Losing the will

Losing the will

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

I was going to make a big message explaining how I am disappointed and loosing interest in this game, but I don’t even have the motivation for this.

I do not have the will to connect for more than an hour anymore. I want to play ele, but the class is not delivering, and dev comments on its future frighten me. I want to play fractals but it is very hard to find a group with like-minded individuals. I want to do the Ascension Challenges but it is even harder to find people interested. I want to do dungeon runs, but I hate playing just for the rewards, so the amount of mechanics abuse disgust me. I used to want to train to get better, but now I am wondering what for? The top players I yearned to join seem to have all lost interest in the game. And no, destroying the same spore thing 25 times to get a text line telling me I am good does not amuse me.

I am posting in this sub-forum because this is where I can meet people sharing my mentality. This game could be so great, and waiting for it do achieve what it could be is a bitter hope. How are you coping with your frustration?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Losing the will

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

By making legendaries. Nothing else to do :/

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Losing the will

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

if i wasn’t playing with close friends i would probably be out by now. that’s mostly what’s keeping me in the game.

I used to dabble in wvw but recently they started attaching achievement points to that and just adding updates to it that i don’t care about.

Losing the will

Zelyhn.8069

All my close friends have left the game after one month of playing. I was the most hopeful so I stayed, I had fun for a while, but now it’s getting really difficult.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Losing the will

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

My “fun” comes from stomping nubs in PvP , the other pve content it’s because i’m forced to do it to get money and some crap like that . Otherwise i agree, the pve side of the game is beyond boring , even if I play Warrior mainly , kinda bored of just spamming 11 in a corner . The Gw2 PvE is crap , that’s sure . Try to not do only PvE or you will quit sooner than you think.

Losing the will

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I have a great guild I play with. in addition to doing dungeons we do lots of random kitten which makes this game that much more enjoyable for me.

Losing the will

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

are you logging in every day or just when ever? I’d say take a week off play some different games or get out of the house if you can. If you’re already taking weeks off and its not working out for then i’d say pick up something else for a while and revisit maybe a month later at the least.

That is one the the attractive factors about this game no monthly subscription so if you go on a 3 month hiatus you’re not wasting money. NCsoft wants players to log in every day and spend gems or at least every week hence the 25 spore hunt but that’s temporary content for temporary players. I’m not so certain they are interested in long term players at this time. That’s my take on it anyway.

When their player base dwindles down because the temp players have gorged themselves on temp content we may actually start to see real improvements or expansions in this game but that could take a while so a hiatus doesn’t sound so bad. They will probably do class balances and updates for years to come so ele may not be so great now but it could turn around later.

I think i understand what you’re saying to some extent, its like you want to be friends with this game because you’ve had some good times in the past but right now it’s being a jerk

Losing the will

a t s e.9614

Also I forgot to mention that without a trinity you can’t expect to have a decent Pve game . It’s just ridiculous , mobs have 3 billion hp and they are not doing anything , you just do an occasional dodge and continue to spam 111 . It’s really dumb in my opinion . And these dungeons are poorly designed , very tiny dungeons like a rat cage . Gw1 PvE was amazing though.

Losing the will

Posted by: Harrahou.4518

Harrahou.4518

yea buddy dont quit on me i am losin way to many people

R80 Multi Classer
Proud Owner of:
Oh Did That Just Happen [Mhmm]

Losing the will

swiftpaw.6397

Also forums were my fun but now I’ve been told to settle down and be a nice girl by the mods so that’s that :/

Losing the will

Posted by: Jon.3752

Jon.3752

Get a good guild and some cool friends and do whatever with them. That’s what keeps me logging on. Maybe start making a legendary if you have the gold for it. That’s a good motivator.

Dryten ~ [DnT] ~ Blackgate

Losing the will

Zelyhn.8069

Oh man I am so kittening tired of seeing people say Ele is bad. The class is not bad, you’re bad.

Yes I know I am so terrible
After 14 months of playing almost everyday and theorycrafting I still don’t understand my class, it is such a hard life!

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Losing the will

a t s e.9614

Zely , you could try to roll another profession to see what’s with dem . Warrior is alot of fun . Adrenaline Surging !

