Raid difficulty/achievements/rewards

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I beg to differ. RANGER is left out. The meta wont allow them and neither will the elitists. They are kicked immediately unless they run druid.

Same goes for warrior not taking tactics or ele not taking air i dont see your point. Its like saying i cant play how i want cause people want me to bring the best spec i can bring, its a teamgame you wont get far with egoism.

Making a minor change in the build is not what I’m talking about here. You obviously aren’t truly understanding what has been put before your eyes. A ranger could be maxed out and ready to do tons of damage but will be kicked unless he runs druid. A warrior doesn’t have to CHANGE his basic concept at all. Same goes for the other classes, they just do what they normally do with a few modifications and the really awesome elite classes that ANeT gave them – which made them vastly more powerful than before. Ranger got healing.

Time to head back to ranger sub mate, you will have more success with an anti-meta-QQ thread there.

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

@blaeys, People have been running double ranger/druid there is nothing thats bad about that also the difference between ranger and warrior is way way way smaller than between warrior and ele

My point is that, yes, some professions will always do more damage than others, but currently, those differences are way too disparate, which leads to exclusionary behavior.

A (arguably, THE) primary component of raiding is “kill fast.” Players proficient at professions that cannot “kill fast” are at a severe disadvantage and, thus, have fewer opportunities to raid. From a raid leader perspective, this means potentially leaving people (friends) out, even if they are really good at playing their profession.

The timers are so generous that no class is left out if played properly. There has been 10 guardian kills 10 necro kills and 10 tempest kills. Yes druid damage isnt high but the buffs they offer are well worth taking more than one also they aren’t forced to be healer, all encounters can be done without a dedicated healer. If you would go by the Kill Fast you would never take anything else than 2 mesmers for VG or 6 staff eles for gorse. People that want to go for the complete 100% optimal teamcomp while not wanting to set a speed record are just lacking mechanical skill to finish the encounter and want to compensate elsewhere.

I beg to differ. RANGER is left out. The meta wont allow them and neither will the elitists. They are kicked immediately unless they run druid.

So are Warriors/Revenants/Elementalists/Necros/Mesmers/Guardians/Thieves. Not being willing to take a traitline which offers various upgrades in what is considered the most difficult content is just silly.

Specifically RANGERS as an entire class. You can’t say the other classes are shunned entirely. Rangers can only join if they run Druid. The other classes don’t have to really change what they actually do – DAMAGE. The ranger MUST change and become a healer only class. Get off your elitist bandwagon and stop mincing words.

I’m telling you again; Rangers do not have to take on a full healer role which does nothing but healing. If your squad demands that of you and can’t survive without you healing them up to 100% all the time then your squad is kitten. Simple as that. We run our Druids as Berserker/Viper and they heal to keep GotL on people up or to get them back to full when someone drops low on HP. Between those heals they deal damage like every other class. They usually don’t even run Staff, nor are they the ones who catch Sabetha’s Flak Shots. 15% bonus damage from GotL is simply nothing to laugh at, it just so happens that those come from healing people; which again, wouldn’t be the fault of the raid, but of the trait.

For the most part I wouldn’t take most classes if they run without their elite specs, just because so much is lost. That being said, I’ll agree that Ranger’s elite spec changes the playstyle more than many others do, yeah. But as I mentioned, it still doesn’t make you a dedicated healer and you should very well be able to combine dps and healing/support into some sort of rotation.

Oh and please stop throwing the term elitist around, it’s silly and not even applicable here.

//Ranger always was about the support. Spotter, Spirits… Those are the reasons you took a ranger, not his super amazing dps. Druid enhances your support further, GotL being one of the best things to be available. Obviously you’ll take it and try to keep the buff up WHILE doing damage; like every other class. Warrior is taken for his offensive utility too, it’s just more passive than Druid is.

I call it elitist because it is. Raids have created an elitist attitude and a LTP resurgence. The “You just want easy content” answer to anyone complaining about content of the raid and what the problems observed in their opinion. So, yes, elitist is a very good term to use.

As for why I chose the ranger is not listed by you – so don’t assume you know why.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

Heibi.4251

Same goes for warrior not taking tactics or ele not taking air i dont see your point. Its like saying i cant play how i want cause people want me to bring the best spec i can bring, its a teamgame you wont get far with egoism.

Making a minor change in the build is not what I’m talking about here. You obviously aren’t truly understanding what has been put before your eyes. A ranger could be maxed out and ready to do tons of damage but will be kicked unless he runs druid. A warrior doesn’t have to CHANGE his basic concept at all. Same goes for the other classes, they just do what they normally do with a few modifications and the really awesome elite classes that ANeT gave them – which made them vastly more powerful than before. Ranger got healing.

Time to head back to ranger sub mate, you will have more success with an anti-meta-QQ thread there.

