Legendary Armor Backpiece Attach Point

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

i prefer the floating. [Thing is, could the placement point for at least the backpieces be closer to the chest? And maybe that of 1 handed weapon like shields be a bit higher an closer? While 2 hander (L/S bows, hammers, gs, staves is placed in a diff angle to not hit with the buttcape? or just be further placed from the chest piece].

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: Yuna.3512

Yuna.3512

I would prefer some level of clipping.

Thanks for asking us!

zealex.9410

Paul i think you would like to see this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGzT0hclmNQ
idk this might help you fix it maybe?

Posted by: Nep Leet.5491

Nep Leet.5491

You Live, You Learn
You Die, You Learn Faster

Posted by: Lunateric.3708

Lunateric.3708

I would prefer some level of clipping or a way to set the armor always in combat/always stowed.

zealex.9410

I would prefer some level of clipping or a way to set the armor always in combat/always stowed.

its not a matter of it being in combat or not some weapon just clip through the armor regardless

Posted by: White Hunter.3416

White Hunter.3416

I would prefer some level of clipping

Posted by: Sasuke.2573

Sasuke.2573

I prefer floating

Also please dont change the point where the weapons are attached to, since this is perfect atm. I especially love the new angle of the greatsword at asura light armor. Looks so much better then the old, steeper angle where the greatsword often used to clip into the ground.

(edited by Sasuke.2573)

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Currently the back piece and shield are just way too far away from the character back.
I think there is definitely room for them be be moved closer w/o too much clipping.

To be honest, I am not too much of a fan of the big monster skull at back design either. This is bringing in more trouble than good. Not sure if it is still possibility at the moment to reduce the size of that skull.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

zealex.9410

I prefer small decrease in the distance for 1 hand weapon that go in your back and the backpieces maybe. I prefer the current angle and position that the 2 handed weapons have tho

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: Nuchire.2074

Nuchire.2074

Clipping can be frustrating at times, but having backpieces float away so that no skin looks right is worse. I would much rather spend the time finding a skin that doesn’t clip.

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

I would prefer clipping.
It’s not like clipping would be anything new to this game.

Posted by: alia.8349

alia.8349

As an alternative suggestion, I propose just removing the hideous skull from the back of legendary light armor and having the same backpiece hover distance as any other armor.

I’m not sure why this is even a thing, considering how much dev time went into legendary armor.

Posted by: aries.6548

aries.6548

I prefer floating over clipping.

On the light armor Nevermore finally doesnt clipp into the legendary fractal backpiece anymore, which was the reason i went for bifrost and not the raven staff

Posted by: Adrift.8596

Adrift.8596

NO TO BOTH fix the core problem. Making us choose 1 less wrong out of 2 bad decisions won’t make us happy. Make a dynamic point. Make MORE ajustable things. Legendary armor highlighted the huge engine or core development problem which needs to get fixed for the game to move forward.

Next, I rly dont want to punch myself in a face with shoulder all the time, but thats kinda the facepalm i get when i see how much clipping passed testing… asura toes, human back when running etc etc… Please finish the half finished product. btw human female legs clip with human female legs when whielding 1-handed weps, how did that passed testing is beyond me.

Attachments:

Posted by: ehajgbo.1342

ehajgbo.1342

I would vote for implementing a slider for this in the settings. This way it would be customizable. So basically the slider would alter where the attach point is.
The slider should be character based as different characters might need different slider settings.

I dont think that choosing between clipping and floating would be the right way to address this issue.

Posted by: Teulius.8752

Teulius.8752

I preffer floating

I was positively surprised when I saw that my shield and backpiece doesn’t clip and I’d preffer it stays that way.

Posted by: creepyXtina.2560

creepyXtina.2560

I would prefer some level of clipping!

The floating backpiece or shield looks surreal, especially the shield!
I’d love to have some middle thing, not too close and not too far. At the moment it’s way too far.

Posted by: knyy.6427

knyy.6427

By far some clipping. Floating just looks silly!

Posted by: Andulias.9516

Andulias.9516

I would prefer clipping.

Can the angle of the anchor point be angled slightly to avoid clipping as much as possible though? Like you did for the one-handed weapons Also, please fix the boob enlargement on sylvari!

Lastly, I would like to point out how profoundly disappointed I am that such a lesser of two evils choice has to be made at all after an year and a half of development. This is not the level of quality I expect from you guys.

(edited by Andulias.9516)

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

What would you prefer to see – floating back-pieces or some level of clipping with the armor?

Floating backpiece. No clipping for me, thank you very much. The theme of the light armor is magical, so a floating backpiece kind of fits thematically. Clipping just breaks immersion, period.

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’d much prefer clipping. It’s a natural part of the game, nothing can be done about it. I have no idea why devs spend so much time and effort trying to prevent it, there’s just no way to avoid it. Meanwhile, the hovering effect makes it look terrible, stupid and way more immersion-killing than any form of clipping ever would.

Posted by: Icdan Sevaen.4628

Icdan Sevaen.4628

Thanks for the great stuff. <3

(edited by Icdan Sevaen.4628)

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

I prefer clipping over floating

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Posted by: SerJ.8726

SerJ.8726

I prefer clipping

Posted by: emma.5967

emma.5967

Posted by: kyrmana.5679

kyrmana.5679

I actually like how it’s floating atm

Posted by: Harfang.2317

Harfang.2317

I would prefer some level of clipping if you would get rid of the horn on the back, it clips with most hairstyles aswell. I think the clipping would be minimalistic without the horn.

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Chest & Backpack: I would prefer some level of clipping.

Most back pieces are rather “disabled” than anything else right now. A floating backpack is no option for many players, yet a clipping one at least gives you the choice to make if it’s ok or not for your outfit.

Gloves & Shields: I would prefer some level of clipping.

Will this also be adressed to the issue with shields and the gloves? Because it looks so extremly stupid to have a hovering shield 1/4th “asura length” next to you instead of actually wearing it… :|

The utmost perfect fix would be that one glove (left) would not expand if you wear a shield. But I believe this is too much asked. Regardless, I’d rather have some clipping issues here too, rather than a floaty…

Thanks for the communication, when will you let us know the final decision?

(Votes at this point: Clipping (40) | Floating (19))

Attachments:

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

Posted by: Mahdoton.2381

Mahdoton.2381

The floating is really noticeable when wearing The Ascension with light armor set, Ad Infinitum looks much better since its supposed to be floaty anyways.

(edited by Mahdoton.2381)

Posted by: BoyC.2653

BoyC.2653

Posted by: Vjasal.6315

Vjasal.6315

Could you also think about changing the shield attach point to the legendary gloves?
It looks ridiculus right now
http://imgur.com/a/8vJ8k

Posted by: Ele Lady.6103

Ele Lady.6103

I would prefer clipping

I am wearing feather wing backpack paired with my light legendary armor, and the backpiece could be moved a little closer without much clipping issues.

Posted by: RealCheesus.8563

RealCheesus.8563

I prefer some clipping too,

But I agree with some others that the best fix for me would be to remove the horn.
In my opinion it looks better without it.

Posted by: Tasyrna.9847

Tasyrna.9847

I would prefer floating backpieces

I can see how the float might look awkward with some backpieces, but it looks gorgeous with others – in particular, the Crystalline Dragon Wings. I don’t want my armor to start looking less good and also clip with more things.

Posted by: Caro.2730

Caro.2730

I would prefer clipping.

zealex.9410

Chest & Backpack: I would prefer some level of clipping.

Most back pieces are rather “disabled” than anything else right now. A floating backpack is no option for many players, yet a clipping one at least gives you the choice to make if it’s ok or not for your outfit.

Gloves & Shields: I would prefer some level of clipping.

Will this also be adressed to the issue with shields and the gloves? Because it looks so extremly stupid to have a hovering shield 1/4th “asura length” next to you instead of actually wearing it… :|

The utmost perfect fix would be that one glove (left) would not expand if you wear a shield. But I believe this is too much asked. Regardless, I’d rather have some clipping issues here too, rather than a floaty…

Thanks for the communication, when will you let us know the final decision?

(Votes at this point: Clipping (40) | Floating (19))

is there any way actually we can have the crystals on the shield hand dissapear when you use a shield? Idk its a wierd thing toa sk but this is legendary armor so it kinda diserves more option into it

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I prefer clipping over floating

But to be quite honest, I would just remove the horn from the back of light armor – problem solved.

+1 for light armor issues

Can’t say I notice the clipping on some of my backpieces because they are floaty in nature, but it was super obvious to see the floating issue on things like shields. The horn on the back just makes things really awkward not only with back stowed equipment, but also does horrors for certain hairstyles. Silly, I know, but that’s just my two copper on the whole thing.

Posted by: Aelirenn.2175

Aelirenn.2175

I prefer clipping.

Posted by: LucianTheAngelic.7054

LucianTheAngelic.7054

I would prefer clipping ONLY on Light Armor. The Heavy Armor looks fine as is.

I see this as an armor specific issue, not a global problem for all of the sets.

I can’t speak for the medium armor as I have not made it or seen it much in game yet. The light armor definitely needs a closer attach point though.

The heavy looks perfect for me and I don’t see any floating issues with it; It looks attached. A closer attach point on heavy could cause issues and it wouldn’t be fixing any sort of issue with that set.

Posted by: quagganzilla.6450

quagganzilla.6450

I prefer floating

Xyonon.3987

(Votes at this point: Clipping (47) | Floating (21))

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

Posted by: DBZVelena.5186

DBZVelena.5186

Considering some back pieces are wings, if those float it looks really weird. Yes some other back pieces floating would be ok. but i get the impression that there isn’t an option to evaluate this per back piece skin. But for skins that should look like they’re part of the body, like the wings, or the vinegrowth. Those should not loat ever! they are skins that you either bought with money (wings) or put a lot of time and effort in making (vinegrowth) and they should look like they are awsome. Same goes for backpack like skins. Most of those are again gem shop skins. Having them float would defeat the purpoce of buying a backpack like skin in the first place.

Proud Medic of the Splinter Warband. PM me to know more.

Posted by: WatcherJason.2678

WatcherJason.2678

I would prefer clipping. Making 90% of backs in the game unusable doesn’t seem like a smart plan.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I would prefer some level of clipping. (on the Backpieces, NOT IN ASURAN TOES)

I choose this only because you aren’t offering us a better alternative. IMO, at minimum, the distance between backpieces and character model should be adjusted in a case to case basis. Some backpieces look good floating, some don’t make sense. This should be the minimum.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Crimsun.7620

Crimsun.7620

I prefer some clipping

Posted by: Like A Kitty.8092

Like A Kitty.8092

I prefer clipping over floating.

But as already mentioned I agree that you could just remove the horn from the back of the light armor.
I’m also quite disappointed that voting between clipping and floating is the best solution you can come up with, considering how much development time went into this armor.

zealex.9410

tbh why does the light have the bone in the first place? I mean th male on doesnt so…

Xyonon.3987

(Votes at this point: Clipping (52) | Floating (21))

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

I would prefer floating backpieces.

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant