My Suggested Changes

My Suggested Changes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bai long.2085

bai long.2085

Hi,

I’m Jesse and I wanted to talk a little about the current state of the game and some improvements that could be made.

Let me start out by saying that I’ve played dozens of MMOs over the years and there’s never been one I’d wanted~ to want to play more than Guild Wars 2. It has a great base structure and excellent combat system but there are some definite changes that need to take place. Why should you hear me out when there are so many people complaining/asking for things? Because several of these ideas stand to increase the revenue of your company.

—-Why I Play(ed) Guild Wars 2—-
Back when it was released, years ago, it was a new and exciting experience with a combat system unlike those I was used to. A couple of my real life friends and I bought the game and enjoyed roaming the world, completing jumping puzzles we’d never done every night, and going through the dungeons to get our “Dungeon Master” title and other similar activities.

—-Why I’ve Stopped Playing Guild Wars 2—-
There are 2 main reasons I’ve stopped playing Guild Wars 2 for now (and most certainly stopped spending any money in the gem store, which is what metric you really care about). There are many others, but here are the generalized 2 reasons:

1) There are no more challenges for my 2 buddies and I to complete. And, I don’t mean scavenger hunts. I mean challenges.

2) I feel extremely~ excluded from raid content solely based on the build I choose to play. (No, I don’t suck. I’ve actually become incredibly skilled over the 3+ years I’ve played)

—-What I’m Playing Now & Why—-
Right now I’m playing Final Fantasy XIV: ARR because it alleviates the two problems I’d listed above. There are innumerable challenges I have yet to face and more are added every 2 months or so in the form of new dungeons (something GW2 has not done once in 3+ years). Also, I do not feel excluded from any content based on the class I chose to play. I know GW2 uses a different system of “builds” but, nevertheless, I’m not excluded from anything.

Let’s get down to the meat of my post and talk about what needs to be changed.

RAIDS

I play a Druid in full Nomad’s gear. Why? Because that’s what I enjoy. I do crap for damage but I never die and that’s how I like playing every MMO I’ve ever played. No one wants~ a Nomad’s druid in the raid. It seems like a simple solution, right? Just change to a different gear set. That’s the problem. When I go to McDonald’s and order a cheeseburger they don’t refuse me service because I’m wearing a black t-shirt. They don’t only serve people in red t-shirts. The point is even if they did discriminate against my t-shirt color it’s totally within my right to tell them I don’t like wearing the color red. I just hate red. They still aren’t going to serve me though. And that’s wrong. That’s~ what Guild Wars 2 has going for me with the raid.

In essence, I don’t want to play a different build. I want to play the one I’d made myself, experimented with and improved over the years to get it to the point it is now. And that is 105% reasonable.

Can I complete the raid with my build? Of course! On the Vale Guardian (the only one I’ve cared to beat) I simultaneously tanked/healed because I’m in Nomad’s gear which is good for both. As was always the case in GW2 (and I love it this way) my skill overshadows my build 3-5x over. However, the way raids are built they’re timed so a team consisting of 3-4 builds similar to mine would find it literally impossible.

My play style with the build is an incredibly bulky tank/healer very good at keeping the people who do 5-10x more damage than I alive. I just don’t understand why that play style couldn’t have been accounted for when designing the raid.

(Suggestions)
-Remove the timer completely.
-Make the boss / enemies deal higher damage.
-Increase the organic difficulty (more AOEs, higher damage, etc.)
-Include a raid looking for group tool
-Tool the raid to be doable by 10 Berserker’s as well as by 10 Nomad’s
-Have the bosses drop static loot (such as minis) as well as tabled drops

You may see problems with my suggestions so let me address those:

-Removing the timer would make it so that 10 casuals could just spend an hour fighting a boss and cheese their way to victory.
No. If you remove the timer you dramatically increase the difficulty, ensuring only players of a sufficient skill level (not dps amount) can complete it.

-Making the boss deal higher damage will wipe our Berserker’s groups.
Exactly. It will be extremely hard for a group of all the same type of builds (dps) to complete. Bingo.

-Making the raid doable by 10 tanky builds will make it way too easy.
No. True, they’ll survive much more easily, but they’re turning a sprint event into a marathon. They’re both difficult. Spend 8 minutes fighting a boss at high intensity. Spend an hour fighting a boss at a lower intensity. It’s just different forms of difficult.

