Raid Bug Corrected

Raid Bug Corrected

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khaleesi.1439

Khaleesi.1439

I submitted a ticket this morning and got my ascended chest within 15 min. So if you haven’t received yours yet, I would suggest trying that.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I submitted a ticket this morning and got my ascended chest within 15 min. So if you haven’t received yours yet, I would suggest trying that.

I would suggest that everyone hold off on submitting a ticket and be absolutely sure that they qualify. It’s not just “participating in a raid” but “participating in a successful raid” within a given timeframe. I’m concerned that players may think they were on a Raid map in that ~48 hour period, and therefore they qualify for a gift, where in fact there’s a higher bar to qualify for the gift.

I’m discussing this with CS, who is handling the distributions, and will update when I have more information. If you could kindly hold off on tickets until then, that would be appreciated.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Caointean.7983

Caointean.7983

I’m just curious about how you can determine the encounter was successful, because though I’m 100% sure we killed the VG (and I am really 100% sure), the boss chest did not appear and more importantly it wasn’t counted as cleared for me, and when I re-entered the raid wing (alone) the three coloured guardians were back on the path, waiting to be killed again.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Wilz.3921

Wilz.3921

Hey!
Well in that case we (my raid group) will hold off with our tickets. And we are 100% sure that we qualify, we killed Vale Guardian twice that week, on tuesday and thursday right before the fix and didn’t receive any loot

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

To update you on the status of the gift distribution, we first want to let you know that all distributions have been made. Here are some details about how the recipients of the distribution were determined:

To qualify for the distribution, a player had to participate in a successful raid boss encounter during the period when the bug was live. On any given day—including the hours during which the bug was live—not all raiding parties enter into boss battles and, of course, not all boss battles end successfully.

In the case of a party that successfully completed a raid boss encounter, all members of the party were sent a gift, regardless of which boss battle the individual player was involved in. The devs chose to send gifts on a group basis rather than on an individual basis because that was the more generous outcome. As you can tell from the information above, gifts were not sent to every single raid participant who was active during the period in question because those involved in unsuccessful raid boss encounters would not have been affected by the bug. Only those who were in a raiding party that successfully completed a boss encounter, and therefore were impacted by the bug, were sent a gift.

EDIT TO ADD: As you can see further on in this thread, all gifts had not been sent, and we are working on getting gifts to the others who also contributed to a successful raid boss encounter. Apologies for any confusion, and thanks for your patience as we get those additional gifts out to players!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Wilz.3921

Wilz.3921

To update you on the status of the gift distribution, we first want to let you know that all distributions have been made. Here are some details about how the recipients of the distribution were determined:

To qualify for the distribution, a player had to participate in a successful raid boss encounter during the period when the bug was live. On any given day—including the hours during which the bug was live—not all raiding parties enter into boss battles and, of course, not all boss battles end successfully.

In the case of a party that successfully completed a raid boss encounter, all members of the party were sent a gift, regardless of which boss battle the individual player was involved in. The devs chose to send gifts on a group basis rather than on an individual basis because that was the more generous outcome. As you can tell from the information above, gifts were not sent to every single raid participant who was active during the period in question because those involved in unsuccessful raid boss encounters would not have been affected by the bug. Only those who were in a raiding party that successfully completed a boss encounter, and therefore were impacted by the bug, were sent a gift.

You guys messed up then.

As the thread opener in the bugs forum I`m 100% sure I didnt write this for nothing -.-
At least some people received something they can be happy about.
In my case I know some unjust thing happened here:
Gorse dead, No loot, No chest. No Compensation.

I know you guys THINK youre right but I KNOW you just lied.

Sadly I have to agree. In our case it’s Vale Guardian who gave nothing. We killed all bosses except Samarog and Deimos on Tuesday, 06/20/2017, continued on Thursday, 06/22/2017, with the remaining bosses and tried Vale Guardian again, just to see if we would get loot after 2 days. We even could open a fresh instance with a healthy Vale Guard, even tho cleared that wing on Tuesday. And no, there was no loot when we killed him. But two hours after we tried to get loot a hotfix came. Unfortunately we couldn’t gather a third time that week to kill Vale Guardian a third time.
So no, you actually did not reward all groups who completed successfully boss encounters.

