PuG Fotm 50s

PuG Fotm 50s

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

I may be a filthy elitist but I’ve seen a few people lately who join 50s and have either know clue how to play their class right or how to do fractals in general. I’m just wondering where this comes from? 50s are not the place you bring your new class or just be newbies in general. I’m not the best player in the world but I know to bring things to certain fight versus others. Has anyone else had similar experiences as me?

The Sickest Guild NA

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

In my experience fractal 50 pugs are reliable and know what to do in there.
Generally you don’t get to level 50 in fractals without having acquired the necessary knowledge/gear and patience.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Because there’s still pugs believing level 50 means their character must be 50 or higher.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Veckna.9621

Veckna.9621

In my experience fractal 50 pugs are reliable and know what to do in there.
Generally you don’t get to level 50 in fractals without having acquired the necessary knowledge/gear and patience.

I’ve had faster duo times than whenever I go full-on pug style at lv 50. If by ‘being reliable and knowing what to do’ you mean that they’ll attempt to range every boss and fail miserably at anything that requires the least bit of coordination you’re spot-on!

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve accepted for a while now that I can’t pug fotm. People just irritate the hell out of me. Like, for example in Thaumanova fractal, pugs don’t split up and do multiple things. If I say I’ll solo heat room they all wait outside like idiots instead of having somebody go to the east room and 2-3 go to the south.

Just one out of many many things that drive me nuts.

In any case that I had pugged fotm in the past I always made people share their traits/equipment with me when joining in swamp to make sure I wasn’t getting plebs that immediately think they’re good because they’re wearing berserker. There’s a lot of those… and more often than not it’s rifle warrior that brings both banners when there’s already somebody who pinged a banner/GS mesmer that doesn’t bring reflects/hammer guards and the absolute worst… scepter/dagger eles.

Embrace, don’t be ashamed of being a filthy elitist when it comes to fotm. There’s too many anti-solo mechanics such as dredge fractal in general, and thaumanova (unless you’re a mesmer), coupled with not being able to log out and in to rejoin after a death for me to maintain patience with pug teams, so I totally get what you’re coming at.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I may be a filthy elitist but I’ve seen a few people lately who join 50s and have either know clue how to play their class right or how to do fractals in general. I’m just wondering where this comes from? 50s are not the place you bring your new class or just be newbies in general. I’m not the best player in the world but I know to bring things to certain fight versus others. Has anyone else had similar experiences as me?

I think it’s because 70 AR isn’t very hard to get these days so people don’t have as much experience any more. That and account-bound gear which allows them to bring fresh lvl 80s into high lvl fractals. Anyway, just do it like me and save yourself the headache of pugging

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Power.2957

Power.2957

This happened to me yesterday, the guy was a mesmer, he had 0 AR, he had all signet utilities and didn’t use his elite even once (or feedback since he thought Signet of Domination was cool) for the entire run. We felt bad so we didn’t kick him … until the 3rd fractal which was the Aetherblade one.

Someone in my team said they noticed people doing this a lot since the new daily system added Fractals. People just figure they can jump into any fractals group and get their daily. This may be true as I’ve noticed the dailies significantly bolster the activity within activities (no pun intended).

“Power is like the illuminati of Guild Wars.” -Loshon

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Yep…. Was in a fotm 49 yesterday on my zerk warrior that was straight from hell.

Swamp was fine…. then we got uncategorized fractal and needed reflects/projectile destruction.

We had a thief that did not know how to blast stealth with shortbow…. and didn’t use smoke screen to stop projectiles.

Two elementalists, neither of which knew how to blast might…

One of the elementalists at least had a focus, but the other was completely clueless and didn’t even know why having a focus would help.

Guardian refused to bring shield of the avenger….

We wiped on the raving asura 4x, and I finally had enough and decided to tell the thief to bring and use his smoke screen, and told the guardian to bring soa and actually use his wall of reflection, and asked the eles to blast might (at least drop a fire field or something) before we went in.

Then they got all kitten and the bad elementalist told me the reason we were wiping was because I wasn’t running PS. Its not like anyone even mentioned PS before that point.

