People are doing this on PURPOSE!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kadajic.8941

kadajic.8941

Q:

Leaving the dungeon after going for the chest really fast so that the rest dont get rewarded as well.

kadajic.8941

Doing that kicks everyone out! IT should be fixed!

kadajic.8941

Arena pls respond to this issue!

kadajic.8941

Because there is no point doing dungeons if people are like that!

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

calm down my son

Oceanic [LOD]

kadajic.8941

lol sorry but it really made me angry, you have to admit that pulling that move is unfair!

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

I feel it’s just indicative of an even bigger problem, the fact that if the creator leaves a group, the entire team gets kicked.

kadajic.8941

Indeed, they should fix that! Even if the creator leaves the rest should able to stay, and just replace the player on the scenes!

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Indeed, they should fix that! Even if the creator leaves the rest should able to stay, and just replace the player on the scenes!

yeah the team should only ever be kicked if they are doing an explorable and NO players have Story unlocked.

Wukunlin.8461

This is actually the first mmo I know with this sort of problem. It is a huge oversight and no sign of a fix with the game nearing it’s first birthday.

As for the people who use the flaw to troll, kill them with fire.

Oceanic [LOD]

kadajic.8941

Yeah and not just kick EVERYONE out ! :/ I know they didnt DC by accident since I whispered them after that. . .one simply replied. . .“deal with it”

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

- crap design choice by AN.
– crap attitude by human filth players.

Wukunlin.8461

DC doesn’t make this happen, I opened a fractal once and took me 5 min to reconnect and the instance was still alive (thank god). Afaik, only way to boot everyone out is to leave party or relog in a different character.

This happened to me only once and the moron was a split second too late so everyone still got their rewards

Oceanic [LOD]

kadajic.8941

yeah!!! do they even check the forums???

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Who the kitten cares about a chest which gives 2-3 blues?

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

kadajic.8941

actually I was able to loot the bosses corpse quick enough to get a lvl 80 yellow! so i care!

Posted by: Blood Red Arachnid.2493

Blood Red Arachnid.2493

This is actually the first mmo I know with this sort of problem. It is a huge oversight and no sign of a fix with the game nearing it’s first birthday.

As for the people who use the flaw to troll, kill them with fire.

It isn’t the first for mine. I’ve encountered MMOs where when the former leaves it will sometimes cause a glitch that will halt progress in multi-mission based areas.

That said, it is inexcusable. The fact that the dungeon is hosted on an instance that terminates as soon as the leader leaves has absolutely no excuse. Just host the instance on the server, and then eliminate the instance once everyone leaves. THIS SHOULD BE SIMPLE!

I don’t have opinions. I only have facts I can’t adequately prove.

Posted by: bunnyandbear.5734

bunnyandbear.5734

Yes this happened to us the other night in AC. We killed the last boss, guy ran over and got chest and then left so it kicked everyone out and then the kittenbag logged out so when I went to talk to him about it he was offline. Fix this kitten now!

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Be first to the chest.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

actually I was able to loot the bosses corpse quick enough to get a lvl 80 yellow! so i care!

Corpses don’t drop rares.

Wukunlin.8461

They can drop rares, but it is… rare.

Oceanic [LOD]

Player Character.9467

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wooden_Chest

kadajic.8941

well i got the rare from the effigy boss corpse at the end of COF path 1. . .I´m not lying! Right before the troller kicked everyone out!

kadajic.8941

after been playing the game since beta, trust me, not EVERYTING wiki says is accurate!

Wukunlin.8461

which would be at the location of the corpse

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

which would be at the location of the corpse

Oooooooo owned

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Yes this happened to us the other night in AC. We killed the last boss, guy ran over and got chest and then left so it kicked everyone out and then the kittenbag logged out so when I went to talk to him about it he was offline. Fix this kitten now!

The only chest near the end of AC is the one you get for completing the event before Ghost Eater. You can get that chest before even interacting with the last boss. If you did path 2 and didn’t get that chest earlier, it’s not really the party leader’s responsibility to make sure everyone has it before he leaves the group. People have other things to do.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

I doubt most of the people are doing this on purpose, I’ve done it before at the end of a cof run because I forgot I started the dungeon

Wukunlin.8461

Most are genuine mistakes. But when someone does that on purpose it is obvious when you are on the spot.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Someone did this the other day in a pug SE. Turned out to be the ranger with 8k AP, a longbow and axe/WH setup with double bear pets.. I should have known better.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Someone did this the other day in a pug SE. Turned out to be the ranger with 8k AP, a longbow and axe/WH setup with double bear pets.. I should have known better.

It was my alt account.

Brazil

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

It was my alt account.

I will find you, and I will kill you…

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: bunnyandbear.5734

bunnyandbear.5734

Just one thing I wanted to add, if they do this in a story dungeon, then you don’t get the XP as well. We never got any XP from king adelbern when someone did this the other day. Thought about making a ticket but figured it would get ignored.