Standard elitist attitude. Doesn’t want to see a different point of view.

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Hope- and senseless

Pointless and idiotic post with no actual content.

Dude, you don’t even read their assistant posts and just blaming the random groups, that they don’t want to have you as a ranger in their groups.
You have the opportunity to build a squad yourself, you know?
We killed several bosses with “just” a ranger or two. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

bladex.9502

Explain your different point of view to me?
All you’re doing is QQing about ranger being bad and healer only, and how its getting kicked, even tho everybody here is trying to explain to you why you are wrong and how ranger isn’t even in a bad spot.

There is no reason to take a pure healer druid in the current raid content since its simply not challenging enough damage-wise, and the passive damage can be easily outhealed in viper/berserker gear with staff on swap.
All problems you are bringing up are l2p issues, and have nothing to do with other people being elitist, its just you expecting to be carried while contributing kitten all

But yeah, good to see ranger still attracts bad players that like to blame their own issues on other people being “elitist”

Heibi.4251

Hope- and senseless

Dude, you don’t even read their assistant posts and just blaming the random groups, that they don’t want to have you as a ranger in their groups.
We killed several bosses with “just” a ranger or two. You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

From experience, yes I do. It goes all the way back to other aspects of the game where ranger was excluded. Not to mention friends who click to join a group and are kicked immediately.

Heibi.4251

Explain your different point of view to me?
All you’re doing is QQing about ranger being bad and healer only, and how its getting kicked, even tho everybody here is trying to explain to you why you are wrong and how ranger isn’t even in a bad spot.

There is no reason to take a pure healer druid in the current raid content since its simply not challenging enough damage-wise, and the passive damage can be easily outhealed in viper/berserker gear with staff on swap.
All problems you are bringing up are l2p issues, and have nothing to do with other people being elitist, its just you expecting to be carried while contributing kitten all

But yeah, good to see ranger still attracts bad players that like to blame their own issues on other people being “elitist”

Standard answer. No content.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

@blaeys, People have been running double ranger/druid there is nothing thats bad about that also the difference between ranger and warrior is way way way smaller than between warrior and ele

My point is that, yes, some professions will always do more damage than others, but currently, those differences are way too disparate, which leads to exclusionary behavior.

A (arguably, THE) primary component of raiding is “kill fast.” Players proficient at professions that cannot “kill fast” are at a severe disadvantage and, thus, have fewer opportunities to raid. From a raid leader perspective, this means potentially leaving people (friends) out, even if they are really good at playing their profession.

The timers are so generous that no class is left out if played properly. There has been 10 guardian kills 10 necro kills and 10 tempest kills. Yes druid damage isnt high but the buffs they offer are well worth taking more than one also they aren’t forced to be healer, all encounters can be done without a dedicated healer. If you would go by the Kill Fast you would never take anything else than 2 mesmers for VG or 6 staff eles for gorse. People that want to go for the complete 100% optimal teamcomp while not wanting to set a speed record are just lacking mechanical skill to finish the encounter and want to compensate elsewhere.

So are Warriors/Revenants/Elementalists/Necros/Mesmers/Guardians/Thieves. Not being willing to take a traitline which offers various upgrades in what is considered the most difficult content is just silly.

Specifically RANGERS as an entire class. You can’t say the other classes are shunned entirely. Rangers can only join if they run Druid. The other classes don’t have to really change what they actually do – DAMAGE. The ranger MUST change and become a healer only class. Get off your elitist bandwagon and stop mincing words.

I’m telling you again; Rangers do not have to take on a full healer role which does nothing but healing. If your squad demands that of you and can’t survive without you healing them up to 100% all the time then your squad is kitten. Simple as that. We run our Druids as Berserker/Viper and they heal to keep GotL on people up or to get them back to full when someone drops low on HP. Between those heals they deal damage like every other class. They usually don’t even run Staff, nor are they the ones who catch Sabetha’s Flak Shots. 15% bonus damage from GotL is simply nothing to laugh at, it just so happens that those come from healing people; which again, wouldn’t be the fault of the raid, but of the trait.

For the most part I wouldn’t take most classes if they run without their elite specs, just because so much is lost. That being said, I’ll agree that Ranger’s elite spec changes the playstyle more than many others do, yeah. But as I mentioned, it still doesn’t make you a dedicated healer and you should very well be able to combine dps and healing/support into some sort of rotation.

Oh and please stop throwing the term elitist around, it’s silly and not even applicable here.

//Ranger always was about the support. Spotter, Spirits… Those are the reasons you took a ranger, not his super amazing dps. Druid enhances your support further, GotL being one of the best things to be available. Obviously you’ll take it and try to keep the buff up WHILE doing damage; like every other class. Warrior is taken for his offensive utility too, it’s just more passive than Druid is.

