Nightmare Court Potion...

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Existencex.9712

Existencex.9712

Is this potion obsolete? So many people tell me that Scarlet armies potions work in TA and a lot of people tell me they dont…. I want a final verdict before i get rid of these potions.. Thanks!

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

Do they work in silverwaste?

Existencex.9712

No? this has nothing to do with my question lol

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

No? this has nothing to do with my question lol

I’m talking about the nightmare court potion. You said it is useless but dont’ it work on modrems army? and an expansion is coming up.

I honestly dont’ know the answer, but I have a post from last year, you might want to use as reference.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/power-potion-of-slaying-scarlet-armies

I didn’t test it myself, but someone from reddit says it works on vines and spider. Gw2dungeon.net also suggested scarlet or nightmare court potion. So both probably works.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

But it was tested and confirmed that scarlet slaying potions work on nightmare court, so Nightmare court = Scarlett armies

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Kinda off topic but in that spreadsheet the coe p2 Evolved Husk is a summoned minion so no potions really work on it right?

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Existencex.9712

This makes sense and something i wanted to see as clarification Thank you.

Posted by: conn.2097

conn.2097

AFAIK, not all of them!

Did you test that personally? Would really like to know which enemies are part of nightmare court but not scarlet’s army.

Kinda off topic but in that spreadsheet the coe p2 Evolved Husk is a summoned minion so no potions really work on it right?

correct

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

Can anyone confirm this?

I took from gw2dungeons.net that Potion of Slaying Scarlet’s Armies were equally as good as Nightmare Court Potions, in fact I’ve been telling pugs this information too. Please don’t tell me I’ve been wrong all this time?

Wethospu, I need some answers!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

That link doesnt show that nightmare court is better than scarlet armies. It simply shows the species of the mobs in TA. Scarlet army slaying works on nightmare court so it should be equal.

Ive not seen any proof of them not working on specific nightmare court mobs.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Long time ago when Molten Alliance was introduced people wondered why Dredge slaying doesn’t work against Molten Dredge. A developer confirmed that enemies can have only one type which also affects the loot they drop. This means that enemies with same type react exactly same to potions.

Normally potions only work against a single type but Scarlet Slaying is an exception. It works against Molten, Krait, Nightmare Court, Aether and Watchwork.

What actually would be interesting to know do old potions have similar effect? For example does Flame Legion slaying also work against devourers and drakes.

bearbear.1903

It works against Molten, Krait, Nightmare Court, Aether and Watchwork.

This is reassuring to know. From Fracture’s posts it seemed Nightmare Court pots were better, but I’ve always used Scarlet Slaying since they’re cheaper to buy and have a wider range of uses.

On a slightly related note, do you know if Scarlet Slaying pots work on the Evolved Husk in CoE P2? I see people in DnT using the Nightmare Court pots for it, whereas that Google Docs sheet only lists it as “Summoned Minion[s]”.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Evolved Husk has been tested against all potions and nothing works.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

bearbear.1903

Evolved Husk has been tested against all potions and nothing works.

Ah well, someone should inform DnT of that then

Thanks for info again!

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

It works against Molten, Krait, Nightmare Court, Aether and Watchwork.

This is reassuring to know. From Fracture’s posts it seemed Nightmare Court pots were better, but I’ve always used Scarlet Slaying since they’re cheaper to buy and have a wider range of uses.

But there are no more Scarlet potions being generated so their price is bound to climb up, correct?

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

@Weth: Flame Legion is a species so it doesn’t work with Devourers. Same with Outlaw vs. Ascalon Vet (human).

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Is this why Scarlet pots have spiked right now – and nightmare court potions have dropped in price?

How many FOTM shards use Scarlet potions?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Erm 2 boss fractals, aetherblade, molten facility and thaumanova. So 5 fractals.

Scarlet pots have probably “spiked” because the supply is limited. Its not really spiked though (wouldnt consider 4 copper a spike).

(edited by spoj.9672)

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Last time i bought them was about 2 months ago I think at 8 copper – now at 50copper+ thats a downer.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Is this why Scarlet pots have spiked right now – and nightmare court potions have dropped in price?

How many FOTM shards use Scarlet potions?

they havent spiked so much as there werent that many listed between 20c and 40c. made a lot by buying 100 or 150k at 2c but it took for-ev-er.

4 or 5 fractals use them… molten/duo, aether/mai, some trash in thauma. and then theres TA of course. mai is prolly the biggest one though. “everyone” hates mai.

edit: if you bought at 8c, thats 8ish months ago on sell order… or prolly like 5ish months ago on buy order

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)