Need a new way to make money in-game

in Players Helping Players

Posted by: Reynfall.1547

Reynfall.1547

what do you guys recommend to do to make money?

Not that I’m condoning what Anet did to dungeons in any way (in fact, I’m quite depressed and angered by what they did especially to the rewards) but I paid $60 and I want my money and the time I’ve spent on this game so far to go somewhere.

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

play the market.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

How? It’s so boring if all i can do now to earn roughly the same amount of gold for the same amount of time is stand and look at the market buying and selling stuff. :/ i wanna know a good way to earn as much in the same amount of time so that I can get my exotic set and do the things I really want after. :/

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Berelain.2308

Berelain.2308

why not first do the things you “realy want” and then get a exotic set?

Guild Leader Gwens Red Iris Flowers [GRIS]
Commander Berelain sur Hoiya
Far Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

:/ because doing what i want wont earn me gold to get exotics.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Evee.2714

Evee.2714

because some people want to have max stats before throwing themselves at the proverbial flames

Evee of the Relics of Orr Podcast on the youtubez and twitch. See us at relicsoforr.com

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

Buy gems. Currency Exchange. Bang Bang

Reynfall.1547

play the market.

What if we don’t want to be cheaters or con-artist economists?

Reynfall.1547

What if we don’t want to be forced to give Anet money because they killed good endgame content?

Posted by: nvmvoidrays.2158

nvmvoidrays.2158

What if we don’t want to be forced to give Anet money because they killed good endgame content?

farm fine crafting materials.

search of certain items which have materials that are cheaper then the end-product.

WvW.

map completion (exotics and rares).

etc.

you can still do dungeons for money too. just don’t do the same godkittenone over and over and over.

Posted by: Nemhy.5230

Nemhy.5230

Yes…they killed good endgame content. Nothing shouts quality content like farming Magg for 6 hours a day. I can see why you’re crushed :P

Reynfall.1547

My point is that it was much more quality than the impossible state and unmatching reward that it’s in right now.

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

I’m surprised people are actually complaining about grinding when they were doing just that in the dungeons. There’s plenty of ways to earn money in this game, you just need to stop using tunnel vision and vary what you do.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

The amount of money people made from Running easy CoF Dungeon Farm Runs was absurd. It was fixed.

Problem? There are many other ways to make money, not the same amount in the same amount of time as that function was never supposed to exist. You could actually make more outside dungeons too if you tried.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

The amount of money people made from Running easy CoF Dungeon Farm Runs was absurd. It was fixed.

Problem? There are many other ways to make money, not the same amount in the same amount of time as that function was never supposed to exist. You could actually make more outside dungeons too if you tried.

Completely breaking content isn’t fixing it, no matter how you look at it. If they wanted people to get less from farming it then the loot reduction was enough. What they did, however, was make that route (as well as the first one) completely impossible for all but the most overgeared and organized groups and that isn’t balanced or good by any stretch of the imagination.

Posted by: nerdly.5176

nerdly.5176

Completely breaking content isn’t fixing it, no matter how you look at it. If they wanted people to get less from farming it then the loot reduction was enough. What they did, however, was make that route (as well as the first one) completely impossible for all but the most overgeared and organized groups and that isn’t balanced or good by any stretch of the imagination.

Breaking news! What was designed to be the most difficult content in the game (read: explorer mode dungeons) is actually difficult, and requires organization and skill. Who would have thought?!

Man, people are such babies. Do story mode if its too difficult for you, don’t cry about hard-mode being hard. Don’t forget that there are players out there who actually enjoy the type of extreme challenges that require organization and strategy/skill.

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

How is content broken, if it can be done..? :/ “Scratch’s head”

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Reynfall.1547

How is content broken, if it can be done..? :/ “Scratch’s head”

It’s broken if you need to be elite at a 3 week old game to do it.

Edit: Also broken because of very low monetary reward.

Posted by: SinDantes.3417

SinDantes.3417

You don’t need to be “elite”, you just can’t PUG thekittenthings. Explorable mode dungeons weren’t designed to be easily pugged through.

vicwolf.7862

requires organization and skill.

It doesn’t require either of those, it requires knowledge of how to exploit a particular mechanic so that you can progress past a very plainly unbalanced portion of the game. The dev himself said the intent of the bomb room is to fight the mobs that spawn. This is actually impossible to do.

The entire approach of making exp mode the “end game content” (which isn’t what the devs said at any point you ignorant kitten)makes no logical sense if you are downranked when doing them.

vicwolf.7862

You don’t need to be “elite”, you just can’t PUG thekittenthings. Explorable mode dungeons weren’t designed to be easily pugged through.

Go run CoF magg and tell me that isn’t broken.