Listening ->reactions->solution!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Painture.3924

Painture.3924

Dear Anet,

this is an attempt to communicate with you(Anet) and i hope to get some helpfull answers or to start a “initiative”.
It won’t hurt to get other opinions from the community too!

first off i want to introduce myself:

I am a dungeon-player, which means i run a lot of dungeons in organised groups but also with random people from the lfg-tool.
This means i will mostly talk about PvE or Dungeons (mostly) and i will state MY opinion and frustration about some things that are going on.
Some will now think: “Shut up! How is it frustrating to get fast money?”
well – i have to admit…it isnt bad to get fast money but it’s frustrating to see only 50-70% of the original dungeon-path/bosses used/killed

English is not my native language so please excuse my typings and bad/wrong wordings.

I want to address a problem i have with the handling of bug-reports (in dungeons).

Because i play since launch dungeons can be quite boring, thats why i often do duo’s or solo runs where i try to explore the map and find new technics to kill/avoid certain bosses.
That resulted in out-of-map glitches, bugged dungeons (no progress possible) skipped bosses, and so on.

I find it important to note that i do these not to speed things up but to have some fun trying things out! (It is a lot of fun to jump all around arah (on the ceiling and swimming under it,…)!
Mostly those adventures take longer than it would take if i did the dungeon the normal way…but they show me things that are exploitable and recently these things get exploited even by randoms with 1k AP (i know AP is not all there is)!

After 1 Year i startet to report them with the ingame “/bug” function (mainly because i got soo bored and hope for fixes).
A screenshot, which showed how/where this bug/exploit/skip starts was always added in this report.
Sadly none of these bugs were fixed! NONE!

As you can imagine it was frustrating to see that bugs that could easily be fixed (in my opinion) weren’t fixed but instead we got regular (exagerated) new bugs into existing dungeons.

After i realized this i made a forum post containing all exploits and bugs (in dungeons) that i knew off, without explaining how they worked.
This post got deleted and i got a warning because i were spreading ways to exploit.
The Dev/Moderator who told me so, also said i should report exploits to the following address “exploits@arena.net”
and 2 weeks later i did send my bug/exploit-collection to this email.

Sadly again…nothing was fixed after 4 weeks (bi-weekly updates) even though i included a video that demonstrated every bug and how it worked.
I said to myself that i was too impatient and waited 4 more weeks while still reporting bugs.

Nothing changed!

Aside from the fact that most of these bugs were now used many random-groups! (Because it shortens the time needed)

Thats why i messaged my community manager and he/she said i should still send those reports to “exploits@arena.net” but he/she would also forward them to the devs.

I guess a community manager is not the right person to direct such a list to but it was the only person i knew who speaks my language so i figured it would be easier to explain the exploits/bugs.

After repeating this 2-3 times i finaly saw first changes (after ~6 month after talking to the community manager):

namely:
Arah path 1 – The coral was fixed (in my opionion very badly and it wasnt a solution – its still exploitable)
Arah path 2 – the ship-skip (but it was not fixed good enough!)

My question is: WHY?

Why does it take so long to fix some bugs/exploits in dungeons?

Answers like

- it is not our top priority
or
- we will look into this
won’t help because nothing will change

Painture.3924

THats why i have some ideas how to improve this! (Though …. most of them won’t be used, if any, because of obvious reasons)

Idea 1:

Make a “adopt-a-dev” programm for dungeons. Ask the guilds/players to show bugs and exploits. This way you could see firsthand how big of an issue they are!

Idea 2:
Create a forum category that is called “Bugs/Exploits” where players could submit and see bugs/exploits.
This way you (Anet) would be “forced” to fix those bugs if you dont want them to be used.
If it gets fixed – say so in the thread and everyone can see what you have done and maybe can verify it!