That’s my non-exhaustive list of changes I’d make to raids so let’s move on to something else.

DUNGEONS

Dungeons are dead and it’s so sad to see. I had so much fun running through the dungeons with my buddies, before they all got really old. Dungeons are the go-to content of an MMO game. They’re “content” itself. You have to have monsters to fight; you have to have bosses to beat. We have Fractals of the Mists, but I’ll get to that in a minute. I’m talking about dungeons.

It’s not at all the reduced dungeon rewards that bother me. It certainly doesn’t help…but it’s not what I’m taking aim at. What I’m taking aim at is the fact that there is no incentive to do any of the dungeons from an enjoyment standpoint. I’ve done every dungeon path in the game probably 80+ times. There needs to be a reason to participate in this content since I’m sure it took a long time to develop.

(Suggestions)
-Make a “hard mode” dungeon path system similar to hard mode from Guild Wars 1.
-Make a solo dungeon mode with lesser rewards for people who want to play alone for the time being.
-Introduce challenging achievements inside the dungeons.
-Make sure dungeon bosses all have their own unique models. (AC exp paths are all just 3 large gravelings…boooo…)
-Introduce new armor/weapon skins using unique tokens dropping from “Hard Mode”

I’ll cut the list short there for the sake of moving on.

FRACTALS OF THE MISTS

Fractals of the Mists has probably been the content I’ve enjoyed the most. It’s transactional and provides a quick and simple gameplay session to the end of my day, provided I don’t want to log on to play for hours at a time. One of the problems I have though, is the same problem I have with the dungeons. There isn’t enough incentive to do it (I’m not taking about monetary reward).

It would be nice to include a set of fractals armor skins and to use fractals as a gateway for other systems you could put into place, which I’ll talk about later on.

(Suggestions)
-Include a fractals armor set
-Include new fractals on regular~ basis (new fractal every 1-3 months or so)

OVERWORLD

The map in Guild Wars 2 is beautiful. It’s really something very special to me, partly because the areas are so open and large. A lot of work went into creating these zones and it’s a SHAME that no one ever visits them.

No one ever runs around the zones, at least not more than a few yards in any given direction because they don’t need to. They have waypoints located about every 300 yards in every direction and that completely destroys the need to traverse the landscape, which…is FUN! It’s so much more immersive to have to travel on foot to a location and so much more enthralling when you get aggro’d by some enemies on the way and hope you don’t get killed on the way there, sending you all the way back to where you came from. That makes something as simple as walking somewhere exciting.

I remember having tons of fun when I played WoW traversing the horde landscape with my friends (as alliance), constantly scrolling my camera in search of hidden dangers, knowing that if I died I’d be sent miles and mile away to try it again.

Mounts. You’ll make a ton of money selling us gem store mounts. I’d buy them. I’d buy them all. There’s no need for them, though, since everyone just uses the waypoints. So, here are my suggestions:

(Suggestions)
-Remove all waypoints in a zone except one. This way you can still actually get~ to that zone with relative ease.
-Add mounts to the game both unlockable and buyable.
-Add in a player housing area similar to Aion’s or Final Fantasy XIV’s (this is just my personal preference. I love decorating a house in a game and walking a neighborhood seeing how other people decorated theirs)

PROGRESSION & REPLAYABILITY

This is one of the largest drawbacks of playing Guild Wars 2. Everyone has full ascended. Everyone has already hit the ceiling and no we’re all wondering what we’re supposed to do now. This is when people leave the game. It’s kind of like when someone wins the lottery and has no idea what to do with all their money because their entire life’s worth of plans has revolved around actually making the money. Now they just have it all.

Changes to this system would be difficult because it makes up the core of how the game is played. But I think it’s necessary in order to keep people playing for as long as people have played WoW, for example. That game is so old, and still so populated.

(Suggestions)
-Include several higher tiers of gear above ascended, perhaps even above legendary. (carrots on sticks work wonders)
-Include a build saving interface, similar to how GW1 let you save and load your builds.
-Include a “vanquisher” (from GW1) style achievement system loading you and a group into your own instance of a zone to kill every enemy for the achievement. (tweak it to make it work right for GW2)
-Change the skillbar system to use a pool of weapon skills we can set 1-5, unlockable via achievements/challenges. (people loved skill hunting in GW1. Just use it on a much lesser scale)

HOW YOU CAN MAKE MORE MONEY

Without sounding presumptuous, I’d have to say that if I were creative director of ArenaNet, Guild Wars 2 would be giving World of Warcraft (in all of it’s popularity) a run for it’s money. I’d be listening, intently, on what my player base was saying and making the changes they~ wanted to see in a way that profited me~.

