No More Instance Owner!

No More Instance Owner!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

In today’s Feature Pack update ANet has said that dungeons will no longer be “owned” by the first person to enter the instance. I am no longer afraid to host a dungeon when it’s raining at my house! So what are all of your thoughts on this?

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Alora.6841

Alora.6841

Now everyone can kick me despite me opening the dungeon, hooray.

I am Commander Shepard and Evons Company is my favorite store in Lion’s Arch.

No More Instance Owner!

Morsus.5106

Now everyone can kick me despite me opening the dungeon, hooray.

I’ll actually miss running without the risk of those three guys who just happen to be in the same guild kicking me.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Sellers… now you don’t just lose your instance, it just strait up gets stolen!

We need group chat to remain and what not so we can at least report people to jump in and kick right away.

Other than that I’m happy with the change.

I’ll also be able to solo some arah on my guardian, get to lupi, have a friend join to keep the instance open and swap to my warrior for solo practice… that’ll be nice.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: AndyS.6079

AndyS.6079

Well, now anyone can be kicked

Deja Vu [RU] / Cemetery of Fatal Errors [CoFE] on Desolation

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Sellers… now you don’t just lose your instance, it just strait up gets stolen!

My very first thought. Funny that you could basically just steal it back.
Well, one more reason to get placeholders.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

If the kick system is changed from two people to three will be really great news.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Bukkebruse.2810

Bukkebruse.2810

Excellent, now you can no longer be immune to kicks when pugging fractals or dungeons.

Even better, dungeon sellers no longer have to worry about their instance disappearing if they are kicked; it will still be there, just in the hands of those who kicked them!

No More Instance Owner!

Morsus.5106

Excellent, now you can no longer be immune to kicks when pugging fractals or dungeons.

Even better, dungeon sellers no longer have to worry about their instance disappearing if they are kicked; it will still be there, just in the hands of those who kicked them!

It’ll be more profitable to kick and sell than to solo.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: BlitzX.4039

BlitzX.4039

Im interested in another thing: is it gonna be possible to solo-switch and wont lose dungeon progress…

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: JasmineLong.6514

JasmineLong.6514

Wait until the massive qq from pugs getting kicked at the end of a dungeon now. Also all seller better be using fillers when this goes live.

Hide yo wife, hide yo kids…no one is safe

No More Instance Owner!

Jerus.4350

Im interested in another thing: is it gonna be possible to solo-switch and wont lose dungeon progress…

Curious as well, how long does it have to be empty before closing? Even if it is instant you could always bug a friend to sit in the dungeon for a minute while you swap.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Wait until the massive qq from pugs getting kicked at the end of a dungeon now. Also all seller better be using fillers when this goes live.

Hide yo wife, hide yo kids…no one is safe

xexexexexexexexe

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

p2 @ alphard, 3/5 → join with a friend → kick the 3 pugs → invite 3 friends → best system ever

Nova [rT]

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I predict there will be far more complaints about the new system than there ever was for the current.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Cries Of Sorrow.5864

Oh god, back to the 3 filler meta, not that i have sold in a looong time anyway lmao.

Return of the Heitred Rising ft. Kinky Critbringer.

Main Elementalist:Train Of Thought
Alt Warrior: Burning Paris
Best Ele build EU.

(edited by Cries Of Sorrow.5864)

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

p2 @ alphard, 3/5 -> join with a friend -> kick the 3 pugs -> invite 3 friends -> best system ever

This is terrific. Thanks god it will be tested several times by Anet before making it live.

Oh wait.

Snow Crows [SC]

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Great. Now those abusers will not only kick me, but also finish my own instance and get a piece of the cake. Guess who’s never selling alone again.

No More Instance Owner!

JasmineLong.6514

p2 @ alphard, 3/5 -> join with a friend -> kick the 3 pugs -> invite 3 friends -> best system ever

This is terrific. Thanks god it will be tested several times by Anet before making it live.

Oh wait.

It will please the QQers…until they are the ones getting kicked, then they’ll BHB about the new system as well. It’s a never ending cycle.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

They should allow players to change both the vote count required for kicks and who is allowed to be kicked. That should solve everything.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

I think they should make it that if the instance owner is kicked, the instance is lost like usual. But if the instance owner is disconnected or offline, the instance will not be lost.

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

No More Instance Owner!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I think they should make it that if the instance owner is kicked, the instance is lost like usual. But if the instance owner is disconnected or offline, the instance will not be lost.

That solves the grief issue but still forces people to 4 man if the owner bails.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Gw2 should have a party leader system. Leader being the only one able to kick others. When leader leaves, somebody else gets the leader rank. It’s not perfect, one person can troll or be jerk, but it’s the best option possible.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: NTDK.4897

NTDK.4897

That solves the grief issue but still forces people to 4 man if the owner bails.

Forgot to explain this, but isnt a person auto kicked if offline for a certain time? In that case the instance will not be lost since it is auto kick.

Then they can find a new 5th player

ign: Larxene Rakushinu
Incoming Quaggans [iQ]

No More Instance Owner!

dutchiez.7502

Forgot to explain this, but isnt a person auto kicked if offline for a certain time? In that case the instance will not be lost since it is auto kick.

He means if the owner goes AFK, I think.

Nova [rT]

No More Instance Owner!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Cant they just get another 5th player?

So you’re saying a kick while the owner is online will crash the instance, but a kick while the owner is offline will not?

