Raid Rewards

Raid Rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

@Thorwyn when we did that event yesterday, we noticed that everyone got 1g50s expect the guys that went down during the event.

Not sure if that’s the triggering point there, needs some more confirmation.

Other people died, gliding too hard, but I didn’t.
So it has to be something else, or is it our best friend DR who is striking back again?

Raid Rewards

Posted by: GrimmR.3541

GrimmR.3541

Weird then.
Has to be DR then. :<

toxic since 2012

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Atharian.7092

Atharian.7092

8 shards for killing Vale Guardian seems pretty lame to me… As far as farming shards is concerned, its actually faster not to kill him. You can earn enough credit for shards a lot faster, and you don’t need to remake the squad to get him to spawn again.

Obviously the bosses can drop what you want for killing them too, but I personally never get favoured by the RNG gods… Thus I’ll often farm or buy the stuff I want.

(edited by Atharian.7092)

Raid Rewards

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

A little Comparison to show the Reward balance.

Gathering tour
Time spent: 40minutes
Effort required: Waypointing running Pressing F
Cost: 40s waypoint costs gathering tools
Reward: 17g50s89c
Persons required: 1
Repeatable: as often as you want for similar Reward

Raid
Time spent: 50minutes
Effort required: 10 good Players playing in a organised group with voice communication
Costs: 2-3g worth of Food, Ascended gear and Teamspeak
Reward: 3g for all Events 4g per Boss + Exotic gear and a small RNG chance as well as Tokens
Persons required: 10
Repeatable: once a Week

This is with the Call of the Mists buff that doubles the current rewards. If you would do one Raid a Day and one Gathering Tour a Day, Gathering would net you ~122g a week while Raiding would get you ~33g at the cost of 14g worth of Food with the Risk of Failure or People being late/lagging.

Of course this wont be much of a Problem anymore with future Raids giving us more to do and more Chances to get good Drops (RNG yay) and even this Drops can be completely useless for the Player that gets em while other Players desperately need em for their Builds (Vipers accessories back pieces etc).

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Don’t use expensive food.

Raid Rewards

Atharian.7092

A tad rude to the rest of your raid party, don’t you think? :P

Raid Rewards

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Rude? Lol.

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

If your party constantly wipes at 1-2% health, then it’s rude.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

This logic only works if you’re the only one using cheap food. But even then it DOESN’T work because your cheap food is making every phase last longer, creating more chances for failure than just at the very end.

Also causing even ONE wipe because of cheap food is rude.

Raid Rewards

Atharian.7092

The main point the guy was making is that raids can take far more than they give. I’ve spent about 30 gold on consumables and I made about 12 of that back.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

There should be guaranteed ascended material drops on bosses imo, as in completely refined mats. Those should also be given out if you get multiple kills in a week, albeit at lower amounts.
People can then either a) use them to gear up other characters or b) sell them.
It would also actually help the economy to some degree because lets face it, current ascended gear prices are simply ridiculous in combination with how (relatively) difficult it is to get gold by playing the game and both fractals and raids pretty much requiring you to get up, yet nowhere giving you enough currency/mats to do so.

Also, you should be able to turn in your raid-specifikittenradeable rewards (asc gear gained inside the raid, minis…) in at the raid trader. Allow us to get either get magnetite shards, a mix of shards and gold or raw gold for it; at reasonable rates, of course.

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

This logic only works if you’re the only one using cheap food. But even then it DOESN’T work because your cheap food is making every phase last longer, creating more chances for failure than just at the very end.

Also causing even ONE wipe because of cheap food is rude.

High end food is only a 1-2% damage increase depending on how cheap you want to be. One person using it makes it like a 0.1-0.2% difference. The boss lasts 1 second longer?

If you need to use expensive food to beat raids then you have far bigger l2p issues than the performance loss from a cheap food. But feel free to waste your gold.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Point is, if a group can clear a wing under 50 minutes with 1-2 minutes (!!!) to spare on each boss kill, they obviously don’t need to use expensive food. So the food shouldn’t be the hindrance factor for their replay ability of the raid. There are some reasonable suggestions out there for reward rework, but definitely not removing the weekly cap.

Also, asking for rewards from ANet for helping others has never really worked in GW2 since launch and I doubt it will ever be. The closest I’ve seen is from player-agreement trade in which players tip or agree to pay to get carried.

