Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The Red Ranger uses a sword.

Ok .. buff the other classes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Its like the ranger in gw2 is forced to use sword when he is
A hunter lol makes no sense .

Before you get trolled even harder, familiarize yourself with the entymology of the word ranger.

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

Funny thing is that ele would still be able to deal 300k damage in 3 seconds if fgs gets nerfed.

#.4 staff fire and #3 dagger fire, right?

Neither nor.

Then what? these 2 have same mechanic as fiery rush.

Don’t know if Dub is refering to this skill, but there’s actually an ele skill that is intended to function like untargeted fiery rush.

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Don’t know if Dub is refering to this skill, but there’s actually an ele skill that is intended to function like untargeted fiery rush.

Tidal wave is one big exploit. He means something completely legit (not that rush isn’t, hello tequatl).

Posted by: Alilinke.7690

Alilinke.7690

O_O
Please reveal your secrets, I could only dream of such deepz e_e

[nA] Professional Guild Hall Decorator

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I’m too scared of my enemies to fight them in less than 2100 range.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Aragorn is a Ranger.

Aragorn used Greatsword and Sword/Shield (never warhorn though).

He rarely used a bow, and he never used a bear.

Therefor, Aragorn is a better Ranger than 90% of the GW2 population.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

And Legolas is a scrub DwarfBow ranger.

Cause BearBow would have been too mainstream.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I see no hunters.

Google’s definition of ranger:

1. A keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside.
2. A member of a body of armed men, in particular.

a mounted soldier.
a commando or highly trained infantryman.

3. A person or thing that wanders or ranges over a particular area or domain.

Rangers are the keepers of Tyria. Do no harm to brown bears, and they will do no harm to you.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I see no hunters.

Google’s definition of ranger:

1. A keeper of a park, forest, or area of countryside.
2. A member of a body of armed men, in particular.

a mounted soldier.
a commando or highly trained infantryman.

3. A person or thing that wanders or ranges over a particular area or domain.

Rangers are the keepers of Tyria. Do no harm to brown bears, and they will do no harm to you.

+2

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

infantryman.

>infantryman

"range"rs are supposed to melee

get it

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

infantryman.

>infantryman

get it

The word “ranger” doesn’t have as much to do with the word “range”. The only definition of the ones Ethics quoted that had anything to do with range is the one where a ranger is someone who wanders in the wilderness etc. The “range” part might have to do with the range he travels, not the range he fights foes at.

Get it

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Aragorn is a Ranger.

Aragorn used Greatsword and Sword/Shield (never warhorn though).

He rarely used a bow, and he never used a bear.

really? 90%?

ok, so tell us of all of the great rangers you’re aware of who you don’t roll with in guild runs or know of on this forum

practically every single pug ranger is a bearbow.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Emanuel.9781

infantryman.

>infantryman

get it

The word “ranger” doesn’t have as much to do with the word “range”. The only definition of the ones Ethics quoted that had anything to do with range is the one where a ranger is someone who wanders in the wilderness etc. The “range” part might have to do with the range he travels, not the range he fights foes at.

Get it

No, you get it.
Rangers are actually meant to range; guild wars 2 class description says so!

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I can think of maybe 3 people that can play Ranger well, and I’m included in that group.

Brazil

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

So we have a huge problem there that comes with the LFG, its almost impossible to make the party you want you will get random/lowbie or whatever. So i was thinking about it the other day. What if an Ele could summon a giant mace to one shot mobs and the fastest speed runs would just be 5 eles? That would suk for me as a warrior having to reroll to a caster. And i think its not their fault if the classes is extremly weak in PvE compared to guardian/warrior, the person just likes his class and he dosent have to reroll for something he dosent likes I think the problem is coming from the : DPS side because in PvE you pretty much only need 3 things ( might,fury, stability, vulnerability) Thats the most used stuff , the rest is all about kill the thing.

So its obvious that the content cant become very hard and require huge control effects or something but i think arenanet can buff their armor/hp + the base damage for PvE to solve the inbalance issue. I know alot of people dont care because they have dungeon guilds, but i pug 95% of my runs and wating 15min for the ‘right’ party is not fun or getting randoms and killing the boss for 15 mins its not fun either. And honestly the ‘’ ffriendly casual game’’ is kinda false lol. Gw2 speed run is probably the most elitist thing ive ever seen in a video game. seriously just fix their poor dps and poor armor and it should be okay.

The content is easy is why.

