Possible cause for faulty DR triggering

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Galador Dux.6359

Galador Dux.6359

I’ve been puzzling over what could be causing the weird DR triggers for a while now. People often have wildly different results despite the fact that, aside from profession, they all appear to have exactly the same initial conditions: haven’t run since last reset, all level 80, etc etc. But, since everyone gets different end results, there must be something differentiating them, probably something everyone is overlooking. Then my mind recalled a conversation I had earlier today where sometimes programmers use seemingly strange ways to solve a problem, which can lead to unexpected bugs or results down the line. Then it hit me:

What if the DR mechanic is mistakenly using time since last death instead of time since you entered the instance?

Please note this is merely a hypothesis, and I don’t have any proof to back it up. But it could explain why people are getting such varied results.

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

It wouldn’t explain how the rest of my team wiped 3 times trying to run past mobs while I stood at the next boss waiting for them to return, yet get 45 tokens when the rest of them received 60.

Unless of course, you are insinuating that the less time between a death and clearing the dungeon results in a lesser chance of triggering the DR.

In any case, it’s a really far-fetched and ludicrous theory, but disproven anyway by my experience.

Posted by: Galador Dux.6359

Galador Dux.6359

Well… darn. There goes my theory.

Ah well, one less thing to worry about while waiting for them to figure out what’s really wrong, I guess.

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

The problem is its a terrible system and the game is rejecting it.