Losing the will

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I’d recommend running with forumers on here. I played with deSade, blessing nosferatu and spoj in EU and so far in NA I’ve played with harrahou, guanlongwucaii, durend, mosspit and I’ve probably missed a few. Dungeons are more fun and less tedious when you know that everyone knows what they’re doing which means you can chat away rather than getting frustrated at pugs doing things like ranging lupicus or failing p1/p4 skips. I know where you’re coming from, and seriously once you’ve played the game a few months it’s only having a regular group of friends to play with which makes it worth playing. Screw farming, I subjected myself to hours of arah today with double belka bug and even one player who suggested ranging in lupicus phase 4 (yes, phase FOUR) because it meant I could group with some guys I knew despite the random pugs just sucking. I’d still rather do that over the easy mode dungeon train even though I could have made like 25g.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Losing the will

Zelyhn.8069

Zely , you could try to roll another profession to see what’s with dem . Warrior is alot of fun . Adrenaline Surging !

But I don’t have the motivation to level-up anything …
It takes like half an hour to learn how to play warrior in PvE, yet I would have to play through 60 levels of content I have already done.

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Losing the will

a t s e.9614

Haha yea , warrior is pretty easy .Leveling is not really a problem since you can spam short paths and swap toons at the end . SE1\Cof1 . But I understand the boredom if you only have 1 toon .

Don’t quit the game before you tryed everything but if you are a 100% Pve player then y.u might need a guild cuz running with pugs can be frustrating .

Losing the will

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Normally I’d say “If you’re getting burned out maybe you should just take a break for a bit.” But, none of the problems you listed are the sort of thing you’d fix by stepping away. They’d still be there when you got back, you just might replenish your reserves to tolerate them better.

I do agree that this game has a real serious problem in that long-term goals incentivize people toward being boring little wet blankets instead of encouraging them to climb the skill curve or engage in upper level play. It kind of makes me wonder if gold-based goals were a mistake to add in the first place. Whatever the original concept may have been, endgame ended up being really at odds with their more skill-based combat system and sandbox-esque take.

I think it’s kind of minecraft-esque in that you need to be able to make a project for yourself, because the ones that are actually layed out before you (ascended/legendaries/achievements) really haven’t shaped up to be anything all that great.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Losing the will

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

Zelyhn, I think I know what you’re going through. Just like you did, I started playing Guild Wars with a few friends, who also happen to be the guys I play First Person Shooters with. We play pretty much every game together, and it has been really kitten me when they decided to take some holidays from the game.

At first I stayed alone on the game but it doesn’t help, you end up getting bored like they were, it’s just that it takes longer. So I decided to try and do the same thing as them and stopped Guild Wars 2 for a month. The result is that when I went back on the game they decided to come as well and we’re now having fun together just like in the old times.

If you don’t want to step out for a while, the other solution to create a form of interest would probably be to teach others. I mean, like taking them through difficult dungeons and explaining every nown mechanic or spending time speaking about builds is a good way to pass time.

I hope you get better, you’re one of the only known French people out there ! And your interventions on the forums were always very funny

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

Losing the will

Posted by: Strontius.6478

Strontius.6478

After finally soloing lupicus I feel like I don’t really have any PvE goals. I’ve already run every dungeon path to death and I don’t want to do it anymore. I want new hardcore dungeon content but evidently that is not a priority for ANet. Heck, if they even have a proper dungeon team at this point is unknown.

It’s also pretty demotivating that I only get some blues and greens for solo content, especially when new updates introduce nice skins in the gem store. Why are some of these not available by actually playing the game? The end game was supposed to be about horizontal progression. You’re simply not rewarded well enough for doing anything skillful in this game.

Idk what to tell you. I pretty much just log in to this game to socialize with my guild at this point. I don’t like the direction anet is taking, and unfortunately I don’t think anything will change in the near future.

Losing the will

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I’ve been playing less as well, and that trend will probably continue.