In essence, we really want A? Sell~ A to us.
We really want B? Sell~ B to us.

-Sell us mounts
-Sell us hard mode (for dungeons)
-Sell us new fractals you develop (600-800 gems a piece)
[don’t give that content away for free! Make us pay for it so you can afford to develop even more!]
-Sell us new overworld zones (600-800 gems a piece)
-Sell us additional gameplay modes
-Sell us whatever you think we’d want

Casual players who enjoy, more or less, using GW2 like a glorified chatroom (especially in Lions Arch) may be buying the gemstore outfits and gemstore gliders and that type of thing. Personally, whether I look stupid or amazing I still feel like I don’t have anything left to do so I won’t bother buying anything.

However, you still need to sell people like me something. People who play the game for the challenge of it. You just need to understand my demographic and cater what you’re offering for sale to that demographic. I want more things I can do with~ the character I’ve made. He doesn’t need to look any cooler.

Metaphorically speaking, I have this really nice RC car I built and made look really cool with stickers and decals but no where to drive it. The players need more “track” and they’re willing to pay for it. I’m not saying stop selling “stickers” and “decals” just because I don’t want them. I’m saying, while you’re selling those, please remember to offer me more track.

If you read this far, then I commend you on your commitment to read my post in it’s entirety. You may not agree with what I’d said, but I never asked you to. Hopefully this post made you think about what you~ would like to see in the game’s future and push the developer’s to realize its player’s needs.

Thanks!

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Tl;dr. Sorry. I got to the nomad druid part. Man, I feel for you, but you have to understand that nomad stats were released just for fun and to troll people in WvW (and spvp at some point of time if I remember correctly). I used to run full soldier with soldier runes and I definitely agree it was fun, but you have to understand that this game is based about that ugly DPS factor. It took me a while to digest it, but it is true. If you want to go full tank, I’m afraid this is not a game for you. I also loved tanking with my soldier guardian, but then I switched to zerker and found out I have the same fun as before and now I actually do damage. If you need some extra defense, you can always just swap 1-2 trinkets. Don’t quit the game before you actually try it. And druid is all about healing, so why not some of those new healing stats?

My Suggested Changes

Mortifer.2946

Oh, the microtransactions for content you suggested are just a pure blasphemy. I have no sympathy for you anymore

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: assassin.7895

assassin.7895

inb4 op complains about athletics discriminating fat and disabled people because goal is already removed before they come even close to the end of the marathon.

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

@Mortifer.2946

Nomad stats, like any other stat set, regardless of what the player base thinks, was not added as a joke or a troll or what-have-you. It’s just viewed that way because some content doesn’t allow for it.

As far as GW2 being all about DPS, it’s true. And if I can’t play a tanky character, of course this isn’t the game for me. I’m not arguing that. What I’m arguing is that in a game where build diversity is so important they’re alienating all but a handful of builds. That makes zero sense.

You may have fun as another build but I’ve played every class to 80 and spent countless hours working on various builds for those classes. I don’t want to play any others. Now, if that means I don’t play Guild Wars 2 anymore then so be it. I’ll go do something I actually enjoy.

The whole point of my post was to share my opinion about how I’d~ (keyword “I”) would like things to change. And no one can argue that I shouldn’t want certain things or feel a certain way. I’m entitled to want and feel any way I want.

If you don’t support micro transactions you support a monthly fee. If you don’t support either, you don’t support the game. They have to make money somehow or they can’t afford to keep the game running. If they’re going to make you pay for something, why not make it valuable content instead of skins skins skins?

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

@assassin.7895

I’m not sure I understand exactly what you’re trying to say, but I’m not sure it has much value.

