PUG Behavior

PUG Behavior

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

We’ve had the MF conversation before. Feel free to read my posts there if you care:

Magic Find – What I don’t like

I’ll be taking the dev’s response to that:

‘It’s not a choice that’s great for game play and there isn’t really anything that fun about it, even more so when group composition is taken into account.’

Once again, if you want to go run suboptimal teams, go ahead. I’m not stopping you. If people want to run magic find and full ranged, go ahead. But don’t drag other people into it. Do it in your own time.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

What argument? ^^ Im not arguing with you, Im just responding to your posts. Arguing would be me saying a, you saying b, we sometime in the future get to the conclusion that c is about the right way to go.

Ah that makes more sense then. You don’t have an argument and you are just flinging insults in the hope that I will accept whatever it is you have to say. Got it.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

I rather think, the problem here is, that you dont really know what arguing is. Im not arguing about my observations of your behaviour, because they are just that, observations.

I argued about people saying scepter/staff is bad all the time, pointing out that there are some situations where both can be useful. But I didnt see you respond to any of those arguments, so I kind off thought it was closed.

What you are doing is: taking my observations, and trying to get me to argue about them. Now why would I do that? O_O

=====
Just remembered: another behaviour I leave a group for is constant bickering of one or more. Or group decides on a certain tactic and then someone wants to press his tactic and just does what he likes, thereby getting everybody killed, sometimes even crowing afterwards “told you, doesnt work”.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

I like using scepter or staff 2 in maw, it’s the closest thing to tk in this game. And it takes a lot of skill to actually hit someone with it…

YES, LETS CRUCIFY everybody using mf sigil, wearing scepter or staff (guardian OR ele), signets (any class), condition based builds, ranger, pets, rifle, longbow…. the list is endless, just to shorten it:
Lets crucify everybody not playing a mesmer, guardian, warrior geared with zerker and using certain hyped builds. KK?!

I’ll quote this one, as it’s obviously where you decided that start with the sarcastic commentary aimed at me. At the top of page 2 I believe, you can see my stance on scepter/staff. I already made my opinion clear so that is irrelevant. Your ‘observations’ just happen to be thinly veiled insults hurled in my direction concerning my character, because you disagree with my views on people running magic find.

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

Actually, I just dont agree with people posting screenshots showing only minimal information. I never even said anything about people running mf, see, I make a distinction there with someone just using mf sigil and someone equipped fully in mf gear.

All I saw on your screenshot was a guardian using signets and scepter/staff, having the bad taste to use mf sigil. It doesnt even show what mf sigil ^^ My guess would be the rare one, because he doesnt use omnom-bars. Which rather doesnt point towards someone running full mf gear, now does it? Also there’s no mention of anything else, like AP or he died when getting aggro, or he stayed back all the time, only spamming staff 1+2 for getting loot.

So excuse me for not jumping on your bash-train and pointing out how ridiculous it is to condemn someone or something by posting some screenshot totally out of any context or how ridiculous it is to try to press everybody into using THE build and THE class that is considered fotm.

You made your opinion clear and now everything else is irrelevant? ^^ Now that I find rather intrigueing.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

Actually, I just dont agree with people posting screenshots showing only minimal information. I never even said anything about people running mf, see, I make a distinction there with someone just using mf sigil and someone equipped fully in mf gear.

All I saw on your screenshot was a guardian using signets and scepter/staff, having the bad taste to use mf sigil. It doesnt even show what mf sigil ^^ My guess would be the rare one, because he doesnt use omnom-bars. Which rather doesnt point towards someone running full mf gear, now does it? Also there’s no mention of anything else, like AP or he died when getting aggro, or he stayed back all the time, only spamming staff 1+2 for getting loot.

So excuse me for not jumping on your bash-train and pointing out how ridiculous it is to condemn someone or something by posting some screenshot totally out of any context or how ridiculous it is to try to press everybody into using THE build and THE class that is considered fotm.

You assume I’m on some sort of ‘bash train’ (lol, this just gets even more stupid doesn’t it.), I was simply explaining why people before me have ran out of patience, I’m not condemning anyone. I might also add, that later on in the run when I asked him about it, he admitted to running magic find with the argument that he didn’t care, he felt he was good enough as is.

Once again it’s back to the personal attacks however. I never once talked of making anyone run a certain build or a certain class.. I have no idea where you pull these amazing stories from. I suppose i could mention that it’s exactly what he did, he stood back and auto attacked, mostly with scepter and did nothing else, but hey, I’d much rather let you make the assumption he’s just an innocent bystander who has to deal with my elitist tyranny. If anyone is condemning, it’s you.