I call it elitist because it is. Raids have created an elitist attitude and a LTP resurgence. The “You just want easy content” answer to anyone complaining about content of the raid and what the problems observed in their opinion. So, yes, elitist is a very good term to use.

As for why I chose the ranger is not listed by you – so don’t assume you know why.

And yet here you are, blaming the content for something that, in reality, is caused by people who don’t even know their own kittening class and people you wouldn’t even want to run the content in question with in the first place.

Get a group of friends or a guild which understands that you are not a healbot and stop kittening about pugs with their skewed ideas of what a class should and shouldn’t do.

If your last paragraph is in response to mine; I never said that is why you chose Ranger/Druid, I said that is the role a Ranger/Druid is supposed to take. A class which enhances the rest of the group immensely in various ways.

bladex.9502

Hope- and senseless

From experience, yes I do. It goes all the way back to other aspects of the game where ranger was excluded. Not to mention friends who click to join a group and are kicked immediately.

Ranger was never excluded, the only place where ranger got kicked was in pugs, which as a reminder of their intelligence level, still think AP equals skill.
The reason Ranger got kicked however was because of players like you, who don’t care about playing efficiently, and basically just fill up a spot that could have been filled by someone that actually contributes something.

I used to play ranger a lot in dungeon tours, and there were lots of paths where replacing the thief with a ranger made it a lot faster

Heibi.4251

And yet here you are, blaming the content for something that, in reality, is caused by people who don’t even know their own kittening class and people you wouldn’t even want to run the content in question with in the first place.

Get a group of friends or a guild which understands that you are not a healbot and stop kittening about pugs with their skewed ideas of what a class should and shouldn’t do.

If your last paragraph is in response to mine; I never said that is why you chose Ranger/Druid, I said that is the role a Ranger/Druid is supposed to take. A class which enhances the rest of the group immensely in various ways.

Well, I suppose “Those are the reasons you took a ranger” was not well written then. It looked more directed at me. Your explanation is better here.

On the other note, now that there is a meta and the success rate is such that taking a ranger doesn’t mean success said group of friends would rather not take a ranger anymore.

I blame the content because it has forced a type of play and brought about the attitudes that are on display here in response to my post and any post in opposition to the, I’ll say it again, elitist mindset. Though many of those attitudes have always been around. L2P folks are always lurking around to spout off. Makes them feel better.

The content is challenging and I like a challenge. But it should have been more based on skill than having to have a meta developed to kill a boss quickly. Having a good build is necessary, but the problem is the forced play style instead of skill. If it was based on skill a party with good pve builds could have walked in and done it.

Oh well, I’m sure there will be more L2P posts and you aren’t any good posts.

Enjoy your day.

Heibi.4251

Hope- and senseless

Ranger was never excluded, the only place where ranger got kicked was in pugs, which as a reminder of their intelligence level, still think AP equals skill.
The reason Ranger got kicked however was because of players like you, who don’t care about playing efficiently, and basically just fill up a spot that could have been filled by someone that actually contributes something.

I used to play ranger a lot in dungeon tours, and there were lots of paths where replacing the thief with a ranger made it a lot faster

You don’t know how I play so don’t assign “players like you” to me. I’d be the one soloing the boss because the others were down. I’d be the one getting everyone up. I’d be the one who would help the party. I’m not an all or nothing player. I survive, do lots of damage, and get other players back up. I have a very efficient build that can be used in PVE and WvW without changing it. I run very good food and utilities and lead zergs in WvW at times. So don’t go assigning “Players like you” to me.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Well, I suppose “Those are the reasons you took a ranger” was not well written then. It looked more directed at me. Your explanation is better here.

On the other note, now that there is a meta and the success rate is such that taking a ranger doesn’t mean success said group of friends would rather not take a ranger anymore.

I blame the content because it has forced a type of play and brought about the attitudes that are on display here in response to my post and any post in opposition to the, I’ll say it again, elitist mindset. Though many of those attitudes have always been around. L2P folks are always lurking around to spout off. Makes them feel better.

The content is challenging and I like a challenge. But it should have been more based on skill than having to have a meta developed to kill a boss quickly. Having a good build is necessary, but the problem is the forced play style instead of skill. If it was based on skill a party with good pve builds could have walked in and done it.

Oh well, I’m sure there will be more L2P posts and you aren’t any good posts.

Enjoy your day.

I don’t think I told you that you’re bad/you have to L2P after the first post where I already said that you made it sound differently from what you actually meant.

I don’t see why a group would want to give up on a class with as much group support and % buffs as a Druid either.

