters (underleveled people cannot self invite, eg a lvl 42 shouldn’t be able to get into a CM exp group), at least let the current members look at the player before popping them straight into the group

Oceanic [LOD]

Wukunlin.8461

Never

Again

e;lrjs;jhg;ajgra;jg;jreg;iaejgkanfg;aljfg;klaj;lkewgrge

“hey what’s up?”
“pugging cm…. ugh….”
“HEY LETS FORM A CM GUILD GROUP, WANNA COME????”
“can’t just leave in the middle of a run ._.”

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

The worst thing is when you get a guy from sp\de\fr server who doesn’t speak english at all AND doesn’t know the dungeon. It’s just … ugh. I try to use lfg site instead, cause it tends to bring better results.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

I don’t expect LFG results to stay as bad as they are now. Eventually people will learn what is up with dungeons and it won’t be so painful to pug.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

Never

Again

“hey what’s up?”
“pugging cm…. ugh….”

you had your chance

and you missed p3 also

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

I don’t expect LFG results to stay as bad as they are now. Eventually people will learn what is up with dungeons and it won’t be so painful to pug.

LFG.com has been around for what, 8 months? And the pugs from there are still pathetic if your baseline for measurement is anything above “barely competent”. Now there’s an entire new population of pugs trying to get into dungeons without knowing fact #1 about how the game really works. I don’t expect it to be any different until 2015.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Wukunlin.8461

Never

Again

“hey what’s up?”
“pugging cm…. ugh….”

you had your chance

and you missed p3 also

It’s just that every time someone in a pug group just leaves without saying anything I just get really annoyed and I can’t bring myself to do the exact same thing.

Oceanic [LOD]

(edited by Wukunlin.8461)

colesy.8490

When it comes between running with average PUG and a smooth run with guys I know … well I just tell the PUG I have to go.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

My experiences with the new lfg tool hasn’t been positive, some of it has been similar to OP. if you don’t know the dungeon don’t act like you do and refuse to listen.

I had a CoFp2 run the other day full of 3 thieves and 2 warriors. Couldn’t get past the defend the dude while he plants explosives part because everyone but me kept wiping. The part isn’t hard at all. Eventually they blamed the classes and asked me to switch from my thief to my ranger. Out of everybody in the group the one who actually knew how to play his class needed to switch and not one of the people failing?

I just said GL and left. That’s not even nothing compared to my other runs using that tool.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You need to explain how to play their classes, don’t be a filthy elitist.

Posted by: Trish.2187

Trish.2187

OP i honestly do not see what your asking as a bad thing least your giving some one a chance to learn.

What i do have problems with is random peolpe kicking others with out saying anything like the person is not human.

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

I only use the LFG tool if i have atleast two friends/guildies with me, makes carrying pugs a lot easier if they mess up the run.

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

OP i honestly do not see what your asking as a bad thing least your giving some one a chance to learn.

What i do have problems with is random peolpe kicking others with out saying anything like the person is not human.

Im guilty of that a few times. But you have to understand that many people join groups without reading the lfg note and then wonder why they were kicked. Ask for experienced with dps and get some lvl 50 with 500 AP about 5 times in a row. You can surely understand why we get fed up with explaining each time why we are kicking them.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

My experiences with the new lfg tool hasn’t been positive, some of it has been similar to OP. if you don’t know the dungeon don’t act like you do and refuse to listen.

I had a CoFp2 run the other day full of 3 thieves and 2 warriors. Couldn’t get past the defend the dude while he plants explosives part because everyone but me kept wiping. The part isn’t hard at all. Eventually they blamed the classes and asked me to switch from my thief to my ranger. Out of everybody in the group the one who actually knew how to play his class needed to switch and not one of the people failing?

I just said GL and left. That’s not even nothing compared to my other runs using that tool.

Had a similar experience with a LFG PUG last night running COF P2.