Whatever you have to say is irrelevant because all it is is gibbering on about how awful a person I am.. next I’ll be burning down an orphanage. You should know by now that the more you persist in this, the more time you are wasting.. you;re also going to be wasting mine because I’m just about to have an amazing toasted sandwich which I believe has more substance than anything you have said this entire thread. So i’ll be enjoying my sandwich, ty very much

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

PUG Behavior

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Here’s the thing. Those who want to allow anyone in their groups can do so. Those who want to focus on efficiency can do so. Why is it any skin off of anyone’s kitten which choice someone else makes?

Oh, wait. The efficiency gang is saying, “Fine, do what you want in your groups, I’ll do what I want in mine.” The righteously indignant are saying the efficiency guys are the scum of the earth. Seems pretty clear who’s being a kitten, here.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Your ‘observations’ just happen to be thinly veiled insults hurled in my direction concerning my character, because you disagree with my views on people running magic find.

Your views on people running magic find are offensive.

PUG Behavior

swiftpaw.6397

<attachments>

And then you are wondering why people think you are the scum of the earth?

Keep wondering.

Keep whining. /yawn

PUG Behavior

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Your ‘observations’ just happen to be thinly veiled insults hurled in my direction concerning my character, because you disagree with my views on people running magic find.

lol.

Because swiftpaw finding magic find users leechers is soooo offensive, when it’s just the reality. If we have a hypothetical dungeon party, each player should be contributing 20%, an MF user means everybody else has to contribute 22.5% while the MF guy contributes 10% to the run (random numbers pulled out my backside, but just remember if the whole party is full zerk, the MF user even if using power/prec/mf is giving up spades and spades and spades of crit damage).

Do you guys actually see what you’re writing?

You’re defending people who leech off your parties, and you’re defending people who intentionally drag your parties down by running suboptimal gear, knowing full well it is reducing the level of their contribution to the party.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

lol.

Because swiftpaw finding magic find users leechers is soooo offensive, when it’s just the reality. If we have a hypothetical dungeon party, each player should be contributing 20%, an MF user means everybody else has to contribute 22.5% while the MF guy contributes 10% to the run (random numbers pulled out my backside, but just remember if the whole party is full zerk, the MF user even if using power/prec/mf is giving up spades and spades and spades of crit damage).

Do you guys actually see what you’re writing?

You’re defending people who leech off your parties, and you’re defending people who intentionally drag your parties down by running suboptimal gear, knowing full well it is reducing the level of their contribution to the party.

20% of what?

I don’t include gear and skills in the equation. As long as the player is attacking the mobs that need to be attacked, doesn’t start fights before the party is ready, and is behaving like a decent person, he’s doing his full 20% as far as I’m concerned.

Do you see what you are writing from my point of view?

You think that running the gear you think is optimal is the only right way to run a dungeon. I think that your gear is just an optional and non-critical bonus, because dungeons are perfectly doable without it.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

The moment he starts using scepter or staff is when you boot or if it’s not your party, you leave. I don’t ever run with trash like that.

Sorry to be late to the party,
Such staff hatred, while its pitiful auto attack makes me wanna stab a kitten, I find the heals on 2 and the end of empowered to be quite useful in full zerker groups. With out them members would spend time below 90% making them do 10% less damage. Its not my main weapon but as a swap/2nd its nice to keep everyone topped off and scholar runes up. GS or s/f for primary but Staff for when (gasp) someone fails a dodge or your war just eats alpha’s circles to finish 100b because he was at 40k already or some kitten reason.

(edited by Ballads.2509)

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Anjhouli.7049

Anjhouli.7049

I always thought of myself as a rather patient person, who actually enjoys explainig dungeons and stuff do people new to the game/dungeon/path, who helps out, if someone needs help.
Because of this thread I now know: I’m a scumbag as well. Thank you mf-leechers, ignorant people and ultimate carebears, for this new insight about myself.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

20% of what?

Well I guess since dungeons are DPS races, 20% of DPS.

I don’t include gear and skills in the equation. As long as the player is attacking the mobs that need to be attacked, doesn’t start fights before the party is ready, and is behaving like a decent person, he’s doing his full 20% as far as I’m concerned.

“I don’t include gear and skills” and there is the problem. Of that 20% each player should be contributing, 19% comes from gear and traiting, and 1% comes from skill (learn 2 dodge). You can be the best player ever, but if you’re some warrior running MF gear you’re not going to be contributing the same as one in full berserker.