I get it now. That would work.

No More Instance Owner!

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Don’t know, don’t believe so. But what I said above rectifies the issue.

Edit: unless the person goes afk while online, as nova said.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: koen.4729

koen.4729

Now you’ll finally be able to repair your armor if you opened a fractal run

[qT] Quantify – http://qtfy.enjin.com/

No More Instance Owner!

Morsus.5106

/me links 11 Instant Repair Canisters

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Dehuang.2053

Dehuang.2053

We’ll definitely need more information on the dungeon instance changes, right now all we know is that it got worse, the griefers will actually STEAL the instance and get the reward you deserved. Instance owner need some kind of kick immunity, or at least a positive vote of 4, not less.

No More Instance Owner!

dutchiez.7502

You can do that now… just go to char select and log back in to the same character, it won’t destroy the instance if there are other people inside…

Nova [rT]

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Maliel.8362

Maliel.8362

We can finally get rid of those annoying “warrior zerker only” owners.

No More Instance Owner!

JasmineLong.6514

We can finally get rid of those annoying “warrior zerker only” owners.

…please don’t. This is how the hate and griefing will start. Join a “zerker war only” group just to kick…people start doing it to any req…“new player please help” “speed run only” “pink dye armor only”…it’ll just give people a reason to grief and kick and the community will just go downhill.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

What stopped you from hosting earlier when it was raining at your house? A DC that does not dissolve the party?
People who wanted to get rid of the last bit of moderation in dungeon instances, seems to be people who have no idea how the dissolving of instances work. I’ll send curses in your general direction.

9 Guardians later…

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: FriskiestSpoon.6289

FriskiestSpoon.6289

I thought this was a good thing at first, then I thought a little bit more…

Now there’s no point in selling paths when griefers can come in and steal your instance, then just kill the last boss themselves. Guess we don’t have to hear about people complaining about only seeing sellers on lfg.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

This change is positive. Bad players will use any system to create bad situations, much like they do now. Good players will be able to continue their dungeons with less risk of a mishap.

It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that the instance owner will now be vulnerable to kicks. It was always going to be a consequence of this fix.

No More Instance Owner!

JasmineLong.6514

I thought this was a good thing at first, then I thought a little bit more…

Now there’s no point in selling paths when griefers can come in and steal your instance, then just kill the last boss themselves. Guess we don’t have to hear about people complaining about only seeing sellers on lfg.

They’ll still complain..they need to complain about something. Sellers will just have to take more precautions and make sure they have fillers in the team after the patch/nerf.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Thinking about it, not even having placeholders may be safe when griefers are willed to give up a few gold and then happen to be fast enough.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

How about if when creating the party, you can choose if kick mechanic is implemented, or only party leader can initiate kicks? Would this help?

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

How about if when creating the party, you can choose if kick mechanic is implemented, or only party leader can initiate kicks? Would this help?

That kind of system is beyond Anet’s current resources. Have you forgotten LFG took 1 year?

Not to mention everyone would use the later option.

No More Instance Owner!

Morsus.5106

What stopped you from hosting earlier when it was raining at your house? A DC that does not dissolve the party?

My internet doesn’t take rain well. Every other storm we get kills my internet.

No More Instance Owner!

Jerus.4350

Gw2 should have a party leader system. Leader being the only one able to kick others. When leader leaves, somebody else gets the leader rank. It’s not perfect, one person can troll or be jerk, but it’s the best option possible.

I really wish they would do this. I’ve seen multiple different systems, dabbled in many, really played a lot of 3 different MMOs and the one that did this was easily the most controlled situation with the least amount of griefing.

No More Instance Owner!

Morsus.5106

We can finally get rid of those annoying “Bearbow PVT” owners.

Fixed it for you.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

I really wish they would do this. I’ve seen multiple different systems, dabbled in many, really played a lot of 3 different MMOs and the one that did this was easily the most controlled situation with the least amount of griefing.

I vote for this one!
I also played different MMOs with such system, and it worked.
What Anet needs to do, is to make it obvious who is the leader and what it means – by icon in the party interface.

I wanna play with like-minded people only.
If that means I’ll wait for 10 minutes for my party to fill, and then leave the dungeon because nobody came, I’m fine with that!

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

As long as you didn’t leave the party, get kicked or swap characters, you can repair your armor.

Glorious Human Master Race

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Anet, it’s good that you care, but this is a TERRIBLE way of dealing with the problem. You’re basically fixing one issue and creating 2-3 others.
PLEASE rethink this solution.

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

CANNOT wait to join lfg seeking tar help to kick them out and practice my lupi. BY BODY IS READY!!

/s

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Now people can just go steal exploiters’ instances for their dailies.

Lulz.

No More Instance Owner!

JasmineLong.6514

Now people can just go steal exploiters’ instances for their dailies.

Lulz.

Bad part is they be able to do it to the people that don’t exploit as well if the legit sellers don’t take the precautions :/

No More Instance Owner!

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

1. What happens if you solo and experience a short DC? What happens if your entire party sees a short DC?
  2. Does anyone really think they will put more resources (i.e. money) into investigating griefers? This is going to get nasty (see post above by Maliel.8362).
  3. With this change, it appears you can ferry people into instances they couldn’t otherwise open (dungeon explorable modes) and leave yourself. Perhaps the locking of explorable paths should be completely removed because this makes it moot?