Back then, you had 2 choices: selling Arah or farming FrostGorged Sound/Coiled Watch all days. Not much different from now.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Wahaha.7938

Wahaha.7938

High end food is only a 1-2% damage increase depending on how cheap you want to be. One person using it makes it like a 0.1-0.2% difference. The boss lasts 1 second longer?

If you need to use expensive food to beat raids then you have far bigger l2p issues than the performance loss from a cheap food. But feel free to waste your gold.

If your party is experienced at the boss fight and can kill it easily, sure they can use cheap food. However if trying for a first kill every little bit helps. Given how often groups beat a boss with several or all people downed, I expect everyone to use good food for that extra 1%. There’s been many occasions where a group beat Gorseval 1 second before world eater finished. If someone was using cheap food there, gg no awesome victory, try again.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

Is this a joke, weren’t you in a speedclearing guild? you should know how much of a difference food provides, it’s the difference between a warrior averaging 18 might or 25 for condi builds my lupi kill times drop by like 30 seconds if I use good food, it boosts me up to 100% condi duration so I don’t need to take a sigil to compensate for the missing condi duration, I could then use a sigil of bursting or some other dps sigil that might help me out. Then there’s food like lifesteal and endurance regen food which can carry you through an encounter. It also compensates for bad rotations giving you space to recover between dodges etc.

In raids the difference is not 30s between kills but instead whether most groups even manage to kill it food is very important. Which is why anet should find ways to make the BiS food easier to come by and be more generous with rewards.

(edited by Elomite.2396)

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

So 2% more condition duration and 10 more condition damage drops your lupi kill time by 30 seconds? I find that really hard to believe.

If your party is experienced at the boss fight and can kill it easily, sure they can use cheap food. However if trying for a first kill every little bit helps. Given how often groups beat a boss with several or all people downed, I expect everyone to use good food for that extra 1%. There’s been many occasions where a group beat Gorseval 1 second before world eater finished. If someone was using cheap food there, gg no awesome victory, try again.

You can also just play better or use a better group composition.

So do you guys also use Extended Potion of Ghost Slaying against Gorseval?

Raid Rewards

Elomite.2396

So 2% more condition duration and 10 more condition damage drops your lupi kill time by 30 seconds? I find that really hard to believe.

We’re talking about changing a sigil here, swapping in 6% condi damage sigil instead of 10% duration since I could get that from a toxic focusing crystal. If you’re using anything less than 20% condi duration food your just losing damage for no reason at all it cost’s like 20s or something at most. The other alternatives aren’t that great and I wouldn’t use them for raids at all. It’s like when a ps warrior is only using phalanx strength without using golden fried dumplings or a strength sigil, he’ll average around 18 might and it will drop below that, the only time he’ll hit 25 is through a hundred blades and so whirlwind, so that means if the ps warrior is the main source of might everyone else his 5 targets including himself are losing 35might stacks, that means big cooldowns are getting used and they are not doing as much dps as they should be, if you start relying on other players and the ps warrior for might it mean’s they will be dropping damage in their rotation to stack might, engi’s will have to start stacking up might in their firebombs which will certainly lose dps since all of there blasts take a long time to cast and are mainly power pased so it’s a dps loss.

This is just 2 examples but if just doesn’t make any sense to me why you would voluntarily drop damage just to save a few gold. Especially when that damage could be the fraction of a bosses hp between a kill, it would more than make up for the cost.

(edited by Elomite.2396)

Raid Rewards

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

That you get tokens even for failing is a really nice thing anet introduced to the game.
In my opinion, it is too nice. People who are able to clear the raid should get more out of it than people who keep failing on the first boss. Clearing the full raid should reward you with the weekly cap of tokens. Not getting past the first boss 25% of the cap, 50% for the second and 75% for the third boss.
As I stated somewhere earlier. We cleared the raid every week now and all I got are some exotics which weren’t worth anything. Together with the small amount of gold you get.
My tokens are capped at 315 which a person who haven’t cleared the raid yet could have reached as well. So in the end, we both are on the same level of rewards and this fair?