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Losing the will

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Find a group/guild of like minded people (they’re out there), I would have quit the game long ago if I hadn’t found the sense of community I’ve found in LoD.
I think I’ve said this somewhere before but one day TS went down for a few hours, and I actually logged off because I couldn’t keep myself entertained. How people PuG day in and day without a regular group of friends to run with and talk kitten with for hours at a time is absolutely beyond me.
Playing the same profession since launch doesn’t seem too healthy either to be honest. I think you’re stuck in the “this isn’t like my Ele therefore I don’t like it” rut. All professions are different albeit a little overwhelming at first when you’ve spent all your time on one profession.
But you already know the encounters, so you’re halfway there to being good at other professions by incorporating them into what you know.
I wouldn’t recommend Warrior if you like the fast pace of (Fresh Air) Elementalist. Of the three professions I play regularly (Warrior, Ele, Thief ~ learning Guard soon and Ranger after that) I would have to say Thief is the most fun and versatile thus far. But of course this is just me and others may disagree, but there’s my two cents.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Losing the will

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

dolan you missed out on a lot yesterday. we had fun bombing a TS and watching streams.

also you will never learn guard

Losing the will

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

guard is about the easiest class to learn besides warrior and less punishing. engy is fun too static discharge build alot of pewpewpewpew.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Losing the will

swiftpaw.6397

guard is about the easiest class to learn besides warrior and less punishing. engy is fun too static discharge build alot of pewpewpewpew.

If only that were true, according to most pugs using virtues and running actual dps builds on guards is too hard -_-

Losing the will

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Because it hasn’t been said and seems relevant: thanks for your theory crafting work with ele, zelhyn! My ele isn’t 80 yet so I haven’t been able to try your build, but your careful explanations and thoughtful writing have taught me a lo, and I’m excited to give it a shot. I hope you find a way to keep having fun!

Losing the will

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

If only that were true then most guardians won’t just be lesser warriors.

Losing the will

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

Either move to wvw/pvp, find yourself stuff to grind, get friends to ease the boredom, or quit for a while.
Simple as that, sadly.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Losing the will

Posted by: Captain Swag.5893

Captain Swag.5893

I’m losing the will as well. Stacking for bosses just isn’t fun, and because people are just bad, or lazy, it’s happening.

I hate people, sometimes.

Losing the will

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

One thing I really miss about Nikaido is that guy is as honest as hell. When he said he has enough of it, he just goes. He has as much emotional investment in this game as any one else but he also cuts the string real quick. If I go to France, I like to sit down and have a beer w/ him.
Tell you what, Zelyhn, dig down into the bottom to see what remains there. What do you play this game for?
Do you play the game for escape? Do you play the game to prove yourself? Do you play the game to look for a sense of belonging? Answer that for yourself, then you will find your way out.
I know exactly I would do if my family & relatives haven’t not joined me lately. I don’t play this game for escape. I don’t play this game for hard core challenge or to prove anything (not worth my time considered all the BS I have to put up w/ since released) and I definitely don’t play this game to belong. But I do enjoy certain people I’ve met along the way. Wonderful people indeed.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Losing the will

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

@Zelyhn: Sorry to hear about your current predicament. Although I don’t post in your ascension challenge project, I do actually read it and follow what’s going on that thread. No shame in taking a hiatus so that you can “recharge”. I took a 4month hiatus myself after getting burned out.

Personally, I am still find myself with a lot of room for improvement. And there are also mini challenges I created for myself or those that created between me and other individuals that really keep my interest going.

Losing the will

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

@Zelyhn, roll a mesmer! You’ll have a lot of fun with it

EDIT: If needed I can help you to level it by doing dungeons, you’ll just have to get to most of the dungeons maps (CoF / AC / TA / SE / HotW / CM). And if you have the game since start, you probably have something to make it lvl 20 instantly!

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

Losing the will

a t s e.9614

Don’t tell him to go PvP he plays an Ele , most useless\ free kill class . If you want a strong and complicated PvP class you should roll engineer .

Losing the will

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

^ I thought PVT D/D boon spamming was still pretty decent even after the nerfs? Granted this was like…. Last year’s flavour of the month.

YOU CANT STOP ME GUAN, I pugged CoE on Guardian today. All I can say is, mashing F1 needs to become a habit, oh and I Aegis carried my team through Three attempts at Destroyer.
Also the lack of self producing Fury is god awful, I felt like a PVT carebear without a Banner of Disc or Fury, I hate PuGs, why must people be so bad. It was the first time I had ever played Guardian outside personal story and it still felt like I contributed more than anyone else.
/sorryforthederail

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Losing the will

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Aww… I’m losing my ele buddy from across the pond I would invite you to join me over on the NA servers, but I know our play times rarely overlap.