The problem here is you accept leechers and trash players running trash classes and builds just because “they’re attacking the mobs that need to be attacked”, and then immediately they have to leave it to the players who contribute actual DPS to finish them off since dungeons are full of silver mobs.

You think that running the gear you think is optimal is the only right way to run a dungeon.

Full zerker IS the only right way to run a dungeon. There is literally no reason to run anything besides full zerker. That’s not to say completing a dungeon is mutually exclusive to “doing it right”, just that there is actually a right way to run it since every other stat besides power, precision and crit damage doesn’t contribute to completing a dungeon at all. Secondly, it’s not just what I think, it’s what every player in the game who isn’t a scrub KNOWS. Full zerker > everything since dungeons are pure DPS races.

I think that your gear is just an optional and non-critical bonus, because dungeons are perfectly doable without it.

Yeah, I heard Simin is perfectly doable in parties with bad DPS.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Such staff hatred, while its pitiful auto attack makes me wanna stab a kitten, I find the heals on 2 and the end of empowered to be quite useful in full zerker groups.

Actually the heal on 2 is trash and empowered is useless when you have warriors spamming FGJ and the mesmer signeting them. 24 stacks of might and four players running a class that deals a ton of damage? Yes please.

With out them members would spend time below 90% making them do 10% less damage.

Or… they learn to dodge and still get the most out of their scholar runes.

Its not my main weapon but as a swap/2nd its nice to keep everyone topped off and scholar runes up.

Empower takes about 2 1/2 seconds to channel. Slave driver can be killed while still in time warp (10s duration). Why would it be better for you to contribute zero DPS during that time just to give like a 2k heal and 12 might stacks when the warriors all stack might themselves when the boss just melts if you all just wail on it full DPS?

GS or s/f for primary but Staff for when (gasp) someone fails a dodge or your war just eats alpha’s circles to finish 100b because he was at 40k already or some kitten reason.

So again, you’re fighting Alpha and spending 2 1/2 seconds channeling just to give your team an almost irrelevant heal (which could be done using your virtue of resolve anyway) since he hits so hard anyway. Do you know what’s better at helping your team? Give group aegis with your virtue of courage or retreat. Flat out prevents damage and still lets the warriors finish their 100b without you sacrificing any of your own DPS. In that 2 1/2 seconds, you could have put up the focus shield (which would detonate 0.5s later for maybe an 8k crit) and used zealot’s defense for a 10k burst rather than basically doing nothing.

Now before you give me the “well you dislike guards” shtick I got earlier from someone in the thread, I’ve spent hundreds of hours on mine, and found that full DPS with blocks and hold the line as your damage mitigation are perfectly fine in dungeons.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

20% of what?

Well I guess since dungeons are DPS races, 20% of DPS.

“I don’t include gear and skills” and there is the problem. Of that 20% each player should be contributing, 19% comes from gear and traiting, and 1% comes from skill (learn 2 dodge). You can be the best player ever, but if you’re some warrior running MF gear you’re not going to be contributing the same as one in full berserker.

The problem here is you accept leechers and trash players running trash classes and builds just because “they’re attacking the mobs that need to be attacked”, and then immediately they have to leave it to the players who contribute actual DPS to finish them off since dungeons are full of silver mobs.

You think that running the gear you think is optimal is the only right way to run a dungeon.

Full zerker IS the only right way to run a dungeon. There is literally no reason to run anything besides full zerker. That’s not to say completing a dungeon is mutually exclusive to “doing it right”, just that there is actually a right way to run it since every other stat besides power, precision and crit damage doesn’t contribute to completing a dungeon at all. Secondly, it’s not just what I think, it’s what every player in the game who isn’t a scrub KNOWS. Full zerker > everything since dungeons are pure DPS races.

I think that your gear is just an optional and non-critical bonus, because dungeons are perfectly doable without it.

Yeah, I heard Simin is perfectly doable in parties with bad DPS.

A dungeon is not a race. It’s a dungeon. You get through the mobs, you get loot. Nobody says you have to do it in the least possible amount of time – which btw is less fun imo.

None of the things you call “problems” are problems. I don’t accept trash players (meaning elitist kittenbags, not people who are playing perfectly fine with me). I don’t speedclear dungeons, ever.

Your “right way to run a dungeon” is not right for me and many other people. We’ll keep having fun, and you’ll keep looking for the “perfect” kittenbags, constantly coming on the forums to complain about “scrubs” that use a staff or some kitten you don’t like.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

20% of what?

