No one cares what armor you wear..

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

If your’e not doing speed clears . Over and over I see players saying in every class forum and at every junction that they got kicked for not wearing full zerkers. Here is what I do not get in a full year of player. I have yet to actually encounter this in game. Maybe it is because I never join speed clears? Maybe it because I usually start the party myself? Maybe it is because the number of elitist kittens previously reported has been heavily exaggerated? I honestly do not know.

What I do know is if you join a speed clear and get kicked for wearing XYZ Armor that isn’t berzekers do you really have a right to complain? The majority of runs are runs by casuals for casuals. It really is that simple. Most runs do not require anything except doing some damage and not messing up mechanics. It is not crazy.

Among the kitten people do including kicking people from runs to invite friends during the run. Kicking people from runs to sell a path. Trolling by starting a run and then leaving mid way. I think asking that you know content and wear specific gear for a specific run is fine. You can start your own party or just join one that isn’t so demanding.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

(edited by TheGuy.3568)

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Thanks Guy.

[DnT]

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

The people who whine are the ones who join a speedrun group because they want their group to go very fast. They don’t want zerk gear though and just wanna play the way they want. They mainly want to get carried by the speedrun group, but don’t want to contribute.

These people can post their own party “AC party, non-zerk builds welcome” And do it with like minded people. But then it takes longer and they get upset.

Then they get kicked from a speedrun group and come to the dungeon forums to call us elitist.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

I have also never been kicked for not wearing berserker gear. I often run either half zerk half soldiers, or some other thing. I have been kicked for dying too much, early on, which is why I switched to a build that was a bit more defensive….
I think it really depends on what people expect of you when they are in your party. Most of my parties are half guild half pug, but when I did pug I also started the parties. No one kicks party leader unless they want to cry. Hehe.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Most of us speed clear guys run with guild groups so we don’t pug.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

That is something I find annoying that other players do. There’s a certain philosophy I’ve had in MMOs for awhile, and I haven’t the foggiest why other people don’t do this:

If they form the group, it’s their rules.

It’s that simple. I haven’t encountered most of the in-game discrimination other people report to nearly the degree that they report it, and the reason why is because I read the descriptions before I join.

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

The people who whine are the ones who join a speedrun group because they want their group to go very fast. They don’t want zerk gear though and just wanna play the way they want. They mainly want to get carried by the speedrun group, but don’t want to contribute.

These people can post their own party “AC party, non-zerk builds welcome” And do it with like minded people. But then it takes longer and they get upset.

Then they get kicked from a speedrun group and come to the dungeon forums to call us elitist.

This.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I agree with Blood Red.

Sometimes people want to do a certain thing, a certain way and there are a few players who think that they are an exception.

We saw this with the Underworld Speed Clears in GW1 and you saw it with the COF P1 speed clears.

I run Fractals 48 almost every night and I can’t remember the last time I saw a gear check request – maybe if someone has very low achievement points or if they die too easily people will ask them, but it’s not like it was a while back.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

We should start making all our LFGs:

P3. 10k+ achieves and full ascended only. Ping gear and traits (i.e. 10/30/30/0/0/) and utils on join.

Syn Sity.5826

I agree with Blood Red.

Sometimes people want to do a certain thing, a certain way and there are a few players who think that they are an exception.

We saw this with the Underworld Speed Clears in GW1 and you saw it with the COF P1 speed clears.

I run Fractals 48 almost every night and I can’t remember the last time I saw a gear check request – maybe if someone has very low achievement points or if they die too easily people will ask them, but it’s not like it was a while back.

For some reason UWSC (or any sc in gw1 for that matter) didn’t get the organization hate that speedclears in this game do, I’m not sure why. Maybe because the difference between balanced way and speed clears in gw1 was a difference of many hours and hardly anyone did uw without either speed clearing or solo farming. I did uwsc almost exclusively for like 4 years straight and I don’t think I ever had one person join and demand that he be able to run with us just because. You got the occasional idiot who spoke no english and was on a warrior and just joined until he was kicked, but no one ever actually kittened and moaned about people wanting to do things in an organized manner. It was just a generally accepted principle I guess, let the speedclearers do their thing and if you want to do a casual multi-hour uw run then just try to form your own party. I miss that game and it’s players.

