RIP Searing Effigy

RIP Searing Effigy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

I assume this patch change refers to the Legendary Searing Effigy at the end of one of the explorable paths. One of my fav bosses, sad to see it nerfed. Killed in a pug so I don’t see what was so difficult about it, but whatever.

If anyone runs that path, be sure to let us know what changed!

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Kennith.8730

Kennith.8730

So many unnecessary nerfs to dungeons. Now that all the dungeons are ridiculously easy, what will people do now? Do the same dungeon and complain about how repetitive they are? The challenge was awesome;, especially for the people who are looking for it.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

I prefer this so everybody could play it to having the elites playing it a few times and getting bored. Now we can all get bored with the only endgame content.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

Are you even aware of the actual changes to this boss?

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Celeras.4980

Celeras.4980

That would be the question asked in the OP!

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Kennith.8730

Kennith.8730

What’s so fun about standing there and basically being able to AFK now?

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Raging Bull.5048

Raging Bull.5048

The Nightmare Tree in TA? I literally afk there. I do the same with that spider-lady boss, forgot her name. We pull her inside the tunnel, i switch to melee and afk. We literally kill her this way.

ANET FIX YOUR DUNGEONS. Give us a challenge, for the love of God. I also feel like the dungeons need to last a little longer than they do now, they’re too short.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

So many unnecessary nerfs to dungeons. Now that all the dungeons are ridiculously easy, what will people do now? Do the same dungeon and complain about how repetitive they are? The challenge was awesome;, especially for the people who are looking for it.

So many you say? Name three.

Two patches ago there was a Cof 2 buff, today we have a CoF 1 nerf. Anet aren’t changing the difficulty, they’re fixing the dungeons that fall out of their projected difficulty line. You can say the CoF 1 boss wasn’t hard for you but you have to admit it was a lot harder than probably all the other dungeon bosses and that just doesn’t fit.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

If you are exploiting AI and unhappy with how easy things are, you are the source of your own problems. It’s like watching someone remove 20kg from their bench press and saying the bar was too light and they didn’t get a proper work out. Don’t AFK the tree in TA, fight in the room, dodge the mortars, kill the spiders. Don’t pull the spider boss lady into the tunnel. Fight her in her room. People can get the Griffon Rooks Run achievement without using the bomb for that jumping puzzle, I still see people run it EVERY DAY with the bomb. There are several youtube videos of people doing the same, with the bomb. The chest reward is worth a couple silver (easilly farmed from skale in Queensdale in a couple minutes) but people still try the puzzle with the bomb.

I can understand people who want to lift lighter weights, it completely baffles me when someone takes 20kg off of their bench press and then complain the bar is too light. I want to bang my head against the wall when that’s the standard of criticism.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

That cof 1 boss was actually a challenge to kill pre-patch. Killed it post-patch today without anyone even getting tickled really.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: vicwolf.7862

vicwolf.7862

If by “challenge” you mean, “required a specific class to stack a specific debuff and lucky crystal drops to kill” then sure. Maybe you don’t understand what balance is.

RIP Searing Effigy

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Sounds like vicwolf has a hard time with dungeons poor guy.

The boss wasn’t that bad. With proper coordination the boss was more than doable. The team I did it with pre-nerf didn’t have poison.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

I didn’t do this boss pre-nerf but from what i heard crystals had a lot of HP. Last night we just kept poison up and burned the boss. After the even was over i shot a few crystals just to see their HP and they died in one or two bow shots. Maybe that was the nerf?

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

RIP Searing Effigy

vicwolf.7862

@The Mexican Cookie.3690
Even the devs said you were REQUIRED to stack poison on him in order to beat him. That goes entirely against the design philosophy of the game.

RIP Searing Effigy

The Mexican Cookie.3690

It wasn’t required. Not sure why people assume Devs are the ‘ultimate players’.

I’m not going to argue that it may have needed some nerfs, but now it’s just far too easy really. Path 1 is going to become the old Path 2.

RIP Searing Effigy

vicwolf.7862

I’m not saying he’s not too easy now, I’m saying that the previous version was patently bullkitten.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Crystal respawn rate normalized.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Roll.6329

Roll.6329

Honestly, the encounter was a lot of fun before. You didn’t really need a specific class set to do it, as long as you had a person or two poisoning (hell, I would use Reaper of Grenth on my warrior even though we usually had a necro, a thief, or an engi) crystal spawns didn’t matter, the whole key to the fight was dpsing him harder than he could heal, and if you died, you’d throw rocks at crystals to get back up. I laugh at path 1 now, it’s faster/easier than Magg runs.

RIP Searing Effigy

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Patch-Discussion-10-1/first#post324068

I detailed exactly what I did to this boss. He really wasn’t nerfed significantly, and in fact I buffed one of his skills and made it work properly.