I already agreed that clear rewards should be improved. It’s lovely that you/your group are able to reliably clear the wing each week and it’s a pity you have only got junk exotics and gold so far. I also agree that repeatedly failing to clear the boss shouldn’t be a faster way to earn shards than clearing them.

Where I don’t agree is with the apparent notion that people expending the same time and effort to try and clear the boss should be rewarded with nothing for their efforts. Their time and energy is as valuable as yours. If people have the time to keep trying, let them earn a few pitiful shards per attempt and hit their weekly cap.

I think the main issue is that the actual proper rewards are all RNG, and the odds aren’t terribly good. Raids are not dungeons, the incentive to complete them is not the tokens or gold reward provided, the main reward incentive should be the drops.

The problem is that the drops are too rare. If you had a decent chance of getting the drops, the shards would just be the bonus that they are supposed to be.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Torolan.5816

Torolan.5816

@Torolan
Only because people are better at a game than others, doesn’t mean that they spend their whole life in it.

My post was not about the assumption that people who devote time to raids have no life in general. My idea was an observation I took from a thread right in this forum where a guild claimed to have spend 11:20 a day over a period of 3 days to beat the raid. So I think the point you´re trying to use here, aka quality, is invalid. I couldn´t care less if you´re a better player than me to be honest, you probably are. I merely disputed the claim that you should receive a favorable condition where we non-raiders do not receive one and are even excluded of a content by design. This last point arenot my words, it´s Anet´s statement who do not expect many people to finish the raids.

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

We’re talking about changing a sigil here, swapping in 6% condi damage sigil instead of 10% duration since I could get that from a toxic focusing crystal. If you’re using anything less than 20% condi duration food your just losing damage for no reason at all it cost’s like 20s or something at most. The other alternatives aren’t that great and I wouldn’t use them for raids at all. It’s like when a ps warrior is only using phalanx strength without using golden fried dumplings or a strength sigil, he’ll average around 18 might and it will drop below that, the only time he’ll hit 25 is through a hundred blades and so whirlwind, so that means if the ps warrior is the main source of might everyone else his 5 targets including himself are losing 35might stacks, that means big cooldowns are getting used and they are not doing as much dps as they should be, if you start relying on other players and the ps warrior for might it mean’s they will be dropping damage in their rotation to stack might, engi’s will have to start stacking up might in their firebombs which will certainly lose dps since all of there blasts take a long time to cast and are mainly power pased so it’s a dps loss.

This is just 2 examples but if just doesn’t make any sense to me why you would voluntarily drop damage just to save a few gold. Especially when that damage could be the fraction of a bosses hp between a kill, it would more than make up for the cost.

As I said before, if you want to waste gold feel free to do that.

Yes, sometimes there is no cheap alternative. Then you just have to bite the bullet and spend gold.

Where are you getting your PS warrior might numbers?

Raid Rewards

Elomite.2396

Yes, sometimes there is no cheap alternative. Then you just have to bite the bullet and spend gold.

Against bosses like abom where you don’t need to dodge much the only time your might ever goes above 18 is when you do hundred blades or if you have quickness, if you don’t it will drop fast down to numbers like 13,14. You need to compensate by bringing extra might generation through sigils or food. I thought this was common knowledge that even ps warrior could not maintain 25 might without buffs.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Against bosses like abom where you don’t need to dodge much the only time your might ever goes above 18 is when you do hundred blades or if you have quickness, if you don’t it will drop fast down to numbers like 13,14. You need to compensate by bringing extra might generation through sigils or food. I thought this was common knowledge that even ps warrior could not maintain 25 might without buffs.

In the current raid “meta” you’ll be getting 50% boon duration from the revenant pretty much 80% of the time or more so there’s no need for boon duration food or strength sigil on warrior.

Raid Rewards

Elomite.2396

In the current raid “meta” you’ll be getting 50% boon duration from the revenant pretty much 80% of the time or more so there’s no need for boon duration food or strength sigil on warrior.

I already stated earlier that this was not accounting for outside sources, if you are relying on a ps warrior alone and they are not using buff food, they cannot maintain 25 might. They will have to sacrifice dps for a strength sigil just so they can save a few silver on food. My point was if the warrior who is the main responsibility for stacking might want’s to cheap out on a few silver that will affect the players who rely on his might, lowering their dps as well and like I said this was just an example of the top of my head, I think wethospu is wrong he says that people would only be losing out on 0.1% damage of a bosses hp, if this was the case people wouldn’t be using food at all because it would be a waste.