Do you see what you are writing from my point of view?

You think that running the gear you think is optimal is the only right way to run a dungeon. I think that your gear is just an optional and non-critical bonus, because dungeons are perfectly doable without it.

You just went full kitten.
You probably think you’re a good player too because your character is so strong he can eat every single hit whilst still dealing a whopping 500 damage with each hit…

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

A dungeon is not a race. It’s a dungeon. You get through the mobs, you get loot. Nobody says you have to do it in the least possible amount of time – which btw is less fun imo.

Well the bosses are DPS races. It’s pretty much melt them asap or eat stupidly powerful one-shots. And before you say “well that’s because you’re wearing berserker”, toughness and vitality is practically irrelevant in some fights.Then you get some dungeon bosses like evolved destroyer who basically do nothing.

None of the things you call “problems” are problems.

Yes they are, because you’re saying players leeching is fine.

I don’t accept trash players (meaning elitist kittenbags, not people who are playing perfectly fine with me).

The elitist kittenbags who just want people to actually contribute their best in their parties. HOW DARE THEY. How dare they not want to party up with MF leechers and PVT carebears. Seriously dude, us “elitists” literally just want people who can pull their weight.

Your “right way to run a dungeon” is not right for me and many other people. We’ll keep having fun, and you’ll keep looking for the “perfect” kittenbags, constantly coming on the forums to complain about “scrubs” that use a staff or some kitten you don’t like.

And us “elitists” will continue having fun seeing how fast we can power through dungeons by playing with actual good players using good builds.

But go on, you keep taking on those MF leechers, you’re the only ones suffering when your dungeon party hits a brick wall while the “elitist” full zerk groups are just laying waste to everything in front of them, plus getting the same reward for less time spent.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

colesy is saying that all guardian weapons are useless, amazing.

Is this kinda of “hurr durr, zerk plz, no nubs, buaaaa” that is ruining this game.

But i agree that MF gear is stupid if you’re doing dungeons, Fractals.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Nope, GS and sword+focus are good. Hammer can be good for symbol too. Learn to read.

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

Such staff hatred, while its pitiful auto attack makes me wanna stab a kitten, I find the heals on 2 and the end of empowered to be quite useful in full zerker groups.

Actually the heal on 2 is trash and empowered is useless when you have warriors spamming FGJ and the mesmer signeting them. 24 stacks of might and four players running a class that deals a ton of damage? Yes please.

And there are no other groups, but groups with guardian, warriors and mesmer out there, no sir, there are not. Such a thing cannot be possible, at all !

Well, for you that’s how it is, perhaps, dont know you. But for the majority of us, we make do with what we get and adjust accordingly, therefore always have a staff with us in inventory and switching it in when necessary.

Maybe for YOU it isn’t necessary at any given moment because you like to run only with guardian/warrior/mesmer setup, and that’s fine. But for YOU to conclude that this means staff is a reason for kicking and a sign for a really bad player or even leecher, that’s just hilarious.

Nope, GS and sword+focus are good. Hammer can be good for symbol too. Learn to read.

Mace, sword, focus, shield… all amazing weapons. Guardian is one of the only two classes with all above-water weapons being good and usable.

/edit:
Btw, I think it rather funny how you keep calling yourself “elitists” in a pseudo-derogatory way. Ive played with elitists, people trying to get the last % out of everything by using the optimum setup. Strangely they never had the need to point that one out :/ And even more strange, they were always open for new possibilities… trying them out, discarding them or owning them.

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

And there are no other groups, but groups with guardian, warriors and mesmer out there, no sir, there are not. Such a thing cannot be possible, at all !
Well, for you that’s how it is, perhaps, dont know you. But for the majority of us, we make do with what we get and adjust accordingly, therefore always have a staff with us in inventory and switching it in when necessary.

And why should you have to make with what you get? How is that fair on you? You should be allowed to run in a strong group with ideal gear and classes. I have staff in inventory for those rare moments when the group wipes (like one time we were all literally just messaging each other against alpha and we just died, that’s how little we were paying attention, and even then his HP bar hit nearly zero) and I need some swiftness. That is literally it. I’m not joking, that’s it.

Maybe for YOU it isn’t necessary at any given moment because you like to run only with guardian/warrior/mesmer setup, and that’s fine. But for YOU to conclude that this means staff is a reason for kicking and a sign for a really bad player or even leecher, that’s just hilarious.

If I make a group or join a group, it is always a speed run where I am looking for people who aren’t scrubs. If I see the guardian is some “tank” with a staff, cleric’s gear or trash like that I either just leave or boot them if it’s my group. That’s just not needed.

