Molten facility, Living story team.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

Now from a non hardcore gamer pov (my personal).

This is a story mode well done! Congratulations!

Did it today first time with guildies and I had loads of fun really. The bosses are great those are one of THE BEST BOSSES in game. Fighting the “trap room” was an AMAZING experience, and also those 2 bosses are extremly fun to do.

This is the kind of bosses I love to see in the future. Big, BIGGER! The fight with them felt amazing! I never liked to fight same sized or smaller bosses becouse of the spell effect in wich the boss just vanished and no one could see his animation and took damage… Lupicus is also a great boss but he like’s to be above the screen to much, here It’s perfect.

Best story mode dungeon as so far, love it – keep up this way!

Posted by: PolishSausage.1279

PolishSausage.1279

=I challenge you to do L48 Bloomhunger and not just afk behind projectile absorbing walls. I challenge you to do the ettin boss in the Asuran Fractal and actually have fun.

Your problem in these cases is the fact that you’ve done the fights more than 40 times at that point. Anything is going to feel boring when you run them that much.

Posted by: Burn.5401

Burn.5401

It’s a nice dungeon, but you just had to ruin it by putting RNG drops in the chest as always.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

The end bosses and the thermal core section were fantastic.

Thermal core was a bit lacklustre. I just stood in the same spot the entire time since none of the big weapon attacks did enough damage to pose any threat at all.

Then the NPCs said we needed to warn Hoelbrak and the Black Citadel about the weapon and I burst out laughing.

Nice touch at the end where the enemy comes down to take care of us himself and dies in one hit, though.

Maybe I worded a bit wrong. It was fantastic in what they tried to get players to do. Jump over shockwaves (which was important later), be active, learn to use stability if you’re tired of getting knocked around.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

I reeeeeallly like this dungeon. It is by far the best dungeon in the game. Nice work Anet!

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

The NPCs all share the same AI. There’s no AI difference between Rytlock, Rox, or Magg (CoF) aside from the skills that they use. For story mode dungeons we do beef up the NPCs a bit with their skills since it is supposed to be an easier experience meant to tell a story while providing at least a non trivial encounter for a group of 5 players in a PuG. We are always working on our AI to make them better though.

This is interesting. Obviously I don’t know what you all know, but it feels like the skills of the others could be adjusted. I am inclined to agree with the others posting on the forum that Rox and Braham appear to be more involved in the combat and more likely to contribute.

Most of the time with NPCs in dungeons I just assume they’ll be nothing more than res XP after each time we end combat, but in the Facility these two kept up the good fight (even if Braham’s shield uses were a little questionable).

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

The dungeon was okay, but it wasn’t anything to phone home about. After the first half-hour I kept wondering when the dungeon was going to end. It started off strongly with the weapons testing room but then it just became repetitive fighting the same enemies over and over again.

Like most dungeons it wasn’t really rewarding especially for the time put in. I was hoping that Anet would learn from other dungeon bosses but again the final duo were damage sponges. Together they took probably 15 minutes to beat so unless you’re specced for full damage it drags on. I did like the overall tactics of the bosses and the dodge requirements and the positioning, but they need their health bars reduced.

Overall I’d give the dungeon a “fair” rating. It wasn’t as great as some people make it out to be but it wasn’t the worst piece of crap either.

Posted by: MeateaW.3519

MeateaW.3519

Ok; a couple of comments.

I generally liked it.

Final boss fight: when your party wipes; one of you has to stay dead on teh ground while the others res to repair armor.
When the last person resses the bossfight restarts teleporting you straight back in.

My team (of 4, and we aren’t great I personally think our wiping was appropriate for our skill level) wiped ~8 times before getting a 5th player (and we then wiped 2 more times before giving up – again its our skill level I haven’t got a problem) but, we couldn’t repair!!.
We had no control over re-starting the fight.
We couldn’t clear off our downed-penalties (if someone managed to get ressed a couple of times during the fight; they would start it again with a red DP – oh yay!).

Again; I think the fight was ok difficulty and our team wasn’t great; but give us a chance to prepare for the fight on the second try??.

PS. we were ressing back at the start of the dungeon; not the nearest WP to the boss, in order to get to the repair anvil. If someone DID res at the nearest one; they would be teleported in to teh boss fight alone. (even better!)

I did manage to complete it on my second run through with a PUG this morning, and while we felt less organised in general (may have been my squishier engineer though) we managed to complete the dungeon.