I think a lot of us are feeling this kind of boredom and frustration, especially as our friends leave. Anet adds new content, but the only challenge in it is sitting through the cutscenes that can’t be skipped or finding all the bugs introduced by the newest patch. Take a break and go enjoy some other games until the Dec. 10 balance patch. Then check back to see what has happened to the ele and decide from there.

I’m usually indulging my altoholic tendencies these days, but I have been experimenting with 20/30/10/0/10 and 30/30/0/0/10 setups for some ele shenanigans. Really, variety is the spice of life… though leveling is pretty boring. Recently I’ve enjoyed mesmer and guardian almost as much as my ele, though previously I also liked thief, and ranger is a strong contender for something I’ll like once I’m bored with either mesmer or guard.

I follow the Ascension Challenge thread, and would get involved if the challenge actually sounded fun and interesting to me. I guess what sounds like fun to one person could be a chore to another… it would be hard to create a challenge that would appeal to everyone.

Losing the will

Anicetus.1253

I think a lot of us are feeling this kind of boredom and frustration, especially as our friends leave.

Just do it like me, forge all your money for LOTS OF PEARL STUFF!

Was actually fun and just 400g :P

Losing the will

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I think a lot of us are feeling this kind of boredom and frustration, especially as our friends leave.

Just do it like me, forge all your money for LOTS OF PEARL STUFF!

Was actually fun and just 400g :P

I bought 10 gemstore dyes last night. Got a bunch of common and uncommon dyes. Done with gambling for now

Losing the will

Anicetus.1253

Hehe, same for me. My last time went by far better with 2 precursors, although i tossed about ten times as much in as today.

Losing the will

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

2 precursors for approximately 3-4000g? Still sounds like you lost on that one.

Losing the will

Anicetus.1253

Obviously i did, lost about 3500g that time. Since dusk was cheap and energizer.. well

Losing the will

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

I was feeling like quitting the game, spent almost a month away and came back because there’s no other good MMO to play based on what I like doing (excluding MOBAs, can’t stop playing those)

And during a guild trek, a friend criticized me because I wasn’t able to help so much, map incomplete :/
So I decided that I had to complete the map. That done, and a lot of gold sitting on my inventory, I decided to go for a legendary

I don’t care for LS, it’s just getting boring, and people wants to zerg champions. So I’m just leveling other classes and getting money
Still got 3 classes to get to 80 and some other 2-3 months getting gold to finish my weapon, and leave the game for good if nothing else calls my attention (PvP is nice, but idk why, I can only play a few matches before getting tired of it)

Losing the will

Posted by: Wishmaster.7693

Wishmaster.7693

I was going to make a big message explaining how I am disappointed and loosing interest in this game, but I don’t even have the motivation for this.

I do not have the will to connect for more than an hour anymore. I want to play ele, but the class is not delivering, and dev comments on its future frighten me. I want to play fractals but it is very hard to find a group with like-minded individuals. I want to do the Ascension Challenges but it is even harder to find people interested. I want to do dungeon runs, but I hate playing just for the rewards, so the amount of mechanics abuse disgust me. I used to want to train to get better, but now I am wondering what for? The top players I yearned to join seem to have all lost interest in the game. And no, destroying the same spore thing 25 times to get a text line telling me I am good does not amuse me.

I am posting in this sub-forum because this is where I can meet people sharing my mentality. This game could be so great, and waiting for it do achieve what it could be is a bitter hope. How are you coping with your frustration?

It is just incredible for me at times to convince myself that I am playing a “Guild Wars” game.
Change is ok, but imo this whole game is more of a Ncsoft thing than an Arenanet thing. Why?

Well, In 7 Years I have played both Guild Wars 1 and Lineage 2 (respectively, Propechies\factions\nightfall\EoTN and Chronicle 4\Interlude —→ the others after were utter kitten) and loved how the 2 games played out.