Idea 3:
Create a Bug category in patchnotes where you list every bug you fixed. Not just skillbugs!
This way players will not be surprised if a boss suddenly has new skills (or uses them the first time).
The excuse: We want players to discover changes is “Bullkitten” everyone that has already done a dungeon expects certain things from it and it is very frustrating to see something change without notification
cough Malrona cough

Idea 4:
Ask players directly (for example players from Dnt or other known guilds or active players) to show you bugs/exploits so you can fix them.
I imagine most player even have ideas on how to fix certain encounters/bugs/exploits!

Idea 5:
divert some ressources away from LS – nobody wants Living story!
Sure it is nice to have a good story and the instances/encounters are good designed…but it is no repeatable content (Yes i know…it is repeatable but there is no need to do it!)
Instead give your “core-game” some love and show that you want to perfect it!

I know that this post will be viewed negativly by some players (because their ways get…attention) but i rather have fun in a dungeon than skipping past every boss just because he is not needed.
WvW, open world and PvP have probably similar problems but i dont play these game-modes too often, so i didnt talk about them!

I certainly hope that there will be some reaction from Anet and some sort of…initiative to extinct those bugs.

As the title already says: It is nice that you are listening to our problems but that is not enough! We need solutions!

Greetings
Painture

PS: Doing Arah story 1 time, does not count as “i already did dungeons with my community!”

PS1: Keep in mind that this is my opinion and the opinion of people i play with (mostly regularly)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

tl;dr, but wanted to let you know that you might want to edit this. Addressing ANet directly will get you nothing but an infraction and a deleted post.

Better to remove all direct references to them so you’ll just get ignored completely, rather than punished for trying to start a dialogue.

Posted by: Susuke.7512

Susuke.7512

I can understand what your main goal is with this post and agree that in my opinion too, the “main” game get to few attention. The bug fixing progress is to slow, otherwise I don’t know how big the staff is, which is working on GW2.

I`m playing since the pre-release and the betas and I can say, the living story is nice, but true its not enough to get me really excited over the time. I would like to see an addon. But thats an other story.

For so far, there are many things that need to get fixed, probably some bugs which are in the game for a long time (months!). Maybe there should be really a patch period of 2 maybe 4 weeks, where only bugs of the complete range(WvW, PvP, PvE, skill, etc) will be fixed. After that the main game can continue in a more proper way.

For the adressing of Anet directly I think I could say, that in my opinion the Mods will know that this is not a post to make a charge against someone. I rather think, this is just an unkonventionell way to get answers maybe to force a movement in this whole game sector and community conversation.

So, english isn`t my native language too, but I was able to understand this Post
Hope you understand mine!

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I can understand what your main goal is with this post and agree that in my opinion too, the “main” game get to few attention. The bug fixing progress is to slow, otherwise I don’t know how big the staff is, which is working on GW2.

I`m playing since the pre-release and the betas and I can say, the living story is nice, but true its not enough to get me really excited over the time. I would like to see an addon. But thats an other story.

For so far, there are many things that need to get fixed, probably some bugs which are in the game for a long time (months!). Maybe there should be really a patch period of 2 maybe 4 weeks, where only bugs of the complete range(WvW, PvP, PvE, skill, etc) will be fixed. After that the main game can continue in a more proper way.

For the adressing of Anet directly I think I could say, that in my opinion the Mods will know that this is not a post to make a charge against someone. I rather think, this is just an unkonventionell way to get answers maybe to force a movement in this whole game sector and community conversation.

So, english isn`t my native language too, but I was able to understand this Post
Hope you understand mine!

I’ll tell you a story about molten facility. Way back when people farmed this dungeon for that rare jetpack I invited a dev he was not reping Anet at the time and claimed he was on vacation (yeah sure :P 6 month vacation is normal). We went through the whole dungeon exploiting and glitching all the way (my and my friend were the only two who knew he was a dev). At the last boss when sat inside zerkers hit box and pretty much akitten the fight. Our dev buddy said something along the lines of wow this is really boring. The next day the bug was fixed and we could no longer stand inside the bosses hit box. The interesting thing? That dev was not responsible for bug fixes or dungeons.

Depending on the issue Anet can fix it super quickly, others take more time. Also Anet is super sensitive about their forums and give infractions for the silliest things.