Now I just need to get my guild through it. I hope we can field 5 next time.

Posted by: MeateaW.3519

MeateaW.3519

And don’t get me started on the jump-the-shockwaves.

Just like the frog-boss in SAB I can’t do it with my lag. (Australia). I am sure there are some that can; but I just can’t get the timing down when the server thinks I am 0.25-1 seconds behind where I think I am.

(Though I could tank through the shockwaves for the testing section; the berserker was almost impossible when we got him to 25%)

Posted by: synk.6907

synk.6907

And don’t get me started on the jump-the-shockwaves.

Just like the frog-boss in SAB I can’t do it with my lag. (Australia). I am sure there are some that can; but I just can’t get the timing down when the server thinks I am 0.25-1 seconds behind where I think I am.

(Though I could tank through the shockwaves for the testing section; the berserker was almost impossible when we got him to 25%)

Dodge through them instead. They are very easy to evade. Additionally being in melee range right next to the Berserker often means the shockwave spawns behind you and won’t hit you.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Really like this new dungeon. Although, the amount of mobs is beyond excessive. There really is no fun in having that many mobs to mow through. Overall though, I would rate this a solid 6/10.

Posted by: Swagg.9236

Swagg.9236

The dungeon is amazing.

So many enemies with engaging attack mechanics (knock-backs, gap-closers) and acceptable health pools. Nothing really took too long to burn down. My only gripe would be maybe lowering the final boss hp by something like 10-20% but even that isn’t really necessary. Exactly as it is, this is the best dungeon in the game by a mile. Bar none. This dungeon has so many elements that are missing from the original dungeons. ANet should take notice. Honestly, I had so much fun that I can still barely believe that it’s in GW2.

Oh, wait—another gripe. WHY is this temporary content? What do you hope to accomplish with your “Living Story,” ANet? How are regular dungeons not living story? Oh, hey, we finished AC story-mode! I guess we can remove the dungeon since we’re going to be moving on to another area now! Removing this dungeon is not making sense. Not financially. Not by standards of game-design. Not with regards to your player-base. It’s completely asinine.

Remove it and then add a shortened version to the Fractals. At least show some effort in trying to resuscitate that pile of “flavor-of-the-month.”

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

This is BY FAR the best Dungeon experience I have had in GW2. Difficulty is fine, not over the top, but hard enough to be fun. It’s well laid out and interesting and was a very enjoyable run. This is the only Dungeon so far where I was able to actually enjoy the content without being frustrated by a buggy and nonsensical mechanic of some type.

Whoever did this dungeon should be tasked with re-doing every singe dungeon in this game. Excellent job!

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Darth Llama.9217

Darth Llama.9217

The people that did this dungeon really showed how bad the usual ‘Dungeon Team’ is.

That’s how you do it kiddies, take some notes. By far the best dungeon in GW2 so far.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand Binary, and those who don’t.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The length, difficulty, and reward are about right for a “story mode” dungeon. Will need to do it a few more times. Other judgements are still clouded by the shinies.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Bit too many trash mobs, but their HP is nice, so it’s not too bad.

Final boss stage 2 is too easy if you kill the Berserker first. It basically makes the field smaller, but the boss itself doesn’t do enough damage to be threatening. At least the Berserker has a strong attack that can down a player caught off-guard (fire stomp). The Firestorm should either do more damage with his AoE, or get his own killer attack like the Berserker has.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: FourthVariety.5463

FourthVariety.5463

There already were bosses in the game which focused on player movement as primary defense strategy. Project Alpha comes to mind. The new dungeon makes a clear separation between “run away stage” and “unload skills stage” of the battle. Previous bosses did not do that, they were more “run and gun” type battles in which defense and offense had to happen at the same time.

This isn’t even the first time one of the new “segmented” bosses appear. The SAB frog is the same. Even Giganticus Lupicus forces you to run, wait and only attack when he has an opening. This is why resurrection during GL is always an option. However, the final battle in the Weapons Facility, already keeps players too much on their toes for that to happen (much like Alpha).

Still, I wonder if this clear split between “now defend” and “now attack” is liked better, because it is easier, or more used to from Japanese games.

If I had to complain about one thing though, it is the tone. Again, dirt, fire and slavery are dominating the mood. It is again some magic-industrial hellhole and not a dangerous fantasy world of wonder. Compare Weapons Facility to Cliffside Fractal.