[DnT]

Ethics.4519

I agree with Blood Red.

For some reason UWSC (or any sc in gw1 for that matter) didn’t get the organization hate that speedclears in this game do, I’m not sure why. Maybe because the difference between balanced way and speed clears in gw1 was a difference of many hours and hardly anyone did uw without either speed clearing or solo farming. I did uwsc almost exclusively for like 4 years straight and I don’t think I ever had one person join and demand that he be able to run with us just because. You got the occasional idiot who spoke no english and was on a warrior and just joined until he was kicked, but no one ever actually kittened and moaned about people wanting to do things in an organized manner. It was just a generally accepted principle I guess, let the speedclearers do their thing and if you want to do a casual multi-hour uw run then just try to form your own party. I miss that game and it’s players.

GW2 caters towards casuals and they get upset when you are better than them and wont let them join. Just look at my other thread in this forum. He feels so entitles that he is reporting players when they kick him for wearing cleric’s gear, and calling it the equivalence of racism.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

GW2 has too many peasants that don’t like it when others are doing things faster than them with a different play style. BHB’s and peasants.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I agree with Blood Red.

Well, in DoA (my area of expertise), you had the SC and Glaiveway, so you kind of had the segregation anyway, but both sides lived semi-peacefully together. I hated Glaiveway though for the sole reason that Destructive was Glaive was simply overpowered beyond belief. I don’t understand how such a skill could exist, yet elementalists were the worst damage dealers in the entire game.
I think the reason for the symbiosis was that the Glaiveway scrubs strived to be like us, and we looked down upon them for being so terrible and stupid. Oh, and the fact we were raking in money at 6-8 times the rate they were.

But even in Glaiveway, it was ‘run this build or gtfo’. Yes, you had slightly different builds, but it mostly boiled down to that. And most people were fine with that. There was no “I wanna bring a completely useless build on a useless profession and expect you guys to hail me for trying to be terminally unique”.

And especially in the organized SC runs, the builds were set. Yes, again, you had slightly different teambuilds and slightly different bars, but usually, when you went with another guild/were new, you did what you were told. I ran my own preferred builds, but I had enough expertise and people knew that I knew my stuff to be warranted to do so. Especially when running with guilds like [DL], and was told to run Deep Freeze (that was before I insisted on always tanking when running with [DL], unless I knew their tanks were good) for example. But other than that, there was no “I wanna be special and run stupid/detrimental stuff” mentality in GW1, and people were fine with it.

Oh, how I miss the golden days of DoA… Well, nostalgia is a bitter side product of fun…

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I agree with Blood Red.

GW2 caters towards casuals and they get upset when you are better than them and wont let them join. Just look at my other thread in this forum. He feels so entitles that he is reporting players when they kick him for wearing cleric’s gear, and calling it the equivalence of racism.

Hes suffering from sheer frustration, it makes you sound like a kitten.

Game advertised to use Damage, Support and Control instead of the classic trinity then game comes out and its just deeps and dodge.

Anet made a comfy bed but didn’t tell us about the pee stains under the sheets.

Syn Sity.5826

I agree with Blood Red.

Well, in DoA (my area of expertise), you had the SC and Glaiveway, so you kind of had the segregation anyway, but both sides lived semi-peacefully together. I hated Glaiveway though for the sole reason that Destructive was Glaive was simply overpowered beyond belief. I don’t understand how such a skill could exist, yet elementalists were the worst damage dealers in the entire game.
I think the reason for the symbiosis was that the Glaiveway scrubs strived to be like us, and we looked down upon them for being so terrible and stupid. Oh, and the fact we were raking in money at 6-8 times the rate they were.

But even in Glaiveway, it was ‘run this build or gtfo’. Yes, you had slightly different builds, but it mostly boiled down to that. And most people were fine with that. There was no “I wanna bring a completely useless build on a useless profession and expect you guys to hail me for trying to be terminally unique”.