I think food provides a very noticeable difference especially on condi classes where you can swap out for a more dps orientated sigil since you can reach condi duration cap with consumables, I also think there is amazing utility food like life steal and endurance regen it gives sustain that could easily carry less experienced players through encounters.

(edited by Elomite.2396)

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

It’s not very constructive to twist my numbers and arguments.

If you think 1-2g/h for consumables is cheap, feel free to send some gold my way.

Raid Rewards

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I already stated earlier that this was not accounting for outside sources, if you are relying on a ps warrior alone and they are not using buff food, they cannot maintain 25 might. They will have to sacrifice dps for a strength sigil just so they can save a few silver on food. My point was if the warrior who is the main responsibility for stacking might want’s to cheap out on a few silver that will affect the players who rely on his might, lowering their dps as well and like I said this was just an example of the top of my head, I think wethospu is wrong he says that people would only be losing out on 0.1% damage of a bosses hp, if this was the case people wouldn’t be using food at all because it would be a waste.

I think food provides a very noticeable difference especially on condi classes where you can swap out for a more dps orientated sigil since you can reach condi duration cap with consumables, I also think there is amazing utility food like life steal and endurance regen it gives sustain that could easily carry less experienced players through encounters.

We’re talking about raids here, so not taking outside sources into account is, quite honestly, kittened. Solo, group and squad settings are completely different things with entirely different needs and should be treated accordingly. Besides, he isn’t saying to not use food; he’s saying that you can go down one step (as in asparagus instead of truffle steak) because the difference is overall quite minor. That being said, yes there’s food with bigger impacts.

Raid Rewards

Elomite.2396

We’re talking about raids here, so not taking outside sources into account is, quite honestly, kittened. Solo, group and squad settings are completely different things with entirely different needs and should be treated accordingly. Besides, he isn’t saying to not use food; he’s saying that you can go down one step (as in asparagus instead of truffle steak) because the difference is overall quite minor. That being said, yes there’s food with bigger impacts.

But the entire point of this here was people saying we are losing money when using this food, if the best in slot food isn’t sustainable for the hardest content in the game where else are we supposed to use it? It is absolutely anet’s fault and wethospu is trying to make it out like it’s completely fine that this food is expensive as hell we should just use cheaper options. My point is this food is overly expensive and the recipes are unsustainable I don’t care how much you farm open world your bloodstone dust stacks will start to diminish if you are constantly crafting this food.

Anet should make this food more accessible otherwise what’s the point of even having it in the game if it’s not applicable anywhere because it is hurting your profit margins.

Again I see no reason why people would defend anet for this decision because they are clearly aware how expensive the food is, the recipe used to be like 100g each now they crashed the price with those pact merchants because they realized it is stupid to have these consumables when only a small percentage of players will even consider using them.

I agree the food is expensive, but we should not be forced into using the cheaper options just because the rewards are literally that bad they can’t even cover the cost of the mandatory BiS food.

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

Now that’s completely messed up. I’m literally saying that top tier food is way too overpriced. How are you able to twist that to “food price is completely fine”?

Yes, food prices are overly expensive because of some recipes. But they are also expensive because everyone keeps using them. If people used them only when absolutely needed (record runs, showing off, wiping at 1%) then the prices would be much more tolerable. Unfortunately most guides tell you to use top food so you can feel optimal and good.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

Even ignoring food price for a second, a raid shouldn’t award less than 20 mins of tree logging in Tyria. That’s just dumb imo.

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

Of course it is. But no need to make it even worse than it is with expensive consumables.

Raid Rewards

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Even ignoring food price for a second, a raid shouldn’t award less than 20 mins of tree logging in Tyria. That’s just dumb imo.

Anet clearly knows how to keep a good economy.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Raid Rewards

Elomite.2396

Now that’s completely messed up. I’m literally saying that top tier food is way too overpriced. How are you able to twist that to “food price is completely fine”?

