PUG Behavior

PUG Behavior

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Can I say something >_>

I don’t mind staff as long as it’s not sat on and used the entire run. It’s good for speedclears, buffing up the might to 12 stacks, then justice virtue to hit the 15 before entering into a fight, then switching off it. A mesmer using sig of inspiration along side this will be sure to double it. I prefer the hammer’s circle of warding to line of warding, mostly because it means I’m on a useful in combat weapon and not stuck using weak staff attacks before I can switch out again. When just about to enter combat though, I am happy to start off with line from, staff then swap to hammer after to extend that cc with circle.

I dislike scepter more, and would only recommend using in a select few fights very periodically. People who literally use this as this main weapon should be a little ashamed and it really irritates me when I see it. Couple it with them not using their virtues and I say a kick is very much valid. If their wep setup is staff/sceptre/focus ( or shield), that’s when they really are wasting your time.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

PUG Behavior

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

See here’s the problem. You’re entitled to your own opinions. That’s cool. No one is forcing you to run what you don’t want. The problem comes when you presume that your knowledge is absolute.
That’s arrogance. And it’s ok to show it in the forums cause it doesn’t affect me. If I see a hint of that arrogance in my party, it’s kick time.

And you’re spreading misinformation by trying to say that a staff guardian contributes a lot to a dungeon group when GS, hammer and sword+focus do so much more.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

PUG Behavior

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

See here’s the problem. You’re entitled to your own opinions. That’s cool. No one is forcing you to run what you don’t want. The problem comes when you presume that your knowledge is absolute.
That’s arrogance. And it’s ok to show it in the forums cause it doesn’t affect me. If I see a hint of that arrogance in my party, it’s kick time.

And you’re spreading misinformation by trying to say that a staff guardian contributes a lot to a dungeon group when GS, hammer and sword+focus do so much more.

Many top players disagree with you. And that’s cool. Disagreement is cool. Arrogance is not.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Many top players disagree with you. And that’s cool. Disagreement is cool. Arrogance is not.

And who are these top players then.

PUG Behavior

bhagwad.4281

Sigh. So now we have come to this. Never mind. It doesn’t matter. By all means expound your knowledge on guardians. That’s a good thing. We can all use informed commentary.

Like I said, arrogance doesn’t matter on forums. Be as arrogant as you want, I don’t care. Do it in a party and you’re out of the team if I have anything to say about it.

Why is that so problematic to understand. You have a view. Good. I (and others) have another view. Good. What is this burning need you have to convert others to your side? Just relax and play the game you want to play. Who is stopping or threatening you?

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

And yet I’m not yelling at everyone in my dungeon group when they’re bad. When we got to mossman, I told the group “go full melee” and then “rally on the wolves” because the ranger was shortbow spamming , and then at jade maw I told the scepter guard “colossus reflects projectiles” – and they kept firing their scepter. Sure I’m forceful on the forum, but considering I went in to a fractal group and then started playing with them, knowing there was a ranger and they were mostly new to fractals (besides this other mesmer with us) and so most likely weren’t full berserker, why would I then yell at them for something I knew the answer to?

I think we might have had a bit of a miscommunication.
I was talking to OP directly and answering his question, not continuing the semi-derail thread of conversation you folks are on.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Ha, I got kicked from a grp once because when they started to really annoy me with things like “do this, do that” (you know, the kind of “good advice” pr0 players like to give, totally useless/senseless… just so they can feel pr0… put up wall there, use shield now – open your eyes id… its already there…) and I answered sarcastically, “no I will use staff at shaman fractal endboss -.-”
(Was not really unhappy about it :> )

Because, lets face it, staff is the least usable weapon in pve for guardian. Line of Warding? Ring of Warding → hammer, and hammer has better skills than staff.
The only place I like to use Staff is in magg’s bombroom.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

This is bit old story but only time I have ever got kicked when playing seriously.

I was in Arah p3 speedrun (or something) group. It was bit slow but we didn’t have any big issues. Then as usually at the room before Lupicus, people destroy those Turrets. What I always do is just run past first ones and only destroy if it is really needed. That time I got lucky and none spawned near Abominations so I ran straight to them and started killing.
Suddenly 2-3 guys get downed, I look back and notice there’s one Illusionist (maybe something else too). I guess I should have just left them there but I always try to get people up so I run back and go revive. I don’t remember exact details because it was bit hectic but I got some of them up and at some point there was even more Risen and everyone got killed.
So when I used Vengeance and tried to get last guy up (he probably had his reasons to not use his when I got downed) I get booted.
I asked one guy what happened and he told me I had pulled enemies and got everyone killed. Technically he was correct but I still feel happy for being the instance owner.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Sigh. So now we have come to this. Never mind. It doesn’t matter. By all means expound your knowledge on guardians. That’s a good thing. We can all use informed commentary.

