Needs Some Help with AC

Needs Some Help with AC

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

I’m playing support ele and I have never had such a problem, i just heal/buff everyone and noone dies Too bad that in the most cases ppl just want everyone to be full berserkers and don’t want me sometimes…

I’d take a support ele over yet another zerk guy… the contribution and difference they make, specially while pugging with random people is amazing.

Most of the support in this game is hard coded into skills/traits with little scalability from gear. Gearing for anything except dps only prolongs a fight opening the party up to further attacks. A berserker ele played well can support just as well but also deals like 5x more damage so the threat is eliminated faster.

I know, but I still prefer someone who likes paying support and does it well rather than someone who will go min/max toward dps and be on water for like 1 second to go back to another elem. I’m no one to judge how others enjoy their video game time so I won’t poke on someone who can’t dodge, this (ele) guy will let him last longer and have more fun, thus, I’ll have more fun and we can all laugh like a bunch of ewoks in the forest while slashing foes without worries.

Besides I couldn’t care less about how long the dungeon is, I don’t pretend to have better things to do when I’m actually on my relaxing time enjoying a video game. Unemployed kids tend to do this and get nervous if they “waste time” (biggest irony, they are playing a kitten video game!). I can’t care less for their “eliteness”.

So, hands down, come on in dedicated support guy making our life easier.

Ps. I’m sorry if I’m bringing common sense to the table, I know not many forum posters can handle that.

I Definitely don’t want to get in the middle of this, as I can see both sides pretty clearly, but FYI – a LH ele will be in water for the majority of the time they are swinging the lightning hammer (at least in the build I started with), but this doesn’t equal support, as they don’t have anything but the hammer skills available.

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

A LH dps ele supports much more than a cleric staff water ele.
Berserker does support even more than anything else.

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

If you are learning, don’t skip Kholer. It is one of the best bosses to learn the basics.

If you are experienced, don’t skip Kholer. It is one of the most fun fights in the game (and what is this game for if its not for fun battles) and has a big chest with chance of precursor drop. Easy money.

/flameshield

You, sir, are my hero. My prophet. We share the same thoughts. Please tell me you’re a woman so we can marry.
We’ll name our child after Kholer…!

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

He likes support eles though. Bet that ruined your fantasy.

Needs Some Help with AC

deSade.9437

That’s good, I’ll teach our son Kholer how to play dps, even if his mother doesn’t agree. /keeps dreaming about a Kholer fanclub

Needs Some Help with AC

deSade.9437

By the way, hi sweetie sorry if I didn’t log in but dis cold and sore throat were killing me.

Needs Some Help with AC

spoj.9672

Its ok, get better nub! <3

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I like playing support myself. So I some times traited support. But you need to check what you sacrifice.

You actually do heal alot more if you traited support for some class. But you need to sacrifice like 20-25% damage.

But if you wear cleric gear, it’ll get your crit chance and crit damage to like 13% and 0%. And you only get like 50% more healing.

And wearing knight gear is like saying I’m a bad dungeon player since I don’t support my group better and I need the toughness to survive.

Needs Some Help with AC

Anicetus.1253

“Support Build”?
The best supporting builds are those that allow you to stay alive and maximize your damage output.
0/0/10/30/30 ele sucks as supporting, 30/30/0/10/0 doesn’t.

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

If you are learning, don’t skip Kholer. It is one of the best bosses to learn the basics.

If you are experienced, don’t skip Kholer. It is one of the most fun fights in the game (and what is this game for if its not for fun battles) and has a big chest with chance of precursor drop. Easy money.

/flameshield

You, sir, are my hero. My prophet. We share the same thoughts. Please tell me you’re a woman so we can marry.
We’ll name our child after Kholer…!

lol, sry to dissapoint you but i have more hair that you would like.

He likes support eles though. Bet that ruined your fantasy.

well well well,… we meet again Mr Strawman… making false statements out of nowhere again… I said I’d take a support ele over a random zerkling, not that I’m fond with support ele’s. It’s not like you will see 5 zerk players maximize in damage dying over and over again in the spider, right? close minded zerklings use to go all for zerk stats and forget that a simple bleeding can kill them… nobody has group heals, group cleanse, and after their super master elite player first, second, and third? dodge is out, they died… in the first boss of the whole game. Pathetic zerklings at their finest!