Again, the content isn’t forcing a type of play. Pugs try to enforce it because its what they see as path of least resistance, the easiest and fastest way to get through something, even if that’s not the case. There’s tons of group comps that are in a range of “works well enough” to “works amazingly well” which can all clear the raid; groups who can actually do more than copypasting builds posted on metabattle know that and play around with various comps, seeing what’s viable/worthwhile and what is not, if it’s not already obvious before trying it out or just go with what’s efficient while working well for them. If you think this only existed since raids, you might wanna look far back, because this way of thinking exists since forever.
By the way, a meta always exists because there’s always things that are more efficient than others.
And yes, raids are still about skill and having decent builds, I don’t understand why you think its not. Send 10 people in with the best group comp there would be, if they lack skill they’re still going to wipe left and right. At the same time, there’s comps that would be considered complete garbage which got through the raid because they are skilled enough.

Vinceman.4572

The problem is here that so many players have already beaten the first wing that you cannot deny the wing is not a real big challenge.
On the other hand there are so many very bad players that have played GW2 easymode content for the last 3.5 years and have the opinion this wing has to be beaten by them although Anet clearly announced that this won’t be the case.

There is still no existent meta with fixed classes. Go to Youtube and watch dozens of raid boss kills with many different team compositions. Rangers are not excluded, you’ll just have to avoid pugs if you want to be safe.
Another thing I have to mention is, that – I can only speak for EU – there are no lfgs with 0 requirements. That means, you, Heibi.4251, are joining groups with special requirements you don’t bring with you. Ofc I would kick you if you came with a ranger and I wanted a herald or anything else. This is a big issue in GW2. Players don’t read lfgs properly or they just ignore the requirements. This behaviour is what I call asocial. Maybe you aren’t such a player but I highly doubt it because I never see any lfgs without proper requirements in terms of raids.

But it should have been more based on skill than having to have a meta developed to kill a boss quickly. Having a good build is necessary, but the problem is the forced play style instead of skill. If it was based on skill a party with good pve builds could have walked in and done it.

The raid is based on skill. Having a build and a gear that are not forgiving is forcing the players to bring their best, their A+-game in a perfectly developed environment. The more tankier you can actually play the easier it gets. We don’t want that for raids too, we already have that for the vast majority of GW2 contant.
Actually we should be sad about so many weekly wing clears by the community because it definitely shows this raid is a lil bit too easy.

You don’t know how I play so don’t assign “players like you” to me. I’d be the one soloing the boss because the others were down. I’d be the one getting everyone up. I’d be the one who would help the party. I’m not an all or nothing player. I survive, do lots of damage, and get other players back up. I have a very efficient build that can be used in PVE and WvW without changing it. I run very good food and utilities and lead zergs in WvW at times. So don’t go assigning “Players like you” to me.

Sry, I can’t get this picture of a bearbow ranger out of my head that is soloing mentioned encounters after pushing mobs out of melee range or luring bosses by their pet to wipe the own group and being last man standing calling out: “Why are you blaming me, you all died.” Because this is what the majority of rangers has been out there for a long time…and still is like I could experience the last weeks in my dungeon tours.

(edited by Vinceman.4572)

Posted by: Raizen.7981

Raizen.7981

Sry, I can’t get this picture of a bearbow ranger out of my head that is soloing mentioned encounters after pushing mobs out of melee range or luring bosses by their pet to wipe the own group and being last man standing calling out: “Why are you blaming me, you all died.”

Hahahahaha kittening hell that was my Arah 15 minutes ago
10/10 made my day

Posted by: Neox.3497

Neox.3497

One main reason why Pubs (LFGs) don’t take any players with professions and builds that aren’t “meta” is that we don’t have any kind of information of how well a player performs…. aka there is no DAMAGE METER.

Heck even if the player pings his gear and “seems” to do his job right, there is no way to know how well he is actually doing it. Is he doing 100%, 70% or 40% of the possible damage with his profession/build?

Yes some Pugs would probably kick players with bad DPS. However this would allow everyone to improve and to see if they are “the problem” instead of wasting the time of 10 players without a progress.

Also players who have a different build would be able to prove that they still can do good damage. Probably not as much as the perfect players with a meta build but maybe more than a bad player with a meta build.

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

Please, druid does so much more than just heal. You have great group DPS support, both a viable power AND condi build and are desired in every raid group. Oh yes, QQ on about having to sporadically burst heal between dps rotations.

Heibi.4251

Sry, I can’t get this picture of a bearbow ranger out of my head that is soloing mentioned encounters after pushing mobs out of melee range or luring bosses by their pet to wipe the own group and being last man standing calling out: “Why are you blaming me, you all died.” Because this is what the majority of rangers has been out there for a long time…and still is like I could experience the last weeks in my dungeon tours.