My Suggested Changes

Mortifer.2946

But the game actually is not about build diversity. It is about DPS. At least in PVE. I don’t know about WvW and you can’t count pvp into that. Nomad actually is a lost stat combo that is used as an unflattering adjective. I remember the first topic on the forum when nomad was released in molten facility update that introduced Braham. Its subject was: nomad, perfect for trolling.
And this day, you still can’t acquire azure orb anywhere in the game and as far as I know, there are no trinkets (ascended) in this stat combo because it is considered a dead end addition to the game.

Concerning the transactions,
I am for paying for major expansions, but
I am not for paying for monthly updates because
This game is actually doing pretty well with selling just cosmetics, convenience stuff, and gold. + past LW2

Just because you don’t buy anything, it doesn’t mean other people do the same. And just because the sales of HoT were lower as expected, it doesn’t mean the game is doing bad.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Raids

-Make the boss / enemies deal higher damage.
-Increase the organic difficulty (more AOEs, higher damage, etc.)

Dungeons

-Make a “hard mode” dungeon path system similar to hard mode from Guild Wars 1.
-Make a solo dungeon mode with lesser rewards for people who want to play alone for the time being.
-Introduce challenging achievements inside the dungeons.
-Make sure dungeon bosses all have their own unique models. (AC exp paths are all just 3 large gravelings…boooo…)
-Introduce new armor/weapon skins using unique tokens dropping from “Hard Mode”

I think these are all really valid and good ideas, especially the increasing the raid difficulty.
It would add greater team comp and build diversity, and make things actually hard if you want to go full DPS like in other MMOs, instead of being able to just faceroll with the only “challenge” being reducing the target dummy’s health to 0 before the timer ends

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

ArenaNet said themselves that they wanted to promote a sense of diversity. So the game is supposed~ to be about build diversity, but isn’t. That’s a failure on their part. They’ve given players all of the tools they need to turn the game into a DPS fest.

I’m not understanding how Nomad’s is a joke set. Whether or not players make jokes out of it is aside from the point. I’m not interested in what people on the forum think about certain stat sets. I’ll make up my own mind about each set because that’s what I do. If someone doesn’t like the shoes I’m wearing it really doesn’t make a difference as to whether or not I decide to wear them again. If I like them I’ll wear them.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ventari%27s_Chisel

That’s a link to an ascended Nomad’s trinket. Just wanted to clear it up and let you know that their are, indeed, ascended Nomad’s trinkets for every slot. I’m wearing them.

ArenaNet needs to make an average of $10-15 per month from each player via micro transcactions to keep their game running. That’s around what other MMOs charge per month, but Guild Wars 2 has no monthly subscribtion fee. That being said, if you aren’t buying at least $10-15 worth of gems per month you aren’t monetarily supporting the game. If not, someone else is picking up the slack for you.

Now, no one can blame you if you don’t spend that much per month on gem store purchases. I don’t spend any. Not anymore.

The only one whose fault that is is ArenaNet’s for not offering something in the store you feel like you need to buy. Ergo, my examples for transactions for content (dungeons, mounts, blah blah blah). If they offered something you legitimately wanted you too could support the game.

Yes, the game is probably getting along fine without your money. But imagine how many of you there are, who don’t buy gem store items regularly. You + Me = 2 people plus probably hundreds of thousands of other people who just don’t see the point in buying meaningless baubles. Now imagine they started offering items we actually wanted to buy. They’d have so much more money coming in from people who otherwise wouldn’t be spending any money.

I’m not trying to argue how Guild Wars 2 is…I know exactly how it is.
I’m trying to offer suggestions for how it should be.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

The problem is not nomands or viper or berzerker.

The problem is that Anet buried so much of a character’s performance on gear stats.

Like, the difference in power damage between a berzerker build and a soldier/magi stat gear is IMMENSE.

And for what, so you get a few extra toughness that at best makes you tank 2 more hits?

They should just baseline effectiveness ONTO the character, and make the stat bonuses from gear VERY SLIGHT. As in, the gear offers stats in the amount of a 5-10% proportion compared to base stats.

That way, you gain a slight benefit to sort of specialize, but you are not completely incompetent at one build or task if the gear isn’t suited for it.

You’d see a lot more hybrid builds and interesting builds if the DPS cost to bringing them wasn’t so massive.

But they made sure zealot/nomad/magi/soldier/cleric gear stays in irrelevance just by HOW MUCH THOSE SETS COST YOU IN DPS.

The DPS sacrifice is way too large for the marginal defensive benefits.

