Nice prices on ascended salvage kits

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Really cool though. “You will be able to salvage all those useless rings we kept giving you pretending they are actual rewards”.
For just 1g each.

Posted by: Exos.3472

Exos.3472

Just… Why ?

Now that most of our current farming places have been guttered, that the gold income is low and that we have to invest heavily to get back into fractals (consumables, ascend gear…)

Just… Why ?

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I like it.

The highest tier of salvaging should have a cost barrier, otherwise it makes getting those legendary parts trivial and meaningless. Looking forward to salvaging my 400 or so rings when i finish downloading the patch.

Posted by: stephoa.7082

stephoa.7082

Gold sink hype!

Always looking for friends! Add me on EU or NA!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

1g for a single use?

Posted by: araskell.9018

araskell.9018

Yes, 1 gold and 2 pristine fractal relic for one use, or 20g and 40 pristine for a stack of 20.

Lunas Deathwish | FA WvW – [BOMB]

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Stack of 25 ;-)

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

I like it.

The highest tier of salvaging should have a cost barrier, otherwise it makes getting those legendary parts trivial and meaningless. Looking forward to salvaging my 400 or so rings when i finish downloading the patch.

Not sure if troll or just…

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Yes, 1 gold and 2 pristine fractal relic for one use, or 20g and 40 pristine for a stack of 20.

Pfft, that’s quite something.
Guess I’m not able to afford that for some time.

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

You telling me that the price for a 25 stack salvage kit is 20g + relics? What the kittening kitten?!
That would be at least 120 gold for me to get rid of those pesky rings, not to mention the tons of gems I spent on extra bank tabs to be able to somehow store them in the meantime.
If that’s true- totally not cool, especially when assuming that the output will be accountbound anyway.
25 silver for a 25 stack kit would be ok imo, that’s 1 silver per charge for an item worth 4 silver 95 copper.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

You telling me that the price for a 25 stack salvage kit is 20g + relics? What the kittening kitten?!
That would be at least 120 gold for me to get rid of those pesky rings, not to mention the tons of gems I spent on extra bank tabs to be able to somehow store them in the meantime.
If that’s true- totally not cool, especially when assuming that the output will be accountbound anyway.
25 silver for a 25 stack kit would be ok imo, that’s 1 silver per charge for an item worth 4 silver 95 copper.

Was looking forward to clearing my hundreds of rings but I’m too poor. So sad.

Posted by: HwaRyun.1807

HwaRyun.1807

I like it.

Not sure if troll or just…

Why would i be trolling?

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Why would i be trolling?

Because other option implies serious logic problems.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

People give props for Anet when they kittened up rewards and then make players sink gold into trying to correct said kittenty rewards?

Eh, there will always be THAT guy I guess

Posted by: Adam.4103

Adam.4103

So much for freeing up about 350 character/bank slots.

Adam The Vanquisher
Gandara

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yes it is true. It’s pretty fun stuff guys.
I’m sitting at 10k+ fractal relics(normal not pristine). Thank god it only costs 2 relics per use or I might run out of this very useful currency.

As for gold..what is even the value of gold nowadays?

(edited by robertul.3679)

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

kinda interesting it takes two pristine to salvage one ring. basically looks like goal is to make it totally worthless to run a fractal on average.

and yeah those ring will still clutter for some time unless you pay up

phys.7689

Yes it is true. It’s pretty fun stuff guys.
I’m sitting at 10k+ fractal relics. Thank god it only costs 1 relic per use or I might run out of this very useful currency.

As for gold..what is even the value of gold nowadays?

is it fractal relics or pristine fractal relics

Posted by: Pinkey Flowery.7018

Pinkey Flowery.7018

I’m pretty sure it’s the regular relics.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I’m pretty sure it’s the regular relics.

I think there is a price for either.

phys.7689

well regular isnt as bad

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

The price of this is too high – where is the increased gold drop from fotm?

Higher liquid rewards are where now?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: SkyFallsInThunder.8257

SkyFallsInThunder.8257

Is this some kind of sick joke from ANet?!

1g to SALVAGE an item?!?! What braindead potato ideea is this?! So now we either pay 1g to free up one inventory spot, or keep filling mule chars till we drown in rings?!