How is it possible to know the ideal team comp meta builds…. proceed to run a non-ideal team comp….. fail to equip the proper skills themselves… and then try and enforce others to run the meta….?

Do they just want to be carried everywhere they go or something?

I wanted to tell them that using a PS warrior with two elementalists on a team… was like shooting a handgun at a mosquito… but instead I just went with it, because I was really tired of the terrible thief and the terrible ele and the terrible guardian. One of the eles was at least making the effort to do his job. (using earth ele for Old Tom, swirling winds, etc.)

I loaded up PS EA and we wiped a fifth and final time and I had had enough at that point.

I just left… and I watched their team advert in the lfg gain a 5th member….. then 20 minutes later show up again 4/5, still advertising the same spot in the fotm run (Last boss 2nd fractal).

smh

I bet one or more of those guys didn’t even have the proper amount of AR…. but there is no way to even inspect other players….. so you just have to cross your fingers that you get a team of players who know what they are doing.

(edited by TheBlackLeech.9360)

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

It all depends on your luck. I’m mainly a WvW player and I PUG most of the time.
I’ve had it all. From parties that clean all 3 fractals in 30 minutes to multiple Swamp boss fails, 2 hour runs and people who doesn’t even speak English.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

make sure your lfg is good and noobs wont join

ie “50, 70+, swamp, <funny things>” almost always works for me. i have a bit more trouble when i join a group, cuz ill usually keep an eye out a little for party comp and … well… phiws will take a guardian too, but tend to do silly things like craft bad ascended armor, and it can be hard to tell from the lfg.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

I’ve accepted for a while now that I can’t pug fotm. People just irritate the hell out of me. Like, for example in Thaumanova fractal, pugs don’t split up and do multiple things. If I say I’ll solo heat room they all wait outside like idiots instead of having somebody go to the east room and 2-3 go to the south.

Just one out of many many things that drive me nuts.

In any case that I had pugged fotm in the past I always made people share their traits/equipment with me when joining in swamp to make sure I wasn’t getting plebs that immediately think they’re good because they’re wearing berserker. There’s a lot of those… and more often than not it’s rifle warrior that brings both banners when there’s already somebody who pinged a banner/GS mesmer that doesn’t bring reflects/HAMMER GUARDS and the absolute worst… scepter/dagger eles.

Embrace, don’t be ashamed of being a filthy elitist when it comes to fotm. There’s too many anti-solo mechanics such as dredge fractal in general, and thaumanova (unless you’re a mesmer), coupled with not being able to log out and in to rejoin after a death for me to maintain patience with pug teams, so I totally get what you’re coming at.

I thought hammer guard was useful in guards. Is it just because of all the light fields? I was just beginning to do FotM with guard, and uh, if I shouldn’t be running hammer, it would always help to know : )

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

EDIT: I thought hammer guard was useful in FotM lol

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

In my experience all the pugs who don’t ping 100% meta gear (e.g. berserker stats but some weird runes or mixed with some toghness rings) are usually bad. If they ping good gear and weapons with multiple sigills, there are chances that they are actually quite good.

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

EDIT: I thought hammer guard was useful in FotM lol

I was looking on Metabattle and they list hammer as the Fractal second weapon set. I’d also like to know Miku’s reasoning for/against.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Hammer is great in FOTM. Been running it forever.

Also, here’s a nice trick:
Cliffside Fractal. Use Banish on Legendary Archdiviner to knock hi down against the nearby wall/the foot of the giant. The boss will lock and no longer attack you.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I thought hammer guard was useful in guards. Is it just because of all the light fields? I was just beginning to do FotM with guard, and uh, if I shouldn’t be running hammer, it would always help to know : )

It’s mostly the light fields yeah. It’s less DPS and never really needed. If someone’s gonna down, they’re gonna down. Protection or not.

But I will say, I’d way way rather have a hammer guard than a staff guard obviously xD

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

On the guardian thing, the PUG problem is almost always greatsword guardians. A hammer guardian with writ of the merciful and altruistic healing is always useful on a higher level fractal.

