New FOTM drop rate

New FOTM drop rate

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: David.9807

David.9807

Dear Anet,
I’m very dissappointed with the new drop rate of fractal weapon skins since the fractured update. Started doing fotm in the old system, from a few 20+ runs i got 2 ascended weapon chests and 1 fractal weapon (ofc in the old system). Me and my guildmates waited for the fractured update with high hopes, but what we actually got is everything except “more profitable”…. So now we will be rewarded with 1-1,5 gold/full run, that’s nice… But why are ppl going to FOTM? Ofc to get the desired wepon skin, or collect some ascended weapon/armor, what is currently quite impossible. I always wanted a fractal greatsword, sword and staff skin, I think i worked for them hard enough, but did I get any of them? No. Dear developers and economists do you know what most of the players feel after doing hundreds of fotm runs and still get nothing they really wanted? What i personally feel spending hours in fotm every single day, and still nothing? It is simply very very disappointing. Were your goal to make a legendary easier than getting for example a fractal greatsword skin? That happened to me, exactly.
With all of my kindness and respect, please can u give us at least answer maybe it will change one day? We are going to be able to drop maybe a “box”, from we can pick up that skin, which we always wanted?
All of my guildies who farmed fotm in the old system have bank pages from fotm weapon skins…
At the end, how much time i spent in fotm:
-for 1-1,5 months did everyday 11+, 21+ and 31+
-since 2 weeks everyday 49 and some lower level daily chests..
And now, what i got:
1 fractal weapon skin, 2 asc weapon chests

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: PowerCat.5738

PowerCat.5738

I just wish we could use pristine relics to obtain these!

20 relics for a skin? 200 for a weapon chest? what could be a reasonable exchange?

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

I did like 400+ runs of 28lvl fractals before fractured update and i got only warhorn fractal skin. I started to do fotm again, i am doing fotm for almost 2 weeks on every day basis (28-34lvl) and got dredge for 5 times (i know) and reward ? Nothing. 2 rings that i will never equip. This rng system is incredibly bad, especially, if you can obtain some item only via reward chest.

Weapon skins should be for fractal relics like some skins for badge of honor or even better for pristines (no i dont have any).

I would be happy to get some daggers, swords for my toons ^^.

(edited by Zahrexsiiszb.8472)

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: SirDrygan.1823

SirDrygan.1823

It’s not that the rng is bad, it’s how they set the rng that is bad. You see, they can’t just increased the drop rate as this will cause more players to get the drops. And in the first place they want people to stay on in the game. If the players already gotten everything obtainable, they will move on to other games. The rng at least makes people want to grind for a very rare item that may drop in a decade or so(exaggerating). However, setting this is a double edge sword as some might get frustrated and leave either way.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

It’s not that the rng is bad, it’s how they set the rng that is bad. You see, they can’t just increased the drop rate as this will cause more players to get the drops. And in the first place they want people to stay on in the game. If the players already gotten everything obtainable, they will move on to other games. The rng at least makes people want to grind for a very rare item that may drop in a decade or so(exaggerating). However, setting this is a double edge sword as some might get frustrated and leave either way.

You have a better chance at hitting the lottery irl – then getting a weapon you want to drop with the correct prefix in fractals.

As I said many times before- The time investment/risk vs the reward in this game is broken.

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I the last 3 weeks with 2 FotM runs x day I have received either horrid rings with horrid stats (The only fairly decent I got was Lunaria) OR Empyreal Fragments (And this happened after a dreadfully horrid almost 2-hours long Dredge with a dreadful team -.-) Will to run fractals jump on me please… -.-

\||||||/
O°v°O

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

Agree with this, after 472 fractals complete I obtained 1 harpoon skin.. I have no intention of wastein any more time hunting these skins unless they become purchasable with relics.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Agree with this, after 472 fractals complete I obtained 1 harpoon skin.. I have no intention of wastein any more time hunting these skins unless they become purchasable with relics.

Just out of curiosity, how long does your average fractal run take ?

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Fortunately, the next CDI for PvE is about the Fractals!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/The-New-CDI-Topics/first

They haven’t started the thread yet, but these ideas of yours should go in there once it starts if you want your ideas to possibly help shape the game.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: ATMAvatar.5749

ATMAvatar.5749

Just out of curiosity, how long does your average fractal run take ?

Sadly, that’s not an easy question to answer. There’s a huge variance between the fractals. Swamp can take less than 10 minutes, even in the 40s. Dredge can take a half hour (very generous – requires skilled group with the right class composition) to well over an hour.

When you consider that a full fractal run is 3 fractals plus the boss, an unlucky string of fractals and poor boss choice can push the whole thing over 2 hours. If you get lucky, the entire run takes 45 minutes or less.

Of course, even at 45 minutes, the rewards for the instance are generally poor when compared against the explorable dungeons. I haven’t gotten a fractal skin since the fractal patch, and I haven’t seen an ascended chest drop. I’ve gotten a handful of (mostly non-infused) rings, and even those only drop maybe 15% of the time.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

The new drop rates are terrible. I much prefer the chances of drops I had before. The worst is yet to come for you. Finish a few fractal 49 runs (dredge and all) and you might pick up that non infused ring at the end. That’s like an extra 4s for your troubles!

I’ve run all 3 ac paths in 45 minutes with a pug group. I can spend over an hour just on dredge with a pug. Then finish with the molten duo just to earn that non infused ring bonus.