I swear to God, they always do this – every bit of good stuff they put out has to come with some sort of kick in the balls. It’s not enough that they killed dungeons, now this… It’s like they did this on purpose to spite the players asking for a use for the rings – “what’s that? you complain all the time because we give you rings? here, pay up a premium suckers! why? because we can and because kitten you and because next time maybe you will learn to shut up! huehuehuehuehue”.

Disgusting.

If there MUST be a price, then it should be something like 10s tops.

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

This really sucks. They bait us into thinking we’re getting all rewarded for running more fractals and saving up those rings. It’s like we were running a bill this whole time. Log back in to look at the hundreds of rings we have saved. It feels like you were just handed the bill for your company Christmas party.

Do you at least get any +AR infusions that were in the rings?

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

What do you even get for salvaging?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Posted by: captainteemo.6537

captainteemo.6537

Ascended Salvaging

Dark Energy and Stabilizing Matrices are new materials needed for crafting legendary gear. These materials are obtained by salvaging ascended gear.
Ascended gear can only be salvaged using an ascended salvage tool. Ascended salvage tools can only be used to salvage ascended gear.
Ascended salvage tools can be purchased from the Mistlock Observatory for gold and fractal relics or from laurel vendors for gold and laurels.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Yeah so either sell for 5 silver or salvage and get mats you probably wont need that much of. Im going to wait until i actually know how valuable those mats are. But i do think the salvage kits should be halved at the least.

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

So basically we have to give up the majority of the gold for completing a fractal to free up an inventory space from the Kitten item they rewarded us with? That’s beyond Kitten Kitten Kitten Golems.

Plus now everything in the Fractals costs gold, even Obi Shards. This smacks of kitteny Mordrem Event rewards all over again. Absolute Kitten.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Can anyone remake this interview but now about Ascended salvaging and dungeon rewards nerfing? Haha

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Reminder: ascended salvaging is for getting mat for lengendary backpiece. Not just free your inventory.

Just gotta see how many salvaged mats need for legendary and how drop rate are first. And cry later if it need a stack and have horrible drop rate.

Posted by: Rukiichan.4315

Rukiichan.4315

I just lost ~1g running 2 fractals, the stupid box at the end gives me 10s back even though i have to spend 20s to open it wtf?

Posted by: NorCalMtnBiker.9841

NorCalMtnBiker.9841

I just lost ~1g running 2 fractals, the stupid box at the end gives me 10s back even though i have to spend 20s to open it wtf?

Thats Anet for you

Posted by: NorCalMtnBiker.9841

NorCalMtnBiker.9841

Can anyone remake this interview but now about Ascended salvaging and dungeon rewards nerfing? Haha

OMFG this video is soooo HILARIOUS and true

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I got a trophy which is worth 5g – RNG here we go.

//Also ascended water breathers confirmed lel

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

I honestly don’t know why they thought this is a good idea. I’m actually losing money for running fractals, wth? Why are the rewards RNG based? Jezus.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Geesus, sounds like the economist went flippin overboard, he just didn’t turn off the gold faucets, he is draining the whole bloody dam!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Your options are:
1. Sell unneeded ascended items to vendor for +coins
2. Salvage unneeded ascended items for Legendary crafting for -coin -relics

Seems pretty reasonable to me. You’re only salvaging if you are working on a Legendary and those are SUPPOSED to be expensive.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

So the whole end loot from FOTM – grand total WORTH – 20 SILVER from opening one of those fractal encryptions !!!!

From FOTM 50 – where is MY DAILY CHEST containing a guaranteed liquid gold item ?!!

Ye- just TURN off ALL Gold Rewards right?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Your options are:

Seems pretty reasonable to me. You’re only salvaging if you are working on a Legendary and those are SUPPOSED to be expensive.

We know. It’s not a big deal in the end. We gonna salvage what we need to get the legendary, keep a small amount of rings that could be usefull and sell the rest.

But the point is that some of us kept hundreds of rings waiting for the salvage with no information about it just in case and now we get kind of a slap in the face since we could have simply sell 90% of our rings. We were expecting to get online with the expansion and salvage all of those rings.

It’s on us for expecting for something more from Anet.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

phys.7689

So, basically no reason to do a fractal at all if you have no daily?

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You still get a normal, lootable chest at the end.

