Never doing exp Arah again - fire this employee

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: dre.8973

dre.8973

Who ever is responsible for the steaming pile of garbage that is the Arah bosses needs to be fired and never given a job in the gaming industry again.

Let me explain.

I join a group for Arah exp path with the Lupicus boss – giant wolf zombie.

up till 75% it’s alright, boss is decent, then at 75% – ONE SHOT AOE SPAMS on your entire group – so you have to kite him to the WP, then spam death-respawn to kill him, then phase 3 hits, he aoe 1 shots every one around him, knocking you down before hand so you can’t even dodge the attack. Meanwhile he’s stealing HP.

He bugs continuously and resets to full hp almost always.

The entire boss fight is spent naked or with broken gear, if you don’t play the fight naked you can expect a 2-3gold repair bill / 20 minutes.

TLDR: have to use crap game mechanics and exploit the WP spawning to get boss to WP then have to die nonstop and respawn naked to kill him.

NOT FUN – NOT WORTH IT – FIRE THIS DESIGNER HE’S NOT SANE.

the same crazy designer who expects people to kill the mobs on the magg timed event..

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Its a good boss.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

this is actually one of the best boss fights ingame, up there with Subject Alpha

although i hear he is currently bugged in the latest build and resets randomly, which is a bug and a big one at that.

other than that the Boss is fine as anyone with any experience can tell you in phase 2 and 3 he chases the person with the highest toughness around constantly, which is good because he’s the guy taking the majority of the damage.

you only make it harder fighting him at the waypoint because your FoV is decreased and there is less room to move.

Posted by: Craig.7462

Craig.7462

They need to make dodging lessons mandatory. Seriously, plenty of people have done Giganticus just fine. If you stopped trying to blame the boss mechanics and looked at your own play, you’d see there’s plenty you can improve on. I mean, how do you even get knocked down on p3? There’s a big circle surrounding him and it’s probably the longest ability channel in the game. Learn how to dodge efficiently and you will have no trouble with this boss guaranteed.

Posted by: Gab Superstar.4059

Gab Superstar.4059

Best boss fight in the game so far (only did 21/25 explorable paths).

Very Good Detectives [VGD]
Devonas Rest 4 lyfe

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The hardest boss in Arah is the door before the instance that’s been closed for 2 days on Desolation EU server making it impossible to run the Arah dungeon. The undefeated champion!

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

It’s a good boss, because it does more than 1 thing unlike other bosses in the game, and it requires you to know how to dodge and use defensive skills well. This boss is one of the main reasons I like to do Arah.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Yezhik.2071

Yezhik.2071

We had a party member that qq’d about that boss and did exactly what you did to beat him.
I said proper teamwork is what gets it done, we got 3more reliable people, got up to that boss, wiped on 2nd phase.

Discussed a strategy, got back in, were at max range(1200) phase 2 hits, dodge as soon as you see red circles, 3rd phase don’t stay near him, stun break out poison bubble, and when he does the death scream or whatever comes out of his mouth, get to his side.

10minutes of coordinated play, and we beat him.

The employee who did CoE should have a stern talking to.

First 50% is the exact same for all explorables, and subject alpha is fought 3 times in each explorable mode.

You guys get lazy or something? At least rename him to beta or something.

Yezhik – Guardian
VexX
www.vexxgaming.com

Posted by: ecthelion.6794

ecthelion.6794

Yes, the 3rd Arah boss is overpowered and not in a fun way.

As for firing people… Trust me bud, there’s a long list of people behind this game that should never work in the industry again.

They took an extremely well conceived and executed game in GW1, made a few improvements, and then basically messed up all the rest.

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

You do realize your actually EXPLOITING this boss by pulling him to the waypoint? The boss does NOT reset randomly. IF no one hits him for 6 secs you fall out of combat. Thats when he resets if no one is in combat with him. IE: everyone stops hitting him to rez someone. You can ALSO just run away from him for 6 secs and get out of combat and just heal up when your health gets low. ALSO did you know a daze will interrupt ALL of his skills even tho the animation continues? IF you coordinate well you can totally negate both of his health regens.