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I think this dungeon was set about the perfect level for a story mode dungeon, was interesting but not stressful, which is how I would expect the ‘easy’ mode of a dungeon to run.

If people found it easy then good for you, some people didn’t, which means it was pitched about the right difficulty for everyone for a time limited dungeon that’s meant to be a bit of fun, not the greatest challenge ever.

I for one really enjoyed it, although Ive only run it once, you could recover fairly easily from mistakes and the mechanics were straightforward but fun, meant I came out of a dungeon without tense shoulders for once.

Also if the people who are complaining about never having to move want a bit more of a challenge then take a melee character in like I did (no idea where my warriors bow went), makes things a bit more interesting, but by no means too hard.

BOOM

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

It was fun, and interesting, I earned about 1G 50S from it as well, which as far as I’m concerned made it well worth my time. Plus the exotic gloves with the unique skin you can earn from completing it. What more do people want?

BOOM

Posted by: WonderfulCT.6278

WonderfulCT.6278

This dungeon seems to give me mixed opinions.

Keep in mind I never finished it. I got up to the slaves solo then when I couldn’ free them by simply interacting with them I got fed up and left.

The drill part is cool but new mobs would be more interesting.

There was no story to speak of and the tone (and atmosphere) is messed up. I have no idea where the place is supposed to be. Is it an ice cavern? Is it a volcano? Is it a cave?

Remove the cave trolls please. They can’t hit anything with or without dodging and I killed the champion melee without any thought.

The weapon testing part was cool for a first time but on repeat would likely pose 0 threat. Which was reduced from a 1% threat level. I soloed it without dying. The mobs on 100% and 75% never agroed me. The weapons being tested do too little damage and the tornado aoe at that part is too small.

Another complaint I have is that in the cutscene it says hes testing a weapon on that unsuspecting (Naw he knew he was gonna die) person who has a wieght dropped on him. Now if this wieght is used to create a shockwave how did they test it by dropping it directly on him?

I agree with Wethospu regarding mobs random agro. They might come together, or they might come separate it depends on how they feel. They might just chase you for no reason.

Also when you finish the part at the weapons test area and the boss comes down is that supposed to be some kind of joke or an insult towards the dungeon team for actually having bosses?

Add more sound effects to The Minstrel plz.

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

1. Please make this dungeon permanent!
2. Please have all future dungeon be as good as this!
3. Please fix the existing dungeons to be as good as this!

Even IGN said so!

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: pupgo.2016

pupgo.2016

why doesnt this count in the Dungeon achievements?

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

I suggested in the Past that A-net should take advantage of the fact that each dungeon has 4 different versions, and turn it into 4 different difficulty settings, with the easiest being the Story mode, and the hardest (existing for the Masochists who rant in this thread that the dungeon was easy) being intended to be played with ascended gear by normal beings.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Whoever did MWF needs to team up with the guy who made Lupus, fix the current dungeons and make new ones. For great justice.

Also, give a truly explorable MWF. And make it permanent.

Posted by: Aden Celeste.3650

Aden Celeste.3650

Robert, you probably already know this, but check this review from IGN regarding the new dungeon

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/01/taking-down-bosses-in-guild-wars-2s-flame-and-frost-retribution-content

Seriously, what a wonderful dungeon!

Posted by: wharone.1809

wharone.1809

I have to voice my support of this. This dungeon was by far one of the most thoroughly entertaining dungeon I’ve played in such a long time. It’s fun because of the challenge it gives, switching things up while also adding in jump as a mechanic. I loved how we could jump all this time and I’m glad they finally added it in as part of boss fights.

Frankly, if they just put this team along with Josh Foreman and his SAB team with all future development, my faith in the dungeon development would be fully restored, especially after the AC debacle. Dungeons have always been a mixed bag, often showing signs of brilliance, such as all the Kudu fights, CoE (with the exception of the wolves and baby destroyers) and Lupicus, but suffering from truly awful design on most of the others. I thought after the revamp of AC, I should lose all hope of ever being able to enjoy any revamped dungeons in the future, but with these past two updates, I’m increasingly optimistic. Anet should just get the hard decision over with and install these two stellar teams in charge of the one area which has constantly displayed subpar quality for all fans of the PvE in the game.