If it’s pug and I see a greatsword guardian, I girdle up my loins and get ready for a rough run.

~~~

That’s not why I posted though, have done a fair number of 50 pugs, and most go just fine. Had some weirdness last night with one tho’, Warrior with Frac GS so he’s either experienced or super lucky, had the AR, kept picking up the hammer on cliffside and doing weird things with it (mainly holding it and whacking enemies but not hitting the seal).

I still don’t know what that dude’s deal was, maybe he was trolling.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I use hammer occassionaly in FOTM. I think it all depend on the party. Sometimes those 33% protection is helpful. But most of the time I still use greatsword.

For example at cliffside, I would use hammer when stacking in middle just because I think those protection would be more helpful. But I wouldn’t use in ascalon, because the monster hit so hard I dont’ think those 33% protection even matter. Greatsword would kill faster and 1 extra blind. It’s a kill or be killed situation there.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

PuG Fotm 50s

Windsagio.1340

Hammer ring for that >< But we’re getting off topic.

This gives me an idea for a new thread!

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It’s mostly the light fields yeah. It’s less DPS and never really needed. If someone’s gonna down, they’re gonna down. Protection or not.

But I will say, I’d way way rather have a hammer guard than a staff guard obviously xD

I’m not sure what you expect out of your pug. Maybe your expectation is a bit too high for pug, just like the OP.

It’s not like I even see elementalist or engineer that much in fotm50. So I’m quite surprised people have a problem with hammer guardian in a fotm50 pug.

And I dont’ really see other class bother with fire field/blast that much.

That being said, I cant’ remember the last time an elemantalist actually blasted might during a fight with boomalang. Usually they just stay max distance and dont’ really balst during fight.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

PuG Fotm 50s

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I’m not sure what you expect out of your pug. Maybe your expectation is a bit too high for pug, just like the OP.

It’s not like I even see elementalist or engineer that much in fotm50. So I’m quite surprised people have a problem with hammer guardian in a fotm50 pug.

That being said, I cant’ remember the last time an elemantalist actually blasted might during a fight with boomalang. Usually they just stay max distance and dont’ really balst during fight.

The only engineer I ever see on 50 is me

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Once in a while, I’m surprised at how some of my acquaintances invited to the runs act worse than PUG. To my group, it’s all about communication and experience with the tactics we used. Once we get it clear, it’s generally smooth.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

PuG Fotm 50s

insanemaniac.2456

i occasionally see another engi, who then switches to another class (which is bad cuz more engis is always viable)

PuG Fotm 50s

Windsagio.1340

I have a friend who’s way too afraid to run his engi at high levels. I’m working on convincing him.

PuG Fotm 50s

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

I have a friend who’s way too afraid to run his engi at high levels. I’m working on convincing him.

Engi can exploit fractals so hard all over the place. It’s a top notch fractal profession.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Engi can exploit fractals so hard all over the place. It’s a top notch fractal profession.

You always make me curious what awesome stuff you do on engi. Personally I’ve just started to get more into fractals and I’ve been loving the strength of our Immob uptime so much.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Pretty much the only guardian I can 100% rely on in FOTM is my guild leader. Knows all the tricks, what weapons to use, skill sets etc

Despite being a more support oriented player he’ll dive right in. GS is excellent in last phase on cliffside for pulling in the cultists to the seal. Especially if the other players’ dps is a bit on the low side.
When he’s in the party for lava shaman, there is a 100% guarantee of popping the shields at the right moment.
Uncategorised, often a bit hit and miss mainly because of pugs. But the vast majority of the time, he’ll pull us thru the harpies.

If I’m in a guild group of our veteran players, it’ll usually be him on guard, me on warr, an ele, a ranger (yes a ranger!) and either another warr or a mesmer. We’re not the fastest but by kitten do we get through it without a hitch

PuG Fotm 50s

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

You always make me curious what awesome stuff you do on engi. Personally I’ve just started to get more into fractals and I’ve been loving the strength of our Immob uptime so much.

