Mastery gates for raids?

Mastery gates for raids?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Littlekenny.4196

Littlekenny.4196

I don’t play the game any more (due to the story being gated by masteries and the huge decline in WvW population due to WvW players playing PvE) but I would like to know what masteries I will need to have to do the raids so I can decide if its worth farming for them before the raids are released.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

If you don’t play, why does it matter to you?

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Littlekenny.4196

Littlekenny.4196

If you don’t play, why does it matter to you?

Because I plan on coming back to the game to play raids

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I would suggest getting tier 1 or 2 in every mastery in Heart of Thorns, which in reality doesnt take to long if u have 2 3 hrs spare. Pop all boosters and look for “spider farm” in lfg, that will take u to a spot in verdant brink where spiders are farmed for fast exp. In the long run u want to max out gliding, and def have mushroom jumping. If Anet are creative i can see them implementing other current masteries, such as poison immunity, being able to use adrenal and speed mushrooms.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would actually like to see a definitive response from anet because I have heard feedback from testers that ley line gliding is required which has never been mooted.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

a while ago they talked in interviews about the masteries that you need. the information is out there.

for example:
http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/31/pax-prime-2015-guild-wars-2-is-never-getting-a-raid-finder/

or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8cgQ42bMQ

[qT] Quantify

(edited by NoTrigger.8396)

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t play the game any more (due to the story being gated by masteries and the huge decline in WvW population due to WvW players playing PvE) but I would like to know what masteries I will need to have to do the raids so I can decide if its worth farming for them before the raids are released.

Just wait until raids are released so that you actually know which masteries are required. It looks like Anet wants to keep the requirements as secret as possible in a desperate attempt to keep people grinding out masteries (in order to retain player population numbers).

Do you really want to grind out masteries that turn out to be unnecessary?

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

From the videos they released, levels 1 and 2 of gliding are necessary (and those are very easy to acquire, just spend an hour with an xp booster doing event trains in verdant brink) and I would wager that having level 1 itzel mastery for the shroom jump will be useful.

They announced that a new line of masteries (Rift Traveler I think it’s called) will become available with the launch of the 1st raid and I believe that will be extremely useful but not necessary. Their original statements were that you could do fine in raids without masteries as long as at least a few members had certain ones and that looks to be the case. Additionally, the bosses will drop items that give a large amount of experience (>10% of your current mastery bar) that will have doubled amounts of experience for whatever raid wing is the most current, so leveling masteries will become even faster.

Even so, grinding for masteries is really easy and people think about it the wrong way. Just do events like you normally would with exp boosters and a birthday gift booster on and they’ll level very quickly on their own.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Random.4691

Random.4691

I wonder if this will go down a lot like Elites did, couple days before raids Colin will appear and tell us “Oh btw you need to have masteries 100% complete to progress in raids”.

Mastery gates for raids?

morrolan.9608

a while ago they talked in interviews about the masteries that you need. the information is out there.

for example:
http://massivelyop.com/2015/08/31/pax-prime-2015-guild-wars-2-is-never-getting-a-raid-finder/

or:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM8cgQ42bMQ

You’re from DnT don’t you know what masteries are required? The info in those links is vague.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

You’re from DnT don’t you know what masteries are required? The info in those links is vague.

We don’t have the devs stop by our voice comms server and tell us about upcoming releases.

It was stated that you would need to jump off a boss platform and use gliding to avoid a one shot mechanic(2nd or 3rd boss, maybe not even this wing). We know there are mushrooms in the vale guardian area for movement speed boosts/attack speed boosts.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

We don’t have the devs stop by our voice comms server and tell us about upcoming releases.

It was stated that you would need to jump off a boss platform and use gliding to avoid a one shot mechanic(2nd or 3rd boss, maybe not even this wing). We know there are mushrooms in the vale guardian area for movement speed boosts/attack speed boosts.

Yes, that boss is in a video they released (I believe they said it was the last boss of the first wing). For it you will need gliding level 1 and 2 since you need updrafts in order to get back on the platform.