Edit: EU here, if it somehow helps. Looks like a lot of EU players have that problem.

(edited by Wilz.3921)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Sentinel.5731

Sentinel.5731

@gaile

I want to respectfully disagree with you. My entire group raided and cleared all 4 wings the night of the bug. (13 successful boss kills). Most of us never got the loot chest. Is it possible that some of us have been overlocked still?

Edit for clarity. We start our raids 1 hour before reset (7 PM EST) on Tuesdays. We cleared all 4 wings that Tuesday (June 20th?) successfully.

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

(edited by Sentinel.5731)

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Edited to correct: All distributions have been made, and no further will be offered. I don’t want to tell you to contact CS, only to have you be informed of that very fact.

The data was reviewed very carefully, and it was triple-checked for accuracy. The original list was actually expanded, as I mentioned above. For those who feel they should have qualified for the gift, it seems to me there must have been a factor — presumably one that was variant depending on circumstances — that meant they did not qualify.

Edit to the Edit: As I mentioned below, the team is taking a look into possible edge cases. Thanks for sharing the specifics.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Eowin Of Rohan.2619

Eowin Of Rohan.2619

The data supports the distribution that was made, and in fact included some players who initially would not have been included. Feel free to contact Customer Support with your concerns, by all means.

Hi Gaile. According to your previous posts, I should have been eligible. Yet, I didn’t get anything. I’m not going to accuse the company of lies or stuff like that because I don’t think you have any reason to do such things, but I do think that some mistake was made. for example, one of the queries that were ran to find eligible players was not run on EU servers, or some of those players who claim that they got stuff despite not being eligible were mistaken for people who were.

I did try to contact support, a few hours before your “all done” post. But unfortunately, they replied to my ticket with a standard message pointing to this forum post Apparently, your post came along with an instruction for them to now reject tickets on this matter.

Raid Bug Corrected

Sentinel.5731

If you feel that your group was involved in a successful raid boss encounter during the period when the bug was live, please contact Customer Support and provide as many details as possible: Date, Time, Timezone; Boss name, etc.

We have made a goodwill gesture with this distribution, and we would never knowingly exclude anyone. Knowing the care with which the data was gathered, I believe that the distributions were accurate, but you are welcome to pursue this matter and the folks with the tools to investigate it will help.

Thank you!

@gaile

That’s fair. I’m not trying to game the system and if it turns out that we were ineligible for some reason that is fine. I just was curious because if we were for some reason overlooked, there might also be others in the same boat. I will reach out to CS, on my behalf as well as my raid squad. Thanks for being so open in communicating with us.

Edit* And now I look kinda silly since you changed your answer….

Edit 2

“For those who feel they should have qualified for the gift, it seems to me there must have been a factor — presumably one that was variant depending on circumstances — that meant they did not qualify.”

I’m not even sure what this means. Can we get an elaboration? Most of us would have been fine with no loot, except that we were told we would get free loot. So now it feels way worse since it is taken away…

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

(edited by Sentinel.5731)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Baseraver.7241

Baseraver.7241

The data supports the distribution that was made, and in fact included some players who initially would not have been included. Feel free to contact Customer Support with your concerns, by all means.

And accusing the company — or the people involved in the research and distribution --
of having “lied” is rude and inaccurate.

Sorry. Im just angry.
I`ll take that back then and say some kind of mistake must have happened. Anyway:
I give up! I better shut my mouth and not risk my account getting banned for things I might write otherwise.

Still unacceptable

Note: This account runs on EU servers.

(edited by Baseraver.7241)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

And accusing the company — or the people involved in the research and distribution --
of having “lied” is rude and inaccurate.

Sorry. Im just angry.
I`ll take that back then and say some kind of mistake must have happened. Anyway:
I give up! I better shut my mouth and not risk my account getting banned for things I might write otherwise.

Still unacceptable

Note: This account runs on EU servers.