There are really only 3 things that are engi “exclusive.”

1./2. When you throw a rock-like object, such as a crystal on jade maw or a rock on the fire shaman middle fight, if you switch kits you get the crystal/rock back. SO you can do the mid shaman fight super fast and if the whole team is dead you can solo maw pretty fast.
3. You can skip the first boss of the molten duo fight by using some wicked jumps. There’s a video of it somewhere on YouTube.

Other fun things that are not necessarily exclusive:

1. Engis can break the top ice part of the ice storm on the ice fractal with range traited bombs or with carefully placed genades.
2. Engis can do some nice jumps on the aetherblade retreat fractal to skip all the lightning and turn the lightning off before it gets turned on.
3. Engis can solo the heat room in thaumanova reactor up until level 49 without being a Norn.
4. Engis can use magnet to interrupt the Ooze’s shield.
5. Engis can solo the fires on ice using stealth. Other stealth skips include the harpies on the harpy fractal. On the harpy fractal fractal we can also hit the golem in the poison room from behind the battery without taking any green floor attack damage.
6. Engis can leap onto the engineer in the molten test facility prior to the fight start. I think this has some serious potential that I haven’t explored yet.
7. Engis can do some nice dolphin/dark room solos in the water fractal.
8. Engis have really nice immobilize for the cliffside fractal.
9. Engis on the aetherblade fractal can leap over the cannons behind the wooden wall before the boss fight.
10. Engi stealth can make the dredge fractal button room easy – your party doesn’t have to fight any dredges if you time it properly. We can also bucket almost as good as thieves with super speed and rocket boots.

Just some fun stuff.

PuG Fotm 50s

Iris Ng.9845

No offense but ele is still first class.

1./2. The rock throwing thing can be done with clicking on consumables such as harpy feather in the middle of the throw.

3. Skip doesn’t really matter when you have the damage of the ele. Free champ bags.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

PuG Fotm 50s

Windsagio.1340

1./2. The rock throwing thing can be done with clicking on consumables such as harpy feather in the middle of the throw.

3. Skip doesn’t really matter when you have the damage of the ele. Free champ bags.

I don’t think he’s saying it’s better, he’s saying it’s mad good :p

PuG Fotm 50s

Jerus.4350

Yeah… but I suck at Ele (you know this) and I’m at least decent on Engi So I’m happy to hear about anything cool for them.

PuG Fotm 50s

Windsagio.1340

They also have to be less on point, which is important in a Pug discussion. Unless you’re really really on, ele can be painful in high level fractal pugs.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Im lucky in that I sent out and reveice invites to fracrals so 99% of the time I dont need to PuG. Although I know PuG pain. Its always nice and you almost take it for granted with your friends when your group is a finely tune machine and then you come to PuGs and you miss it.

Often in PuG groups, Ill ask what strat we are doing or if anyone know’s " the strat " before key events ( cliffside mainly ) although I dont want to be that person who joins last and barks orders so I do add that Im just trying to be on the same page as everyone. ( which I feel is important )

Ps: yes to you both, character skips and holds ( like icebow ) are great " nice-to-have-things "

PuG Fotm 50s

insanemaniac.2456

Other fun things that are not necessarily exclusive:

1. Engis can break the top ice part of the ice storm on the ice fractal with range traited bombs or with carefully placed genades.
2. Engis can do some nice jumps on the aetherblade retreat fractal to skip all the lightning and turn the lightning off before it gets turned on.
3. Engis can solo the heat room in thaumanova reactor up until level 49 without being a Norn.
4. Engis can use magnet to interrupt the Ooze’s shield.
5. Engis can solo the fires on ice using stealth. Other stealth skips include the harpies on the harpy fractal. On the harpy fractal fractal we can also hit the golem in the poison room from behind the battery without taking any green floor attack damage.
6. Engis can leap onto the engineer in the molten test facility prior to the fight start. I think this has some serious potential that I haven’t explored yet.
7. Engis can do some nice dolphin/dark room solos in the water fractal.
8. Engis have really nice immobilize for the cliffside fractal.
9. Engis on the aetherblade fractal can leap over the cannons behind the wooden wall before the boss fight.
10. Engi stealth can make the dredge fractal button room easy – your party doesn’t have to fight any dredges if you time it properly. We can also bucket almost as good as thieves with super speed and rocket boots.