Quite frankly, GW2 feels more like a fusion between the old GW and Lineage 2 to me, it’s incredibly numbnutting to me how could Arenanet scrap so much things that worked perfectly with the first game, how the community was connected with the istanced outposts and cities and how special it was to have your own team of heroes at your command, and the story? The rise of the Mursaat, the Vengeance of Shiro Tagachi, the Chaos of Abaddon, the menace of the Destroyer, just pure awesomeness.

7 years of joy and pride, everything was just beautiful, from the pve to the pvp, and when you were full of it, you could always jump into the awesome Alliance Battles! with a real-time continuous fight for predominance between the Kurzicks and the Luxons, you felt like you contribuited to something and the world was really breathing with life and adventure.

Guild Wars 2 —-→ kitten kitten Dregonzzzzzz OH MA GAWD POIROTES AND SCARLETZ, GUYZ FULL ZERK OR GTFO SPEED SPEED SPEED DPS DPS DPS OMG GET TO DA KEEP ZERG INTO THE LORD GO GO GO.

Seriously, if it wasn’t for my old friends I would have quitted this game long ago, and I DARE you arenanet, I dare you to add another tier of gear, I’ll assure you a Kittenload of playerbase will just migrate back to GW1, where things weren’t time-gated and you had the true freedom and enjoyment that a game should provide, not the second Job that Guild Wars 2 feels like because I HAVE TO log in because otherwise I won’t get stuff.

Losing the will

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

WHO the HELL still runs around rambling about how easy it is to play guardian. YES, maybe running 4 sigils and autoattacking in pvt armor, THAT is easy. Then you bring them in a dungeon and they’re terribads who can’t put down a good aegis or a reflect even if at gunpoint. Ghhhhhhhhhhhh.
Now, putting aside my rambling… I sure as hell know why I’m playing and it’s nothing to be proud of – /cough, so embarassing /cough, but you said your friends quit the game, right? Why don’t you try to make some more? That doesn’t guarantee you’ll be playing as much as before, but it could help a lot in making the, uh… the journey more pleasant; also, there’s a slim chance thing will change a little in the meantime. My friends help me a lot.
Play with us when we have a free slot! <3 happens someone isn’t online in the afternoon and I love to chat about random s__t anyway. I’m a kittenbag but the other guys are nice. Spoj is ugly, though.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Losing the will

Anicetus.1253

Spoj is ugly, though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Report Dis If U R A Forum White Knight

Losing the will

a t s e.9614

But but , it’s hard to make friends when you’re a scrumbag
Last time I tryed to make a friend , he logged out and never came back

Losing the will

swiftpaw.6397

Report Dis If U R A Forum White Knight

I want this as a signature. fml.

Losing the will

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Oh my god, look at that. The * before cough and the other one I used for censoring kitten… made kind of a colossal mess. I’ll leave it there for a minute as a reminder for all humankind then edit it…
That thing is awesome, anyway. I think I’ll add it to my signature…
Too long, can’t keep both. Fine.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Losing the will

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Don’t leave me alone Z.

Losing the will

Zelyhn.8069

Haha thank you all for your comments!

I am not going to let you down. You guys put some warmth in my stone-cold asuran heart. I am going to be less active for a while and I will try to get out of my accepted routine like you suggested. I will be around

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]

Losing the will

Posted by: Writetyper.1985

Writetyper.1985

There is nothing to do in this game

I can’t believe you’re all still maining PvE after 14 months.

What do you do, CoE over and over again? It’s clear that anet is only interested in casual zerg kitten in every living story, considering the best hard content we’ve gotten was taken away. That’s my message to you if you’re hanging on in desperation for good PvE stuff. The potential is there but it’s not going to go to use.

Mortryde/Cold/Thugmentalist Bara
really bad engineer

(edited by Writetyper.1985)

Losing the will

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

This game could be so great, and waiting for it do achieve what it could be is a bitter hope. How are you coping with your frustration?

I’ve went through that stage ever since Flame and Frost and I saw where the game was heading and the achievement → rewards made dailies feel like a chore whereas I preferred to chase APs when they are arbitrary. Just lose all hope and have zero expectations for the game and be pleasantly surprised when the few good changes happen.

And of course, embrace the casualness.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”