Mace, sword, focus, shield… all amazing weapons. Guardian is one of the only two classes with all above-water weapons being good and usable.

Mace is trash, sword is good, focus is good, shield is trash.

Torch is also bad.

What use do you have for mace? Hammer is a better defense and control weapon, and shield has nice abilities but suffer cooldowns that are too long. torch … well I do my DPS on my GS or sword/focus and can spec condition removal.

Btw, I think it rather funny how you keep calling yourself “elitists” in a pseudo-derogatory way. Ive played with elitists, people trying to get the last % out of everything by using the optimum setup. Strangely they never had the need to point that one out :/ And even more strange, they were always open for new possibilities… trying them out, discarding them or owning them.

Note the inverted commas when I say “elitists”.

And we are open to new possibilities, it’s just you don’t show us new possibilities by saying scrubs running MF or trash PVT gear is “ok”. We are only interested in being as efficient as possible, and coming out with moronic BS like “staff is fine in dungeons” or “mace is good” is not helping us be efficient, it’s helping us show you are scrubs who can’t play.

(edited by colesy.8490)

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

In three simple words:
No perfect world.

And sorry, but I wont argue with you about the use of other weapons for your build. You want to run your build, thats fine. Others want to run their build, and thats fine too. Thats the point here. You dont want to have those running NOT your build not in your group, also fine. Nobody forces you to do that. Just as nobody should be forced to run your builds or having to defend their builds to you.

Cant you accept that there are other opinions that arent necessarily wrong just because they dont fit your view of how a group should work?

(edited by Yasi.9065)

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Stop denying they are wrong or inefficient.

I don’t care if people are running scrub builds or gear as long as they are :

1. aware that their gear is bad
2. aware that they are leeching off their team

But PVT carebears think their gear is actually good. That is the problem.

PUG Behavior

Yasi.9065

We started out with you saying staff is all the time bad. Now its suddenly about PVT gear or mf gear? Later one because someone posted a screenshot showing us a guardian with mf sigil. Because, yeah, him wearing scepter (or was it staff? idc) with mf sigil automatically means he has mf gear and pvt gear and… and anyway, he’s using staff/scepter !

Also wheretheheck did I say anything about pvt gear or mf gear or any build/gear for that matter being good? I didnt. You are interpreting way more in any of my posts, mixing them up, then there actually is.

All Im saying is that:
a) there are situations where staff/scepter can be useful
b) everybody has the right to run the build they like without being insulted for it
c) everybody has the right to play with whomever they like
d) calling oneself “elitist” doesnt mean one actually knows everything and has the right to criticize everybody not fitting into a certain mold.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

How far do you take it tho?If not running food and utility are you leaching off your team? If your running rubies instead of scholar are you leaching off your team? If your not 6/6 ascended are you leaching off your team? If you dont have all 6/6 5power/5ar infusions are you leaching off your team? I mean where is the line lol?

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

How far do you take it tho?If not running food and utility are you leaching off your team? If your running rubies instead of scholar are you leaching off your team? If your not 6/6 ascended are you leaching off your team? If you dont have all 6/6 5power/5ar infusions are you leaching off your team? I mean where is the line lol?

I cant speak for colesy but I normally kick pugs if i see: a luck sigil or a pirate bird from the runes (mf gear probably), 4+ signets on any class, dying a LOT (like every fight) or camping ranged literally the whole dungeon even none vet/silver trash. Everything else im normaly cool with since it is a PUG and i cant expect perfection when doing pug runs, but i still have some sort of standard.

BTW i created these kick “rules” for myself after many painful 3-4 hours fractal runs with leeching players and ive had enough…

Dr Winston | [DnT]

(edited by Delay.6908)

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If some is using food or better gear, then yes you are leeching off from him. Also if someone is playing better than you, again you are leeching off from him.

It’s natural that some people play better or have better gear. It becomes an issue when that disparity is too much (and that’s up to personal preference).
I personally don’t really care as long as run goes fine.

Also Magic Find is a selfish stat which is why it’s most often frowned upon.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

We started out with you saying staff is all the time bad. Now its suddenly about PVT gear or mf gear? Later one because someone posted a screenshot showing us a guardian with mf sigil. Because, yeah, him wearing scepter (or was it staff? idc) with mf sigil automatically means he has mf gear and pvt gear and… and anyway, he’s using staff/scepter !