Just some fun stuff.

2. must have moar details, i must see this in action o.O
4. you can also use throw mine, the utility itself is unblockable, and id argue that minefield does enough spike/dps that it can find a home on your bar by default. but yes, magnet is love.
5. i do this all the time, altho i typically stand on the corner to 1 side of the fan, you also dont get hit there.
6. i must check this out.
7. i do those all the time cuz everyone hates water fractal for no reason, but dolphin gets really really hard to solo over 30… and im not really sure what youre bringing here as both paths limit your weapon use and the dark path can be soloed by anyone? can you elaborate?
8. blinds too ^^. a bunch of immob/cripple is also really useful on subject 6, mai trin to an extent, the harpy 4 champs (mostly the lava shaman), fgs ashym, mossman, ice fractal boss kinda, dredge boss but dont go overboard,
10. sorry to disagree but thief is about 674893% more effective when used perfectly! yes engi is good but thief is god in both the buttons and pouring. its the only fractal where if you have a choice between say… guard and thief… bring the thief and ditch the guard. and thats sayin somethin, cuz fractals just go better with a good guard.

i love learning new (engi) tricks ty for posting yours

hmm do i have any to add…

well were useful in urban cuz of dat 1500 range for pulls when your pugs inevitably stack at corners to abuse los on trash, but thats not limited to urban and its not necessary to have an engi for pulls.

i like to rockets boots → S through the lightning on aetherblade, but thats cuz i dont know anything about doing it before they activate. you can jump shot and rocket boots over the purple squares (but rocket boots is so hard to aim there, i need to try cancelling it more). also bring B for the stability for the boss fight, every bit helps (and 5 engis would be perma stab!).

in molten, i always super speed/rocket boots from the top of the cliff (right before the bossfight) to the circular rock next to the gate. be careful with your aim though cuz you can easily die from fall damage.

take throw mine any time your party can make use of boon stripping! thats in urban (monk might, ashyms summon if you suck at killing it), harpy (ettin), pugging level 38 (LOL), grawl (although you really need to kill the totems rather than strip in that first fight), and of course DREDGE (disaggregator gong omfg).

bomb kit is your best friend in grawl fractal, 5 is unblockable and really helps to manage shield phases in the final fight. other similar things are muddy terrain, pistol 5, staff ele chill field, and the unblockable immob eles have in earth somewhere… having 1 of these in your party is enough (except that immob, too short, but eles like using s/f for that fight, not staff).

always use magnet and rifle 4 on mai trin, and if youre organized then your party can help you eat defiance. you can make it really easy to burn off her shield stacks with a push and a pull, but make sure your party reacts to your calls for ccs and that they dont spam theirs (aka not for pugging). you can also totally troll your party if you dont like them.

our launches launch the kitty golems the perfect distance in harpy fractal, you can stack them all up on the first one and hold/kill them there as they aggro and then you dont need a gs (focus) pull from a guardian (mesmer).

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

i want to complain about my fractal experiences, but I know I suck at high level fractals and need to work on them a lot more xD since if i joined a level 49/50 fractal i would most likely be the problem in the group

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Same for me as well.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

I once did a fotm 50 with a 4k AP ele, he did fantastic and knew what to do haha.

Then this other time we had a 18k AP rifle warrior >_<. Insta kick lmao.

Pugs can be good but kitten luck of the draw etc

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

PuG Fotm 50s

Jerus.4350

i want to complain about my fractal experiences, but I know I suck at high level fractals and need to work on them a lot more xD since if i joined a level 49/50 fractal i would most likely be the problem in the group

Same here, but practice makes perfect!

PuG Fotm 50s

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

You’re just jealous that my engi is dominant in both FOTM and FASHION. Yeah, I said it.

PuG Fotm 50s

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

snip

For water I just use invuln (Elixir S) and super speed I think – it’s been a while – and take a shortcut through the dark room.

For Aetherblade there’s a hill of rocks that you just jump up and then use rifle 5 to get up top where the dancing lady is. Then traited elixirs for condi removal and you can solo all the panels.