(edited by wharone.1809)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

=I challenge you to do L48 Bloomhunger and not just afk behind projectile absorbing walls. I challenge you to do the ettin boss in the Asuran Fractal and actually have fun.

Your problem in these cases is the fact that you’ve done the fights more than 40 times at that point. Anything is going to feel boring when you run them that much.

I have killed GL and the Grawl Fractal boss literally hundreds of times and they are never once boring encounters. I actively pray to get the Grawl fractal when I do L48 because that boss is like the saving grace of the entire dungeon. I think they should strive to have active and engaging bosses that die “fast” if you’re exceptionally good and “slow” if you’re still learning the ropes. Those bosses are perfect.

I think the molten bosses are also exceptional. The Firestorm could do with being harder, but as a whole they are engaging, fun, and have diverse mechanics. Most importantly, the boss changes based on which you kill first (REACTIVE BOSS, OMG!), which keeps the fight fresh at the players’ discretion (Let’s do zerker first this time guys!). I would rather fight the molten bosses a hundred times than ever look at the Svanir shaman again in Fractals. Seriously, that boss is so bad it makes me want to throw Rob’s ranger off a cliff every time I kill it.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

(edited by Rising Dusk.2408)

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

“Dungeon? More like Fungeon.”

That is all.

Posted by: jwaz.1908

jwaz.1908

I wanted to take the time to outline the many positives, and the few negatives about the new Molten Facility dungeon. There has been a lot of praise, and some criticism about it, and I just wanted to express my opinion.

Positives:

• Enemy Variety - Each enemy in the dungeon has unique abilities and mechanics, creating interesting and challenging encounters.
  • Interesting Boss Fights - Molten Facility has one of the best boss fights in the game (comparable in challenge to grawl shaman), with interesting and challenging mechanics that keep you on your feet and engaged (unlike many HOTW bosses where you stand in one place).
  • Unique Loot - Molten Facility offers 3 completely unique drops (Mini, Tonic Recipe, and Jetpack). Such unique loot sets Molten Facility apart from any other dungeon, and gives people a reason to do it again (not just farming the dungeon for money). While the money reward isn’t all that great, the potential to get completely unique loot outweighs it.
  • Dungeon Layout - The general layout of the dungeon was phenomenal. Many of the regular dungeons are cramped and confusing. I realize many of the these dungeons have to equate for 4 different dungeon experiences, thus causing things to be more compact, but Molten Facility had an instinctual path and plenty of room to move around (the mini-map arrows were a nice addition).

Negatives:

• Repetitive Mobs - The mobs at the very start of the dungeon offer a wide variety of mechanics, but later on (cold room forward) the mobs become somewhat repetitive since they have similar compositions. This is somewhat counteracted by the encounters themselves though, since the mechanics of the fights are fun and challenging.
  • Lacking Waypoints - This is only a minor gripe, but after the first boss encounter, there are no way-points until the final boss (a way-point after the cold room would be nice). This makes wiping a nuisance since you to run a long distance, but with a good team wiping can be avoided.

Overall I would like to praise the living world team for making a wonderful dungeon experience that was unique and challenging, albeit a bit long/boring at times. I could definitely sense some fundamental design differences, some of which I would love to see implemented in the other dungeons. My experience is somewhat limited, but I have run Molten Facility a few times so far, even 2-manned it with a friend (although it took a couple hours).

Brom Svánigandr – Druid
Nemata Sapshield – Dragonhunter
Lillian Estre – Tempest

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

- Good use of a cut scene for a boss fight. Existing dungeons could use a bit of that.
- Voice acting seemed to move the plot along rather than delay.
- Slight design change towards a slightly more cartoon style but it did seem to work
- No skipping (yet)
- Good difficulty balance since it is tough for people who haven’t done many dungeons

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Positives:
– The mobs had a wide-variety of mechanics that made them feel unique from other creatures and didn’t have massive amounts of health.
- The two boss fights were very well done. The Weapon’s testing facility boss didn’t do much damage but it was interesting nonetheless. The final boss utilized a lot of what we learned throughout the dungeon and completely changes based on who you kill first.

Negatives:
- I didn’t like the dungeon layout, it felt very linear and had too few waypoints. In most of the dungeon team’s dungeons they add quirky little things in the middle (CoF bomb run, AC defend Detha, CoE bomb defense, etc.) and I felt that this dungeon lacked that variety. It seemed that they made these really well developed enemies but decided to just have players engage them in a straightforward fight rather than adding interesting environmental mechanics to complement them.