So under this very common scenario, I’d rather take that support ele. Not only because he is useful, but also cause I know he is having fun playing that way and not as a zerkling just because he read on the forums he has to.

Ps. I have 2 out of my 3 80s on full zerk so don’t come preach on me boy, I know how to play a zerk char; problem is that the stupid “elitism” around these forums is misguiding new and old players and not letting them have fun with the play stile of their choice.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

yolo I guess

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Needs Some Help with AC

spoj.9672

@Mesket

You really need to be less serious.

Also I heard you play full zerk on some of your 80’s. Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I thought we were beacon of hope, that we were not misguiding new people. Oh.

Needs Some Help with AC

Mesket.5728

@Mesket

You really need to be less serious.

Also I heard you play full zerk on some of your 80’s. Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

lol, hey I’m not always that serious; but it’s true that some topics trigger my nerd rage more than others. I’ll give you that.-

I thought we were beacon of hope, that we were not misguiding new people. Oh.

a plain: zerk > everything is more misinforming than helpful. Taking party set up and trait/utilities choice for granted can be deadly.

Needs Some Help with AC

haviz.1340

a plain: zerk > everything is more misinforming than helpful. Taking party set up and trait/utilities choice for granted can be deadly.

Zerk is the average Joe build.

Needs Some Help with AC

Mesket.5728

It is… pug 100 players; over 80 will be ermegherdimazerhg (including me why not)

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

I got banned again for questioning Zelyhns french heritage

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Needs Some Help with AC

haviz.1340

I got banned again for questioning Zelyhns french heritage

Needs Some Help with AC

haviz.1340

It is… pug 100 players; over 80 will be ermegherdimazerhg (including me why not)

I think we’re pugging differently. I did about 5 arah p3 runs with a friend and no one except us had zerker armour.

Needs Some Help with AC

Mesket.5728

I think we’re pugging differently. I did about 5 arah p3 runs with a friend and no one except us had zerker armour.

Then you had better/worse luck than I do… (depends on the point of view)

Needs Some Help with AC

Anicetus.1253

Must have been painful.

Needs Some Help with AC

haviz.1340

Must have been painful.

Dead dps = no dps.

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: hybrid.5027

hybrid.5027

Dub, really?

I know who I am, do you know who you are?

Needs Some Help with AC

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

I Definitely don’t want to get in the middle of this, as I can see both sides pretty clearly, but FYI – a LH ele will be in water for the majority of the time they are swinging the lightning hammer (at least in the build I started with), but this doesn’t equal support, as they don’t have anything but the hammer skills available.

Lightning hammer has constant blast finishers(for teammate’s fields) and a couple of CC skills to use as interrupts. Not all support comes from green numbers.

I find most puggers are usually in AC gear or karma armor from my experience, that hints towards soldiers and other even less favorable combinations. The real number of people who run full scholar/berserk is probably less than 10%. Rubies is probably 20% max. Source: I pug almost exclusively.

Needs Some Help with AC

Anicetus.1253

Dub, really?

Jealous?

Needs Some Help with AC

Mesket.5728

Lightning hammer has constant blast finishers(for teammate’s fields) and a couple of CC skills to use as interrupts. Not all support comes from green numbers.

I find most puggers are usually in AC gear or karma armor from my experience, that hints towards soldiers and other even less favorable combinations. The real number of people who run full scholar/berserk is probably less than 10%. Rubies is probably 20% max. Source: I pug almost exclusively.

I pug every day and all i see is little cofy demons with their “look at me i can haz fire!” armor. Those you usually see decorating the floor on mass events. If they go or don’t go full scholars or ruby I can’t tell but man, you only need to link a piece of gear without zerk stats and you will start receiving the usual: “its not zerk its useless!”, “You link bad gear you must be bad!”, “Zerk is optimal, thus you must be fat and ugly!”