Frankly, your just doing it wrong.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Giganticus Lupicus is the best boss I found in this game so far. We need more of him and possibly even tougher ones. GL becomes boring after you know his tricks.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Joxy.6879

Joxy.6879

He doesnt one shot unless you are running with 13k HP which means, either you’re in full glass cannon build and maybe you should think about getting some vitality gear so he doesn’t one shot you or you’re just undergeared and you’re trying to do the last instance in the game undergeared.
You should really youtube some video about this boss before saying he bugs out and one shot everyone.
And you can definitly kill the mobs in the magg event.

Giganticus lupicus

(I do go down but it was never a one shot situation)

Magg bomb encounter:

(edited by Joxy.6879)

Posted by: SideStep.1347

SideStep.1347

Most of the dungeons are like that.

No one can have a good time on them.

And I though Dark Souls was artificially hard, but this!!

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

He doesnt one shot unless you are running with 13k HP which means, either you’re in full glass cannon build and maybe you should think about getting some vitality gear so he doesn’t one shot you or you’re just undergeared and you’re trying to do the last instance in the game undergeared.

The first time I did him undergeared at 11.5K HP and even then I didn’t get 1-shot by him. He hits 10K or so I think.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

This is not a boss for pugs,
people who cannot afford to run a dungeon,
people who cannot communicate,
people who are easy to qq.

Now i did path 2 and 3 everyday, pretty close to whole set of gear.
But still, sometimes I met bad folks who refused to put gear on in front of this boss.

I really want this boss cannot be dragged to the waypont (to be fixed?)
so that pugs and bad folks would have a really hard time on it.

However, I would still drag it if I got some noobs on my party since I don’t really want to solo it.

Posted by: Eli Stormstrike.8637

Eli Stormstrike.8637

Warrior’s Perspective – Arah Explorable – Giganticus Lupicus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9DCH3VSsHA

Traits and Spec
http://upload.cip.nu/pfile.php?file_id=2363

Our fourth Giganticus Kill overall, and second attempt this run, same team all times;
80 Warrior – Me (Spec can be seen at end)
80 Mesmer
80 Thief
80 Ranger
80 Elementalist – Pugged

Phase 1: He will spawn Risen Grubs on players and Locust Swarms that can overwhelm the group, so stack up on eachother. Grubs are a priority, as he becomes harder, gaining +1000 power and +1000 armor for each grub he eats. In this video, me and the thief were killing the adds.

Phase 2: He will become invulnerable for a few seconds, after which you should spread. He will perform mass aoe, hitting for up to 14k, after which he will charge someone in the group continuously, and you will need to dodge these shadow walks as soon as he comes out of them. He will also throw random green rays at players.

Phase 3: He will target someone and chase them, often throwing life-draining bubbles that you will need to dodge, sometimes throwing green rays, sometimes floating up the air and draining life in mass aoe and sometimes doing a green carpet bomb with his hands. Kite him and spawn as many adds as you can in this phase to confuse him.

Pro Tips: Don’t revive unless safe.
Retreat to waypoint ASAP if dead.
Retrait and spec for survival, rather than glass cannon pure DPS.
Be patient, it can take a long while before your group is able to kill him, but once it is done, the boss becomes easier with each kill.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

You should try balthazar event. Every single one of his attacks one shots you, and there are dozens of veterans mobs running around with a champion abomination, that also one shot you.

Been days that my server is unable to complete that fight.

Now as for lupicus, he is a really easy fight once you figure out his patterns and attacks. In the 2nd phase, just stay at max range possible of him and when you see it using the aoe animation, run away on the opposite side. There are so much space in that room that you can actually recover your hp, if you run far enough.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Posted by: Kevin.2176

Kevin.2176

Retrait and spec for survival, rather than glass cannon pure DPS.

My whole party is traited/geared for pure DPS and our kill is 1/4 as short as yours.

Learning to dodge his attacks and damage mitigation is far more important, also shorter kill time allow shorter phases and less chances for mistakes.

Posted by: Eurosdown.6072

Eurosdown.6072

My group got up to him in the dungeon, had a couple wipes because none of us had done him before (but we figured out the grubs were giving the buff to him so for our level of experience I thought we were doing well) then someone has to go, and when we finally find a replacement, both he and the person who went outside to find someone were both put into another instance, and we had to call the run.

I think the dungeon is doable with enough patience but way too long. I like the way the Arah sets look but they are just not worth the pain.