Idk wether you are apologising or accusing them on silencing players. If theres a mistake theres a mistake and she provided a posible solution feel free to contact support to see further in your case.

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I’m asking about this, in case there’s some oddity in the data that might have resulted in eligible people not making the list. From what I was hearing as the review was being done, the parameters sounded really good to me, and in fact erred on the side of generosity. But I take on board you have questions, and I’ll see if there’s anything that could have resulted in a few … what would I call them?.. false negatives?

Thanks for your patience and the information you’re sharing.

Our Analytics Team is awesome, and they’re going to take a look.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Rabe.2456

Rabe.2456

I contacted customer support the day the patch went live but did not get any response (or compensation) yet. Did the list not include any people that played on the old version while the patched version was live already? We killed Slothasaur but did not get any loot that day.

Raid Bug Corrected

Sentinel.5731

I’m asking about this, in case there’s some oddity in the data that might have resulted in eligible people not making the list. From what I was hearing as the review was being done, the parameters sounded really good to me, and in fact erred on the side of generosity. But I take on board you have questions, and I’ll see if there’s anything that could have resulted in a few … what would I call them?.. false negatives?

Anet & the CS team have always been awesome. I can look forward to a positive resolution (or at least an answer)

Morvik Dragonslayer
FF | Nerf

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I contacted customer support the day the patch went live but did not get any response (or compensation) yet. Did the list not include any people that played on the old version while the patched version was live already? We killed Slothasaur but did not get any loot that day.

Gosh, I don’t know about that, Rabe. So you got notification there was a new build, but being in the middle of battle, you elected to stay on the old build, right? I imagine you completed the encounter within the hour, but being on the old build… heck, I just don’t know how that impacts things, but it’s certainly worth asking about!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Drachen.8237

Drachen.8237

Not everyone in my group got loot for sloth and Matthias. Some of the members in my group had killed sloth on the day prior getting loot and a few people (not them) got loot from Matthias. I do not have the resources available to me to show my API history for bosses killed and to show that I didn’t get loot from them but I do run a dps meter and have logs enabled. I can show that my group killed the bosses but I can’t show that my group didn’t get the loot besides one person who never got the boss kills that week due to not being there when we reran wing 2 later. Using raidheroes and the logs from the damage meter, I can show that my group had successfully killed both Matthias and sloth. Albeit it did take 3 tries each.

http://i.imgur.com/6jMTrJt.jpg

The link shows snips of raidheroes showing time & date along with a successful kill. There is also the file path to the htlm (raidheroes file) shown the top part of the browser. Which shows where these came from and they’re from the original log files that were used to create the raidheroes file. My group and I fit under the criteria from the information given to us.

Date:
6/20/2017
Time:
4:50 PM PST
5:17 PM PST
Bosses:
Slothasoar
Matthias Gabrel
Everything was cleared but we did not go back to those bosses that night.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Emopandagurke.3497

Emopandagurke.3497

My group did a full clear on June, 20th after the patch and I did not get the compensation. Odd thing is that some of my group got it but some did not.

-Elona Reach-

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Drachen.8237

Drachen.8237

It seems that the one who had to leave my group early that week and was not there for when we reran wing 2, got his compensation chest. Does that mean that it was handed out to only those who didn’t complete their clear for that week?

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Foxgod.1038

Foxgod.1038

I’m very much surprised about this being finished already. I did wait until after the US holidays as I was under the impression not much would be moving anyway.

We had been raiding on the day of the fix, BEFORE AND AFTER, as we pushed our clear back 3 times but couldn’t wait any longer, since there was no fix announced yet at that point. Some people from my group had recieved their chests instantly after the initial post for compensation. Another got it 15 minutes after sending in a ticket today, while I got told by support a few hours ago after contacting them that I was obviously not eligable or I had recieved one before already?

So I’m very sorry if the list has already been checked three times, but some people have been missed definitely

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Shruikan.5489

Shruikan.5489

My group killed 3 bosses just after the update with the Mac client which was on the 21st. I haven’t received any mail.

The original post says that the requirements are to have:
Successfully complete a raid encounter.
On the 20th, 21st, or 22nd.