Like I said, arrogance doesn’t matter on forums. Be as arrogant as you want, I don’t care. Do it in a party and you’re out of the team if I have anything to say about it.

Why is that so problematic to understand. You have a view. Good. I (and others) have another view. Good. What is this burning need you have to convert others to your side? Just relax and play the game you want to play. Who is stopping or threatening you?

Because I can not comprehend why people would purposely choose to play bad when there’s a better way to play and it’s not even that hard to do. The way I see it:

1. Why use bad weapons when you can use good ones
2. Why use bad gear when you can use good gear

Aesthetics isn’t even an argument since you can transmute.

You know, myself being new to MMOs my friend always gave me the impression players get a giant kitten over big damage numbers (even when I just played single player RPGs I loved seeing the big numbers), but it’s as if people like you actively try to avoid contributing to your dungeon parties by using suboptimal builds and gear.

PUG Behavior

bhagwad.4281

Because I can not comprehend why people would purposely choose to play bad when there’s a better way to play and it’s not even that hard to do. The way I see it:

1. Why use bad weapons when you can use good ones
2. Why use bad gear when you can use good gear

Aesthetics isn’t even an argument since you can transmute.

You know, myself being new to MMOs my friend always gave me the impression players get a giant kitten over big damage numbers (even when I just played single player RPGs I loved seeing the big numbers), but it’s as if people like you actively try to avoid contributing to your dungeon parties by using suboptimal builds and gear.

See, that right there is the arrogance I don’t want in my group. Here’s how you could have rephrased it to remain:

“In my experience I haven’t found the staff to be all that useful, so I personally don’t run it”.

See the difference? Same stuff, but you show respect for other people’s opinions. Bottom line: As long as you think you’re right and everyone else is wrong….I have a problem with you in my group.

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

Nobody forces anyone to group with someone else. And going on in this thread how a certain weapon is bad and everyone even OWNING one is worse, well… that’s just childish.

There are without a doubt certain situations where equipping a staff can be really useful, like if your group doesnt have a warrior (OHMYGOSH I KNOW…) or a mesmer.

In a perfect world, with perfect players, as a guardian… you wont need staff. You can take your GS or Hammer and get all those nice pretty numbers. But… world isnt perfect. So saying “Ill kick any guardian that has equipped staff even ONCE in his or her short life”… it’s kind off close-minded.

As a side note: best players I ever played with were open for new setups, new theories, without any “owwwww…. are you … that doesnt work AT ALL” attitude. Actually, one of them I think was a robot… he only ever kept saying “inc” and “add”… well, nvm.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

This colesy is a trully troll, or a hater of guardians, pathetic.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

See, that right there is the arrogance I don’t want in my group. Here’s how you could have rephrased it to remain:
“In my experience I haven’t found the staff to be all that useful, so I personally don’t run it”.
See the difference? Same stuff, but you show respect for other people’s opinions. Bottom line: As long as you think you’re right and everyone else is wrong….I have a problem with you in my group.

So you want me to phrase myself nicely to some complete stranger on the internet.

Said stranger also refuses to acknowledge their weapon choice is wrong and that they’re not playing their class well.

Okay, and I should also be nice to that guard in the fractal I did who used scepter ON A JADE COLOSSUS THAT REFLECTS PROJECTILES.

Not a troll, I just seek to right wrongs, such as people trying to claim certain weapons or strategies are good for dungeons when they aren’t.

I am also not a hater of guardians since I have hundreds of hours on my guard, full t3 cultural on them, three ascended trinkets and almost every weapon in their inventory just in case a use for them might come up (minus torch and mace which are basically complete junk).

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I could tolerate Scepter guardian. What I cannot tolerate is an Elementaist with no Focus on Level 38 FoTM.

As a Warrior, I carry 11 weapons in my inventory. And this lazy elementalist cannot carry 4!?

Have a full weaponset, or kick.