Posted by: Meek.2651

Meek.2651

It pains me to see people complain about this boss so much. Most people spent their time doing the wall jump that they never even tried to figure Giganticus out. My guild and I have beaten him literally over 30 times. Today we had to pick up a random warrior because we were short one. To no surprise, he wanted us to do the waypoint exploit (which we have never even heard of until today) and insisted that we would be wasting our time by killing him in the room because it is “impossible.” Of course we rejected the idea of it and the warrior became frustrated at us because he was confident we were going to wipe. Beat giganticus in 1 go, ( and of course the warrior probably 20times, he died literally everytime he ran back into the room) completed the dungeon in 1hour 10mins. He of course ate his words and was shocked beyond belief that we actually killed it. If this boss is that hard for you, then you don’t know how to play your class or this game well at all. I’ve had every class in there with me and trust me, they do just fine aslong as they know how to play their class. I’ve had an elementalist tank the boss for us just fine. Oh and, I make atleast 40-50s per run with reward + junk items.

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

AoE oneshot? Wow, how many grubs did you let him eat to get oneshot?

Anyways, just don’t rez people unless you have some CDs ready that make it safe. If you stand still long enough to fully rez someone, you have to get real lucky to not die. This is probably one of the few fights where bads going down can really drag down the group by a lot.

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

The problem with people complaining about this dungeon is that the vast majority haven’t even completed all the previous dungeons and some haven’t done any at all.

Throughout all the dungeons leading up to Arah you learn all the mechanics, you improve your skill and profession understanding. You end up finding people who are also skilled and reliable and whom you learn to play as a team with.

This process is entirely skipped by most of the people who complain. I don’t understand why people do Arah knowing it’s the highest level dungeon in game and expect it to be easy.

If you struggle in Arah I’d advice to go do all the other dungeons on all the paths. If you can get through all of them with your team then you should be able to tackle Arah (with patience… and if they finally open the gate to allow access to the instance in Desolation!)

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

Posted by: Orcao.6419

Orcao.6419

Lupicus is one of the best boss fights in the game right now (and he’s in EVERY Arah Explorable path). The ONLY time shoddy game mechanics get in the way of this fight is when your dodge roll takes the endurance, does half the animation and doesn’t work, but this isn’t a problem with the boss so much as just a rare bug with the game. Instead of freaking out, try looking at what happens.

Phase 1 has two valid approaches. On one hand you can do it as intended and take it slow. Kill grubs as soon as they spawn, dps lupicus in between them. This way you don’t deal with his increase damage buff in the later phases. This way is prone to mistakes, and really you end up with the same stacks as the alternate approach, but you take 10x the time. The other approach is to just burn him. Ignore everything, burn him (preferably with AoEs to kill the locusts). You’ll only have 3-6 stacks when he shifts phases, and those are all VERY manageable.

Phase 2. Be Ranged. COMPLETELY manageable. My last run through Arah was on the Jotun path, everyone else died on phase 2. I managed to stay alive while damaging him with just myself (so the single target machine gun was all on me, not alternating between targets) long enough for them to run back from the WP. If you’re unfamiliar with the Jotun path, you get practically no Waypoints, and there’s a lot of clearing done prior to Lupicus. Admittedly I died just as they got back, but he didn’t reset. If I can survive for that long solo, then you should have no problem with him splitting single target balls/charges amongst your party.

Some tips for phase 2:

Bring defensive skills. Any skill that gives you immunity/block/evasion/health. Use Ranged weapons. Guardians, remember you can hit F3 if you really need it, bring Retreat!, bring a stun breaker.

When he does the AoE Spam don’t freak out. Play chicken with it. Count to 2 in your head from when the circles spawn (DO NOT MOVE!), dodge roll to somewhere safe and try to stay out of the circles. By not moving for as long as possible you cause a lot of the circles to stack onto where you were initially, this leaves more safe spots.

Bring pets (be able to get rid of them though, pets are bad for phase 3!). Pets will die fairly fast, but they’ll also eat the single target ball spam.

Stay moving when he isn’t AoEing, you will occasionally juke the single target ball spam.

Dodge roll if he shadow steps to you. First he evades, then he fades out, then you see a projectile coming your way. You have all of the time in the world to go “Oh, I should roll now…”

Phase 3. Ranged. Bring slows. Chill/Cripple/Immobilize = Easiest phase. If you’re the one he loves, kite and spam ranged attacks. If you’re trapped in the bubble BLOW EVERY DEFENSIVE THING YOU HAVE. Heck, have 2 sets of defensive things! Teleports can get you out, occasionally you can walk out of it… more reliably you’ll live through defensive skills. DO NOT USE PETS. Pets will sit on him and die quickly, even worse they’ll sit in his giant AoE Life Drain, healing any damage that they would have done and then some.