Overall very well designed dungeon mechanically. Would love for the dungeon team and the Living Story team to work together in the future with the dungeon team thinking up the dungeon layout and both teams working on the bosses.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: Roktar.2497

Roktar.2497

Pros: The dungeon is really fun and challenging and it was made by the living story team.

Cons: It’s only temporary.

Dungeon team, please learn what is a good made and fun dungeon please.

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

Well it does gets easy with high-dps team. Just pull pack together, stability+100b.
Though the end bosses still have some challenge.

And the weapon testing room is always fun.

I’d like to see more dungeons like this, possibly with less attention to trash mobs and more unique boss encounters with dynamic fights.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

rewards are nice
design is nice (thematic, and beautiful)
enemies are interesting looking
Boss fights are unique and interesting

enemies are NOT interesting to fight
trash mob after trash mob (no seriously, Anet, do you actually listen to your playerbase? I’d wager a good 50% of the complaints from dungeon running players are about your ridiculous fetish for trash monsters.) Worse still, you, in the past, created a dungeon-esque thing that didnt have kitten amounts of silver ringed trash, and we all loved it. But now you brought them back? Change every silver to veteran besides the protectors, and I know a lot of people who would be way happier.

Trash monster abilities cause team dissonance. This is mostly the protectors. But, 1. some classes dont have access to pushback abilities without speccing into ridiculous builds. 2. Even classes with pushbacks can often not fully push back a protector to get it to leave a circle 3. even with pushbacks, sometimes teammates will stand in the circle, causing the protector, and every other stupidly large hp’d monster to be immortal. Additionally certain attacks that can be reflected by some skills cannot be reflected by others. The fire tornado’s from the gunners can be reflected by guardians and mesmers, but not by elementalists (and obviously some classes simply dont have reflects, which means gunners, shamans, and those dredge with rifles all do far more to them). This dungeon gives large incentives towards A. loading up on guardians again and B. never taking newer players, as they’ll slow down the dungeon to an agonizing pace. This is not ideal!

boss fight has minor glitch regarding the shockwaves

Issues with triggers, some dialogue must be triggered in order to finish the dungeon, however it will not be triggered if players are advancing too rapidly. Specifically the comment that rox makes about being the ram can be skipped by having players simply progress forward as she goes to make that speech, and aggroing monsters beyond that trigger. This makes the dungeon uncompleteable, as rox will then not open the gate to the boss chamber. It’s obnoxious to have someone who doesnt know this bug out the dungeon by rushing ahead before the NPC’s are done talking. Additionally you can cause a similar issue by planting all 3 explosives before the NPC’s are done talking about it.

Frankly if the rewards for the dungeon werent incredible I wouldnt be touching this with a 10ft pole.

It saddens me that you’ve managed to take 2 steps forward in terms of boss design, and 1 massive leap back in terms of dungeon design. I know you want to pace a dungeon and make it actually take some amount of time, but there are better ways to do it than giving monsters ridiculous amounts of hp.
Extend the ambush at the beginning, have multiple waves of veterans, heck maybe make multiple portals spawn so we arent just spawn camping them every time. Add more veterans to the monsters in the tunnel pockets, as it is currently they get bunched up and annihilated on the chokepoints without doing diddly squat. Change the silver rings to veterans and double or even triple the amount that are in each mob pack, they’ll be just as dangerous, take almost as long to finish off, but it’ll still be a more rewarding (quite literally) experience for the player.

Posted by: generalraccoon.3857

generalraccoon.3857

I really liked the dungeon. It seems well executed. I’ve ran it twice, and I can see how we can wipe if not careful. but seeing as I did the run with my regular party, we had fun going through it without too much distressing moments.

Some rewards are nice, but dungeon specific rewards that are also RNG based is my biggest dislike here. I never liked that. like fractal skins, im not putting any hope of ever seeing them. i never was lucky enough to get those. and relying on luck is just crap for me.

Anyhow, overall good job on new dungeon!

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

+ npcs have actually useful abilities
- npc ai is so horribly kitten (stuff they do is just…)
- whole dungeon relies too much on npc

+ interesting enemies
- every group is pretty much same (why there was no groups with like 3 Gunners or 3 Brawlers?)