And especially in the organized SC runs, the builds were set. Yes, again, you had slightly different teambuilds and slightly different bars, but usually, when you went with another guild/were new, you did what you were told. I ran my own preferred builds, but I had enough expertise and people knew that I knew my stuff to be warranted to do so. Especially when running with guilds like [DL], and was told to run Deep Freeze (that was before I insisted on always tanking when running with [DL], unless I knew their tanks were good) for example. But other than that, there was no “I wanna be special and run stupid/detrimental stuff” mentality in GW1, and people were fine with it.

Oh, how I miss the golden days of DoA… Well, nostalgia is a bitter side product of fun…

Yeah that’s the weird part, even the lesser groups of semi balanced way runs still had set builds and tactics that were extremely strict and no one got kitten ed off about being told what to run. You were told to go to PvX wiki, copy the exact build and do your job.

[DnT]

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

If your’e not doing speed clears . Over and over I see players saying in every class forum and at every junction that they got kicked for not wearing full zerkers. Here is what I do not get in a full year of player. I have yet to actually encounter this in game. Maybe it is because I never join speed clears? Maybe it because I usually start the party myself? Maybe it is because the number of elitist kittens previously reported has been heavily exaggerated? I honestly do not know.

What I do know is if you join a speed clear and get kicked for wearing XYZ Armor that isn’t berzekers do you really have a right to complain? The majority of runs are runs by casuals for casuals. It really is that simple. Most runs do not require anything except doing some damage and not messing up mechanics. It is not crazy.

Among the kitten people do including kicking people from runs to invite friends during the run. Kicking people from runs to sell a path. Trolling by starting a run and then leaving mid way. I think asking that you know content and wear specific gear for a specific run is fine. You can start your own party or just join one that isn’t so demanding.

agreed

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

…cause most of your stats comes from trinkets/traits.

(had to.)

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I agree with Blood Red.

Game advertised to use Damage, Support and Control instead of the classic trinity then game comes out and its just deeps and dodge.

Spamming DPS rotations, party stat stacking (banners, might, fury, traits like empower allies), well-timed reflects and blocks, pulling mobs together, knocking down/stunning dangerous trash …. it’s all in there.

Watch DnT’s molten facility video from strife for example, against those dredge that made that annoying invuln AOE they co-ordinated CC and then bursted it down before it could be annoying. Support with might stacking helped it die quicker as well.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Dromar.1027

Dromar.1027

I agree with Blood Red.

Spamming DPS rotations, party stat stacking (banners, might, fury, traits like empower allies), well-timed reflects and blocks, pulling mobs together, knocking down/stunning dangerous trash …. it’s all in there.

Watch DnT’s molten facility video from strife for example, against those dredge that made that annoying invuln AOE they co-ordinated CC and then bursted it down before it could be annoying. Support with might stacking helped it die quicker as well.

While considered support they are one side of the spectrum and all enhance dps save for some guard skills that have far too much bearing on how well a party does like WoR, SotA and Binding Blade, who knew guard OP right? Your still expected to be in full berserker gear. Guess people who like big green numbers are just SoL. CC isnt even required on dangerous mobs because of the mountain of dps people have, watch them red bars shoot down before the mobs do anything… and then there’s defiant.

Also a 2 week dungeon with 5 or so mobs where CC was a tad more useful is not enough to redeem the rest of the game. CC was no where near required for the molten protectors anyways.

Build diversity is the issue and people are being punished for going another route the game offers. Let’s hope the October 15th update helps with some of the frustration.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

GW2 has too many peasants that don’t like it when others are doing things faster than them with a different play style. BHB’s and peasants.

<billroper voice> YES My Lord! </brv>

Posted by: Dreamslayer.7659

Dreamslayer.7659

I agree with Blood Red.

I remember it a bit differently.

At least early on, UWSC was a small community and you got to know the people that were good. When someone you didn’t know wanted to come along, you had to see their build and I remember a fair number of people who wanted to be unique snowflakes and just run a build they slapped together (apparently at random).

There were the “you guys just run cookie cutter builds that anyone can look up, this is my special creation, how do you know it won’t work!?”, etc.

Then there were the people who ran the right build, but couldn’t perform. Perma-stealth Elementalist required extremely good energy management and a thorough understanding of your area as well as how to recover from various problems or cover for other people.