2 guys were constantly getting downed, 1 guy wanted to stand on a ledge and watch the rest of us while he ‘called out the target’ even though he never did, and I was always watching the fourth guy running out of the room instead of just kiting the mobs.

Had a SE P1 LFG PUG run with a guardian that didn’t even bother to have any reflects equipped.

I’ve had MUCH better luck historically with gw2lfg.com than I have with the LFG tool.

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

LFG.com has been around for what, 8 months? And the pugs from there are still pathetic if your baseline for measurement is anything above “barely competent”. Now there’s an entire new population of pugs trying to get into dungeons without knowing fact #1 about how the game really works. I don’t expect it to be any different until 2015.

The LFG tool, however, is really new. Personally I’ve found the pugs from gw2lfg more than satisfactory for awhile: most of the random groups I join run berserker, stack for buffs, and dodge enemy attacks just fine while using area appropriate skills like reflects and blinds. Of course these new guys don’t do that, but it’ll probably be just a few months before they catch on.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Berner.7289

Berner.7289

Maybe the lfg tool made it marginally easier for newcomers to join and somehow some of them don’t think its necessary to sound off and ignore advice. But in time, it should level out as ppl who currently enjoy dungeons should continue to do so.

I came to post exactly this. Indeed, I think the tool is exposing a vast range of new players to dungeons, who previously only did other content. This is a good thing. But there’s going to be a painful period while a lot of folks learn what experienced dungeon runners already know. Give it time — In short order, the population of players who regularly or periodically run dungeons is going be vastly increased.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I’ve had my share of trash pugs using ingame LFG. However, I have had some fairly decent pugs (did multiple dungeons with them), and I have had one or two pretty good pug COE runs.

it might just be me but the groups that ask for high melee DPS tend to be better.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I’ve had my share of trash pugs using ingame LFG. However, I have had some fairly decent pugs (did multiple dungeons with them), and I have had one or two pretty good pug COE runs.

it might just be me but the groups that ask for high melee DPS tend to be better.

We put that requirement on and got multiple newbies with 1000AP or less joining without reading the message. So we stopped using the tool.

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

I have to agree with OP. I agree completely with the intension of search tool. However, dungeon were empty lately except for: people who know the dungeon/want it hard. Now suddenly out of nowhere all the casuals SUDDENLY have major interest in every dungeon again. AP average per party members, went downhill from 6k to 2k.

Am i against casual players? no. Am I againt learning new players what to do in the overpowered ice ele fractals? no. Am I against the fact i lost 3x, 1 hour in a row due to dredge fracs and people who don’t wanna change behavior: YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! 30 silver armor repair, no rewards, and 4 hours lost, to get nothign (not even single frac token). This is not what i want Anet. And if you fully enroll the tool to everyone it’s gonna be crazy as hell to find a ‘non noob’ party. I have all respect for noobs, but let’s face it dredge fracs is to hard for many players in gw2, who will try to be carried now by the search tool. And this is not ok. People who know how to do him, should not be punished, especially after trying to carry a ‘newbies’ team.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

Posted by: Isende.2607

Isende.2607

just a note here, bumping this. just got done running a fractal, then an ac story mode to help out. went to lfg a third group, and suddenly i’ve got the sin cd. um, we completed both runs. wanna inform me how/why this happened?

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

for dungeon if you have a friend run mesmer and guard and let the rest run zerker war, the averege off war are much better then the averege off the mesmer and the guard and their job is just damage, for fractal idk i just run it with other 3 friend min

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Akeem.3271

Akeem.3271

queuing up for raids and fractals would be better than LFG tool where we can get put with players that there gear and exp are on the same LVL or next to your or what you may need for running raids or dungeons A lot of mmo’s have this in place and it works GW2 needs to take a look at this.

Posted by: Stinson.5972

Stinson.5972

Okay, I apparently commented a month ago skeptical that anything had changed. How wrong, wrong, wrong I have been. I can’t believe people are queuing for fractals with this thing. Masochistic much?