As usual the standard L2P response of peeps who don’t know what people use or how they play. Sorry to disappoint you but I never use a bear. And my build is one you obviously wouldn’t understand since I’ve nurtured and tuned it since the beginning of GW2. What I stated is true. Ascalonian dungeon for example: Everyone was dead on the spider because they assumed that it wouldn’t target them in the old spot. I moved when it was obvious that we were targeted there. Others moved too and continued to fight, but eventually they all went down. I soloed the spider boss using my Reef Drake and other pet, a fire drake I think and watched as in party messages mentioned what I was doing. They were surprised. I met a bearbow ranger in WvW about a year ago and thought what you were thinking. That ranger had no idea how to play a ranger. I meet zerker rangers in WvW and laugh after they shoot me – then destroy them. I’ve met good rangers in WvW and have good fights with them. I can tell when they have a good build and know how to use it. I main a ranger and have since GW2 betas.

You apparently haven’t encountered very good rangers. I feel sorry for my favorite class. But if you all die in a dungeon, you must not be very good. Just saying.

Vinceman.4572

As usual the standard L2P response of peeps who don’t know what people use or how they play. Sorry to disappoint you but I never use a bear. And my build is one you obviously wouldn’t understand since I’ve nurtured and tuned it since the beginning of GW2. What I stated is true. Ascalonian dungeon for example: Everyone was dead on the spider because they assumed that it wouldn’t target them in the old spot. I moved when it was obvious that we were targeted there. Others moved too and continued to fight, but eventually they all went down. I soloed the spider boss using my Reef Drake and other pet, a fire drake I think and watched as in party messages mentioned what I was doing. They were surprised. I met a bearbow ranger in WvW about a year ago and thought what you were thinking. That ranger had no idea how to play a ranger. I meet zerker rangers in WvW and laugh after they shoot me – then destroy them. I’ve met good rangers in WvW and have good fights with them. I can tell when they have a good build and know how to use it. I main a ranger and have since GW2 betas.

You apparently haven’t encountered very good rangers. I feel sorry for my favorite class. But if you all die in a dungeon, you must not be very good. Just saying.

I have met many good rangers otherwise I wouldn’t have been successful in raids with them and asked them to join my group!
And you take AC as example for soloing bosses? Sry to tell you, but this is the one of the easiest dungeons even long before HoT. By the way, you can almost afk-kill the spider without using an exploit or safe spot since years. You beating the spider solo in a 5 man group isn’t a sign of quality it’s rather a hint that the other players are worse than terrible what is nothing special in GW2. I repeat myself, a majority of players is very very bad and it doesn’t mean you’ll be good if you are better than these species.
And I add this with a smile: Even good players die there because they are bored as hell and don’t pay attention. I confess, happened to me too.
Just to inform you, several players that have answered you now are able to solo complete dungeon pathes and cleared the raid. We have no problems to beat the content, you were the one beefing around instead of searching for solutions a.k.a. playing with guild members, playing with friends, forming an own group, playing druid, playing a completely different class.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

So the entire thread got derailed by a single person….

Anyway hopefully there’s a response to the question about alternative methods of acquisition for the new stat combo’s and ascended jewelry.

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

I hate to do this, but I do want to bring up one more topic related to the numerous posts above. But, unlike some of the other posts, I’m not trying to point any fingers, call anyone bad/good, just simply an observation.

I’d like to first point out that I am not in a “hardcore raiding” guild, but my guild has cleared Sabetha 5-10 times (still no eternal 1 death many times).

To me, it sounds like you don’t have an issue with raids. You have an issue with playing raids as a ranger, which to me is a strange concept.

I’m sure that all of the experienced raiders on this thread will agree that being a good raider is much more than being a good player. It is also being a flexible player. Being in a raid group is much like being in a team sport. The success of the team is the only thing that matters. Personal “success” doesn’t exist in raiding.

So, I’m going to make a few assumptions about you as a player, but I think they are fair ones. You said that you’ve been around since launch. I think it is a fair assumption to say that you have multiple level 80 classes. If not, than you probably have enough tomes to get a level 80 very quickly. I think it is also safe to assume that you have enough laurels/other currency to get ascended trinkets for a new class very quickly.

Is there a reason why you haven’t tried many different classes/roles in the raid? I started as a PS warrior because that is what my team needed me to do, but in order to improve my “skill” as a raider, I leveled up an ele, thief, mesmer, and revenant. Thankfully, if you have those account wide currencies, it is pretty easy to gear a class for raiding. Ascended armor isn’t required and there are many other discussion on that so I’ll spare you another.

Maybe you have, maybe you haven’t. But either way, being adamant about playing one particular class in a raid, probably means they aren’t for you. Not because you can’t play them, or because you are good or bad. You could be the best ranger in the entire world, but they still may not be for you. The reason is because they are about the 9 other people in your party. They may already have 1-2 druids/rangers (as many stated above…this DOES happen). So, what do you do? Do you want to raid? Or do you want to raid as a ranger? Again, not accusing of anything here just something to think about.