I wouldn’t bring a Warrior to CM over an ele or guardian.

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

So we have a huge problem there that comes with the LFG, its almost impossible to make the party you want you will get random/lowbie or whatever. So i was thinking about it the other day. What if an Ele could summon a giant mace to one shot mobs and the fastest speed runs would just be 5 eles? That would suk for me as a warrior having to reroll to a caster. And i think its not their fault if the classes is extremly weak in PvE compared to guardian/warrior, the person just likes his class and he dosent have to reroll for something he dosent likes I think the problem is coming from the : DPS side because in PvE you pretty much only need 3 things ( might,fury, stability, vulnerability) Thats the most used stuff , the rest is all about kill the thing.

So its obvious that the content cant become very hard and require huge control effects or something but i think arenanet can buff their armor/hp + the base damage for PvE to solve the inbalance issue. I know alot of people dont care because they have dungeon guilds, but i pug 95% of my runs and wating 15min for the ‘right’ party is not fun or getting randoms and killing the boss for 15 mins its not fun either. And honestly the ‘’ ffriendly casual game’’ is kinda false lol. Gw2 speed run is probably the most elitist thing ive ever seen in a video game. seriously just fix their poor dps and poor armor and it should be okay.

The content is easy is why.

Your signature really says it all, brah.

Brazil

AndrewSX.3794

Of the all possible content you could mention, you name the DG where Projectile Reflection/Disruption are everything that matter…Grats.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

infantryman.

>infantryman

get it

Get it

No, you get it.
Rangers are actually meant to range; guild wars 2 class description says so!

“Rangers are flexible and durable—proficient with the bow, yet surgical with the sword. They rely on a keen eye, a steady hand, and the power of nature to slay their targets. Their loyal pets, which rangers tame and train, distract enemies while the rangers strike safely from a distance. As an adventurer profession, rangers wear medium armor. "

No, it says ranging is SAFE. It also says you use your brainwashed pets as fodder so you can safely sit at range.

Emanuel.9781

I’m not sure if i’m being tricked right now.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

Funny thing is that ele would still be able to deal 300k damage in 3 seconds if fgs gets nerfed.

#.4 staff fire and #3 dagger fire, right?

Neither nor.

Then what? these 2 have same mechanic as fiery rush.

IMO It’s quite legit, because you’ll have to position your enemy directly next to a wall and hope your target doesn’t feel like moving an inch. And let’s face it, GW2 underwater combat is horrible and these two skills are fews of the only decent damage source.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Of the all possible content you could mention, you name the DG where Projectile Reflection/Disruption are everything that matter…Grats.

Arah is much more projectile-heavy than CM. A single mesmer can totally neutralize something like half of the bosses in that dungeon.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I seriously don’t give a kitten what ranger means or originate from. All I know is if I want my ranger to dps I bring a sword in most cases.

Oceanic [LOD]

AndrewSX.3794

Arah is much more projectile-heavy than CM. A single mesmer can totally neutralize something like half of the bosses in that dungeon.

I didn’t say it was the only one.

Reflects are probably one of the most OP things in Gw2 PvE atm, that’s a fact.

Dub.1273

Yeah, one out of eighteen bosses seems to be roughly the half.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Yeah, one out of eighteen bosses seems to be roughly the half.

Alphard, belka, mage crusher, last boss in p1 (stargazer I think), tar boss. (6/18)
Don’t think he neutralizes any boss in p4 though.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

(edited by Bismuth.3165)

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Reflects don’t really do a whole lot (if anything) on the tar boss himself, just the little nooby tars. You also forgot Lupicus

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I didn’t mention lupicus because that was the one Dub was talking about, when he said 1/18, the “1” was probably lupi, so I was mentioning other bosses.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

And for the bosses mentioned, would you say a mesmer “neutralised” them in the same sense of it neutralising Lupicus’ projectiles, or Old Tom (pre-nerf), or spiky fruit on Bjarl?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

The Mexican Cookie.3690

I would say the only boss that is truly neutralized by reflects in Arah is Alphard, but that’s only because he bugs when you push him which stops him from using Dagger Storm. Every other boss has attacks that reflects won’t stop.

I don’t think you can reflect Alphard’s dagger storm, in which case if he didn’t bug whenever any party melees him, there wouldn’t be any boss in Arah that is actually hard-countered by reflects. Other than that, Alphard is the only boss that can only damage you with ranged skills. Yes, I am counting the bomb as a ranged skill for the sake of argument, because he has to connect with scorpion wires for it to plant.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

If its one of the most op things then why is it not needed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKy67S6uvNU watch this NO protections skills all the way dps and he beat arah solo. Keep in mind that arah is one of the hardest dungeon so the same goes to other dungeons as well.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I would also include Crusher and Hunter because the most dangerous thing is Immobilize spam from Hunter.

Dub.1273

I didn’t mention lupicus because that was the one Dub was talking about, when he said 1/18, the “1” was probably lupi, so I was mentioning other bosses.

No, i was talking of alphard because that is the only boss that can be totally neutralized with one mesmer. And even alphard requires other people meeling, else even alphard can’t be neutralized.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: tom.7468

tom.7468

I would also include Crusher and Hunter because the most dangerous thing is Immobilize spam from Hunter.

Kudos to you in the video simply awesome

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

If its one of the most op things then why is it not needed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKy67S6uvNU watch this NO protections skills all the way dps and he beat arah solo. Keep in mind that arah is one of the hardest dungeon so the same goes to other dungeons as well.

Reflections are undoubtedly the most overpowered mechanic in PvE, if you don’t know that by now then you must be playing the wrong game or something.. I’m not sure when the word “overpowered” began to mean “impossible to play without” but your logic is horribly flawed.

[DnT]

Dub.1273

Reflections aren’t generally overpowered, my opinion is that they are quite in balance for most content. There are exceptions, of course.

Dub | [rT]

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Reflects are overpowered, absorbs (see: shield of the avenger) are in a reasonable spot. High damage in addition to really good defensive utility is kind of over the top imo.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Skills that let you pseudo-AFK through a target’s core mechanics at little to no DPS loss are completely broken. I mean I’m definitely no Guardian expert but it’s not like Warrior where you can just load utilities up with multiple ‘Signets of hitting harder’ or ‘Shouts of supreme skull crushing’ or even ‘Banners of slaying hoes’

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

The best Warrior build is 30/25/0/0/15 with 4 signets.

Brazil

Dub.1273

Reflects are overpowered, absorbs (see: shield of the avenger) are in a reasonable spot. High damage in addition to really good defensive utility is kind of over the top imo.

Reflections have their weakness (e.g. against reflecting enemies), do not even destroy (or save you from) all projectiles and usually deal really low damage.

Dub | [rT]

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

No, i was talking of alphard because that is the only boss that can be totally neutralized with one mesmer. And even alphard requires other people meeling, else even alphard can’t be neutralized.

You can easily solo-melee Alphard. It only takes one to bug out his lightning spin. The rest of the time you just spend spamming Wardens on him so you have 100% reflect uptime and then just do whatever. Even if you don’t glitch him and he does his spin, you just run to cover then go back to reflecting him dead.

Also, you forgot the Berserker Abomination (it shuts down the Inquest so you can just afk the Abom), the Wraithlord Hunter/Crusher combo (since the Hunter is the only real threat), and I believe you can also reflect most of the Lyssa boss’s attacks too, although it’s been a while since I ran that path. Then Lupicus and that really only leaves Ooze, Entities, Wraithlord, Balthazar, Melandru, Dwayna, and Bloodstone. And Dwayna and Bloodstone only really count because they don’t even have any real mechanics to neutralize other than DPS ME REALLY HARD.

Dub.1273

And when alphard is focusing his aggro on one other person ranging him he will do his spind and you didn’t neutralize him.

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Neutralize him on the plant in the corner.

Brazil

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

And when alphard is focusing his aggro on one other person ranging him he will do his spind and you didn’t neutralize him.

Then just kill him before he spins. It’s not too hard. I’ve done it even with pugs ranging him. Whenever he reaches a health threshold where he summons clones, he stops trying to spin and resets back into his regular attack pattern.

Dub.1273

Doesn’t neutralize him, one or two clones are going to reach you. Also that has nothing to do with mesmers reflections.

Dub | [rT]

Dub.1273

Yeah, you can obviously deal up to 364.2k damage in roughly 2 seconds.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Yeah, you can obviously deal up to 364.2k damage in roughly 2 seconds.

You have from when he summons a clone (reaches the previous health threshold) to the next time he spins. That is usually a good minute or so.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Neutralize him from on top of the tent with Yissa.

Brazil

Dub.1273

Doesn’t neutralize her, she reflects in the first second of her dagger storm.

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Use Longbow.

Brazil