Raid teaching runs: Proving accessibility

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: randomguy.1283

randomguy.1283

All I ask is you have appropriate gear and a willingness to learn. If you want to join some raid teaching runs, post down below or message/mail me in game: randomguy.1283

I also made a no rep guild to help me organize people, I will not require people to join it to run with us (I know some people have 5 guilds already), but it really helps me out.
Appropriate gear generally will mean at least exotics with ascended trinkets (ascended weapons are nice but I won’t force them), and meta builds. (Btw both druid and chrono builds are outdated on metabattle)

This will be on NA servers.

Will do runs mostly on weekends, sometimes on weekdays, send me a whisper or a mail in game.

(edited by randomguy.1283)

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Our guild runs teaching runs as well. Everyone is welcome. We will even buy them the right exotic gear. Interest has been remarkably low. We did get a couple people VG kills who thought they would never be able to.

Thought I am sure these are not the type of people that are complaining the raid is too hard. They just do not have the interest.

randomguy.1283

Yes, there is another reason I am making this post, if nobody replies, it proves that either 1. There are very very few people who actually even want an easy mode raid. Or 2. The people who want the easy mode raid only want it because they are too lazy to even give actual raids a try even when someone is trying to give them help.

Please, if you really are a person who thinks that raids are too difficult for them, join me, let me help you beat this raid to prove that they really are easy and accessible to all.

Posted by: Jomika.2310

Jomika.2310

I’m intrested. Not to be carried tho but I want to get better.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I can’t log in right now, but if you’re around 11pm est I’ll give it a shot.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

randomguy.1283

That would be a perfect time for me.

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

Honestly, I would have loved to. It’s been about 2 months since I played last, I burnt out on crafting HOPE. I was never able to get past Gorseval mainly because I was never able to find a group.

Unfortunately, I don’t have much time for GW2 at all now. Just posting to show, that even though I can’t play, I appreciate your effort for the community. It helps pull the community together since challenging content can usually result in elitism that tends to pull it apart.

Ohoni.6057

Ok, let me know which character would be best to bring. I have all the classes, I’d probably be in best shape with my Reaper, Tempest, or Thief, but if another class is needed I could make it work.

done by now.”

randomguy.1283

I will assume you mean 11pm EDT given we just had a time change, I’ll make that the time for the first run.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

I would like to be part of this – mainly run Mesmer but can probably do Tempest as well.

Edit: Unfortunately I couldn’t make it due to work issues qq, but if you plan on doing more of these I’d definitely like to participate (or perhaps even get a guild invite?)

(edited by Day Trooper.3605)

Posted by: Dyroth.5063

Dyroth.5063

Just saw this. Your next run through I’m totally in to learn more.

Posted by: Name.9128

Name.9128

I’m up for learning both wings. I’ve attempted Slothasor on an unoptimized reaper and it doesn’t seem too hard, just need the right team. Currently working on the gear for my toon and I’d like to run with you guys. If you guys have a guild I’d like to join as well.

-Skydis

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

Genuinely curious, how did this go ?

Did they players show, did they stick around through failures (if any happened), and did they show actual desire to improve and complete the content ?

Was it done all in text for teaching or was it over voice coms etc… ?

randomguy.1283

Well we just killed gorseval so, I’d say it’s going pretty well.

And yes we have voice coms.

Ohoni.6057

Well, I was there, I stuck around for three hours, and by that point we’d gotten as far as the black orbs phase once or twice. A few people swapped out over that time. I’m not sure if they kept going after I left, but the party was down to like 5-6 so they might have called it a night. We did have TS, and I believe we had a good idea of what we were meant to do, the problem was in getting everything running smoothly.

We apparently didn’t have enough DPS, and I take my fair share in that one as my gearing was only “mostly right,” but I think within a few tries I at least had my skill rotation down (I was running DPS Ele so it wasn’t that complicated). At least one or two fails were definitely my fault, my controls got screwed up during one glide so I couldn’t turn back around, and I ended up downed early in a few of them, although not necessarily the first down.

I mean, it was about what I was used to out of raiding, but that’s exactly the sort of experience I’d like to avoid by having an easier mode where the little mistakes and DPS checks would be less of a problem.

done by now.”

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

For me the best shot at being able to attend is probably weekend nights (after 11:30 pm est). And so if you do it then and need a body then plz let me know.