Posted by: Zomaarwat.3912

Zomaarwat.3912

Sometimes its not even when the creator is kicked… I made a HotW party once, we kicked this AFK Charr and the whole party just imploded. Everyone out of the dungeon, half quit cause they didnt want to go again…

Over a year and the forum search is still broken = /

Player Character.9467

Sometimes its not even when the creator is kicked… I made a HotW party once, we kicked this AFK Charr and the whole party just imploded. Everyone out of the dungeon, half quit cause they didnt want to go again…

That means he made it.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

It has nothing to do with the party, it’s about the instance. There is no party leader, only an instance creator.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Yeah, what was already said. It is not the ‘party’ creater, but the ‘instance’ owner which is the person who entered the dungeon first.

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

I’m starting to think it’s more of a technical problem. It’s quite a serious problem that even base on how “efficient” Anet usually is solving problem like this, it should be done by now. Or I really underestimate their “efficiency”.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I’m starting to think it’s more of a technical problem. It’s quite a serious problem that even base on how “efficient” Anet usually is solving problem like this, it should be done by now. Or I really underestimate their “efficiency”.

It is. They posted on this issue back last year when it was first raised. It’s something to do with how instances are structured.

Posted by: Superman.3597

Superman.3597

Arena net needs to respond to the issue of ppl creating the dungeon and leaving after loot quick so that others get kicked out and don’t even get the loot. Is there a possible way to report ppl that have done this? It seems unfair to me that a troll who wants to kitten everyone off, can simply collect loot quick at last boss of cof and leave so that everyone gets kicked. ( only the person that goes into the dungeon first can do this )

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

If I’m not mistaken this is actually a change that was implemented months after release, and was not originally enstated.

Posted by: Linguistically Inept.6583

Linguistically Inept.6583

i did this by accident once in coe; just be aware that sometimes its just a mistake

Desolation: 80 ranger [Nightwither], 80 necro [Dusk Grimsoul]
80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]
80 guard [Dusk Grimlight], 80 engi [Flintgear]

Dolan.3071

How do you do this by accident? Are you really in such a hurry to disband the party? You can just leave the instance first, and the loading of the next area gives more than enough time for the slackers to make it to the chest, then you can leave party and boot everyone.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

How do you do this by accident? Are you really in such a hurry to disband the party? You can just leave the instance first, and the loading of the next area gives more than enough time for the slackers to make it to the chest, then you can leave party and boot everyone.

People are in a hurry to move on and it isn’t their job to babysit the rest of the group until they get their loot.

Brazil

hmm… im sure i made a post about it, but cant find it in my post history

it was something to do with

OHHH
it wasnt the chest; it was the end loot (tokens, karma, exp and silver)
2 or 3 players had died (icr… was ages ago… think it was 2) quite early on in the alpha fight> killed alpha>ressed them>checked alphas corpse>said bye>left
… but then i got whispered by two players (one of which was quite abusive… but understandable) that i left and closed the dungeon before we got tokens… i came to the conclusion that one of the dead people must have been afk and so didnt skip the cutscene (i dont even register the cutscenes anymore… i have some sort of automatic response to close them… i replayed arah story a few months back with a cutscene watching group… i kept skipping the half cutscenes by accident because its just what i automatically do when the fade in starts appearing) and since they were still in the cutscene the chest hadnt appeared (which i dont really register either)

80 warr [Blaze Steelsoul], 80 ele [Blaze Nightstrike], 80 mesmer [Grim Shatterwhirl]

Dolan.3071

Lol 0/10 Brazil

Yeah I’ve just gotten into the habit of leaving the instance before leaving party, takes the same amount of time and the button doesn’t show up until you have received the token reward. All bases covered :]

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Lol 0/10 Brazil

Yeah I’ve just gotten into the habit of leaving the instance before leaving party, takes the same amount of time and the button doesn’t show up until you have received the token reward. All bases covered :]

the problem with me doing that is; im crazy
i dont want to ‘hang around’ in a party (due to my long loading screens) and make people think i want them to do more, or i want to do more
i like the closure of knowing; im not in a party whilst that loading screen is up otherwise i start going all paranoid

Posted by: Raghnu.1049

Raghnu.1049

lol sorry but it really made me angry, you have to admit that pulling that move is unfair!

To prevent this: always be the one who starts the dungeon. I have to do this too.

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

The only chest near the end of AC is the one you get for completing the event before Ghost Eater. You can get that chest before even interacting with the last boss. If you did path 2 and didn’t get that chest earlier, it’s not really the party leader’s responsibility to make sure everyone has it before he leaves the group. People have other things to do.

He shouldn’t be “leader” then.

Player Character.9467

He shouldn’t be “leader” then.

The chest is from a previous encounter… it’s not the leader’s job to hold your hand back through the dungeon because you forgot to tap f within 900 range of it when you walked by.