What are the additional requirements? It may help clear up some confusion if we know why we might not have gotten the chest.

(edited by Shruikan.5489)

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Not everyone in my group got loot for sloth and Matthias. Some of the members in my group had killed sloth on the day prior getting loot and a few people (not them) got loot from Matthias. I do not have the resources available to me to show my API history for bosses killed and to show that I didn’t get loot from them but I do run a dps meter and have logs enabled. I can show that my group killed the bosses but I can’t show that my group didn’t get the loot besides one person who never got the boss kills that week due to not being there when we reran wing 2 later. Using raidheroes and the logs from the damage meter, I can show that my group had successfully killed both Matthias and sloth. Albeit it did take 3 tries each.

The link shows snips of raidheroes showing time & date along with a successful kill. There is also the file path to the htlm (raidheroes file) shown the top part of the browser. Which shows where these came from and they’re from the original log files that were used to create the raidheroes file. My group and I fit under the criteria from the information given to us.

Date:
6/20/2017
Time:
Bosses:
Slothasoar
Matthias Gabrel

Great recordkeeping and info! Thank you.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Liam.6987

Liam.6987

My group did a full clear on June, 20th after the patch and I did not get the compensation. Odd thing is that some of my group got it but some did not.

Same thing happened with my group, some people got them and some did not. Definitely seems like there may be an oddity in the data.

hahameisnerd

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Just to be clear, Liam and Emo:

Did you mean some got the boss chest? Or some got the gift distribution that came after the bug was fixed?

Thanks for that info.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Buster.6137

Buster.6137

I just sent in a ticket but then I read something on here, which made me curious. At least two of my team mates didn’t get compensated (me and another guy). We cleared all wings Wednesday 21st, and I believe there was a patch during our raid run which we chose NOT to patch, as we were already going well. Now, some of the people who cleared the raid earlier that week were compensated, but us who only cleared Wednesday (and didn’t receive loot from Matthias) haven’t gotten anything. Does it have anything to do with the fact that we didn’t patch?

(edited by Buster.6137)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Emopandagurke.3497

Emopandagurke.3497

Did you mean some got the boss chest? Or some got the gift distribution that came after the bug was fixed?

Thanks for that info.

I think we all got the Boss chests, after we did KC we all got kicked out of the game and some ppl were missing loot after that.
As far as the gift goes its like 50/50 who got it. Some of us messaged support on the same day though. Maybe that did affect the distribution?

-Elona Reach-

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Praxis.4976

Praxis.4976

What are the additional requirements? It may help clear up some confusion if we know why we might not have gotten the chest.

I’d like to know too…

Though, if killing one boss was the only requirement, as you have stated, then I can assure you Gaile, that the lists may have been double and triple checked, but people were missed.

We killed VG on 20th June ~8.15pm GMT (we’re EU), all 10 members received no loot except for magnetite shards for the event, (no chest spawned after the kill), and have received nothing from the distribution (to my knowledge).

We weren’t on the old build, people didn’t come and go, people didn’t even die during the encounter if I remember correctly. We very simply entered the instance as a full group, killed trash and then VG, and then left when there was no loot. We shouldn’t even be an ‘edge case’, if the requirements are all you have told us.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Foxgod.1038

Foxgod.1038

Just in case, it is detailed information that is missing, all times are CEST (UTC+2)

Cairne 20170622-201737
MO 20170622-202652
Samarog 20170622-203806
Deimos 20170622-205032
Cairne again for ppl that got no loot 20170622-205812
VG 1 20170622-210835
VG 2nd try 20170622-211400
Gorseval 20170622-212807
Sabetha 20170622-213723
<<<<<< then the patch hit
and we proceeded with Wing 3, which I suppose is no longer relevant for this

sadly our twitch VOD https://www.twitch.tv/videos/153654058 that had the entire run in it just got deleted since it was 2 weeks and 2h ago

(edited by Foxgod.1038)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Curo.2483

Curo.2483

Date:
6/20/2017
Time:
Bosses:
Slothasoar
Matthias Gabrel

I was in this group (static), and received compensation. However, clearly not everyone in the group did receive compensation.