+ trap stuff
- didn’t even have to care about traps (weapon testing…)

+ very story-driven
- unnecessary waiting

- weird aggro
- so few waypoints
- weird bugs (constantly getting teleported to end-fight, etc.)

- also pugs seem so terrible….

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Positive: Fun for the first 5 runs

Negative: Nothing in it worth my time

Add a dungeon that is much more challenging with epic loot, not an easy 20-30 minutes run with MORE greens/blues we’re so used to get in all dungeon chests.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Negatives:
- performance issue
- too long

Positive:
- somewhat interesting first time you do it

Posted by: StriderShinryu.6923

StriderShinryu.6923

Overall, I found the dungeon to be a fun play, but I’m not sure at all why it’s getting quite the amount of praise it is. The concept was good and the bosses were very good (could do without the super comic book/power rangers stuff, but that’s just personal taste). The actual run itself, though, felt really long and repetitive. Sure most of the enemies went down fairly quick compared to what it could have been like, but it was just repetitive fight after fight. Outside of the killing the Protectors, there wasn’t much actual variety in how the engagements felt.

Honestly, I personally find AC more fun and intersting given that it’s shorter and there’s less repetitive trash that you actually are forced to fight.

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

I liked:

• cutscenes (I wish all the world bosses had nice cutscenes like that, and other dungeon bosses too)
  • voice acting and dialog. Voice acting is much better, tone of voice is appropriate to each situation.
  • Really like the Rox character (personality and dialog). I hope she and braham can show up in our stories again, maybe even like mercenaries/henchmen. I’m tired of my character making so many friends but never seeing them again.
  • Rox and Braham were very useful NPCs, I wanted to high-five them
  • gathering nodes
  • arrows on the mini map to guide you (though this dungeon is pretty linear so it wasn’t 100% necessary, I hope you do that from now on)

Disliked:

• Like the australian player said (though I’m in northeast USA), I can’t dodge the weapon testing/bosses at the right time. No matter how I try to do it, it’s always too early or too late. So you can guess who spent the dungeon dead on the floor I now realize I could have used Toss Elixir S, but at the time things were too hectic and didn’t give you time to breathe and think.
  • I’m worried Gw2 will keep becoming more and more like a platform game.
    But just like I don’t go to McDonalds to eat a Tofu veggie burger or the McBroccoli nuggets, I don’t log on to Gw2 to to jump and dance like I’m on a sugar high.
    When I login to Gw2 I want to use my skills and cooperate (strategy?) with other players, not play Sonic Adventure or Crash Bandicoot.
  • Plant the explosives… where? I always have this problem in dungeons. I still don’t get where’s the rock and where’s the platform in A.C. I know what I’m supposed to do, but I have to look at a guide online with very explicit screenshots to see where and how? I should be able to figure that out from inside the game.
    But even so, I’m not that fond of this sort of thing, it adds no challenge and no fun, just prolongs the dungeon. Why not just have an NPC do it?
  • Maybe I’m just too old for this, but on the weapon testing room I can’t do everything at once: jump, turn the camera, use my heal, my toolbelt skills, use a skill to protect an teammate, swap my engineer kits for the skill I need, attack the enemy… I only have so many fingers and so much concentration, and I seriously got cramps on my left wrist and fingers from playing that dungeon (and it’s still hurting a day after).
    I now realize I could have used Toss Elixir S for stability or stealth (4s on 60s cooldown), but at the time you didn’t get a second to breathe and think what to do.
    It’s just I didn’t realize I was buying a platform game when I bought Gw2. I mean, I even played beta. I don’t get why you’re so intent on making this a “platformer + achievements” xbox game.
  • As usual, I want to improve my skill and become a better player, but I don’t see how I can do that when I don’t recognize the skills used by enemies (more on that later)
    You could make their skills show as a tool tip like Gw1 so I can atleast read the tooltip and associate the skill animation with what the skill does.
    Or you could give a list of skills that killed you like in sPvP (but it still doesn’t show the skill description, does it?) But this isn’t the best choice, because the player still won’t be able to associate the skill animation with the skill itself.
  • All the glowy skill animations means I can’t see what I’m doing, who I’m fighting, where my teammates are, even when downed it takes people atleast 10 seconds to notice the downed icon on the screen (because all the glowy animations blur it).
    Can’t see what the enemies or my teammates are doing since all I see on the screen are fireworks (trash mobs only, bosses were much more clear visually).
    The cramped spaces only intensified the problem. I kept nagging at my team not to fight on the bridges, but oh well. Going past the bridges wouldn’t really fix the problem. It was still cramped with your back against the wall. This is a problem all over the world, but it’s saddening that it still happens in small fights like sPvP and 5 person dungeons.
  • If I have unchecked “show other players” in my options, why do my party’s nameplates still show? Visual clutter hell!
  • Tired of dumb passive effects (Unshakable & Defiant) instead of interesting combat mechanics. I hope you get rid of that ASAP… everywhere. We spend 80 levels leveling up and learning how to use our characters and our skills, and then you make it so nearly everything we learned is useless and the only thing left is plain damage. “I swung my sword, I swung my sword again. Oh, I swung it again!”
  • Enemies and art overly cartoonish (as are all male Norns ;p). It’s like everyone at ANet grew up playing nintendo (hey, I play nintendo games too, I just like something more realistic like Gw1)