I stopped playing when you had to run candy buffs every 10 minutes to make it work

The special snowflake people always stuck with me because their argument seemed to be that the build is what made people good, but a build was just a tool – almost an instrument and even though the builds were the same, there was a very large envelope for you to push and show what you could do.

Those were my favorite times in Guild Wars….

I think I’m chasing a little bit of that in Fractals – it’s not the same, but it could be something very good with a bit more attention – I’m hoping the upcoming Fractal level brings a lot more updates and rewards.

(edited by Dreamslayer.7659)

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I agree with Blood Red.

While considered support they are one side of the spectrum and all enhance dps save for some guard skills that have far too much bearing on how well a party does like WoR, SotA and Binding Blade, who knew guard OP right? Your still expected to be in full berserker gear. Guess people who like big green numbers are just SoL. CC isnt even required on dangerous mobs because of the mountain of dps people have, watch them red bars shoot down before the mobs do anything… and then there’s defiant.

All support enhances DPS. Tanks keeping boss aggro and healers keeping the party healed in trinity MMOs serve to maximise the party’s DPS so that the DPS can repeat their damage rotations and not faceplant. It’s no difference here, I don’t understand why people don’t see that.

Also a 2 week dungeon with 5 or so mobs where CC was a tad more useful is not enough to redeem the rest of the game. CC was no where near required for the molten protectors anyways.

Five players aren’t required for most dungeons either. Don’t argue petty semantics, I gave you an example of a mob where CC is useful. It’s useful in Arah as well for trash pulls (not the sigil stacking ones, the silvers), the mobs there have pretty brutal attacks like that risen which makes green fountains, sit inside that and you’ll die in like three seconds. Interrupt the cast and you can burst uninterrupted.

Build diversity is the issue and people are being punished for going another route the game offers. Let’s hope the October 15th update helps with some of the frustration.

Actually it’s not. Stat combo =/= build diversity. There’s two warrior builds that are meta, three mesmer builds and 4+ guardian builds.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I agree with Blood Red.

Yeah that’s the weird part, even the lesser groups of semi balanced way runs still had set builds and tactics that were extremely strict and no one got kitten ed off about being told what to run. You were told to go to PvX wiki, copy the exact build and do your job.

Unfortunately one of the few reasons GW1 wasn’t that fun for me, as much as I played it. I am not one to copy builds, and it has nothing to do with being different for its own sake.

I did use strong skills, but liked to try new things and skills and combo them/or at least attempt something different. This was of course not welcome by most, so I ended up playing with my heroes a lot, since they didn’t refuse me or call me “noob” for playing with a bit more freedom (ironically, I wasn’t a true “noob”.)

Ultimately, these two playstyles are very much incompatible and shouldn’t party together (copy and paste way/speedclear/efficiency vs play the best you can with the build that suits your playstyle)-and it’s silly to call each other names, which is where I draw the line (I see a lot of inappropriate things in these forums like calling casuals stupid/dumb, etc., which are WAY out of line and highly intolerant.)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

CC isnt even required on dangerous mobs because of the mountain of dps people have, watch them red bars shoot down before the mobs do anything… and then there’s defiant.

Try Dredge at fotm 79 and tell me that cc isn’t important.

It won’t. Here is what I said two months ago about “support builds” and the scrubs who want them…

“A lot of players are used to traditional trinity MMO where a “support” character could hang around in the back out of danger buffing his team not really using any twitch or micro skills and get carried through content because even though his skills are low, the character type is important enough to warrant inclusion and thus the lazy man has a path to success. The lazy and less skilled players gravitate to support/midline roles because it allows them to blend into the background for the most part. They don’t get special credit when a raid goes well, but its also usually not their fault when it fails.
Not saying this description applies to everyone who wants to play a dedicated support character, but it certainly describes a significant enough portion of them to make it the rule not the exception.
As I have said in other threads on this topic, this is an action MMO. You can’t reach the top by playing a support necro who sits at 1200 range with staff auto, casting wells on cool down. You have to be in the mix pulling your weight. If this isnt appealing, this probably isnt the game for you.”

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Yep, you die because they cc you.