When I say “PVT carebears” I’m referring to the whole spectrum of scrubs who think non-zerker gear and spec is actually good in dungeons (again, there is the exception of fotm 40+ if I recall correctly).

Regarding the picture, you can gather two things from the MF sigil:

1. There is a chance they are running MF trinkets and gear (because why would you just stop at, I think it’s 15% MF when you can go full leech and stack a ton of MF?).

2. They’re not using an actually helpful sigil. I join cof speed runs, and when people link their sigils of rage or whatever random crap it is, I tell them it’s better to run sigil of night, or at least smothering.

a) there are situations where staff/scepter can be useful

Fringe. If I see any tool ranging Mossman on FOTM 2 then I tell them to get in melee.

You only ever range when the mechanics basically prohibit you from melee or it’s extremely disadvantageous.

b) everybody has the right to run the build they like without being insulted for it

Actually they don’t. And as long as people here try to claim scrub builds and poor weapons are good, I will have to convince them otherwise. It’s the same for builds I use, I don’t have the right to run full zerker without being insulted, it’s just if you insult someone for using full zerker then you’re a scrub who can’t play since the dungeon mechanics in gw2 are so faceroll easy there’s no reason not to run full zerk.

c) everybody has the right to play with whomever they like

Of course. It’s just if you ask for experienced people for a speed run, don’t bring your MF or PVT, or eat a kick. Same for people asking for full dungeon runs with no skip, I’m not going to walk in to that party because it’s not what I’d like, and they wouldn’t like me trying to skip mobs.

d) calling oneself “elitist” doesnt mean one actually knows everything and has the right to criticize everybody not fitting into a certain mold.

There isn’t much to know. Run full zerk and have a trinity class or gtfo, unless you don’t want an efficient run.

I am criticising the people who are trying to claim certain gear and builds are good when they’re not. There is nothing wrong with running PVT, just don’t try to claim it’s good for dungeons.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

I’m not too fussed about food or utility, there’s times when I’ve not drank a flame legion slaying potion because I was doing 1 more run then going, and things like maintenance oils aren’t required at all in dungeons, going with the omnom bar is perfectly fine, if not supported if it’s a farming group. If somebody asked for omnom then I’d give them a bar.

Gear requirements for me are full exo zerker armour w/ruby orbs (scholar runes are fine too), appropriate weapons and zerker accessories (except backpieces since they can be a bit of a pain, I’m working on getting a fractal one). Sigils I don’t mind letting slip either.

PUG Behavior

AntiGw.9367

There isn’t much to know. Run full zerk and have a trinity class or gtfo, unless you don’t want an efficient run.

I am criticising the people who are trying to claim certain gear and builds are good when they’re not. There is nothing wrong with running PVT, just don’t try to claim it’s good for dungeons.

I never want what you call an “efficient run”.

Everything is good for dungeons, as long as people behave like I said above.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Gear requirements for me are full exo zerker armour w/ruby orbs (scholar runes are fine too), appropriate weapons and zerker accessories (except backpieces since they can be a bit of a pain, I’m working on getting a fractal one). Sigils I don’t mind letting slip either.

Are you claiming that ruby orbs are better than scholar runes?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

No, not everything is good in dungeons.

Stop being dense.

Nope, I’m stating I don’t mind people running ruby orbs.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Stop being dense.

Nope, I’m stating I don’t mind people running ruby orbs.

Just run what ever your feel is right with who ever you want, and don’t bother with what others do if they don’t fit that style, no point arguing. Let people believe what they want. I’m fine with most gear set with MF gear being the exception (just screams selfish to me) , imo skill > stats 9 times out of 10 in my experience

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

People can “run whatever they want” (read: PVT and cleric’s trash) in their own groups. If I and people I play with won’t allow non-zerker people in our groups that’s our prerogative.

Retired. Too many casuals.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

^Which is fine as long as you’re not making Semi-Pub groups…
I got kind of a out of left field one here….

B/c I actually liked Pugging in Gw1… Did the Z-dailies every chance I got.
It kept things interesting by always presenting varying degrees of difficulty which my Mesmer and Monk were always (well usually) always capable of salvaging….

That is to say: There’s almost NEVER a shortage of all DPS builds in any PUG you join.
What there usually isn’t ANY of, is someone to put Group-Buffing on top of them. (& heals).

Even in my guild dungeon runs, not much buff sharing & group healing seems to occur.
And what do we have available on that tangent that also double as MF%?? Givers!, along with Monk & Altruism… Then added to that, some of us who might choose to run those instead, also already did MOST of our DPS with reflects & retribution anyway :p ….there’s also Wayfarer’s which is pretty good Ghetto-Sentinels until they go ahead and make sentinels available again to EVERYONE (not just ppl with 30gold to blow on a single Exo armor set).