What they should do is delete crit damage and condition damage. Just have ALL damage scale off the power stat.

That way, all gear has the power stat, but what distinguishes gear is what utility you bring with it. You choose either toughness, vitality, healing power, or boon duration on your gear to differentiate your roles a bit without completely gimping your performance.

It’s what Blizzard did with WoW talents. Because they realized that DPS gains always trump everything else, they made talents and customization all about UTILITY.

That’s what GW2 needs to do, normalize DPS across classes and make gear just affect the utility stats you bring.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Alright OP, let’s do a deal. I’ll take you in my raid, whenever you want. Just so you know, me and my other 8 friends will also be playing nomad druids, because that’s what we enjoy. It’s gonna be fun, we’re going to play what we like. Yes sure, we won’t get past 75% HP cuz our damage will be trash, but we’re all going to play what we enjoy, so I suppose the Vale Guardian will truly see the power of our friendship and award us his chest anyway.
I’m still trying to understand if you’re trolling or mentally disabled.
Raids= efficiency. DPS+mechanics executed in a timed window. Why should any group add someone that clearly a)will pull them down, b)isn’t dedicated at all. Just why? Most pugs out there struggle with 10 people playing meta builds. Hope you realise how ridiculous you sound

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

The problem is that Anet buried so much of a character’s performance on gear stats.

Like, the difference in power damage between a berzerker build and a soldier/magi stat gear is IMMENSE.

And for what, so you get a few extra toughness that at best makes you tank 2 more hits?

They should just baseline effectiveness ONTO the character, and make the stat bonuses from gear VERY SLIGHT. As in, the gear offers stats in the amount of a 5-10% proportion compared to base stats.

That way, you gain a slight benefit to sort of specialize, but you are not completely incompetent at one build or task if the gear isn’t suited for it.

You’d see a lot more hybrid builds and interesting builds if the DPS cost to bringing them wasn’t so massive.

But they made sure zealot/nomad/magi/soldier/cleric gear stays in irrelevance just by HOW MUCH THOSE SETS COST YOU IN DPS.

What they should do is delete crit damage and condition damage. Just have ALL damage scale off the power stat.

That way, all gear has the power stat, but what distinguishes gear is what utility you bring with it. You choose either toughness, vitality, healing power, or boon duration on your gear to differentiate your roles a bit without completely gimping your performance.

It’s what Blizzard did with WoW talents. Because they realized that DPS gains always trump everything else, they made talents and customization all about UTILITY.

That’s what GW2 needs to do, normalize DPS across classes and make gear just affect the utility stats you bring.

Then each raid will have a full healing power healer, a full toughness/vit tank, and 8 probably tempests(or whatever the top dps class is) running boon duration as utility. Because there would be no reason to bring a PS war when each of them can stack might with the boon duration, there’s no reason to bring a herald for the facet of nature, since they’re all a capped already on all possible boons, there’s no reason to run any other class that’s not top dps because, why the kitten would you? and you’ll be left with a game that has exactly 3 viable builds.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Hi,

I play a Druid in full Nomad’s gear. Why? Because that’s what I enjoy. I do crap for damage but I never die and that’s how I like playing every MMO I’ve ever played. No one wants~ a Nomad’s druid in the raid. It seems like a simple solution, right? Just change to a different gear set. That’s the problem. When I go to McDonald’s and order a cheeseburger they don’t refuse me service because I’m wearing a black t-shirt. They don’t only serve people in red t-shirts. The point is even if they did discriminate against my t-shirt color it’s totally within my right to tell them I don’t like wearing the color red. I just hate red. They still aren’t going to serve me though. And that’s wrong. That’s~ what Guild Wars 2 has going for me with the raid.

This might actually be the stupidest analogy I’ve ever seen.

Anet make Rev great again.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

I don’t believe OP. As in, I don’t think think is real. I think this is a lie post others can point too whenever the DPS meta is questioned.

Because whenever full glass builds are questioned as not being the one divine truth we should all want and want the game built around, people always respond with “well her der nomads noob noob noobs”

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

Where did you get the data that the increased revenue from the DLC stuff you suggested will offset the revenue lost from people that won’t want to support your proposed payment system? There’s already a ton of complaints about needing to pay for LS2 (and that’s something initially given out FOR FREE).

I’m sure Anet’s marketing department knows better than any one of us here how they should monetize their game.