Seeing as we missed our Matthias loot, I later joined a PUG to get another Matthias kill, and I did end up getting loot on that kill. IIRC, that’s the only other raid group I joined during the time period. Perhaps I was given compensation for that PUG group and not our static group where most of us missed out on Matthias loot? Seems kinda backwards, if that’s the case.

Curo Lunesque – “Concerned Citizen and Community Builder”
NSP – northernshiverpeaks.org

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Pandarr.9642

Pandarr.9642

Date:
6/20/2017
Time:
Bosses:
Slothasoar
Matthias Gabrel

I was in this group and I did not receive compensation. Is it possible to find out what circumstances led to me not getting compensation? We cleared every encounter successfully on Tuesday.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Liam.6987

Liam.6987

Thanks for that info.

Both although we redid the bosses we didn’t get loot from once the bug was fixed. The gift only a few people got them.

hahameisnerd

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Aerial Melodies.4938

Aerial Melodies.4938

I was also in a group where one person got compensation but no one else did. I did at least 5 bosses while the bug was active, perhaps more (foggy memory). Seems strange that if it was done by group that only select group members got the compensation. It’s also suspect that if people asked support about this a couple of days ago, support immediately filled the request. If you ask now, support tells you “oh well” and that’s it. Deliver what you promise, or don’t promise what you can’t deliver. Feeling bad for EU especially as it appears they truly got the short end of the stick on this one.

Ele for Hire

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

Thank you for all these reports. The details you gave were very helpful! We’ll get some info back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks again!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Linken.6345

Linken.6345

Date:
6/20/2017
Time:
Bosses:
Slothasoar
Matthias Gabrel

I was in this group (static), and received compensation. However, clearly not everyone in the group did receive compensation.

Seeing as we missed our Matthias loot, I later joined a PUG to get another Matthias kill, and I did end up getting loot on that kill. IIRC, that’s the only other raid group I joined during the time period. Perhaps I was given compensation for that PUG group and not our static group where most of us missed out on Matthias loot? Seems kinda backwards, if that’s the case.

And thats probabely it since you guys dident get any loot it wasent recorded as a kill in the api, so no compensation.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: tarwatirno.3297

tarwatirno.3297

My group successfully cleared VG, Gors, and Sabetha on 6/20. I think we all got loot from VG and Gors, but no one got loot from Sabetha. Several of my guild mates in the same raid squad got the compensation chest (a couple had to write in to support) but others, including myself did not. Support just told me that I’m not eligible.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: GooseBumps.6509

GooseBumps.6509

I feel that the biggest frustration right now comes from the abrupt shift in customer service’s attitude towards the issue.

I can imagine that manually administrating the distribution is not a simple task and that it is one where mistakes can be made. From analyzing to the distribution itself, it seems somewhere someone forgot a chunk of data. I’m aware of more than one person who raided in the given time period, in a party that successfully completed a raid boss encounter who have not been compensated. Furthermore, situations where one or some of the party/squad members received compensation and others not are even more alarming.

With all due respect, I don’t think it’s the time to instruct CS to reject all inquiries on the subject, nor should the situation get swiped under the rug. I personally wouldn’t mind waiting an extra month for the distribution to be completed as long as what is promised is delivered.

Side note: Compensation was not a necessity, I’m sure we all appreciate the gesture!

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: int randInt return.7810

int randInt return.7810

One member of our group received a compensation box after he sent a support request, but most of the other members of our group did not.
I did not receive one either.

My memory is a bit fuzzy ( https://youtu.be/pinV9yhOjqc ), but it looks like we should qualify based on those stated requirements.

On June 20th, we killed Matthias at the end of Wing 2 after a couple /qq’s, but did not receive any loot (not even a bag of gear).
We left and re-entered the instance before killing him again, and received loot that time.