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

• I wish this dungeon could have been open world content, there’s a lot of empty zones where this could have taken place, bringing more people to empty zones.

All in all, what I wanted from living world is for each zone’s story to change, bringing different quests, and making people come back and play it as fresh content.

What we got instead, was fix sign posts and loot dead bodies, then 12 XBox acheivements. WOOHOO, JOY!!! I’m sick and tired of silly Xbox achievements being the main gameplay, I’m not a toddler who needs to be given a list of chores.

You did give us two instances and a dungeon, but those only take people away from the world. You need to bring people back to the world, specifically mid-level areas (30-60 or so). It makes the world feel static when the content is in instances. You should have made all of this content open world IMO.

I’m worried you’ll keep making lots of instanced content, making the world even more empty and static than it is now.

(edited by lorazcyk.8927)

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Very fun dungeon, shame that’s temporary. Very entertaining fights with the bosses, although the “rescue the prisoners” section was a bit too long for my taste. Just 4-manned it ( guardian ranger thief thief, all lv80 with max equip ) and the difficulty was just about right for my taste and for a temporary story dungeon. Fun lines from the dredngineer!

Rewards a bit underwhelming, especially with the halved completion reward. Why is that? It’s not like the dungeon can be cleared really fast.

All in all a good experience. Not astonishing but definitely better than the average dungeon! 7.5/10

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: derLoko.2185

derLoko.2185

TBH, i thought Super Adventure Box was much better xP

Posted by: Arrow.3856

Arrow.3856

Alot of mixed views here. I have felt that the dungeon was very fun just like all the others . However like all the other dungeons after alot of runs it becomes stale. That is why unlikemost ppl i love how they made it temporary. This way you play it and right b4 it becomes boring for most ppl it is taken off the shelves, which leaves the mwf dungeon with a really good rep.

In terms of difficulty, i felt that mwf is perfectly balanced. In a run with all lvl 80s we failedin the last boss because ppl were too used to wow style on the spot nuking and i was left to solo the 2 bosses from 90% to 40%. However in a run with a 3 ppl who never attempted the dungeon but knew how to use their characters, we finished without wiping once.

Trash mobs…only became trash mobs after my 7 or 8th run which is reasonable as the dungeon was meant to be run one or two times for the story…all in all great work, thats my 2 cents

“I may not be a horse whisperer, but I certainly
can and do speak to unicorns.” (Arrow The
Unicorn)

Posted by: ghettogenius.9174

ghettogenius.9174

I was having fun, right up until the leader left and we all got booted. After like 5 wipes someone left to go get their guardian lol. Oops, it was the leader. Now I dont mind his mistake, but that whole mechanic is stupid and a discussion for another thread.

Dungeon was pretty cool though, great layout and open spaces. That first boss area with all the AoE was just stupid though. Was that supposed to be fun? Just got tossed like a ragdoll from fire AoE – not sure how we survived that part. I honestly thought we all died and the computer just rezzed us because it felt sorry for us.

2 Boss fight was frustrating though. I felt forced into SB with my thief instead of S/D that I’m much more effective with. More overlapping AoE. Even when it looked like I avoided some I got tossed to the ground. Seems like if you jump in the wrong direction youll take damage multiple times :/ I guess I just suck at teh gamez right? L2P.

So yeah it was a rough night. Hoping tonight I have a better experience.

Posted by: Anhellbro.7210

Anhellbro.7210

Very easy fight ( last bosses) . Kill this boss solo…… im guardian