Posted by: Zania.8461

Zania.8461

The other thing that puzzled me about the salvage is the huge range in returns on materials. I think it varied from 2 to 20. On infused rings you got 2x the amount (as in, you got 2 different salvage rolls). I simply don’t understand why this is this way.

The latter observation also implies that people with too many rings but not a lot of gold might consider salvaging infused (since they return more) and vending/trashing the rest.

On a personal level, was there really not enough randomness already? The rewards for keys you can get with these also has a layer of RNG. Is JS that in love with watching statistical distributions? I mean I like statistics too, but I don’t like ending up at the 3 standard deviations below mean and having to spend a whole lot more gold than average to get the same reward.

Posted by: Laraley.7695

Laraley.7695

Your options are:

We know. It’s not a big deal in the end. We gonna salvage what we need to get the legendary, keep a small amount of rings that could be usefull and sell the rest.

But the point is that some of us kept hundreds of rings waiting for the salvage with no information about it just in case and now we get kind of a slap in the face since we could have simply sell 90% of our rings. We were expecting to get online with the expansion and salvage all of those rings.

It’s on us for expecting for something more from Anet.

What I was expecting from fractals:

1. Better rewards, gold especially. After all they moved it from dungeons to somewhere. But sadly I don’t consider getting 10s for a fractal an appropriate reward.

2. No freaking RNG on it. What’s the point of that? Someone gets 5g and someone 10s for doing the same content just because they’re not as lucky?

3. Not pay 1g to salvage one kitten ring.

I think this is pretty reasonable.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I’m fine with the 1g per ascended, right now it hits us hard in the wallet because we’ve saved up so many rings, but over time, it’ll level off.

As far as mats you get, rings yield sellable mats, price is probably gonna fluctuate quite a bit, but they were 20s per approximately when I last looked. And you got 5 on average I think, so you make a gold back at current prices.

Different types of gear can give different salvage, I salvaged 2 boots n got mats for making the legendary. (Nother version of dark matter)

Only issue is the RNG affecting certain things you can salvage out, I salvaged like 100 rings, n didn’t get the collection item. I salvaged 1 amulet, and got the collection item.

phys.7689

I’m fine with the 1g per ascended, right now it hits us hard in the wallet because we’ve saved up so many rings, but over time, it’ll level off.

As far as mats you get, rings yield sellable mats, price is probably gonna fluctuate quite a bit, but they were 20s per approximately when I last looked. And you got 5 on average I think, so you make a gold back at current prices.

Different types of gear can give different salvage, I salvaged 2 boots n got mats for making the legendary. (Nother version of dark matter)

Only issue is the RNG affecting certain things you can salvage out, I salvaged like 100 rings, n didn’t get the collection item. I salvaged 1 amulet, and got the collection item.

i dont think the rings give the item.

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

Not ingame at the moment, but I coulda sworn I saw one for rings. Each “type” of gear has 1 piece of the collection: Weapon, Armor, Backpiece, Amulet have em for sure, coulda sworn rings had one too.

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

But the real “loot” previously was from the bouncy “bonus” chest after doing a set.
(Ascended gear, Fractal skins, etc.)

I guess I won’t be doing Fractals until after I grind through the Fractal mastery.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

But the real “loot” previously was from the bouncy “bonus” chest after doing a set.
(Ascended gear, Fractal skins, etc.)

I guess I won’t be doing Fractals until after I grind through the Fractal mastery.

If my memory wasn’t so horrible I could tell you if I got wiggly chests on 50 and 51, but alas it is. I think I got them, though.
Just saying that you can run different scales and still get some loot at the end, even if it’s not so great. Kind of makes me wish they’d take the rewards and toss them into specific fractals so you can farm them, but like that’s gonna happen

Posted by: Vella the knight.6072

Vella the knight.6072

didn’t realize it till bit later thought it was only fractal relic pieces boy was i wrong and got screwed out of 20g but least i saved a few slots but still. they nerf Dungeons into the ground and at give still kitten rewards out of Fractals at least till mastery.
ya this is not how you do content anet.

Posted by: Zach.2618

Zach.2618

At least give us gold rewards from fractal, where’s the increase reward at? Everything seems to cost gold and I’ve been doing from 50 to 64 today I don’t see an increase in my gold lols ok maybe I got 1 or 2 ascended breathers to sell and the mini mew but where’s the gold?