Let's yell at dragonite ore

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TKiller.6829

TKiller.6829

World bosses/WvW are the only means of acquiring dragonite

Also iirc guild challenges and Scarlet’s invasions.

But yeah much more limited compared to other two materials.

Defeated by packet loss.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

World bosses/WvW are the only means of acquiring dragonite

Also iirc guild challenges and Scarlet’s invasions.

But yeah much more limited compared to other two materials.

You’re right, although even here it seems there are fewer options to obtain dragonite. There are 4 guild challenges which reward dragonite, and 3 puzzles and 6 rushes for empyreal fragments.

Nova [rT]

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

I’m not sure if i missed it somewhere along the line but in another thread there was the proposal of a trade in option for dungeon tokens and/or fractal relics for dragonite ore. Even with a subpar conversion rate, that should solve at least some of the problem.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

i really don’t think this is worth complaining about. dragonite ore is easy, doesn’t take long to get if you use the right timer site and save your daily guests for this purpose.

(edited by rozcinana.7249)

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

i really don’t think this is worth complaining about. dragonite ore is easy, doesn’t take long to get if you use the right timer site and save your daily guests for this purpose.

It’s not about the difficulty, It’s the limited content providing dragonite ore.
Personally, I have no problem doing the open world meta events to get it (the fastest way imho).
But I understand the hardcore dungeon crowd who really dislike that part of the game.
Same goes for WvW-players. In WvW you can obtain dragonite ore, but the amount you get is ridiculously small given you need 500 for a single weapon or chest piece of armor for example.
It’s about playing the part of the game you like, not about difficulty.

One of the places where ascended gear really is necessary unlees you want to blow a shipload of gold is fractals. there’s absolutely no way to earn dragonite ore via fractals.

And yes, I’m aware that the opposite is also true. Empyreal fragments are hard to collect for people who dislike dungeons and fractals. Technically it’s the same problem there.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

You know what is the only challenge about dragonite ore? It is going on gw2stuff to find where is the next event.

Sometimes it feels like gw2 is a browser-based game.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

I’m yelling at it ‘cause my server is inactive during the day and super active at night (daily reset time, which happens when I’m in bed). I just cannot get enough of it to finish the last 3 pieces of my ascended armor.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Tricolor chest is basically a conversion of 1 g → 20 dragonite. Plus the rates you get actually make up for the 1 g fairly quickly either in ectos or on the TP.

rozcinana.7249

It’s not about the difficulty, It’s the limited content providing dragonite ore.
Personally, I have no problem doing the open world meta events to get it (the fastest way imho).
But I understand the hardcore dungeon crowd who really dislike that part of the game.
Same goes for WvW-players. In WvW you can obtain dragonite ore, but the amount you get is ridiculously small given you need 500 for a single weapon or chest piece of armor for example.

One of the places where ascended gear really is necessary unlees you want to blow a shipload of gold is fractals. there’s absolutely no way to earn dragonite ore via fractals.

And yes, I’m aware that the opposite is also true. Empyreal fragments are hard to collect for people who dislike dungeons and fractals. Technically it’s the same problem there.

I prefer to spend my time in dungeons or fractals but I make time here and there to run a few world events to get my dragonite. In my opinion it’s just not that big of a deal since these events are fast and easy to do, and you can find events with great accuracy in quick succession using gw2stuff. Also you get free rares and other loot to salvage for MF. There are other things way more irritating about this game, haha.

rozcinana.7249

I’m yelling at it ‘cause my server is inactive during the day and super active at night (daily reset time, which happens when I’m in bed). I just cannot get enough of it to finish the last 3 pieces of my ascended armor.

I recommend to guest to a server that’s more active during your play time for these events. There must be at least one?

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I prefer to spend my time in dungeons or fractals but I make time here and there to run a few world events to get my dragonite. In my opinion it’s just not that big of a deal since these events are fast and easy to do, and you can find events with great accuracy in quick succession using gw2stuff. Also you get free rares and other loot to salvage for MF. There are other things way more irritating about this game, haha.

Irritating is subjective. I’m annoyed by dragonite ore as well. I don’t like having to watch a timer, then port in to kill uninteresting bosses. I wouldn’t mind building ascended gear at all if it weren’t for dragonite ore. I currently only have 3 ascended weapons because the grind for dragonite is so boring it’s hard for me to motivate myself to do it.

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

Hey i killed a boss.
Hey i killed the same boss again.
Hey i have to continue like this only 50 times to get 1 armor for 1 character.
Isnt that funny.
I love it.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hey i killed a boss.
Isnt that funny.
I love it.

Or you could, you know, kill more than just a single one?

There are atm 22 different mobs/events that drops Dragonite ore.
Not counting Guild Missions.
If you count Guild Missions there is 26 different events.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Hey i killed a boss.
Isnt that funny.
I love it.

Or you could, you know, kill more than just a single one?

There are atm 22 different mobs/events that drops Dragonite ore.
Not counting Guild Missions.
If you count Guild Missions there is 26 different events.

Yeah, it’d be nice if the majority of those didn’t give you less than 10 dragonite and guild missions being a once a week thing. Hardly anyone does Tequatl. Shatterer and Jormag are essentially a stationary structure, fun fun. That leaves the temple bosses, Balthazar being a rarity. At least the temples aren’t that bad, but I’d still rather not be forced to do them to progress in fractals.

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

Hey, i killed a boss.
Hey, i used a waypoint.
Hey, i killed a different boss.
Hey, i used a different waypoint.
Hey, depending on which boss i have killed i only have to kill 50-150 more bosses or events.
Hey, i can substract 1 from this number each week, if i do some guild missions.
Hey, lets guess what was involved in my guild mission.
Nono dont say it, let me guess… perhaps … a boss? Not sure..
Hey how do you know that.
Hey, thats funny.

Forever yours

rozcinana.7249

I totally agree about most bosses not giving enough ore to be worth it. The low level events should give a minimum of 10-15 rather than up to 5 or whatever it is. I usually do the temple events, myself.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Yeah, it’d be nice if the majority of those didn’t give you less than 10 dragonite and guild missions being a once a week thing. Hardly anyone does Tequatl. Shatterer and Jormag are essentially a stationary structure, fun fun. That leaves the temple bosses, Balthazar being a rarity. At least the temples aren’t that bad, but I’d still rather not be forced to do them to progress in fractals.

You technically don’t need a single piece of crafted Ascended gear in order to do lvl 50 Fractals though. Since you can basically level up the AR on the rings high enough to get the needed AR.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Teckos.1305

Teckos.1305

just make legendary mobs drop it and we will all be good.