It won’t. Here is what I said two months ago about “support builds” and the scrubs who want them…

“A lot of players are used to traditional trinity MMO where a “support” character could hang around in the back out of danger buffing his team not really using any twitch or micro skills and get carried through content because even though his skills are low, the character type is important enough to warrant inclusion and thus the lazy man has a path to success. The lazy and less skilled players gravitate to support/midline roles because it allows them to blend into the background for the most part. They don’t get special credit when a raid goes well, but its also usually not their fault when it fails.
Not saying this description applies to everyone who wants to play a dedicated support character, but it certainly describes a significant enough portion of them to make it the rule not the exception.
As I have said in other threads on this topic, this is an action MMO. You can’t reach the top by playing a support necro who sits at 1200 range with staff auto, casting wells on cool down. You have to be in the mix pulling your weight. If this isnt appealing, this probably isnt the game for you.”

Midline in gw1 gvg was also considered a kitten role, being carried by frontline and backline. Exceptions were dom mes and ranger.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

CC isnt even required on dangerous mobs because of the mountain of dps people have, watch them red bars shoot down before the mobs do anything… and then there’s defiant.

Though this a valid day to play GW2, I am 100% sure that ANet totally disagrees with your interpretation of their game “this is not the game for you if…:”. Quote them. It’s your opinion on how the game must be played, nothing more to it.

There’s also no “top” and some players don’t compete and just have fun. There are more than a few personify types in the world, and all are valid and have their place-as well as have the right to play GW2 if they so choose.

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

There’s also no “top” and some players don’t compete and just have fun. There are more than a few personify types in the world, and all are valid and have their place-as well as have the right to play GW2 if they so choose.

I’m not talking about the casual people who log on, enjoy the game for what it is, and log off. I’m talking about the BHB who come onto the forums and make QQ posts about ‘support builds.’

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Midline in gw1 gvg was also considered a kitten role, being carried by frontline and backline. Exceptions were dom mes and ranger.

How dare you insult my ele blind bot! Casting Blinding Flash was an art!

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Ethics.4519

This guy…. I wanna party with this guy.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

How dare you insult my ele blind bot! Casting Blinding Flash was an art!

Indeed it was. :p

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I can’t speak for other people,
but distance has zero bearing on my dissatisfaction with the control and support roles in GW2.

Without the defensive aspects of support and control, there’s no element of reacting to the mob you’re fighting. It’s just being close enough for your PBAOE to hit everybody or clicking a single button to plop down a banner the start of combat each and every time. No ‘watching for a move’, no ‘bringing this to counteract this’, just the same brainless token single button press every single battle. There’s no actual freaking gameplay.

I’ve played Medics for years, I don’t care where I am, just give me something to friggin’ do while I’m there.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Ethics.4519

Without the defensive aspects of support and control, there’s no element of reacting to the mob you’re fighting.

Dodge

RIP in peace Robert

Vox Hollow.2736

Dodging is like juking.
It’s just there to make executing your role harder, not define what your role is.

Ethics.4519

Dodging is like juking.
It’s just there to make executing your role harder, not define what your role is.

I don’t even know what means.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

What is juking?

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Ethics.4519

What is juking?

Juking: When you jump and throw up at the same time.

Usage: My friend bet I couldn’t drink a gallon of milk while playing hop scotch. I ended up juking all over his face.

Also, less commonly used, refers to a person faking one direction and quickly moving the other way.

RIP in peace Robert

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Without the defensive aspects of support and control, there’s no element of reacting to the mob you’re fighting.

Dodge, block, reflect, blind, invulnerability, positioning, stability.

FTFY

Ethics.4519

Dodge

Sorry I didn’t mean to incorrectly correct the point you were trying to make

FTFY

RIP in peace Robert

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

He’s talking about “roles” and stuff. There’s a lot of ways to react to something than just dodging.

Ethics.4519

He’s talking about “roles” and stuff. There’s a lot of ways to react to something than just dodging.

Look at what I quoted. “Defensive aspects of…” That’s regardless of roles.

Dodge is something that can be done that is a reaction to mobs, that isn’t classified as a CC or support action.

RIP in peace Robert

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Ah, I thought you were just abbreviating his whole post onto that one point, and was debating his whole post with “dodging”.

Vox Hollow.2736

Ah, sorry.