Your first comment on the matter was simply “don’t use expensive food”, this isn’t an alternative and shouldn’t be considered one. The food is way too expensive and should be looked at again by everyone’s favorite economist. I assumed you were completely fine with it being expensive because your only suggestion was not to use it, you didn’t say much of anything about how you think it should fit into the game or how to fix the matter you said just simply “don’t use it” and you still haven’t responded to where you think Best in slot food should be used if not raids.

You haven’t even commented on anything I brought up other than your victim complex though so I’m done replying.

(edited by Elomite.2396)

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

My point is this food is overly expensive and the recipes are unsustainable I don’t care how much you farm open world your bloodstone dust stacks will start to diminish if you are constantly crafting this food.

Anet should make this food more accessible otherwise what’s the point of even having it in the game if it’s not applicable anywhere because it is hurting your profit margins.

That i agree completly and this also work for sigil and runes. A lot of recipes from some of the end game stuff were dropped 2-3 years ago in events in a time when a lot of that stuff was useless. Now that they are actually good in the current content we have to spend 90 gold for some recipe for absolutely no reason other than Anet decided to put that food recipe available only during one even 2 years ago.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

Your first comment on the matter was simply “don’t use expensive food”, this isn’t an alternative and shouldn’t be considered one. The food is way too expensive and should be looked at again by everyone’s favorite economist. I assumed you were completely fine with it being expensive because your only suggestion was not to use it, you didn’t say much of anything about how you think it should fit into the game or how to fix the matter you said just simply “don’t use it” and you still haven’t responded to where you think Best in slot food should be used if not raids.

You haven’t even commented on anything I brought up other than your victim complex though so I’m done replying.

The post you quoted already covers all of this. You seem bit hostile. Have I offended you in some way? If yes, I apologize.

Anyways this topic is about raid rewards, not consumable costs. As fishball said, even without consumable costs rewards are lacking.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I Completly agree !
Raids should be rewarding the highest reward vs hour for those doing it right – it’s a once/week lockout. Most groups do not yet have this on farm mode so they will get even less gold/her.

If they fix Fotm this will be the highest chance of ascended drops again compared to raids and a better gold/hr if those ascended boxes start to drop. The level of difficulty vs gold / hr is not really reflected that well in this game.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Raid Rewards

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Remember tequila the dragon (as you could do this drunk now)- nets 3-4 gold easily for 15 mins (tops). The average easy stuff is still 12-15g/he without requiring any consumables. Raids are not going to be rewarding this level of loot especially after any nerf.

The 1 in 4 drop rate of an ascended box from killing each raid boss – seems not to be happening. Not in the groups I have seen – which I think was may have been stated by a developer.

Anyone else seen any other drops of ascended boxes (not minis!)?

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I got an ascended shield skin (with healer stats) from Gorseval, but it looks pretty ugly…

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I agree with the OP, raid rewards are pretty underwhelming.
There are so many other ways to make gold that take less time/effort/money it’s not even funny.

But for me, the ultimate middle finger is not getting the max amount of weekly tokens for clearing the wing, not only clearing the raid gives you no token advantage over someone who never got past the first boss, but you also need to wipe again and again to get your weekly 105.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

Good thing the forums are still a kittenshow…

For the fact that Arenanet pretty much destroyed the replayability of dungeons and fractals by making high level fractal difficulty a joke and nerfing rewards to a level where simply nobody wants to do them anymore, its kinda weird that they also don’t encourage any replayability for raids.

A large group of people, guilds and even pugs already finished the first raid wing, within a month of release.
If you cleared the raid for that week you’re basically stuck repeating the raid over and over for pretty much no rewards, repeating old content that has been nerfed so it has pretty much no rewards, or mindlessly spamming 1 in Silverwastes.

Even tho rewards shouldn’t be the #1 priority for a person wanting to do a certain type of content, it does help making people come back to that content, and it looks like Anet is simply discouraging people to replay it, either because they want to keep people in some kind of facade that raids are hard content, or because they want to force you to do open world stuff to earn gold.
If you’ve ever raided in other games you would know the difficulty of GW2 raids is just a plain joke, Arah was harder when it released.