PUG Behavior

bhagwad.4281

So you want me to phrase myself nicely to some complete stranger on the internet.

Said stranger also refuses to acknowledge their weapon choice is wrong and that they’re not playing their class well.

Okay, and I should also be nice to that guard in the fractal I did who used scepter ON A JADE COLOSSUS THAT REFLECTS PROJECTILES.

Not a troll, I just seek to right wrongs, such as people trying to claim certain weapons or strategies are good for dungeons when they aren’t.

I am also not a hater of guardians since I have hundreds of hours on my guard, full t3 cultural on them, three ascended trinkets and almost every weapon in their inventory just in case a use for them might come up (minus torch and mace which are basically complete junk).

Yes. You have to be nice to everyone no matter what if you want to be in my group. First person to be arrogant or use abuses no matter what gets the kick.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

YOU are wrong, they are playing their class well. It’s not your business what the other guy is using.

You can make your own groups with your personal demands, but you shouldn’t pretend that your playstyle is the right one.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Yes. You have to be nice to everyone no matter what if you want to be in my group. First person to be arrogant or use abuses no matter what gets the kick.

Well i wouldn’t be in your group anyway since you’d take along weak classes and trash builds. There’s a good reason why I purposely look for lfgs saying things like experienced, no noobs, gearcheck, speed run because it’s one of the few ways to filter out the trash from making your run longer than it needs to be.

YOU are wrong, they are playing their class well. It’s not your business what the other guy is using.

No I’m not wrong at all. Playing their class well is running full zerker and learning to dodge slow, clearly choreographed deadly attacks, not playing a staff guardian or some pvt/healing trash.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

Well i wouldn’t be in your group anyway since you’d take along weak classes and trash builds. There’s a good reason why I purposely look for lfgs saying things like experienced, no noobs, gearcheck, speed run because it’s one of the few ways to filter out the trash from making your run longer than it needs to be.

No I’m not wrong at all. Playing their class well is running full zerker and learning to dodge slow, clearly choreographed deadly attacks, not playing a staff guardian or some pvt/healing trakitten

appears we have a different opinion on what is trash.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Poor Colesy getting ganged up on. Shame he’s right.
Dungeon difficulty is at a point where it’s not about success or failure, it’s about how fast you can charge through it so you have enough time to do other path/farm. The latter being the case it’s all about doing big damage and bringing the least amount of defensive measures as you can. Every point you invest in defence, be it gear/traits/skills/weapons, is a point you are deducting from offence, which in turn makes the dungeon go for unnecessarily longer as a well timed roll will replace all the defence in the world.
As a Warrior I used to run a hybrid of PVT and Zerkers, with of all things Banner Healing and yes, that made me a terrible player and a leech on my team. Full berserker is all you need (small exception to high level fractals where you may need someone to fill the ‘anchor’ slot.)

Also @ Kain I’m glad I’m not the only Warrior who does that, I have two swords stashed in there, like, when am I ever going to need OH sword over anything else? I just don’t know…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

appears we have a different opinion on what is trash.

Then somebody needs to learn to play.

Run COE with 3 zerk warriors, 1 zerk guard and a zerk mes. Run COF p1 with 4 zerk warriors and 1 zerk mesmer.

Then go to a normal pug, most likely running awful classes and trash gear and compare your run times. Your zerk groups will blitz through everything like a hot knife through butter, the pugs in PVT will just chip away slowly, and yet most likely the zerkers won’t even die despite having jack all in defensive attributes but will burn down all of the bosses and mobs faster than the random pug.

Poor Colesy getting ganged up on. Shame he’s right.

Thank you. No way are people in this community so dense so as to think support builds are actually good. If they don’t want to try out a speed run group themselves, then Strife has a ton of videos on his profile, they could just watch those to show them the error of their ways.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

I cringe everytime someone tells me they are a ‘support guardian’ in full clerics.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

Then

compare your run times.

No.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

What kind of behavior would you choose to say, “Well, this PUG had their chance, it’s kick time.”?

I was recently doing AR with my guildies, but we had 1 spot we needed filled, so we grabbed a PUG. He D/Cs before the end boss, so we eventually decide to pick up another PUG rather than four person the run. Picked up a guardian meaning that our group was Guard x3, warrior, elementalist.

We go in and myself, our other guardian and our warrior are meleeing Mai, trying to get the electric circles to pop up under us so we can pull the stacks off of her.