If anyone has any more questions PM me

PuG Fotm 50s

Iris Ng.9845

Steven!!! That is very bold of you!

PuG Fotm 50s

Windsagio.1340

Some things seem funnier at night than they do under the harsh glow of day.

(edited by Windsagio.1340)

PuG Fotm 50s

insanemaniac.2456

For Aetherblade there’s a hill of rocks that you just jump up and then use rifle 5 to get up top where the dancing lady is. Then traited elixirs for condi removal and you can solo all the panels.

ok thats nifty ill remember that

PuG Fotm 50s

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Lilith helped me design a new character -a ranger- yesterday. You’ll have to ask her to attest

(edited by Nevets Crimsonwing.5271)

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Akrib.4297

Akrib.4297

I was thinking about this as well, I enjoy running S/S as a warrior and don’t know how it would go once I get to higher level FOTM and such. Don’t want to spend all the gold getting the armor based around it and then have people telling me to run GS instead.

PuG Fotm 50s

Jerus.4350

I was thinking about this as well, I enjoy running S/S as a warrior and don’t know how it would go once I get to higher level FOTM and such. Don’t want to spend all the gold getting the armor based around it and then have people telling me to run GS instead.

Sword mainhand is a condi weapon focusing on bleeds, this can be problematic especially with an engi or mesmer in the group who are both going to overwrite your bleeds consistently.

It’s unfortunate but condi is just… ugh. Axe/GS are your primary power weapons which is why they’re the go to for dungeon/fractal stuff.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith helped me design a new character -a ranger- yesterday. You’ll have to ask her to attest

I attest that dear Nevets Crimsonarrow is a mighty fine lady desperately in need of a Krytan armor set, but is stylishly making due with what she has and is working it, baby, working it.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

I once did a fotm 50 with a 4k AP ele, he did fantastic and knew what to do haha.

Then this other time we had a 18k AP rifle warrior >_<. Insta kick lmao.

Pugs can be good but kitten luck of the draw etc

I’m getting pretty tired of people bashing players who keep a ranged weapon handy.

Sure if the warrior is camping his rifle then he is a noob …but….

Honestly…. unless you are running a completely meta team….. which is something that rarely happens with pugs… Camping GS is more dps.

If you don’t believe me, the DnT people that everyone swears by say GS camping is better DPS assuming you don’t miss your rotations.

Currently, if you are not running PS EA, camping GS does more damage than weapon swapping to weapons you aren’t traited to.

…and there are loads of occasions where pure melee classes sit there for a moment and take a timeout while players with ranged dps work their magic. ….so why not keep a ranged weapon as your secondary during those moments instead of being useless? (you don’t need to have it equipped at all times)

Examples:

Legendary Archdiviner fight…

You don’t want to be in melee range at all times.

You melee while he is putting down AoE circles, and you range and maintain cripple while he is ambling around looking for people to rek with his hammer.

You rotate between GS and rifle.

Rifle stacks just as much vuln as mace offhand, and you are still hitting while the boss is in his “stay away mode”

Uncategorized fractal….. before you stealth through the jp portion you need to kill a few harpies…. and you start dps on harpies that are 1200 range with rifle until you get in melee range, the harpy will be about half hp when you get there, and then swap to gs and finish him off.

You need ranged DPS for Dredge fractal boss.

You need ranged weapons to take down burning oil in ascalon fractal.

For Fire Shaman, most teams range the boss and longbow has an immobilize and rifle has a cripple….. running either one of those definitely helps.

etc.

Granted, there are occasions where you don’t need a ranged weapon at all and there is no excuse for having them equipped during those times…… but there are also plenty of reasons for a warrior to have a ranged weapon equipped at certain points during fractals.

…and since camping GS has marginally better dps, why not keep a rifle or longbow in place of axe mace at certain times?

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

^I must have been playing this game wrong all the time

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

PuG Fotm 50s

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

And here I was thinking that we meleed the archdiviner because a guardian is block-tanking him, that no harpies actually need to be killed in the harpy fractal to stealth past each portion, that if you did want to kill harpies there’s no need to 1200 range them, that both dredge fractal bosses can be meleed, etc.