Wing 2 instance was opened ~ 1 h 30m after reset.
Matthias was the Scythe, the bringer of salvation at 1h 58m after reset.
Matthias dies the first time at approximately 2h 14m after reset.
Started a ‘new’ Wing 2 instance at approximately 2h 18m after reset.
Matthias was the Scythe, the bringer of salvation at 2h 21m after reset.
Matthias dies a second time at approximately 2h 32m after reset.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: roseria.7695

roseria.7695

My group successfully cleared VG, Gors, and Sabetha on 6/20. I think we all got loot from VG and Gors, but no one got loot from Sabetha. Several of my guild mates in the same raid squad got the compensation chest (a couple had to write in to support) but others, including myself did not. Support just told me that I’m not eligible.

^ Sounds like me (have not contacted support yet as i can’t even get the page open) but that isn’t fair now.

Roserra @ [ATT] – Attuned

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

I understand the frustration completely. Rest assured there will be no under the rug sweeping going on. As I mentioned, I believe there will be more information coming although I don’t know what the timeframe will be for that. We greatly appreciate your patience while we investigate the matter.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Jeremy Brown

Previous

Jeremy Brown

Data Analyst

Next

Hi there Raiders!

I’m from the Analytics team; a group of people who review what you do in game with the data you leave behind. We’re sometimes referred to as Business Intelligence or BI.

First, a little background to the methodology we used. We reviewed all of your play throughs and were able to identify each of you who were affected by this bug. What was interesting is that we found some parties where some players got a Legendary Insight, while other didn’t. Was this a result of the reward bug or was this due to weekly resets? Afterall, Monday was not affected by the bug. A few thousand of you would have been eligible, but this didn’t feel right.

So we reframed the question; How many raiding parties likely were affected by this bug? This increased the number of potentially affected players by more than 20%. We knew that this would include people who play repeat raid wings and who, in reality, wouldn’t be affected by this bug because they werent’ eligible. But we also realize that you will play with others who would be eligible. Should a player who played Gorseval on Monday, and recieved their weekly reward, receive this gift when they played on Tuesday? What about when that player noticed that others in their Tuesday raid recieved a gift and they didn’t? Maybe you didn’t get LI, but you should’ve got something, right?

We chose to err on the side of a larger number. This gift wasn’t going to impact the economy, so we felt that we’d rather apologize to all players who were in raiding parties that were affected rather than risk upsetting a sizable subset of you. This was also why we chose not to give out LI.

I don’t like pointing fingers, but it seems that this large number is likely what was to blame. Most of you we identified did receive what was promised and some haven’t yet taken the items from their mail. But, it turns out, some of you simply didn’t get our in-game mail. Sentinel, Baseraver, and Wilz, you helped us, just by being you, to identify that we had a different bug affect you. Of the thousands upon thousands of players who were deemed eligible, it seems the system we used to send in-game mail failed to send to more than a thousand of you.

It is regrettable that any of you may have been missed. Please be aware that neither Gaile, the CS team, nor Anet in general lied about giving you the gift we promised. Reading through this thred, however, made it clear that something else may have broken.

I’ve worked with the CS team specifically to re-identify those of you who feel you were promised but not delivered an apology. Another round of gifts will be going out – though there’s no change in what is being sent.

So why did it take us this long to correct this? Believe it or not, we had to collect more data from you before we could act, and that takes time; several days in this case.

Please accept our apologies for the frustration you have experienced.

Raid Bug Corrected

zealex.9410

lul anet is making me feel bad and i didnt even raid that titme to come here and complain. Thanks for the extra insight btw @Jeremy Brown it was very nice to get a bigger picture of the issue. Hope the rest of the guys get their gift soon.

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

lul anet is making me feel bad and i didnt even raid that titme to come here and complain. Thanks for the extra insight btw @Jeremy Brown it was very nice to get a bigger picture of the issue. Hope the rest of the guys get their gift soon.

It’s ok, zealex — you can come around any time and not complain, too! We’re not picky!

Seriously, I appreciate Jeremy’s insights, too, and am so happy that this is going to be resolved for everyone!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Praxis.4976

Praxis.4976

Over 1000 people have not received their compensation yet, but they will do because Baseraver and others in this thread stood up, even though they were essentially called liars for doing so. Unfortunately the posts where that was said have been deleted; specifically Baseraver’s original post and Gaile’s response to him.