The PUG guardian is using his scepter and staying at range. Which is okay, just slightly annoying when the electric circles pop up under him and it becomes more difficult to get Mai to end up in one.

After the first 25%, when Mai jumps back down, the PUG says in chat, “lol why are you guys dpsing her?”
To which I reply, “We’re trying to get the electric fields on her, what are you doing?”
He says, “Better than you”

Now, this guy just jumps in at the last boss, is in a guild run, and the first thing he says is basically an insult. My first thought is to kick this guy then and there, but then I always hated the idea of just kicking a person and I try to avoid it. I know we could have 4 personed this fight. In the end we chose not to kick this PUG, but I know I put him on my block list. Would you guys have given him the boot? Do you feel it would have been justifiable?

On a side note, is meleeing Mai Trin really that odd?

You don’t have to melee Mai Trin. Just stay in close range so she gets hit by the electric field by the first mate. But yeah I’d want to kick someone with that type of attitude too.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Then

compare your run times.

No.

Awww, you mad I’m right? You PVT carebears ran out of arguments so now you’ve resorted to “no”?

And this is why I’m so “offensive” with my posts, because people running trash builds, trash classes and trash gear don’t accept it, they just go “you’re wrong”.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

colesy is 100% right, just fyi

Retired. Too many casuals.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

I shouldn’t ever mention scepter camping again, so much drama.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

Then

compare your run times.

No.

Awww, you mad I’m right? You PVT carebears ran out of arguments so now you’ve resorted to “no”?

And this is why I’m so “offensive” with my posts, because people running trash builds, trash classes and trash gear don’t accept it, they just go “you’re wrong”.

I’m not mad, and I’m not out of arguments.

You are so “offensive”, because you fail to understand that not everyone wants to play like you or with you, partly because of your jerk attitude.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

Colesy has some valid reasons for his vehemence towards people running the substandard. Here’s one reason I encountered today.

Attachments:

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

I like using scepter or staff 2 in maw, it’s the closest thing to tk in this game. And it takes a lot of skill to actually hit someone with it…

YES, LETS CRUCIFY everybody using mf sigil, wearing scepter or staff (guardian OR ele), signets (any class), condition based builds, ranger, pets, rifle, longbow…. the list is endless, just to shorten it:
Lets crucify everybody not playing a mesmer, guardian, warrior geared with zerker and using certain hyped builds. KK?!

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Colesy has some valid reasons for his vehemence towards people running the substandard. Here’s one reason I encountered today.

I feel so bad for you… have you recovered yet? :<

Dr Winston | [DnT]

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

I feel so bad for you… have you recovered yet? :<

Just finished wiping the blood from my bleeding eyes.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

I like using scepter or staff 2 in maw, it’s the closest thing to tk in this game. And it takes a lot of skill to actually hit someone with it…

YES, LETS CRUCIFY everybody using mf sigil, wearing scepter or staff (guardian OR ele), signets (any class), condition based builds, ranger, pets, rifle, longbow…. the list is endless, just to shorten it:
Lets crucify everybody not playing a mesmer, guardian, warrior geared with zerker and using certain hyped builds. KK?!

Someone sounds like they think magic find and signet combinations is acceptable behavior. Good for you! You rock on my man! Power to the individuals!

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

I hate it when people dont get the point

My post is about YOU posting a screenshot of some poor random guy, maybe about 1 month into this game, and saying “SEE what a failure this guy is”. Pointless. Cruel.
Reminds me a lot off people getting put in stocks for swearing. Didnt really work then either, now did it?

Btw, I noticed he at least used all his virtues, which is more than I can say about most guardians I pug with.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

I hate it when people dont get the point

My post is about YOU posting a screenshot of some poor random guy, maybe about 1 month into this game, and saying “SEE what a failure this guy is”. Pointless. Cruel.

Btw, I noticed he at least used all his virtues, which is more than I can say about most guardians I pug with.

With 5778 Achievement points and the dungeon master title. Sure keep up the excuses I’m all ears. Also I don’t believe him to be a failure, no. He has made a conscious decision to leech of his party and provide the bare minimum. I see him as a selfish individual.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

Someone sounds like they think magic find and signet combinations is acceptable behavior. Good for you! You rock on my man! Power to the individuals!

It is acceptable behaviour. Maybe not to self-righteous pricks like some people posting here, but it is.

If he wants to use it, let him. If you think there are better options, you can tell him. But don’t act like you are the authority on the right build, right skills etc.

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

Sorry, but having dungeon master title nowadays by no means says you have experience.

With only bare minimum of facts, YOU tend to see the worst, and I tend to see someone in need of some improvement. Did you take the time to point him to some nice group-oriented builds here or on guru? Or what is it you did with him? After all, that`s what this topic is about. Not a competition about who had to endure the worst random player ever.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

It is acceptable behaviour. Maybe not to self-righteous pricks like some people posting here, but it is.

If he wants to use it, let him. If you think there are better options, you can tell him. But don’t act like you are the authority on the right build, right skills etc.

I don’t have that authority, and I really don’t care what people run, but when I spend time out of my day to form a party, and go into a dungeon, the last thing I want is my time wasted by someone acting selfishly. People can do whatever they want, but the moment it starts affecting me and my party negatively, that’s when I reserve my right to kick them.

I love this assumption that I’m some sort of scumbag for finding selfish behavior disgusting. I love that I’m the scumbag, for running the best build and gear available to me, regardless of what other people running because I want to make as much of a contribution as possible. I love that because I at least expect people to try and contribute, I’m the horrible person here. I love the assumption, that because I respect my team mates to the point where I will not accept selfish leeching players, I’m the kitten.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

Sorry, but having dungeon master title nowadays by no means says you have experience.

With only bare minimum of facts, YOU tend to see the worst, and I tend to see someone in need of some improvement. Did you take the time to point him to some nice group-oriented builds here or on guru? Or what is it you did with him? After all, that`s what this topic is about. Not a competition about who had to endure the worst random player ever.

Carebear arguments are really starting to bore me.. here, read up on this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

Also I might add, it is you with the bare minimum of facts, as you were not actually in the dungeon with this person.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

I don’t have that authority, and I really don’t care what people run, but when I spend time out of my day to form a party, and go into a dungeon, the last thing I want is my time wasted by someone acting selfishly. People can do whatever they want, but the moment it starts affecting me and my party negatively, that’s when I reserve my right to kick them.

I love this assumption that I’m some sort of scumbag for finding selfish behavior disgusting. I love that I’m the scumbag, for running the best build and gear available to me, regardless of what other people running because I want to make as much of a contribution as possible. I love that because I at least expect people to try and contribute, I’m the horrible person here. I love the assumption, that because I respect my team mates to the point where I will not accept selfish leeching players, I’m the kitten.

You are the horrible person here because you think these players are selfish and are wasting your time.

Not only that, you come to the forums and spew your sanctimonious nonsense, patting each other on the back for it, like you are doing something good.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

You are the horrible person here because you think these players are selfish and are wasting your time.

Not only that, you come to the forums and spew your sanctimonious nonsense, patting each other on the back for it, like you are doing something good.

Patting each other on the back? there’s more than one of me?

Good god I really am the scumbag here for doing my best for the team and expecting it in return. Here’s the link for you too https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

Good god I really am the scumbag here for doing my best for the team and expecting it in return demanding that everyone plays the way I like.

Fixed it for you.

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

And why shouldnt you kick him? Or where does it state – in this thread – that you should be forced to endure him? I admit, this thread has gone off the rails in about the 3rd post? or something like that, with people sprouting wide generalizations about weapons availabe to guardians. But it says nowhere: you have to play with them or even you have to teach them.

When Im getting out my scepter at maw, trying to kill friendlies… Im always prepared for a kick. Same with me answering sarcastically to useless instructions. And no, I usually dont open a dungeon / instance because I tend to have one dc every few hours, most of the time at worst possible moment. And even after coming back after dc, Im prepared for not having a group anymore, even though it usually takes me less than a minute to re-join.

So what kind of behaviour makes me kick somebody? Well, no behaviour because I dont kick, I leave. What behaviour makes me anticipate a kick? Being sarcastic, annoying, tk, afk for a long time. What behaviour I dont really think deserves a kick: unconventional builds, if lfg wasnt for some specific build, newbish behaviour (also: only if lfg wasnt specifically for an experienced player).

/edit:
Swiftpaw, your “bad guy” attitude reminds me a lot of those hip hop “singing” guys talking about how bad everything was in their “ghetto” while still getting their clothes washed by their mums ^^. Think about it You might call yourself a scumbag, Im just calling you a hypocrite.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

Good god I really am the scumbag here for doing my best for the team and expecting it in return demanding that everyone plays the way I like.