A Medic is basically a front-line Healer that has DPS capabilities yet still manages to actually have a support role/gameplay. Juking is moving your character in a non-predictable way to avoid projectiles, which in FPSs are manually aimed and have really small hitboxes.

Ethics
I know you’re quoting me out of context just to have something to talk about.
But I’m kind of not in the mood to go playing in a tangent right now. Do you have something in particular you’d like to say about my point on Roles and the lackthereof?

Ethics.4519

Nope. My comment applies to your whole post. If you’re specifically talking about roles, you worded your 2nd paragraph poorly.

Going straight zerk/dps, there are tons of tells and animations that you have to look out for. More so than if you’re a support/control class as those usually bring some auto regen or healing.

RIP in peace Robert

Vox Hollow.2736

I’m totally fine with the idea I could word things better.
I am specifically talking about Roles.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Over and over I see players saying in every class forum and at every junction that they got kicked for not wearing full zerkers. Here is what I do not get in a full year of player. I have yet to actually encounter this in game.

Really..? Out of a whole year playing you’ve never encountered a group demanding full zerk gear? I don’t know what dungs youve been running, but I know for certain if you tried to join a group for say CoF P1 on the LFG site before the aug 6th patch (think that was the date) chances were high you would get swarmed by posts of groups demanding full zerker gear, asking to ping everything including trinkets and sigils/runes, even the class mattered. Of course the patch that made farming the same path unprofitable also got rid of most of these elitist posts, but I can promise you there wre like 10x more before this. Now since its profitable to only run one path daily once, however if it is say a daily speed run for all paths of a dungeon, it makes perfect sense to occasionally see people checking for zerk gear. Though I would say again the number of elitist posts has drastically reduced..

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.

Nah you could just do it through specific boss fight mechanics. You could easily make people not go full out dps if you put in something that would reflect a percentage of the damage back at them. You could make it so that wouldn’t be hard for a balanced stat team to deal with, but it would be hard for a full zerk team.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

see? It is not global warming that is causing the rise of sea level

Oceanic [LOD]

Syn Sity.5826

I agree with Blood Red.

I remember it a bit differently.

At least early on, UWSC was a small community and you got to know the people that were good. When someone you didn’t know wanted to come along, you had to see their build and I remember a fair number of people who wanted to be unique snowflakes and just run a build they slapped together (apparently at random).

There were the “you guys just run cookie cutter builds that anyone can look up, this is my special creation, how do you know it won’t work!?”, etc.

Then there were the people who ran the right build, but couldn’t perform. Perma-stealth Elementalist required extremely good energy management and a thorough understanding of your area as well as how to recover from various problems or cover for other people.

I stopped playing when you had to run candy buffs every 10 minutes to make it work

The special snowflake people always stuck with me because their argument seemed to be that the build is what made people good, but a build was just a tool – almost an instrument and even though the builds were the same, there was a very large envelope for you to push and show what you could do.

Those were my favorite times in Guild Wars….

I think I’m chasing a little bit of that in Fractals – it’s not the same, but it could be something very good with a bit more attention – I’m hoping the upcoming Fractal level brings a lot more updates and rewards.

I suppose that was before my time and by the time I started doing runs it was established, but I’m not really an authority since i quickly found a guild/friends to do runs with and hardly ever ran with pug groups. That’s honestly what I miss most about gw1.

[DnT]

Posted by: Floryn.6307

Floryn.6307

Now since its profitable to only run one path daily once, however if it is say a daily speed run for all paths of a dungeon, it makes perfect sense to occasionally see people checking for zerk gear. Though I would say again the number of elitist posts has drastically reduced..

Please stop implying that zerkers are elitists. Most zerkers are utterly noobs, labels like this is what generates false myths and leads to a so called general consensus.

Dead DPS is no DPS.

That being said I am strongly against cleric gear, PVT on the other hand is perfectly acceptable, specially in high lvl fotms .

Tl;dr: Zerker gear can be excellent unfortunately most ppl using it are not.

My PVT stats self buffed only,:
(wvw reset day so my hp is 1 000 lower than normal)

Attachments:

Band of BrothersMore than a guild, more than a team

(edited by Floryn.6307)