I understand the frustration completely. Rest assured there will be no under the rug sweeping going on.

I’d call deleting posts in this thread sweeping things under the rug, personally. I’d also call the way Gaile initially handled this issue appalling, especially considering the outcome. But that reputation can stay clean thanks to a quick click of the delete button, I guess.

Thank you Jeremy for looking at the data and constructing a considered response. Also, thank you for at least trying to make amends to those who were accused of lying at the beginning.

I look forward to this being fully resolved.

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

Same raid group as int randInt return, cleared two raid wings (SF and SP) while the bug was active. 5/6 bosses gave loot to everyone, final boss (Matthias) dropped no loot for anyone. We killed him again and received loot, so didn’t end up losing any rewards, and as a result I’m not terribly upset, but according to your criteria should technically have received the make-up chest. I haven’t seen anything yet.

So yeah, something was definitely fouled up. Hopefully throwing some extra data on the pile will help solve it.

Raid Bug Corrected

zealex.9410

Tbh other than base raver the rest didnt really got called out liars at least from what iv noticed in the thread. And and gaile didnt really call anyone a lair she actually thank ppl who gave feedback on the issue so idk.

Raid Bug Corrected

zealex.9410

Same raid group as int randInt return, cleared two raid wings (SF and SP) while the bug was active. 5/6 bosses gave loot to everyone, final boss (Matthias) dropped no loot for anyone. We killed him again and received loot, so didn’t end up losing any rewards, and as a result I’m not terribly upset, but according to your criteria should technically have received the make-up chest. I haven’t seen anything yet.

So yeah, something was definitely fouled up. Hopefully throwing some extra data on the pile will help solve it.

W8 dont you state here that in the end you got loot from the boss? Or the second kill was on a diff reset? If yes you shouldnt be eligible for a gift but data is always data

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Terminsel.5728

Terminsel.5728

So the criteria are -
1. Successful raid kill
2. During the time of the bug
3. And you got no LI from the kill?

Therefore if you had a successful raid kill during the time frame and got suitable loot drops for any such/said kills, you do not qualify for the compensation? Is that correct?

(edited by Terminsel.5728)

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

I received nothing. Why am I not surprised. Afterall this game was not made for me, it was made by TrXXX

gaem not made for mi
===========

Raid Bug Corrected

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

W8 dont you state here that in the end you got loot from the boss? Or the second kill was on a diff reset? If yes you shouldnt be eligible for a gift but data is always data

In the end, I got loot from each boss that week, it just took more than one successful kill due to hitting the bug. I am, as a result, a person “who participated in at least one successful raid boss encounter between the patch on June 20 and the hotfix on June 22”, which was the only stated requirement for the compensation gift, so according to my understanding I’m in the eligible group, despite not losing anything other than a boss kill’s worth of time and effort.

Either I am eligible and didn’t receive rewards (which is a problem) or I am not eligible but was told I was (which is a problem) so either way there’s something to fix.

Raid Bug Corrected

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

In the end, I got loot from each boss that week, it just took more than one successful kill due to hitting the bug. I am, as a result, a person “who participated in at least one successful raid boss encounter between the patch on June 20 and the hotfix on June 22”, which was the only stated requirement for the compensation gift, so according to my understanding I’m in the eligible group, despite not losing anything other than a boss kill’s worth of time and effort.

Either I am eligible and didn’t receive rewards (which is a problem) or I am not eligible but was told I was (which is a problem) so either way there’s something to fix.

Yours is an interesting case, Entrea, but it seems that it can be reviewed and resolved. From what I understand, it will take a bit of time to sort out the eligible participants, but we are well aware that there were many more than then those who received the initial distribution. That became clear to me when I read the anecdotal details, where X in a party got a gift, and Y did not, but all other factors appeared to be the same. Which is why we were actively discussing the reports and why Jeremy was reviewing this situation over several hours today.

If you read Jeremy’s post, you’ll probably get a glimpse of why this was so complex, and I’m sure you’ll be happy to know this will be addressed for those who did not receive a gift when they were qualified to do so.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet