Let's Skip Skipping

Let's Skip Skipping

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Hello,

As this thread as derailed with off-topic and inflammatory comments, it has been moderated heavily.

Please note that any further off-topic and/or inflammatory comment, may result in this thread being locked.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you very much for your hard work keeping our forums safe and clean for the dungeon community. Without you, we would be lost.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Brazil, you might get an infraction for that post because you are saying what mods are doing.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

^

Watch out you might get an infraction for saying that aswell dub.

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I also agree with OP.
I also believe that some mobs have more life than they should!

A-net should balance the dungeons to be faster, while putting some mechanic that doesn’t allow skipping.

In WoW, when you are in dungeon, the mobs won’t stop chasing you unless you leave the dungeon or kill them! Just tossing that idea into the table…

…and don’t be toxic!

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

What about killing trash mobs will teach people how to play better? Be careful what you wish for, you might discover that you yourself are one of the people who don’t know as much as you think you do about how to play.

Nothing currently… but if they had some designers who took full advantage of the scripting available to them, it could make a huge difference. (without hard gating everything). Too bad that’s never going to happen.

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

Kinda skimmed through all those replies. And I mean I’m not just talking about gw2lfg. A lot of the times anymore, I don’t even use gw2lfg. A couple days ago in LA I saw someone asking for help with hotw path 1, which is not a difficult or long path. Yet the group insisted on skipping EVERYTHING. Standing behind stairs to fight normal mobs that I could have solo’d without the stairs. It was just completely unnecessary. And when I commented on it and asked if we were actually going to fight anything, I was told that I had been doing the dungeon “wrong” because I don’t normally skip everything.

Now whether you like skipping and exploits or not, there is nothing “wrong” about doing dungeons without them. And for the record, I understand sometimes when people skip one or two fights simply because they’re just a waste of time and unnecessary to the dungeon. I don’t mind that, really. But I don’t see the point to skip everything that you possibly can, especially in dungeons that are already quick and easy.

I suppose different people have different motivations for dungeons, though. Your motivation may be simply to get to the end with as little pain and work as possible so you can pick up your money and loot. However, despite these posts that dungeons get “old and boring”, some people actually DO still enjoy doing them just cause. I mean of course a dungeon would be more fun for me if it were new, and not one I’ve done a hundred times before. But that doesn’t mean I can’t still decide to go do a dungeon because I just feel like being in that sort of situation with a challenge, rather than say running around open-world pve. And maybe sometimes if I’m working on an alt, I really want to test out how well that character can operate in a dungeon, rather than just running through and then standing in corners and eliminating all need for any actual skill.

I would love to see Anet introduce more dungeons, which I’m sure they will do in time. However atm, I’ve got to say Fractals is probably my favorite since it’s always a different experience and you can do higher levels to make it more challenging. But..of course even in fractals, people sit there and reroll until they start with an easy fractal. People use all sorts of jumping, portaling, etc exploits to avoid that first part of the dredge fractal. And just..why? Is it really that difficult or time-consuming to open the gates? And for you people saying “please post in your lfg if you don’t skip” I agree with this, but I’d also say that it goes both ways. If you intend on skipping excessively or using all sorts of crazy exploits, post that as well. Because a lot of parties I’ve had really honestly, don’t do that. Maybe a little skipping..maybe a small trick here or there, but it’s normally not the “let’s run past everything until we get to the boss” or “let’s all jump around all over everything, portal here, portal there, blah blah blah”. And I hate getting into a dungeon or fractal and seeing people do that because then I’m just like “Oh god now I either have to skip/exploit past parts of a dungeon I ENJOY or leave this group.” In my experience, asking those people if we could do it normally does NOT work.

So in all honesty, if you guys want to do that stuff..whatever. It seems a little sad and like a waste of a good game to me, but your choice. But yeah maybe we should all start saying whether we skip/exploit or not when we join parties, and please don’t tell me I’m wrong because I don’t want to skip and cheat my way through a dungeon.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Let's Skip Skipping

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’ve got to say Fractals is probably my favorite since it’s always a different experience and you can do higher levels to make it more challenging.

Do you even Fract, bro?

Brazil

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: Genavelle.9516

Genavelle.9516

I’ve got to say Fractals is probably my favorite since it’s always a different experience and you can do higher levels to make it more challenging.

Do you even Fract, bro?

Yes..? I have been doing Fractals since before you could skip levels and had people doing lv 10 without any fractal experience at all.

Unfortunately I am only on level 19 myself, but that’s just because a lot of my friends/guildies are lower levels and I spend time helping them. I have done way, way, way more than 19 fractals though. And I have done fractals over level 19.

I am a WvW player.
Maguuma Server
Ranger and Necromancer.

Let's Skip Skipping

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Do you even Fract, bro?

Yes..? I have been doing Fractals since before you could skip levels and had people doing lv 10 without any fractal experience at all.

Unfortunately I am only on level 19 myself, but that’s just because a lot of my friends/guildies are lower levels and I spend time helping them. I have done way, way, way more than 19 fractals though. And I have done fractals over level 19.

So you are still in the stage where there is no challenge involved. I guess you haven’t seen the Underground Facility past level 40?

Brazil

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Do you even Fract, bro?

Unfortunately I am only on level 19 myself

He doesn’t fract, bro.

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Hello,

As this thread as derailed with off-topic and inflammatory comments, it has been moderated heavily.

Please note that any further off-topic and/or inflammatory comment, may result in this thread being locked.

Thank you for your understanding.

Thank you very much for your hard work keeping our forums safe and clean for the dungeon community. Without you, we would be lost.

Obaby yes, I love some heavy moderation.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Do you even Fract, bro?

Unfortunately I am only on level 19 myself

He doesn’t fract, bro.

I know for a fract that this guy doesn’t fract.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Let's Skip Skipping

Posted by: Moderator.3406

Moderator.3406

Due to the inflammatory tone of this thread, it will now be closed. Please keep in mind that if you want to discuss issues on our forums, you have to do it in a constructive way.