Fixed it for you.

But I’m not .:) I’m just asking they don’t run magic find and leech from the party. Much like if you expected someone not to join a dungeon party naked. I even include it in my lfg advertisement- no magic finders, and yet They still join. Oh wow I’m so demanding.

*yawn * it’s all the same really, I even tailored my signature a couple weeks back for these braincell killing conversations. People arrive to that same generalization because they lack respect for anyone who doesn’t agree with them.

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

But I’m not .:)

But you are It’s in every post you make.

“leech”, “waste my time” etc.

In case you misunderstood what I’m talking about, I support a playstyle where “doing your best” means doing your best with whatever you have equipped and whatever skills you chose to use. Not choosing skills someone else thinks are better “for the team” or whatever.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Running kitten builds (aka magic find for example) on open world PvE is fine by me. But if you enter a dungeon with that kitten it starts affecting other players which need to carry you since your using bad builds or your just using magic find for loot. This means the other 4 players need to work harder to make up for it which is just unfair for them, if i see a luck sigil/a kittening parrot from the MF runes i will kick asap.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

And why shouldnt you kick him? Or where does it state – in this thread – that you should be forced to endure him? I admit, this thread has gone off the rails in about the 3rd post? or something like that, with people sprouting wide generalizations about weapons availabe to guardians. But it says nowhere: you have to play with them or even you have to teach them.

When Im getting out my scepter at maw, trying to kill friendlies… Im always prepared for a kick. Same with me answering sarcastically to useless instructions. And no, I usually dont open a dungeon / instance because I tend to have one dc every few hours, most of the time at worst possible moment. And even after coming back after dc, Im prepared for not having a group anymore, even though it usually takes me less than a minute to re-join.

So what kind of behaviour makes me kick somebody? Well, no behaviour because I dont kick, I leave. What behaviour makes me anticipate a kick? Being sarcastic, annoying, tk, afk for a long time. What behaviour I dont really think deserves a kick: unconventional builds, if lfg wasnt for some specific build, newbish behaviour (also: only if lfg wasnt specifically for an experienced player).

/edit:
Swiftpaw, your “bad guy” attitude reminds me a lot of those hip hop “singing” guys talking about how bad everything was in their “ghetto” while still getting their clothes washed by their mums ^^. Think about it You might call yourself a scumbag, Im just calling you a hypocrite.

A hypocrite.. More of those personal insults to distract from your lack of credible argument. Good to see the maturity of the person who claims to have the moral high ground.

If you are happy to get halfway through a fractal and then someone pulls out their magic find set, sits at the back using only ranged weapons, and feel that you are the one should leave, good for you, but I’ll be kicking that person and moving on. And I’ll be happy to tell people ( here or in game) that I find that behavior unacceptable, because it happens too often and it’s not fair on anyone else in the team. They are free to run that set with thier own teams, and with people who do the same thing, but I do not believe it fair to do to in pugs.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

In case you misunderstood what I’m talking about, I support a playstyle where “doing your best” means doing your best with whatever you have equipped and whatever skills you chose to use. Not choosing skills someone else thinks are better “for the team” or whatever.

I guess you could just enter a dungeon naked and ‘do your best’ and that would be acceptable too right

And yes, they do waste my time. And they are leeching. Because they have a statistic called magic find which they sacrifice to increase their rewards which does not benefit the team in the slightest. however, If that’s how they want to play, they can. But not in my teams. They can waste their own time, not mine, and not my team’s.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

We’ve had the MF conversation before. Feel free to read my posts there if you care:

Magic Find – What I don’t like

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

What argument? ^^ Im not arguing with you, Im just responding to your posts. Arguing would be me saying a, you saying b, we sometime in the future get to the conclusion that c is about the right way to go.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Anyone that runs magic find in dungeons are actually leeching tho, even if they intended to or not, those stats are taking up space for actually combat stats. Meaning those people are less effective then other. Causing the need to carry them, and most really don’t want to do that.
Your not doing your “BEST” if you in MF gear, i’m more understanding if the person is in none full exotics/ascended gear because maybe that is the best a person has atm. Or not running food buff (i’m fine with mf food, as i don’t run with any food 100% of the time in dungeons and it doesn’t mean as much imo). But people in MF gear choose to not play at their best.

MF gear belongs in the open world.