This matters… b/c I see lots of fights, like, daily basis here, where Zerkers are going down for longer than a few seconds and it REALLY cuts into the Group DPS… this even includes Stuns & knockdowns which are easily countered with Stability that a 4th or 5th support player should be providing lots of on a regular basis. Even Alpha, I’ll see lots of Melee stacking where the entire group isn’t quite cone-cleaving that 1 guy who got crystal’d. Or the “Run for your Kitten” stages of some other encounters where up to 2 ppl keep going down because they’re not getting Protection + Swiftness + Regen shared with them.

These are important factors… Maybe not to you guys, maybe not yet… but… The datamining ANET has been obtaining from these Temporary dungeons (IE: their REAL motives here) is telling them all they really need to know to screw you guys and your constant Daily day to day Spreadsheet Wars2 right in the AC hole. They did it once before… remember? with Dhuum?? If your P.I. mesmer (that was me usually) got Ghosted, it became quite the slog, lol.

And most of all…. well… people keep begging them to add more circuitous crap like this anyway. Look at all the people who thought this latest Golemn Marry-go-Round was a breath of fresh air? I thought the whole dungeon was Dork Pork on Wheels but maybe that’s just me… Either way, BoonDur & a modest bit of MF% payed off for lots of ppl.

Why do I say Modest? B/c anything over a certain threshold puts you in D.R. faster.
That’s why Dungeon MF% should always be Hybrid stats… & Boon sharing is King.

PS: I don’t buy Scholar Runes. I make them and sell them to all the Fad chasers

(edited by ilr.9675)

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

I have no idea what you just said.

PUG Behavior

ilr.9675

It’s better that way (for you atleast)

PUG Behavior

Dolan.3071

Shame. I run Runes of Lyssa, guess that makes me a scrub who gets double precision from his Runes compared to Ruby Orbs, and a substantial more than Scholar Runes. And really when I start noticing my crit rate drop when my nourishment buffs start wearing off (dropping below 98%) then I can’t imagine how abysmal the crit rate and resulting DPS loss would be with those runes. But hey, maybe as a scrub I’m just unlucky in that department.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

PUG Behavior

Delay.6908

Shame. I run Runes of Lyssa, guess that makes me a scrub who gets double precision from his Runes compared to Ruby Orbs, and a substantial more than Scholar Runes. And really when I start noticing my crit rate drop when my nourishment buffs start wearing off (dropping below 98%) then I can’t imagine how abysmal the crit rate and resulting DPS loss would be with those runes. But hey, maybe as a scrub I’m just unlucky in that department.

remember scholar is +10% dmg… thats much better then a bit more cirt chance >.<

Dr Winston | [DnT]

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

I thought guardians are supposed to run full support on fractals? and doesn’t everything has it’s own situations, zerker is usually for players who really know how to play dungeons and not die, pvt is for people who don’t know or squishy classes, I mean, if these people go full zerk, they’ll die really quickly, and most of the dungeon will be 4 manned, but if they go pvt, their survivability will increase and will not die as much, I mean, that’s more helpful to the party, though they will probably do 1/2 of the zerk damage, it’s better than dying when boss is 80%hp.

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

PUG Behavior

Delay.6908

I thought guardians are supposed to run full support on fractals? and doesn’t everything has it’s own situations, zerker is usually for players who really know how to play dungeons and not die, pvt is for people who don’t know or squishy classes, I mean, if these people go full zerk, they’ll die really quickly, and most of the dungeon will be 4 manned, but if they go pvt, their survivability will increase and will not die as much, I mean, that’s more helpful to the party, though they will probably do 1/2 of the zerk damage, it’s better than dying when boss is 80%hp.