Posted by: SnakeIntheboX.5431

SnakeIntheboX.5431

First I would like to commend you op on your willingness to help others learn what can seem like daunting inaccessible content. A laid back teaching squad is the only shot i have of getting into the 2 raid wings.

I have full zerk ascendant Heavy and Medium armors with every class in the game at 80. The weekend is the best time for me to raid, i also have a friend in a similar position experience wise that would love to learn the raid.

Please send me a friend request/guild invite on this account. Also are there any recommended “learn your role” video’s on youtube? Or would you rather teach from scratch?

p.s Have TS3 mic etc.

Posted by: Death.9268

Death.9268

Would love to join you guys, but I’m from the EU. So NA server time won’t work for me..

Posted by: Skyline.3480

Skyline.3480

I would like to join as well. I have 3 level 80s but only my guard has full ascended gear and the elite spec unlocked.

Posted by: Xevv.9175

Xevv.9175

I’ve got full ascended on my warrior. I did vg to the transition the day it came out and that was it.

Wouldn’t mind getting a kill just so my ocd can stop bothering me about the mastery number.

Can spec ps and drop banners and all that if someone wants to take me along. I would really appreciate it.

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Is there also a EU version of this? Or teaching guilds maybe?

I’m a healing druid, comfortable with vg and gors, but would like to learn sabetha before looking at wing 2.

If any EU guild or people would like to be of any help, would be great!

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

I would like EU version too. I got full asc tempest/thief on my main.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

This sounds like a great initiative. I encourage guilds who have the expertise and interest to expand the offer to include people from around the world. Not only are you helping players get into great new content, you have the chance to make a bunch of new friends and potential guild members, too!

Thanks to those of you who have stepped up. I hope this grows into a major project with lots of participants of all skill levels!

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

I went to one of these raids a few days ago. 7 people that had never killed Gorseval (some of which who never stepped foot in the raid before) were grouped with 3 experienced players, and we managed to kill Gorseval. Pretty cool stuff.

Posted by: eldrin.6471

eldrin.6471

If anet relay wants to encourage this sort of thing why not offer in game incentives?

Posted by: Lupini.6938

Lupini.6938

I’m interested, central time zone. I play a mesmer/chronomancer, who is currently in ascended berzerker with a couple pieces of commander thrown in, and in the +80% range for boon duration with food and wrench. From what I hear, I’m not geared to tank, but from all the video’s and guides, it looks like I’m a green spot runner/buffer/blue boss team type person for Vale Guardian. Haven’t pushed to learn much past that since I haven’t been getting much of anywhere with LFG.

(edited by Lupini.6938)

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

Great initiative. <3

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

I’m interested as well and could bring a druid, a chronomancer, or an engi/scrapper. Could you post a link to the build/gear metas you think are optimal, if they other than those on metabattle?

Posted by: Eirian Direstorm.9748

Eirian Direstorm.9748

Oh, and is this every night?

randomguy.1283

I think the only build I differ from metabattle on is the 100% boon duration chronomancer where you have exotic commanders trinkets so that you can add platinum dubloons to them.

randomguy.1283

We run just whenever I feel like it atm, maybe at some point I’ll add a real schedule but idk if I can commit myself to that.

Posted by: Fjaeldmark.9043

Fjaeldmark.9043

If anet relay wants to encourage this sort of thing why not offer in game incentives?

Because if people get rewards for it they will just do it for the rewards and not to help people. Do you really want someone’s first raid experience to be with a bunch of people who don’t really want them there?

Posted by: RunicAura.9860

RunicAura.9860

Would love to get the chance to run the raids my guild tuns at times i can not if anyone is running tuesday during the day 8am to 4pm cst please drop me a message
Edited to add
Also looking for a PVE raid fractal dungeon guild operating in cst zone play online times generaly 6pm to 9 pm cst and almost allday on days off which changes from time to time

(edited by RunicAura.9860)

Posted by: Adamo.4201

Adamo.4201

I’m also interested, I’ve been looking for a place to get some training so I can get started and get some experience for raid groups.

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

I’m interested in helping new players learn the raid mechanics too, if you all ever need another player to fill a group let me know.

Posted by: Iniak.9815

Iniak.9815

I have raided at high levels in WoW. My gaming life became far more casual with the birth of my son, now a 3 year old tornado. I haven’t raided at all in gw2 yet because I never liked to just pug and hope to fall into a good raiding group. I would love to get into the raids with a solid raid leader.