I don’t know about the mushrooms but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I would actually like to see a definitive response from anet because I have heard feedback from testers that ley line gliding is required which has never been mooted.

Where did you hear that?

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I am a bit worried about the number of masteries required for raid.
Really don’t want to go back playing hours of adventure to get the gold mastery.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Next

The only masteries that are required for the raid release are Glider Basics and Updraft Use. They don’t come in to play until the third encounter.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

The only masteries that are required for the raid release are Glider Basics and Updraft Use. They don’t come in to play until the third encounter.

Does having fancy glider skins help with Gorseval?

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Mastery gates for raids?

morrolan.9608

Thank you Crystal, much appreciated.

Jade Quarry [SoX]

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: joeytan.3865

joeytan.3865

Correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t it mentioned in on the recent Guild Chat that there was going to be a new mastery track and it was linked to rewards that can be bought using the currency one got for killing each boss?

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

“Required” is a high bar . Are there any other masteries that have any effect at all inside raid-spaces? Will there be speed ’shrooms on the map for example?

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Mastery gates for raids?

Nike.2631

They make us feel pretty. Which give us the buff: “We can’t die. And you know why? Because we are so… very… pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die.”

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Shuai.7435

Shuai.7435

“Required” is a high bar . Are there any other masteries that have any effect at all inside raid-spaces? Will there be speed ’shrooms on the map for example?

During BW3 there were blazing speed mushrooms at the vale guardian, didn’t spot any adrenal ones but might’ve just missed them.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I would recommend having speed boost and adrenal mushrooms as well.

Speed boost mushrooms are a 10% dps boost

Adrenal mushrooms are a 50-90% dps boost. If there are any adrenal mushrooms in a boss encounter then the difference between having it and not having it is the same as going into the raid in blues instead of ascended.

Mastery gates for raids?

Previous

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Next

No, but at least you can fall with style.

Mastery gates for raids?

Previous

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

There were speed mushrooms in the Vale Guardian encounter area, but we saw kills from groups that weekend without the mastery. They are there to help you if you are struggling, but it’s possible to defeat him without!

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

There were speed mushrooms in the Vale Guardian encounter area, but we saw kills from groups that weekend without the mastery. They are there to help you if you are struggling, but it’s possible to defeat him without!

Any other masteries are gonna to be useful in the raids? as far as you said, Gliding level 2, Itzel Lore level 6, anything about Exalted Lore or Nuhoch Lore?

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

It’s all gonna be about that Exalted Gathering \o/

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Any other masteries are gonna to be useful in the raids? as far as you said, Gliding level 2, Itzel Lore level 6, anything about Exalted Lore or Nuhoch Lore?

‘Speed Mushrooms’ are Itzel Lore 3, not 6.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Texas.9547

Texas.9547

So OP cant spend 2 hours to get the three masteries required for the story but thinks hell have the patience to raid; funniest thing i ever heard.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

‘Speed Mushrooms’ are Itzel Lore 3, not 6.

Adrenal mushrooms

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

No, but at least you can fall with style.

Read that as fail with style.

Mastery gates for raids?

Posted by: Copestetic.5174

Copestetic.5174

I really hope you guys plan on using existing masteries to their fullest extent. Would love to see some of the raids “gated” behind having specific masteries. Itzel Poison Lore, Exalted Markings/Assistance, Nuhoch Alchemy/Stealth Detection, Stealth Gliding and even Ley Line Gliding.

All of these would make for some pretty interesting fights, and it’d be a shame to not include them because some people would rather sit on the forum and complain than get in-game, and hit up the LFG.

Mastery gates for raids?

Nike.2631

Thank you for the information. That’s the exact kind of difference I was looking at: “it helps” vs. “mandatory”. Knowing what the “it helps” things are is useful for raid leaders trying to set their group up for maximum odds of success. I like to know what homework to assign the troops. Mostly an issue while learning an encounter before everyone has both experience and full confidence they can win it .

Any others masteries you can mention? Does the Tyrian ‘faster rez’ mastery work in the raid-space?