To your point about Druid. Druid is not a healer. Druid is an elite specialization. That being said it does have good healing capabilities. But the real reason you take a Druid into a raid is due to the team support they give with spotter, glyphs, and grace of the land. Granted some of those are tied to healing, but that doesn’t mean you are a dedicated healer. Honestly, when I play fresh air tempest, I would consider myself an “off healer” because i end up using wash the pain away and feel the burn when others around me are low on health, not myself. I’m also doing very high DPS as we all know fresh air is OP right now

Druid the specialization being required as a build is NO different than a Mesmer being a Chronomancer, a thief being a daredevil, a warrior being berserker AND Tactics for PS, etc.

Hopefully this was helpful for some folks. Good luck, and I hope you do find a good group of people to raid with! Raids have been the most fun I’ve personally had in GW2.

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

If you had a group of friends or formed friendships with people that do raids, this wouldn’t be a problem. In a group that really knows what they are doing, I’m sure a vanilla ranger wouldn’t be an issue. But your responses here indicate your personality is a bit abrasive. So in a MMO you are going to have problem like this if you can’t get along with people. My suggestion is try out other classes, find a guild or group of friends interested in raiding. You don’t even have to be good when starting out. My suggestion to try other classes or even Druid itself is because, yes you will have a hard time proving to people vanilla ranger is worth taking. But if you develop some trust with a group of people in sure they would give it a chance. The key is developing that trust first.

Posted by: Deavild.8530

Deavild.8530

Sooo, i’m french, sorry for my bad english.
Raids don’t be more easier ? It will stay “hard” and not accessible for player like me ?

Nothing like a second game mode in it ? For example : “Baby mode” (for players like me with rewards of normal dungeons(but in raids) and “Normal mode (actually raid)” ?

So bad, i will never play in this game mode never…

Posted by: The Ice Mage.4879

The Ice Mage.4879

@Crystal Reid, you mentioned bug fixes and changes to address dupe reward issues coming but I have another question: Will there be a way to turn Ghostly Infusions into +7s so that they would be able to fit into fractal gear sets put together for max AR and whatnot? I mean I know that if someone had 150 AR and they swapped a +7 for a ghostly, being 2 AR short probably wouldn’t be a huge issue for if/when they did Fractal100, but still it’d be nice to know if you guys plan to make this upgradable.

Sooo, i’m french, sorry for my bad english.
Raids don’t be more easier ? It will stay “hard” and not accessible for player like me ?

Nothing like a second game mode in it ? For example : “Baby mode” (for players like me with rewards of normal dungeons(but in raids) and “Normal mode (actually raid)” ?

So bad, i will never play in this game mode never…

Well, that kinda depends on what “player like me” means to an extent I guess. But really, maybe you should look into ways to better yourself as a player (be it gear or your actual skill level) and find welcoming nontoxic people to help you out. People have posted on reddit very recently about being willing to help people (even if they have no exp. at raiding) to kill Vale Guardian, and even the other 2 bosses if it’s what people want at the time, as long as you are willing to listen and learn and aren’t ragey about it, etc. This is the reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/46g0ii/do_you_need_help_to_kill_the_vale_guardian/

The OP there is offering to help people on EU and if you look for “softblackcarbon” in the comments, they and their guild are offering the same kind of opportunity on NA.

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

It comes down to whether you are a team player or not. You will play whatever your team needs to succeed if you truly care about that.
If you aren’t a team player and instead only want to play your favorite class and build then either give up on raids or make friends with people who then won’t mind taking you along for the ride if you are a good player.
We used to have a daredevil before they got the damage buff and did perfectly fine. He still could have done a bit more than that by playing something else. There is no need to kid yourself.

(edited by Henry.5713)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

In the concept of the meta and standardized comps that person would normally be kicked. But if he usually runs with friends it doesn’t matter.

The ranger is expected by the vast majority to switch to Druid only – which means healer spec.

Raids are by and away the most gear and class diverse PvE environment in-game, with literally every class right now being functional in some fashion. Since you don’t want to accept that, all I’ll say is good luck finding people to raid with who will accept you playing how you want.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Ultimately, the last page or so of arguments boils down to organized guilds/groups vs pug.

In a group or guild run I know the individual players and their individual playstyles. I know whether they’re an exceptional player or someone who just picked up the game a couple weeks ago. That being said, I would be completely okay with said guildie bringing along a “sub-optimal” build to the encounter. Why? Because what his build offers pales in comparison to the level of skill the player himself offers as far as being able to meet the encounter’s mechanics.

In a PUG environment? I lean towards the meta. Why? I’m just trying to cover my bases. E.G. Healer Thief is going raise an eyebrow through the roof. When taking on a pug I don’t know the players skill so I gotta rely on more tangible criteria such as his class/build and his gear. Afterwards, it’s trial by fire to see if he’s as good as he says to be.