I loved pushing myself to do fractals before, but the updates really took the enjoyment (rewards) out of it. They were quick to improve dredge so you couldn’t run it any faster than intended. Not so quick to listen to comments about rewards.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

The new drop rates are terrible. I much prefer the chances of drops I had before. The worst is yet to come for you. Finish a few fractal 49 runs (dredge and all) and you might pick up that non infused ring at the end. That’s like an extra 4s for your troubles!

I’ve run all 3 ac paths in 45 minutes with a pug group. I can spend over an hour just on dredge with a pug. Then finish with the molten duo just to earn that non infused ring bonus.

I loved pushing myself to do fractals before, but the updates really took the enjoyment (rewards) out of it. They were quick to improve dredge so you couldn’t run it any faster than intended. Not so quick to listen to comments about rewards.

^ This.
And no wonder I find less and less people on the LFG to team up with. Dare to even ask for “zerkers” or require specific professions/build to make it less painful, and you can wait 23 hours to fill your team -.-
And by the time it takes with the worst pugs to finish a FotM (let’s say Cliffside and Dredge+Molten duo) you’ll actually run full AC, full CoE (with just random pugs who know how to stack) and maybe even a CoF 1 and 2. -.- Rewards from the FotM nightmare=1.50+toughness/healing power/condition damage non-infused ring.
Random dungeons rewards=not less than 12 golds. (if RNG hates you)

\||||||/
O°v°O

(edited by Pip.2094)

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Naekuh.7925

Naekuh.7925

i think i offically gave up fotm when i realized i was getting more non infused rings then anything on a lvl50 instance.

I mean really? I already have enough of these rings im my storage which are already infused, do i need to add more non infused stuff to it?

And do you really call a non infused ring on a lvl50 instance a reward?

Anet i really wish you guys would remove the non infused from the drop tier after lvl20….

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Junkpile.7439

Junkpile.7439

Sounds to me that FotM drop rates are too high.

Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer’s Rest EotM grinch

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

FOTM drop rates are fine at lvl 50, it’s just they replaced fractal skins a bit in the drop table with ascended armor boxes and weapons. I got three weapons and 5 armor boxes since fractured (and I only recently came back to the game, didn’t do much fractals.)
Between box and frac skins I’d rather get boxes. Frac skins are mostly meh too.
http://i.imgur.com/n6smktm.jpg

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Indweller.1402

Indweller.1402

I have over 500+ fractals under my belt, with almost all of them lvl 28-50. I have received exactly 1 Fractal skin and 0, I said 0, chests of any sort. I stopped playing FOTM out of frustration bc I was not getting any chests, or, like some of you have said, a ring made only for the most noobish of players (tough, hp, cond…. I mean who plays with that).

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Zahrexsiiszb.8472

Zahrexsiiszb.8472

They haven’t started the thread yet, but these ideas of yours should go in there once it starts if you want your ideas to possibly help shape the game.

I gave up against them, i have no trust in anet anymore ^^.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

That whole thread is a waste of time. They will go on with it for days and, in the end, the only thing that will change is they will add more dredge.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

I’ve been running fractals obsessively since the dungeon was first introduced in November of 2012. In mid 2013 I was lucky enough to find a group of hardcore fractal players within my guild and we’ve been doing 38 and 48 (now 37 and 49 or 50) daily runs almost religiously ever since.

Prior to the Fractured update, we would usually see 1 or 2 weapon skins drop for the group on 48 daily runs (never the ones we want, of course), sometimes more, sometimes less. From my personal experience that drop rate has been pretty consistent for the 8 or 9 months I’ve been doing lvl 40+ fractals. I personally had a really bad stretch of rng where I didn’t get a skin for 8 or 10 weeks straight, but the overall drop rate within the group context remained constant.

Since November 26th (the fractured patch), I personally have only gotten 2 skins. More importantly however, we maybe see 1 skin a week within the entire group. Not 1 skin each, 1 skin total. They nerfed the drop rate of fractal skins into the ground. Plain and simple.

As far as ascended weapon and armor chests go, the drop rate pre and post patch seems about the same. They were really rare to begin with, so its hard to tell if they became any more rare. On a related topic, I reject the notion that the ascended boxes are influencing the weapon skin drop rate because the two are not mutually exclusive. You can get both a weapon skin and an ascended chest in the same daily reward from a single run. It’s happened to me twice- once pre patch and once post patch.

Zelendel

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

I average 1 skin per 10 fractal

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I think, doing a fractal 49/50 every day since around the fractured update, I have received 2 skins, a greatsword and axe, neither of which I want to use.

On the other hand, I am up to 10 ascended chests, 4 armour and 6 weapon chests, only one of those was berserker though :’(

Also, Lots and Lots of un infused condition rings

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

I m still getting skins ….. almost no weapon/armor chest but a decent amount of skins ( i don t need. i need ascended :/).

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: scanz.4536

scanz.4536

Was doing 19/29/38 3 or 4 times a week since the Fractured patch and have not seen a single skin drop and only 1 weapon chest. Given up on Fractals for now until they update the rewards and fix Dredge because the reward to time ratio simply doesn’t justify it.

New FOTM drop rate

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

I have 280 total fractals completed. Got a torch skin before Fractured and a trident skin and a weapon chest after Fractured.

The uninfused ring drop rate is stupid though. I get so many of the kitten things and they’re utterly useless.