Mesmering Mai Trin

Mesmering Mai Trin

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Hi everyone,

Of the three fractal end bosses, the one I struggle the most with is Mai Trin. Her electric blast attacks (those bolts she shoots out) hit me three times for over 5k+, which is often enough to down me in a battle where I’m already often below full health.

Any tips for a mesmer to perform better in this battle?

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Arenzo.3298

Arenzo.3298

dont play much mesmer, but your 2 skill on MH sword makes you avoid all damage, so you could save that for the electric attack

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You mean her Pistol Spin? You gotta dodge that then, no way around it as it’s unblockable. Either with a normal dodge or Blurred Frenzy. If you’re ranged you can try to run between the shots.
When I play Mesmer, blink helps me quite a bit, as does Mantra of Resolve in case I get hit by her autochain.
Sword/Sword is a must because of the block on skill 4 which allows you to block all her teleporting shots (which are undodgeable, so only use your block for when she does this attack) and I usually pick Sword/Focus as second weapon set, mainly for the barrage phase to get some swiftness.
I’m not sure if untraited wardens can absorb her Pistol Spin, but I somewhat doubt it.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Is there an early tell for the Pistol Spin?
I can see her duck but I’m usually too late to react.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Gotta watch her animation. She stops chasing whoever she’s after and then spins.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Thanks for the suggestions. I’ll try them the next time I go against her.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Gotta watch her animation. She stops chasing whoever she’s after and then spins.

yep, I have to add that she basically follows a boring chain

teleport pistol -> aoe bolts -> teleport pistol.

The auto attack chasing chain between transitions is one boring waiting game. The pistol teleport you have some time to activate block. The aoe spin right after she launches the pistol, you have to dodge right when she stops chasing whoever.

(edited by loseridoit.2756)

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Miaire.5468

Miaire.5468

Thanks everyone! I wasn’t looking at the big picture and wasn’t considering that her stopping is somehow a tell itself.

(edited by Miaire.5468)

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

Thanks everyone! I wasn’t looking at the big picture and wasn’t considering that her stopping is somehow a tell itself.

if you know the encounter, you kinda realize she is really boring.

There are 3 sources of rng that really annoys me and prolong the fight.

Her auto and chase phase

cannon phases

common, when will the blue aoe be out already.

So much waiting in this fight, please anet remove it. Add the moa in dry top for fun. I rather fight that moa than mai trin

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I know something that helped me a lot when getting used to Mai Trin at first was putting my graphics on absolute minimum settings. You wouldn’t believe it to make that much of a difference but try it and see for yourself.

You’ll mutter “holy sh__” outloud in surprise at how much easier it is to react on time when in groups, especially with those guardian animations blooming the hell out of the place.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I know something that helped me a lot when getting used to Mai Trin at first was putting my graphics on absolute minimum settings. You wouldn’t believe it to make that much of a difference but try it and see for yourself.

You’ll mutter “holy sh__” outloud in surprise at how much easier it is to react on time when in groups, especially with those guardian animations blooming the hell out of the place.

Crap! Does that work on Archdiviner too? What a GREAT idea!!! Can’t wait to try it out! Having massive problems dodging said bosses on my full height and size norn guardian This would be a gift from the gods.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Crap! Does that work on Archdiviner too? What a GREAT idea!!! Can’t wait to try it out! Having massive problems dodging said bosses on my full height and size norn guardian This would be a gift from the gods.

Well it doesn’t change anything about his hammer cleaving from a mile away, but yeah it should make it easier to notice his animations.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well it doesn’t change anything about his hammer cleaving from a mile away, but yeah it should make it easier to notice his animations.

His cleave feels like it has a radius of 600. But then again, so feels Mossman’s cleave…

The tip is pretty useful though, thanks.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“I know something that helped me a lot when getting used to Mai Trin at first was putting my graphics on absolute minimum settings. "

For many players the graphics flare over everything even on lowest settings.

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: chazawits.5071

chazawits.5071

You know what guy’s, a bit off topici know...
it’s all them super novaish kitten storm pyrotechnics displays really grind on me at times. Especially the brown kitten storm’s pvp skirmishes resemble cause of them. I know it has a lot to do with my general inexperience but still feels to me like chaotic cluster kittens to me. Sure would be nice to click that ’limit partial effects’ box and have it actually do something discernible.
Just last night was running a cm path and for the first time came across someone useing that guardian skill that casts the most annoying wide radius sheilds that Heal every second skill. Woosh woosh woosh!
Is that even necessary ?
Bad enough even if the field of view were widened up a few degrees or so.
Lol way too spammy for my tastes. .

K Osss,Mesmer.“If I strike a man by dagger, his consciousness,
not his body only,is affected by my act.” A.Crowley

Mesmering Mai Trin

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

You know what guy’s, a bit off topici know…
it’s all them super novaish kitten storm pyrotechnics displays really grind on me at times. Especially the brown kitten storm’s pvp skirmishes resemble cause of them. I know it has a lot to do with my general inexperience but still feels to me like chaotic cluster kittens to me. Sure would be nice to click that ‘limit partial effects’ box and have it actually do something discernible.
Just last night was running a cm path and for the first time came across someone useing that guardian skill that casts the most annoying wide radius sheilds that Heal every second skill. Woosh woosh woosh!
Is that even necessary ?
Bad enough even if the field of view were widened up a few degrees or so.
Lol way too spammy for my tastes. .

1. Create game where reading animations is key.
2. Greatly obscure animations with excessive and often needless special effects.
3. ???
4. Profit

Or at least #1 and #2.