In the case of a Healer Druid being mandatory? Well, that’s the case in pugs since that’s what a grand majority of player have seen in successful runs. Just like everywhere else, pug’s are gonna play copypasta and run with it rather than challenge the composition to build something better. Personally, I’ve done successful runs with Condi Druids. Heck, I’ve even had Herald/Tempest Healers.

I’d have to agree that Raids offer some of the best flexibility in composition but with the heavy gotcha of only in organized groups. Otherwise pug’s are just gonna roll with the builds/compostitions “of the week”. In which case, Druid have been stapled into the Healer role. Though, that’s not at all the fault of the content but rather the players that aren’t willing to invest time to research what can work or not.

Rising Dusk.2408

Even the pugmeta has great diversity.

• Revenant
  • Warrior
  • Ranger
  • Mesmer
  • Elementalist
  • Thief
  • Engineer
  • Necromancer

Guardian is accepted by some pugs, though many are still hesitant. I see it more frequently being taken for Sabetha, unsurprisingly. Outside of that, though, I see literally every other class get used in pugs. Naturally, the “meta builds” are what people expect with those classes, but…. That’s how it will always be in any online game like this. People want to minimize risk, and removing the “play how I want” builds from the equation helps a lot with that.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Even the pugmeta has great diversity.

• Revenant
  • Warrior
  • Ranger
  • Mesmer
  • Elementalist
  • Thief
  • Engineer
  • Necromancer

Guardian is accepted by some pugs, though many are still hesitant. I see it more frequently being taken for Sabetha, unsurprisingly. Outside of that, though, I see literally every other class get used in pugs. Naturally, the “meta builds” are what people expect with those classes, but…. That’s how it will always be in any online game like this. People want to minimize risk, and removing the “play how I want” builds from the equation helps a lot with that.

Wow do pugs really not accept guardians, that is ridiculous lol. Guardians are stupid good against VG and sabetha, and have some utility against gorseval as well. I mean their DPS is a bit lower then ele/thief, but they also give way better CC, free protection, group healing, and great seeker control in VG, and their DPS isn’t even that much worse. On top of that they are much easier to execute well. In terms of what classes are actually useful in raids (and not just going by pug meta), necro is probably the least useful overall. Necro can be pretty insane against sabetha though, so it isn’t like they are worthless.

However, you can say that you “see literally every class get used in pugs”, but this can’t be true if you count elite specs as separate from their base classes. There is probably some merit to the argument that the elite specs hurt build diversity a lot, since a lot of classes already had 2 “mandatory” trait lines and now the elite specs make it hard to justify swapping out of any traitline for any reason on a lot of classes (obviously discounting making a major change like swapping between healer/DPS on tempest, though you would still bring tempest no matter what).

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Rewards – I’m hoping this improves with future releases, but so far the rewards for doing raids haven’t been that great.

Dropped from gorseval today.

Attachments:

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Other than that, we’re making improvements to show ascended gear is awarded. You’ll have a lot more choice instead of getting something you can’t use.

Regarding this; will we be able to exchange ascended pieces of gear dropped from inside the raids against identical pieces with other stat choices? i.e. for example exchanging a defender amulet against a malicious amulet or will we still have to do deal with it? I’d assume we’re just out of luck and nothing along those lines is planned, but I got a defender crucible today and I’d like to know if I can safely trash it or if I should hold on to it because I will be able to get some sort of use out of it.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I’d assume she means all stats will be available, rather than 1/4.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

That would bring up the question if this will retroactively affect ascended gear from raids and/or if we will be able to trade in old versions for new ones.

savacli.8172

That would bring up the question if this will retroactively affect ascended gear from raids and/or if we will be able to trade in old versions for new ones.

For future drops that be phenomenal. Though that’s gonna suck for those that already mystic toileted their weapons/armors for stats they wanted….sigh, woe is me.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I was just invited by a friend into an experienced squad. We killed VG with no deaths and around 3 minutes to spare. On the first try. LOL…. it felt like mosman before that, they did sabetha 8-man…. If only I could find so good people on LFG… but then I guess it wouldn’t feel so epic to beat it.

(edited by Mortifer.2946)

savacli.8172

I was just invited by a friend into an experienced squad. We killed VG with no deaths and around 3 minutes to spare. On the first try. LOL…. it felt like mosman before that, they did sabetha 8-man…. If only I could find so good people on LFG… but then I guess it wouldn’t feel so epic to beat it.

Congrats on the carry?

Re: The rewards. Anyone else have a streak of exotics going on for them right now? For the past 3 weeks (9 kills), I’ve only been getting rares/exotics along with loot bags. On top of that the groups I’ve been in usually average about 3-4 Asecended/Unique drops per kill, but now we’re barely getting 1 or 2. Dry streak of RNG?