In regards to him resetting, have not had this problem. I’ve only seen him reset when we come close to wiping and someone gets in the room as the last person dies and then doesn’t hit him. Just being in the room isn’t enough, always be hitting him.

In regards to spec, anything should work. Just have a ranged weapon. The fight will be faster if you’re specced for it, sure, but you don’t need to have a specific build for Lupicus. You should change your utility skills to survive through what you need to, and if this means you have major traits that don’t do anything, then change the major traits to something that does anything remotely useful.

Yes, he’s difficult at first, but once you get the hang of it he’s not that bad. My guild went from wipign constantly for 2 hours to now reliably getting him down in one attempt over the course of one day. The trick is to just watch his mechanics. Don’t see AoEs and go “OMG CIRCLES EVERYWHERE WTKitten INSTANT DEATH!!!!!!” watch the mechanics, take it slow, and try to beat it. This applies to (almost) every boss in the game, not just Lupicus. Sure there are some fights (like pre-nerf Effigy and Collosus Path Lovers Room) that are near impossible without specific setups, but most were designed with generic parties in mind.

(edited by Orcao.6419)

Posted by: Gorge Express.7163

Gorge Express.7163

Just gotta get used to the fight. In a few months, everyone will be talking about how easy this guy is.

Maybe anet should prepare in advance, and patch him so that each of his AoE’s summons a champion icebrood wolf!

Posted by: foozlesprite.8051

foozlesprite.8051

I did this dungeon for the first time tonight. I’ve had lots of experience with hard content (dungeons and raids) in several MMOs. It’s my second explorable dungeon (I’ve done all the TA paths), and I did it with a PUG. We did the seer path.

I’ve never come closer to crying from an MMO.

Everyone else knew what they were doing going in, and explained it to me. Giganticus posed zero problem; it went flawlessly even for me, a first-timer. But Simin posed a definite problem. In the end, even going in with 4/5 of us knowing the fight and me doing nothing wrong despite not knowing the fight, we spent 5+ hours in this dungeon to clear it. I think the fight might be enjoyable with people you know that are competent, but I never want to run that with a pickup again. If that’s how bad it was with people already knowing what to do….

Given, the whole group was a disaster. We lost 4 people over the course of the dungeon that we had to replace, people kept ignoring my questions despite knowing that I was new to it, the thief took it upon themselves to run ahead while we were waiting for people and pull large groups solo. The biggest issue was all the skipping of content—everyone wanted to run past trash mobs to get the dungeon done, but nobody stayed together and often we’d wipe or lose party members and have to wait to continue or restart to get them. This, to me, is an issue with dungeon design.

Please, make every boss drop tokens again. I’m sick of groups skipping content to get to the end despite the extra hassle caused by wipes when running. Either that or get rid of most of the trash. Guild Wars 2 is supposed to be fun and not grindy or exasperating, and while some of the fights in here WERE fun, I seriously almost cried at the end of the 5 or 6 hours when we finally finished. I was so glad to be out of there with my 60 tokens.

I appreciate difficult content. But this…was a bit much.

Posted by: spreadsheets.9805

spreadsheets.9805

Simin isn’t even difficult, she’s a simple DPS check.

You wouldn’t call Patchwerk difficult just because he kills undergeared groups. Just like that, Simin is way easier with high DPS groups. The mechanics themselves are really simple.

Posted by: foozlesprite.8051

foozlesprite.8051

It’s possible that my group was using a weird strat or something; she did seem like she was harder than she should have been. I was specced for support; if I ever run that path again I’ll be sure to go in a hybrid/more DPSy spec.

Regardless of Simin, I still feel like there’s a bit of an issue with the dungeon design with all the training past trash I’ve seen. I understand that nobody likes trash, but when this fail group wants to straggle along, sometimes wiping, leaving people all over the place to get past the trash rather than killing it (which would have been less frustrating over the course of the dungeon)…there needs to be an incentive to kill the trash.

(As a side note, I’ve really got to find a decent guild in this game so I can avoid PUGs like that.)

