Raid 3 Issue: Under Investigation

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

We wanted to update you to let you know we are aware that Raid Wing 3 is broken. The team is actively working on a fix, and they hope to get that out very soon. This is definitely a prioritized issue.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

In order to address this issue as quickly and thoroughly as possible, we’ve temporarily disabled access to the Raid Wing 3 map. This will ensure that players don’t start a raid that they currently would be unable to complete.

We will re-enable access to the raid wing as soon as the issue is corrected. Thanks for your patience.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Chaos.5072

Chaos.5072

Thanks for the update.

Also, Sorrow’s Embrace Path 1 last boss crashes the game, path is undoable ATM

Posted by: Divine.5897

Divine.5897

Are you all also working to fix Matthias in wing 2? He is very bugged at the moment, we can’t remove his shield with reflects.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Are you all also working to fix Matthias in wing 2? He is very bugged at the moment, we can’t remove his shield with reflects.

4 hours ago:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Wing-3-weird-since-the-patch/page/2#post6282004

Nothing about fixing mathias reflects in the patch notes?

It should be fixed. We were too late for the patch notes so the note will appear in a Hot Fix patch note.

I just did Mathias with 3 necros (minions) and we completed it just fine. Chrono even died and the DH covered.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: DrPandisimo.5147

DrPandisimo.5147

is there any ETA on when the wing will be fixed?

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

Just one question: why do you port people to lionsarch instead of porting them to the airport if the try to enter wing 3?

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

I doubt they put much thought into it. In a situation like this it’s more important to get a solution quickly than to get the best solution. Just throw something out there quick and dirty to patch it up while a real fix is being developed and tested.

Also, there have been multiple times in gw2 history where characters have loaded into LA instead of wherever they were left. I wouldn’t be surprised if it is the default place to put characters if the game can’t figure out their location.

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

So I noticed there was a fix for wing 3 in the recent patch:

• Fixed an issue in which Scholar Glenna would not place the final bomb at the end of the Siege the Stronghold encounter.

However wing 3 is still not open? Since it still ports you back to LA.

Posted by: Regina Buenaobra

Previous

Regina Buenaobra

Content Marketing Lead

Next

It is fixed and the game has been updated with the fix. However, Raid Wing 3 will not reopen until everyone has left the old game build. We won’t be able to reopen access until this happens because then we’ve have groups of players who have updated and have the fix, and groups of players who haven’t updated and are still seeing the bug.

Content Marketing Lead
Twitter: @ArenaNet, @GuildWars2
In-Game Name: Cm Regina Buenaobra

Sindex.9520

What the status time till everyone is forced to get the update? Is it still 2 hours from the update going live itself?

EDIT: Never mind, got it from someone who is idling in the game. One hour and fifteen minutes.

Posted by: Excell.1042

Excell.1042

Maybe a bit late, but Arah 4 also has loads of client crashes, Lyssa crashed all of us, and bloodstone crashed 3 of us, seems to have something to do with the illusion spawning mechanic.

Sindex.9520

Um, is the servers for wing 3 going live now or something? Since it’s way pass the point where it should have kicked everyone out of the game (post update).

Posted by: Dreggon.6598

Dreggon.6598

Changing maps is supposed to force people to update, isn’kitten

We’re actually paying our guild leader gold to AFK in an un-updated guild hall so that nobody can raid, which is working pretty well so far.

Sindex.9520

We’re actually paying our guild leader gold to AFK in an un-updated guild hall so that nobody can raid, which is working pretty well so far.

My reaction to that premise.

Anyhow I hope that when it does go live that nothing else breaks where they have to take it down again. However there are people at the lion’s arch aerodrome waiting patiently for this thing to re-open…. soonish.

Previous

Gaile Gray

Update: This is all clear now. You’re good to go. Now, get in there and take out those baddies!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Update: This is all clear now. You’re good to go. Now, get in there and take out those baddies!

Is it sad that when you said “baddies” the first thing I thought of was Monster Rancher?

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

In future it would be nice if you gave raids the wvw treatment and force people out to update.

Having to wait 3hrs because people want to grief is silly.

(edited by TexZero.7910)

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Raid Wing 3 will not reopen until everyone has left the old game build.

I understand why this was done and I’m fine with this. However, if something like this is necessary again, can you put a bit more forethought into it? There was no reason to delay more than an hour.

Yes, people in other story/dungeon/raid/GH instances have 3 hours until they’re forced to patch. But that doesn’t make any difference. You can only enter Wing 3 from Verdant Brink or the Aerodome – which are both open world maps and all pre-patch versions of them are closed 60 minutes after the patch hits. And unless something has changed recently, the game will not spin up new instances of an open world map for an outdated client.

Also, KC orb can still get stuck where players cannot hit it, though the projections could still hit it out, so I’m not sure it was the same bug.