Raid boss selling is appeared on LFG panel

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: cpchow.7416

cpchow.7416

Would these guys be banned? I feel really bad about it as lots of player can’t finish it by themselves. I saw lots of player join their party and paying the gold just for the achievement. It’s very attractive as you have to spend about 100 hours but still can’t kill the boss. Why not use the time farm in SW and buy their services? I can finish it by just AFK inside and with some gold.

Posted by: Urosh Uchiha.9732

Urosh Uchiha.9732

Selling a dungeon or a raid is not bannable, why would it be? What is your reason to ban someone like that?

Posted by: saturn.4810

saturn.4810

It’s allowed. Buy the raid if you want, but beware of scams.

Posted by: ferdi.1452

ferdi.1452

Out of curiosity, how much where they charging?

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

It’s allowed. Buy the raid if you want, but beware of scams.

Selling is allowed.
Scamming is sanctioned.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Policy-on-the-LFG-Tool

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

I have a feeling part of the dungeon income nerfs was due to this very grey area, where Anet most likely had to deal with quite a few support tickets of scams etc.
Other than that it’s nice to get a quick kill as my take on raids is that they are not the true obstacle, that is finding 10 players who are skilled enough.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I wonder how many self-righteous vigilantes are angry at the fact that they cannot vote kick people selling raids since Commanders have full control over who goes in their squad?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is funny. Since they can’t hold the boss at 1% nor can people entering the raid after the event has started get credit, there are few options here. What do they do, sell the spot and then 9-man the raid boss after the 10th tags it? Honestly if they can pull that off then they deserve whatever the 10th is paying.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Kantalope.5037

Kantalope.5037

It’s not uncommon to beat the vale guardian timer by a lot. It wouldn’t be hard to 9 man it.

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

those 9 man splits lmfao making bank loot

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s not uncommon to beat the vale guardian timer by a lot. It wouldn’t be hard to 9 man it.

To those for whom 9-manning the boss is easy enough to sell the last spot reliably, I salute you!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Pandabro.8743

Pandabro.8743

Making money for being skilled at the game? Naw that shouldn’t ever happen…

Posted by: Verificus.4320

Verificus.4320

It’s probably not worth it though. Unlike dungeons were. To carry someone and make the raid harder I’d want to ask at least 5 gold per player there. But thats prolly me being not greedy enough so expect 10 gold or about 90-100 gold for a spot.

You only get 4 gold for boss kill and any rewards you get most likely will not cover the cost. At least with dungeon buying you got most of it back. Only people with lots of gold to burn (credit cards) but exceptionally bad at the game would shell 100g for a raid spot. I’d rather do it myself. I’d even get more magnesite shards from all the wiping.

Pandabro.8743

It’s probably not worth it though. Unlike dungeons were. To carry someone and make the raid harder I’d want to ask at least 5 gold per player there. But thats prolly me being not greedy enough so expect 10 gold or about 90-100 gold for a spot.

Pretty unlikely it’s going for that cheap. Considering there’s very very few groups that have cleared the raid right now I think it’d be close to 1000g for a full raid carry. 90-100g MIGHT get you a Vale Guardian kill.

Posted by: Elomite.2396

Elomite.2396

I know that buyers are dumb as hell but they would never spend 1000g especially since the rewards are once again terrible 100g at most and I imagine unless its a repeated farm for the sellers it would be really inefficient waiting it out, splitting with 9 people sounds really fun. 1000g is definitely not happening, people that can throw away money like that would have looked at the rewards beforehand and determined it was a bad investment.

1000g for a very small percentage progression towards legendary armour no thanks

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

The rewards are really crap. Its not even worth paying 10G for Vale Guardian kill….its not an impossible boss either.

The raid should be about having fun – and boy is the combat in these raids a lot of fun. Huge props to Anet for taking advantage of GW2’s diverse combat system with these raids.

Paying for a “raid carry” imo is kinda of missing the point. Furthermore, the likelihood of one screwup destroying the entire run means that even for experienced teams it takes 2-5 tries before success….nobody wants to wait that long.

Finally – at the moment it is virtually impossible to 9 man the 2nd or 3rd bosses. Idk how you could possible sell these.

Pandabro.8743

I know that buyers are dumb as hell but they would never spend 1000g especially since the rewards are once again terrible 100g at most and I imagine unless its a repeated farm for the sellers it would be really inefficient waiting it out, splitting with 9 people sounds really fun. 1000g is definitely not happening, people that can throw away money like that would have looked at the rewards beforehand and determined it was a bad investment.

1000g for a very small percentage progression towards legendary armour no thanks

I’m sure there are some out there that are willing.

There were people in other MMO’s that are willing to pay ridiculous prices to get carried through content there will be some here as well. I’ve no idea exactly how much groups are advertising this for but I’m sure it’s well over 100g. It’s not so much about gold/rewards but rather is it worth it for 9 people to carry one person for 1-2 hours of content. Considering you can make roughly 10g/hour in SW 9 individuals would actually lose money if they charged 100g for a raid carry.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Theres really no point paying for a Vale guardian kill run though, as the whole point of doing raids is to get legendary armor – and for that one must kill every boss since it’s tied to collections.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Good Tofu.9376

Good Tofu.9376

Theres really no point paying for a Vale guardian kill run though, as the whole point of doing raids is to get legendary armor – and for that one must kill every boss since it’s tied to collections.

I might be wrong, but I think each boss drops a plain Legendary Insight (the crafting material needed for legendary armor)….so you technically could just use Vale Guardian but it would take 3x longer.