Posted by: Akame.1073

Akame.1073

done it with a pug , only 1 in the group had encountered it , 3 x whipie; 4 thime went flawleslly once all understood what he does …i think you re just bad

Posted by: Scapogo.6047

Scapogo.6047

I agree with OP.

No more Arah for me after experience today. 3 diferent groups 2 paths (Jotun and second one) all failed. Just wasted lots of time in there and if i dont need it for legendary i would not even bother thinking about it.

It was stated by Anet that game should be fun at first place and this is just frustration and thats it.

We did kill few bosse some has nice ideas but everything is ruined if i can get one shot as guardian defensive/support build. Except 2 items i am all exotic for vit and tough but it doesnt help.

Just give us normal and hard mode. Let those ppl who like it have this hard mode and do something for normal ppl who want to have fun.

Even in my guild there is almost noone willing to do Araha any more. There are some exceptions but…

Posted by: emanueldst.8049

emanueldst.8049

and the day will come when people realize they can actually dodge those attacks that one-shot em…

Posted by: Gordok.2146

Gordok.2146

I just think Arah path 1 should have the same wp as the other paths. I’ve pugged him more than a few times now on other paths without using the wp exploit but hav’nt been able to get a group that can do it on path 1. Not saying it’s impossible, just saying it should be the same as the other paths.

(edited by Gordok.2146)

Posted by: Joxy.6879

Joxy.6879

I don’t understand why you’re complaining about the last dungeon in the game. You are supposed to communicate with the people you group with and know how to play your class to be able to finish dungeons but you just expect to be able to run through it with a bunch of pugs? What is the point of playing the game if it’s not challenging?

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I look forward to the day that every boss gets a door on their room and a waypoint right outside that. Graveyard zerging is stupid and running for five minutes after dying is stupid. Fix em both in one go and also force people to L2P in the process.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Here you go OP. Have a cookie

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Guide-to-Kill-Giganticus-Lupicus-in-the-Arah-Dungeon/first#post368910

They should have a talk with the people who nerfed Arah. Now its too easy. The abominations that used to be champions certainly dont need to be silver mobs. Now it allows groups to clear half the steps, and ignore the rest, including the random corpses.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: SgtSarcasm.1653

SgtSarcasm.1653

Thank you, OP. I laughed pretty hard.
Giganticus Lupicus is actually the most fun boss in the game, right now. I wish more of the bosses were as challenging as he is.

Sadly, we have a lot of pathetic easymode bosses like Jotun Stargazer (seriously, stand around and reflect his attacks back at him with the crystals until he dies), Operative Brie (mursaat final boss) is a complete joke as well. Actually, the majority of the dungeon bosses are just a big pile of HP with maybe 1 mechanic you need to look out for. No complexity at all in the designs.

I hope they make future explorer dungeon paths have bosses like Giganticus, because I can see myself quickly growing tired of doing dungeons the way they are now.

PS: If you know what you’re doing, you can 3-4man Giganticus (done it a few times now).

Khaine [80 Guardian] – Night of Wallachia [80 Warrior]
Minister of Fear [80 Necromancer] @Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It’s slightly bugged at times, but the difficulty is acceptable. (It resets randomly, with ppl hitting him in the chamber)

Posted by: Lucas Ashrock.8675

Lucas Ashrock.8675

The only real problem doing pug arah, is communication. 99% of the pugs i met, is just by people who don’t read 1 single line of my explanation of the battle.
If you’re lucky just 1 of your group is reading and applying the strategy, others are just a bunch of loser zergs picked from their wvw/DE farm throw in a serious place where wow, you have to dodge, and hell, you have to play smartly too. Gosh

Dungeon Master http://i.imgur.com/Hoqw3.jpg ME http://i.imgur.com/R41MGzB.jpg Fractal Guild Promoter

Posted by: SgtSarcasm.1653

SgtSarcasm.1653

It’s slightly bugged at times, but the difficulty is acceptable. (It resets randomly, with ppl hitting him in the chamber)

In my experience, this only happens if

a) you run out of his room (not sure if just the one who has aggro runs out resets him, or if everyone who is in combat with him has to)
b) run to the far edge of the room to get out of combat (again, same as above)

Khaine [80 Guardian] – Night of Wallachia [80 Warrior]
Minister of Fear [80 Necromancer] @Far Shiverpeaks EU

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

We want Hard bosses! Once they get them, they say they are too hard, aka Gigantus Lupicus and Subject Alpha (which both are doable and showed off many people).