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Well not really… I was in ascended and full DPS hammer guardian and I actually saved some guy from dying, so I don’t feel like I was carried but it is true they would normally just do it in 9-man.

Concerning the rewards, so far I got only 1 exotic out of it.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Re: The rewards. Anyone else have a streak of exotics going on for them right now? For the past 3 weeks (9 kills), I’ve only been getting rares/exotics along with loot bags. On top of that the groups I’ve been in usually average about 3-4 Asecended/Unique drops per kill, but now we’re barely getting 1 or 2. Dry streak of RNG?

Ya. For like 3 weeks I only got like rare and exotic. Then last week I got 2 ascended weapons with a unique skin and the last mini I ddn’t had in one night. RNG is RNG.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Well, congrats to u all. For the last 13 weeks, I only got 1 ascended chest armor (Sabetha) and 2 unique accessory (Gorseval). And I cleared the wing every week on two accounts, and occasionally on my EU account. I still don’t think the reward is bad (denial stage) since my group gets nice loot every time. I’m just not the right person favored by RNG – woe is me.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Rising Dusk.2408

I still don’t think the reward is bad (denial stage) since my group gets nice loot every time. I’m just not the right person favored by RNG – woe is me.

I agree with this that it’s not too bad, but I do still think the “rare + exotic” loot should be “exotic + exotic” instead. At least that way you have a good chance of picking up some nice sigils/runes and making an extra 2-6g in addition to the boss gold reward.

I also stand firmly behind the notion that every boss for every raid wing should always reward 4g. The idea that Spirit Vale’s boss gold rewards will be cut in half when the second wing launches is insanity; the rewards will be painfully bad for the time investment then.

savacli.8172

I also stand firmly behind the notion that every boss for every raid wing should always reward 4g. The idea that Spirit Vale’s boss gold rewards will be cut in half when the second wing launches is insanity; the rewards will be painfully bad for the time investment then.

I can’t imagine people are going to raids for the gold. It’s a nice little top off, but there’s much easier and faster ways to get gold if that’s what we’re truly after. I would argue that we’re in it for the unique rewards (trinkets, minis, skins, etc) and, in the long rung, we’re getting what we need for our Legendary Armors.

Tbh, had I not seen you mention the boss gold being cut in half I probably wouldn’t have ever noticed.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

I can’t imagine people are going to raids for the gold. It’s a nice little top off, but there’s much easier and faster ways to get gold if that’s what we’re truly after. I would argue that we’re in it for the unique rewards (trinkets, minis, skins, etc) and, in the long rung, we’re getting what we need for our Legendary Armors.

Tbh, had I not seen you mention the boss gold being cut in half I probably wouldn’t have ever noticed.

Maybe, but on the long term you would have notice. I mean, raid are still pretty new for a lot of people, so the main motivation are to play the content and getting better at it. I had the same view on fractal when they first appear in the game. But as time pass, we all went through the new content and mastered it. It’s at that moment that the community started to complain a lot about the bad reward fractal was giving us. The same thing will happen with raid if they stay the course.

The RNG reward value will drop over time as we get double and triple of the same skin, same mini, etc. The gold reward will be cut in half and the price of the Ghostly infusion will drop over time. Raid will probably stay fun for me for a long time, but as time pass, less and less players will stop playing them if the reward isn’t there.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

savacli.8172

Maybe, but on the long term you would have notice. I mean, raid are still pretty new for a lot of people, so the main motivation are to play the content and getting better at it. I had the same view on fractal when they first appear in the game. But as time pass, we all went through the new content and mastered it. It’s at that moment that the community started to complain a lot about the bad reward fractal was giving us. The same thing will happen with raid if they stay the course.

The RNG reward value will drop over time as we get double and triple of the same skin, same mini, etc. The gold reward will be cut in half and the price of the Ghostly infusion will drop over time. Raid will probably stay fun for me for a long time, but as time pass, less and less players will stop playing them if the reward isn’t there.

I’m already in that mindset. Players used to go to Dungeons for the gold. Now, very very few players participate in the content. The few of us that need tokens from there are scraping at the bottom of the barrel to put together a team. You’re either going through dungeons because you need to (tokens) or because you like the content

For me, raids are in the “I need to” category because of the legendary armors locked behind the content. Once I get what I need from raids I’ll probably never set foot in there again unless they up the liquid rewards. If they do, great; I’ll continue playing them since I get gold there faster than elsewhere. Otherwise, I’ll just stick to what the featured instance is to make gold (which currently is fractals).

That’s just my 2 copper. If other players are currently playing raids for the challenge/content of it, more power to them that they’re enjoying it. But as it stands for me, the rewards are pretty trash but at least we’ll soon be able to make better use of our shards whenever the second wing hits since we’ll be able to buy the “raid trinkets”