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

We run a similar event in our guild weekly to get new members in raids, and practice on alt classes. Its been tremendously successful, we normally get at least 4 raids going at once, and I think it’s helped us build a rock solid roster of players . I encourage other guilds to do similar events, I hear a lot of stories from other guilds that only have their “main” raid group and everyone else just gets left out in the cold.

It’s a great way to form new raid groups too.

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: JuneBug.5972

JuneBug.5972

Any raids during SEA +8GMT?

Posted by: godsie.2864

godsie.2864

I assume that eu players can’t team up for this – otherwise I would be very interested

RunicAura.9860

So are there any guilds scheduling teaching runs? I mean it’s all good to post that your doing them but doesn’t help if people don’t know when. Or did I miss that in one of the posts.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

So are there any guilds scheduling teaching runs? I mean it’s all good to post that your doing them but doesn’t help if people don’t know when. Or did I miss that in one of the posts.

They (the OP) already did them, and already stated they likely wont keep to a regular schedule.

RunicAura.9860

They (the OP) already did them, and already stated they likely wont keep to a regular schedule.

Oh I must have misunderstood that there was others that stated they did teaching runs.

Posted by: grimster.4503

grimster.4503

Hey guys, i read this post and i would love to join, the only really problem with me is the times, i am on NA and i would love to learn raids but my only problem is that I live in Australia so my times are messed up compared to others, i can play anywhere from 7pm-1am GMT+11 time. So anyone who is willing to accept me please send me mail in game.

Thanks again guys for the awesome thread

Posted by: Decaying Seart.6793

Decaying Seart.6793

Hi….I just saw this and would love to join. Should I contact you in the game? Wanna practice to be a sweet tank. (>_<)

Decaying………..heart………………

randomguy.1283

I assume that eu players can’t team up for this – otherwise I would be very interested

I don’t think I can really do much to help EU players unfortunately

Posted by: Ertrak.9506

Ertrak.9506

Well i defintely want in on this…but i cant really play till next week cuz college stuff. Hopefully youre still doing this then. I run tempest but i can run chrono utility/DPS if need be (transferring armour and stuffs over to it)

Posted by: Mooncutter.2907

Mooncutter.2907

I would love to get into a successful raid run. At this point, after months of failed raid attempts, I’ve only even managed one kill of the Vale Guardian. My regular group makes a weekly 3 hour attempt but we are still struggling to bring it all together to take the raid boss down. My main problems are finding the time to commit to a raid, and finding a group willing to take on a guardian with such a low success rate.

If anyone raiding could use an extra, send me a PM. If I’m free and have the time to put into it I’d be happy to join up! I’m on NA, and I’ve got full ascended gear for tanking, melee dps and burning condi for my guardian/dragonhunter.

If only all my problems could be solved in flashy, climactic battles.

Posted by: Illuzion.3576

Illuzion.3576

I would really love to have the first raid experience too. Have not stepped in raid yet. Hopr to get some lessons <3

Posted by: Deximus.8640

Deximus.8640

I just want to throw my name down here as an interested raider. I have a fully ascended PS Warrior and I have the mechanics of VG down pretty well (I have 3 kills). I’ve put in several hours on Gorseval and I’ve yet to get a kill so definitely looking to practice that even more. I’ve put about an hour into Sabetha and I’m still pretty terrible at that. I also have a Viper Reaper that’s not quite meta (Full viper armor and weapons, but I only have 2 ascended sinister trinkets and 1 ascended viper trinket, the rest are exotic rampagers). Looking to practice with that toon on anything.

Posted by: Ging.6485

Ging.6485

I just want to throw my name down here as an interested raider. I have a fully ascended PS Warrior and I have the mechanics of VG down pretty well (I have 3 kills). I’ve put in several hours on Gorseval and I’ve yet to get a kill so definitely looking to practice that even more. I’ve put about an hour into Sabetha and I’m still pretty terrible at that. I also have a Viper Reaper that’s not quite meta (Full viper armor and weapons, but I only have 2 ascended sinister trinkets and 1 ascended viper trinket, the rest are exotic rampagers). Looking to practice with that toon on anything.

You can get a full set of sinister trinkets (except the back) from doing the Living Story achievements. I think it took me about a day or two to solo them all.