Edit: apparently the past tense of afk is a naughty word… whaa?

The Sickest Guild NA

Painture.3924

I guess Anet doesnt really care about bugs and exploits…

Titel was edited -> Topic was moved -> Topic was ignored

… well thanks to all who have replied

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I guess Anet doesnt really care about bugs and exploits…

Titel was edited -> Topic was moved -> Topic was ignored

… well thanks to all who have replied

Sorry dude, Anet avoids this subforum like the plague. Gaile comes in here every couple of weeks to try (unsuccessfully) placate us, but they are actively ignoring us, and they will continue to do so.

(Gaile if you DO read this, what happened to you guys asking us what we would like to see/change? Those stickied posts? It’s been more than a few months iirc.)

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

I’m sure they’re actively planning on thinking about possibly reading those suggestions in the not too distant future.

Posted by: quaniesan.8497

quaniesan.8497

As you all know, the player base have taken their time to pour in suggestions over the past two years, pretty good suggestions for the most part. And over the years, the ‘fixes’ and ‘balancing" have been only trickling. The respones from Anet’s public relations personals have always been “Good ideas, thanks! it’s something we’ll take into our meeting discussions”. And months later, either nothing come out of it or it’s some fixes of things we never had problem with or even heard of.
…..and that lead me to this conclusion: In Anet’s philosophy, the so-called fixes and profession balancing is no longer only for the good of the players community and to perfect the games. It is being turned into something more of less of a treat dangled in front of our noses to keep us playing in a wishful hope that ’just maybe they will fix it the patch coming out next two months. It looks something like this:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loyj5jneRI1qlr140o1_500.gif

You know it’s true and Anet knows it too. Yes, the key ideas is " to keep them playing". One example being the promise of new legendaries back in 2012/2013 ish or the scaventure hunts….. and just how we laugh. Not a word , and the reminder posts are interestingly unanswered. Not supprisingly, the original base players droped over the years and they resorts to the NPE to get new players and make things harder for the vets to reroll. I do believe it is time Anet to change direction and respect the player base’s intelligence more.

If ya no longer see me after this post,
it means THEY got me for " neg criticism in clever disguise".
Know that it has been fun and I love ya all.

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Remember when you all got fooled by redposts back when you were asked for dungeon bug/suggestion threads?

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Yeah, I do. I was one of those that was telling everyone that ANet would listen.

I’ve learned my lesson.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Yeah, I do. I was one of those that was telling everyone that ANet would listen.

I’ve learned my lesson.

Ehh, it’s always worth the try, giving up all hope is no fun, but expecting anything will only lead to further disappointment. I mean what else are you going to do? read pointless thread about how zerker meta is killing the game? Better to post some suggestions on how to improve things.

Painture.3924

Well – iknow that we are more or less ignored but isn’t there a way to get their attention? To kind of force them to react?

Because of the rules we can’t write about exploits openly or i would have suggested to bomb this forum with single-bug-threads

Do you guys have any idea?

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Well – iknow that we are more or less ignored but isn’t there a way to get their attention? To kind of force them to react?

Because of the rules we can’t write about exploits openly or i would have suggested to bomb this forum with single-bug-threads

Send them cupcakes.

Posted by: Boro.7359

Boro.7359

Images of Chkkr Locust Lord should be buggy enough

But seriously, maybe writing in a way so it doesn’t openly state it’s an exploit? (I haven’t been a regular so I’m not familiar with the policies)

Other than that… no. I’m not bashing Arenanet again, especially after what they did with the leveling rewards things (which I both dislike and strangely enjoy at the same time)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I’m pretty sure they listen but that doesn’t mean they would do anything about it. We are a minority here. Why would they waste their time only to improve our gameplay?

They have already tried to please us and the masses at the same time. We got fractals and we got fractured. How great that actually went? I’m pretty sure they see that as a waste of time.

Dungeons and fractals only get updated if they are really confident that they get popular. In other words, every bearbow, cleric staff guard and rifle warrior must be able to enjoy the content. How great that content will be then?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)