This thread is not for discussing issues with new or existing content. Please start a new thread if you wish to discuss such things. Also, keep things civil. Nastiness, snark, and outright hate can go somewhere else — keep this thread free of it.
It’s no secret that there is a lot of bad blood between fans of instanced PvE and the development team at this point in GW2’s lifetime.
But with Raids on the way, perhaps this would be a good time to turn over a new leaf, wipe the slate clean, and try to repair relations between the players and the devs.
Let’s take a step forward, away from the dark past of dungeons and into the bright future of raids, and try to build a sense of comradery between the two camps. After all, we all want the same thing: A healthy, cooperative atmosphere that leads to the development of excellent, exciting, challenging, and fun instanced PvE encounters.
I believe that it will take a lot of time and effort to get dev/player relations to a healthy place, but we need to start somewhere! I think it would be a great start to put a human face on the Raid developers.
So towards that end, any ArenaNet employee who has been working on (or testing, or even just having fun playing!) the upcoming raid content is encouraged to post here and introduce yourself. Help us get to know you, and let us see your passion!
Some topic ideas:
- What’s your name?
- What do you do at ArenaNet? (Descriptions of the work you do are preferred over just a job title!)
- What has been your involvement with Raids?
- What feature of Raids are you most excited about? (Obviously just the bits you’re authorized to talk about!)
- What’s a funny story about something that’s happened to you or your party while play-testing Raids? (Obviously no spoilers! )
- What was your favorite encounter from the existing dungeon/fotm content? Why?
- Anything else you feel like sharing!
I’d love to get to know you all, and work to get rid of this “us vs. them” mentality that’s solidified in this community over the years. We understand that there isn’t a whole lot that you guys are allowed to talk about, but some friendly banter can go a long way towards building a brighter future (for all of us!) :-)