Just a random note, squishy classes is not relly an excuse, if the player is strong enough even an ele can run full zerker. It all comes down to the players dodging skills and the group support around him.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Bismuth.3165

Bismuth.3165

Just a random note, squishy classes is not relly an excuse, if the player is strong enough even an ele can run full zerker. It all comes down to the players dodging skills and the group support around him.

a full zerk ele is going to have around 11k hp and and less than 2k armor, not toughness, for most situations, I have a zerk ele with some pvt stuff here and there, I need to use ranged for many situations, but I do use d/d against slow bosses, like crusher and hunter or the subject alpha, something with a low rate of attack or easily evadable attacks

Jeeha (ele) and Jeeha The Warrior
Is currently emotionally unstable because Breaking Bad is over

PUG Behavior

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

a full zerk ele is going to have around 11k hp and and less than 2k armor, not toughness, for most situations, I have a zerk ele with some pvt stuff here and there, I need to use ranged for many situations, but I do use d/d against slow bosses, like crusher and hunter or the subject alpha, something with a low rate of attack or easily evadable attacks

His point remains true, however. Don’t be mistaken, it isn’t as easy to melee with berserker gear on an ele, as it is on a Warrior. However, it is doable with practice. I imagine it’s a lot easier in an organised group than it is in pugs, so I wouldn’t be too concerned if you mostly pug and find that you struggle to melee (I don’t play ele, this is all assumptions/what I’ve heard).

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

PUG Behavior

Dolan.3071

remember scholar is +10% dmg… thats much better then a bit more cirt chance >.<

Provided you haven’t taken any hits, and if you want to get all particular about damage then you should be sitting under 50% the whole time for Desperate Power. The crit damage is wasted without enough precision to put it to constant use. Probably the only thing noteworthy is all that power, but I would always take crit chance (obviously not beyond 100%) over power seeing as crit damage plays such a vital role in our DPS.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

PUG Behavior

Posted by: bhagwad.4281

bhagwad.4281

Define “’good”. Then we’ll see if your definitions of “good” match the rest of ours. If someone is polite, listens to instructions and are trying their best, they’re good. Period. I don’t care if the run takes 2 hrs. It was fun and people did their best.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: magic fly.2041

magic fly.2041

Define “’good”. Then we’ll see if your definitions of “good” match the rest of ours. If someone is polite, listens to instructions and are trying their best, they’re good. Period. I don’t care if the run takes 2 hrs. It was fun and people did their best.

It’s obvious he doesn’t care about that strange thing called “fun”. Speedrunning the same dungeon over and over till his face turns blue is much better than this thing called “fun”. After all, it’s a game, we aren’t supposed to have “fun” in it. We are only supposed to farm gold as fast as possible and be close-minded when someone wants to do something “differently”.

Seriously though,
Intolerance to anything that isn’t what everyone else uses just promotes stale gameplay and a hostile atmosphere. I hate that more than anything. Especially when this is a game, something we play for fun.

PUG Behavior

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

I thought guardians are supposed to run full support on fractals?

It reminds me this fractal 48 run… Apparently some guardians run a mix of MF and support, and don’t even expect that someone will ask them to do damage (he was 90% staff). Btw. by the end of the run he had like 10 rares and similar amount of cores/lodestones. Too bad there were two of his guildies in this PUG.

Attachments:

PUG Behavior

colesy.8490

Why not run ranger runes instead? You get the same precision increase, just along with 8%+ crit damage. The sixth rune is trash so you can just stick a ruby orb in. I’ve found if you’re in a strong group with warriors as a Guard that you can just stick rubies in and the fury uptime the warriors give makes up for the decrease in precision, I mean what reason do I have to have 103% crit chance with fury? Anything beyond 100% is completely useless.

Lol. This guy is hilarious. But it’s obvious he’s trolling, so why are we feeding him?

Nope. You’re a scrub who needs to learn to dodge.

good = contributes in a significant way to a dungeon run. Guardians, mesmers and warriors are good classes. Greatsword is a good weapon. Feedback can be a good (in fact, sickeningly good if you look at lupicus videos) ability. Note that all of these “good” things centre around damage, so everything good for dungeons involves being able to deal as much damage as possible.

Of course my definition of good doesn’t match yours, you will happily run with PVT and MF scrubs as long as they’re nice about leeching off you.

It’s obvious he doesn’t care about that strange thing called “fun”. Speedrunning the same dungeon over and over till his face turns blue is much better than this thing called “fun”. After all, it’s a game, we aren’t supposed to have “fun” in it. We are only supposed to farm gold as fast as possible and be close-minded when someone wants to do something “differently”.

Lol, the fact I want to do a dungeon fast and efficiently, and have my party contributing means I don’t like fun. Are you guys even trying anymore?

PUG Behavior

ilr.9675

Yeah …. :\ …however (and we have this same discussion all the time in the ranger forum…) when those players don’t even realize that Ranged weapons are still garbage even with Zerker mods; when Compared to a strong melee build in PVT or Valk’s… I don’t… even… see the point. To me it’s just another 12 year old with a jimmy hat in his wallet who’s got atleast 5 more years to go before he even gets near 2nd base…