Like Miku and Elomite stated earlier HoT took away more content than it delivered, and is pretty much a worse expansion than WoD imo (and that says a lot about an expansion)

I don’t really see any reason for people to whiteknight against Perry’s claim that raids should be more rewarding, unless if they aren’t able to beat raids themselves and don’t want actual good players to have an advantage over them, which in that case is just a l2p issue

(edited by bladex.9502)

Raid Rewards

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Raids are suppose to be about exclusive skins, where as fractals are what they want the instanced-content crowd to “farm” daily for income. The problem is, fractals is not doing its job because of how poorly it was implemented. If fractals had got new content, was actually challenging, and gave decent daily rewards, I think people would not expect raids to provide a farmable source of gold. Also though, given how far the community has been able to push the bosses in less then a month, raid selling could easily become a thing. It probably will if fractals continue to disappoint after the mid-december patch.

All that said i agree that something like 30g would be more reasonable for the liquid gold reward.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Some people need to better cover their insecurity in their posts. It’s amusing.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Raid Rewards

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

Its endlessly amusing when a group of people proudly no-lifed the content then complain when they have it on “farm”.

Most of the community has not beaten the whole raid yet, I would like it if ANet released clear stats like FF14 does so people understand what a small % have beaten it yet. Also in FF14 you can see what overtuning a raid does to the games population, if you dont play on 2 specific servers currently you cannot complete the raids and it has nearly killed their raiding community.

Also, posting that doing mindless farm gets better gold/hr is totally pointless. If all you care about is gold/hr why not just do the super boring farms you all compare raids to? Oh thats right, they are boring and THATS why they have so much value. Farming trees is worth a lot because, WE THE PLAYERS, find it boring so the supply is low. ANet doesn’t set those TP prices, we set them with our decision to play fun content over boring farm.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

I guess legendary gear and cheap as hell ascended items is not good though right?

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

> Cheap as hell

Snow Crows [SC]

Raid Rewards

The one to Rule.2593

100g for all of a set is cheap, any way you slice it. It costs more just to get your crafting high enough to actually make them.

Unless you want to pay another 1000g for a set + runes+ sigils+ weapons

I actually just checked it’s more like 50g for a full set of armor. that’s nothing

(edited by The one to Rule.2593)

Raid Rewards

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Because raid shards are falling off the sky and are not at all capped. But does it matter? Everyone raiding has an ascended set and legendary armor with no rune swap (if they follow the same logic as for weapons) is useless.

Snow Crows [SC]

Raid Rewards

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

GW2 doesn’t really have a gear treadmill, when you start raiding most of the time you already have ascended armor and weapons, and thus are already in possession of the best gear possible.

In other games you would raid for armors unique to that raid, that had better stats than any other armor in the game.
I remember the sense of reward and accomplishment when I finally got a piece of gear in other MMOs.
In GW2 pretty much 75% of all players already have the best armor tier, and raids reward players with that armor tier.
Sure you can use it on another character, but you aren’t actually gaining something stat wise.

There is 0 incentive to do raids more than once other than the fun it provides, but once that initial fun of newly released content wears off you will just be stuck doing the same unrewarding content over.

People still did dungeons daily before HoT released while they were out for 3 years, purely because they had decent rewards.
If raids don’t have the same thing, they will be dead content within months

Raid Rewards

Wethospu.6437

-

Also, posting that doing mindless farm gets better gold/hr is totally pointless. If all you care about is gold/hr why not just do the super boring farms you all compare raids to? Oh thats right, they are boring and THATS why they have so much value. Farming trees is worth a lot because, WE THE PLAYERS, find it boring so the supply is low. ANet doesn’t set those TP prices, we set them with our decision to play fun content over boring farm.

Developers actually control all of this. They create demand with new stuff. They decide droprates, etc.

Raid Rewards

Posted by: DresdenAllblack.1249

DresdenAllblack.1249

Might I play the neutral ground here, and state even if everyone in this thread can burn down the raid wing in an hour, there are those of us who have brick walled against VG for weeks now. So when us ‘lessers’ finally beat the raid, it will be epic.

A monumental task deserves a monumental reward.

Angelina is free game again.
Crystal Desert

Raid Rewards

The one to Rule.2593

Because raid shards are falling off the sky and are not at all capped. But does it matter? Everyone raiding has an ascended set and legendary armor with no rune swap (if they follow the same logic as for weapons) is useless.

it’s not difficult to cap every week. Does it take more time this way? sure. but it also saves you about 1000g, That’s the trade off and it’s worth it.