If you want an example of what happens to a game when developers focus on trying to nickel and dime their customers instead of creating a solid game, look at Archeage.

(edited by Altair.8402)

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

@Raizen.7981

I’d written out this whole long response but later decided that what you’d replied with didn’t really warrant legitimate consideration.

You didn’t read the full post, or didn’t understand it and it sounds like someone must have peed in your cornflakes this morning.

If you want to reword your reply to be a little less ignorant of what my original intention was, I’ll consider that and get back to you.

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

@Wasabi Kitty.8247

That might be the worst explanation of why something is the worst analogy I’ve ever seen.

Try to provide some value.

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

@Marthkus.4615

I’m not sure how to respond to you other than letting you know that it’s, in fact, a legitimate post.

I think I get that the gist of what you’re saying is that you’re opinions are in complete opposition to mine.

Alright.

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

@Altair.8402

Your company and your game can always make more money, regardless of how good you’re doing at the moment. It’s a simple matter of figuring out how to tap into the untapped pockets of demand.

It’s crazy that people think because I posted some opinions and suggestions that I should believe I’m some kind of ultimate problem solver. I’m not. I’m here with suggestions and ideas and if people don’t like them…well hopefully they don’t respond with such foolish hostility like that one guy.

I don’t know how~ to make it work, if I did I’d be getting paid for it. What I do know is that someone who does know how…should figure that out.

My Suggested Changes

bai long.2085

Maybe it’s the nature of the internet and the anonymity of it all or maybe it’s a reflection of the player base, but I certainly wasn’t expecting such ridiculous “calling out”.

Suddenly I’m all sorts of stupid, all sorts of wrong…hahaha.

I’m just going to walk away from this post and continue doing what I’m doing right now, which really has nothing to do with Guild Wars 2 anyway.

A couple of you who’ve replied are just not the same kind of person I am, and you won’t know what that means either, so I’ll leave it at that.

Enjoy the game.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

-Removing the timer would make it so that 10 casuals could just spend an hour fighting a boss and cheese their way to victory.
No. If you remove the timer you dramatically increase the difficulty, ensuring only players of a sufficient skill level (not dps amount) can complete it.

that doesnt make any sense , why bother reading

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Marthkus.4615

Marthkus.4615

@Marthkus.4615

I’m not sure how to respond to you other than letting you know that it’s, in fact, a legitimate post.

I think I get that the gist of what you’re saying is that you’re opinions are in complete opposition to mine.

Alright.

Everytime anyone suggest for tankyness to be valued at all, people respond “Well why should nomads do good damage?”

People are already referencing this thread to trash talk the idea of non-damage having any value.

So no, I don’t believe you. All of this is just you messing with people so that meta evangelist can feel better about themselves.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Then each raid will have a full healing power healer, a full toughness/vit tank, and 8 probably tempests(or whatever the top dps class is) running boon duration as utility. Because there would be no reason to bring a PS war when each of them can stack might with the boon duration, there’s no reason to bring a herald for the facet of nature, since they’re all a capped already on all possible boons, there’s no reason to run any other class that’s not top dps because, why the kitten would you? and you’ll be left with a game that has exactly 3 viable builds.

Which is why you would balance the godkitten classes in PvE for DPS finally because being a Vanilla WoW buffbot class is such archaic design.

Also, you must have missed the part where I said to reduce the stats from gear so it’s not like you’d be getting 50% boon duration from gear. More on the lines of 5-10% as I said….

Nor would it replace banners or assassin’s presence or the value of facet of nature on protection uptime, etc.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

My Suggested Changes

Mortifer.2946

OP, sorry for that trinket mistake, you were right.
It is however laughable what you think about guild wars 2 business model.
millions people bought this game because it is B2P. If ArenaNet changes their model to subscription or micro transaction for content, I would just leave, and with me millions of people. You don’t understand that there are people buying so many gems, that they are a tally making this model possible.

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Cameron.6450

Cameron.6450

I remember the first topic on the forum when nomad was released in molten facility update that introduced Braham. Its subject was: nomad, perfect for trolling.

Easy mistake to make, but nomad’s was actually added later with dry top. The molten facility introduced sentinel’s stats (which require azurite), which were the tankiest stats until nomad’s were released. But regardless, you’re right about the general reaction (to both sets) when they were released, in that they were too tanky and did not do enough damage to be useful in pve.

Tomeslave and others – [RISE], [xDDD]

My Suggested Changes

Mortifer.2946

Oh kitten! Hahaha you are right xD Jesus, I feel so awkward

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

RAIDS
In essence, I don’t want to play a different build. I want to play the one I’d made myself, experimented with and improved over the years to get it to the point it is now. And that is 105% reasonable.

If nobody wants to play with you then the problem is on you. You are not being valuable enough for people to want to play with you.
If I need a certain teammate with a certain build and set and you’re not that teammate – why would I take you on the raid with me?
Nobody is discriminating against you – you are simply not providing what people need – it’s called supply and demand. There is no demand for what you supply.

You want to play “your own build”? Sure go ahead – but don’t expect people to want to accept “your own build” into their groups.
Or – find people that like that sort of thing – but honestly – people who raid want to get stuff done not experiment with “your builds”.

Can I complete the raid with my build? Of course!

Yes – but you’re not contributing as much as you should be – because your build is not 100% optimal – which means that if you do complete the raid it’s because there’s added pressure on your entire team – and they’re forced to pick up the slack because you’re not giving 100%.

I personally don’t want to have to do that. People should carry their own weight.

However, the way raids are built they’re timed so a team consisting of 3-4 builds similar to mine would find it literally impossible.

And this is perfectly fine because in case you missed your own point – your build makes it very hard if not impossible for you to die.
So why should you be able to breeze on safely through the game’s hardest content while just taking a bit longer?
Where’s the skill in being able to bypass mechanics by just getting tanky and healy gear?

Timers are there specifically so people like you don’t go in as a group of 10 and complete.

My play style with the build is an incredibly bulky tank/healer very good at keeping the people who do 5-10x more damage than I alive. I just don’t understand why that play style couldn’t have been accounted for when designing the raid.

It was accounted for – healers are a thing, tanking is a thing – it’s just not as extreme as you want it to be in order for you to fulfill your roleplay.

-Tool the raid to be doable by 10 Berserker’s as well as by 10 Nomad’s

And this is where the absurdity reaches astronomic proportions. You can’t just do that – make the same encounter doable by 10 zerkers as well as 10 nomad’s without making it incredibly cheap and easy for the nomads.

You do realize that the skill involved is being tested through dps right? Because if you can’t stay alive AND deal DPS you won’t beat the timer.
Also – it takes more skill to stay alive and deal dps than just staying alive and taking a really really long time. Because in situation 1 you have to both stay alive and do stuff – while in situation 2 you have to simply stay alive – there’s no timer – so you do a bit of damage every now and then and eventually win.

Exactly. It will be extremely hard for a group of all the same type of builds (dps) to complete. Bingo.

You do realize that build and gear type are completely different things, right?
Build means: weapons types, utility skills, traits, rune effects and sigil effects.
Gear type is gear type. They are not one and the same.

No. True, they’ll survive much more easily, but they’re turning a sprint event into a marathon. They’re both difficult. Spend 8 minutes fighting a boss at high intensity. Spend an hour fighting a boss at a lower intensity. It’s just different forms of difficult.

Except doing 1 hour of netflix and chill while staying alive is much easier than just performing at 100% during those 8 minutes.
Honestly – don’t you see that safe semi-afk strategies are only going to ruin the content?

-Remove all waypoints in a zone except one. This way you can still actually get~ to that zone with relative ease.

This is just wow.

-Include several higher tiers of gear above ascended, perhaps even above legendary. (carrots on sticks work wonders)

With this I conclude this must be a troll post.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Yeah – check the number of posts the OP has in total – definitely troll alt account.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

My Suggested Changes

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

Hi,

RAIDS

Interesting analogy… Let me have a go:

Seems like you intended to join a Formula 1 race driving your monster truck because that is what you enjoy. A car like that will be able to take on any terrain without any worry.
People don’t want to take you along, though. You simply lack the major requirement for the race: Speed. Well, and they actually want to win this race.
You could have decided to drive something like a nascar. Some hybrid car with good speed and the ability to take on difficult terrain to some degree. You refuse.

Does said race need to be changed?

or

Are you too inflexible to pick another car?
Are you too stubborn to pick another car?
Did you pick the wrong race?

(edited by Henry.5713)