We want longer dungeons! We got Arah explorable that some past last 1h-2h+, people can’t finish it cause they go total berseker on it or thinking that bosses are going to be standing, tanking, healing and dps them, without changing the mentality that this is a new game, and they can’t finish, they QQ that dungeons are hard.

To be honest I’m fed up, everytime if I don’t go with people that does listen and follow is a chaos, once I get a person that comes to TS3 talks with us, tell us the skills, what we can do and combine ourselves, it’s the way to go and this takes 5MIN!

I think many feel the way I do, people nowadays complain more than actually play and camp forums.
Complain about bugs, and do suggestions to make the game better, sometimes you can get angry and such, but do not complain about things that are up to me and deny that they exist, like many people do.

Posted by: Cotillion.7435

Cotillion.7435

I’m pretty sure he will spawn grubs on clones/phantasms and possibly pets. If anything this is something that needs to be addressed because spamming greatsword 1 for 2 minutes in P1 sucks.

Posted by: DeadlyStormZ.2370

DeadlyStormZ.2370

The boss is fine. L2P

Posted by: Manasa Devi.7958

Manasa Devi.7958

The problem with people complaining about this dungeon is that the vast majority haven’t even completed all the previous dungeons and some haven’t done any at all.

Throughout all the dungeons leading up to Arah you learn all the mechanics, you improve your skill and profession understanding. You end up finding people who are also skilled and reliable and whom you learn to play as a team with.

This process is entirely skipped by most of the people who complain. I don’t understand why people do Arah knowing it’s the highest level dungeon in game and expect it to be easy.

If you struggle in Arah I’d advice to go do all the other dungeons on all the paths. If you can get through all of them with your team then you should be able to tackle Arah (with patience… and if they finally open the gate to allow access to the instance in Desolation!)

Probably because a great many people don’t bother with dungeons before their personal stories end up at the “Kill Zhaitan” objective, and then they go to Arah because they want to finish the story.

Putting the eighth dungeon at the end of the story, while making all other dungeons optional is an odd choice. They should either not put a dungeon at the end, or include them all in the personal story.

Another reason: people won’t bother with dungeons that won’t give them a reward they care about. People preview all the armors in LA and many of them decide upon the Arah armor.

With no good incentive to do something, it’s no great surprise people won’t do it.

(edited by Manasa Devi.7958)

Posted by: Tewi.2184

Tewi.2184

GL was difficult the first time, but after going up against him a couple more times since then, he started to get as fun as Subject Alpha.

Posted by: Paulus magintie.7432

Paulus magintie.7432

As for firing people… Trust me bud, there’s a long list of people behind this game that should never work in the industry again.

They took an extremely well conceived and executed game in GW1, made a few improvements, and then basically messed up all the rest.

You have no idea how game development works do you? Just because they made a good game over the course of 5 years with expansions and bug fixes during its life span does not mean they can make a perfect game from scratch.

Think about it, different engine, different graphics,animations, model’s, fighting mechanics and god knows what else I didn’t list.

This is a completely different game you cannot compare it to Guild Wars 1 and say it should work like it. Not even Blizzard who is the king of MMO’s can make a perfect MMO from scratch its just not possible.

Posted by: mistermoo.6720

mistermoo.6720

Oh please. Take your inflated sense of entitlement and faux-expertise on “the industry” and shove it.

Posted by: Ebon.7641

Ebon.7641

Overtuned IMO, especially when you compare it to other bosses of the game (and of Arah itself).

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

As a rule, if you are graveyard-rushing a boss, there is most certainly a better way to do it.

The hardest boss in Arah is the door before the instance that’s been closed for 2 days on Desolation EU server making it impossible to run the Arah dungeon. The undefeated champion!

I loled

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Posted by: eladsalad.3579

eladsalad.3579

Too many zealots on this forum. Arah is stupid and boring. Dungeons are stupid and frustrating. Diablo 3 showed us that running around in circles gets old very quickly.

Stop kidding yourselves, this isn’t what you wanted from Guild Wars 2, its just a disorganized mess.

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

the board an quoting, you know

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

Stop kidding yourselves, this isn’t what you wanted from Guild Wars 2, its just a disorganized mess.

If organized means that we have a tank and a healer that do all the “hard work” so that 3 rather brainless dds can do some damage GW2 is exactly what I wanted.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)