Raids discussion

Raids discussion

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Thief/engie: smoke fields, heavy CC (could be extremely important to be able to melt breakbars quickly), blast finishers on demand.

Engi: Smoke fields, fire fields, blasts, cripple, immobilise, water field, heals, condition cleanse, blinds, projectile blocks, stuns/pulls/daze/knockbacks/defiance strip, phat DPS with power and condition builds.

Now that Engi DPS is better than thief I doubt there’ll be much point in taking a thief unless SR or blink trickery is really necessary

Raids discussion

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Let’s be real if a necro was “very effective” in a raid, I can’t see it being hard. It seems like as long as you know the mechanics you will do fine.
Also I probably wouldn’t want any thieves/ele if there are mechanics in the raid where you can get 1shotted easily.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

(edited by EcoRI.9273)

Raids discussion

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Let’s be real if a necro was “very effective” in a raid, I can’t see it being hard. It seems like as long as you know the mechanics you will do fine.
Also I probably wouldn’t want any thieves/ele if there are mechanics in the raid where you can get 1shotted easily.

Look at PVP, and how they tank up and take persistant damage right to the face while waiting for strong CC/spikes to dodge. That’s what we’re getting. Hope everyone has fun!

Raids discussion

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Im sure you atleast had some fun in there for a while, that should be worth it

Raids discussion

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

To be fair to the devs, every raid on the practice test server in the history of every game was tuned hella easy and then buffed to the moon for release. It doesn’t surprise me that necro is adequate in a low power version of what the players will face.

also, don’t underestimate the power of Transfusion when people in your party go down a lot!

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Raids discussion

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I would remove BiP from your list if I were you. The new version of that skill is basically staff guard 2.0, only worse (or better depending on your perspective).

Raids discussion

Posted by: butch.8136

butch.8136

The fact that rewards are weekly makes me think that maybe Raids won’t be as challenging as we think they will be…

The fact that is Weekly makes me think Anet already knows Raids will only be challenging to the casual crowd that farms Silverwastes or Open World Bosses. That’s the big piece of the playerbase’s cake. Not us.

And if we could farm the Raid rewards daily, then when the casuals managed to achieve them they would not feel as special snowflakes because “all the kitten elitists have it already, this sucks!”. But because it is weekly, everyone is going to be on the same playing field and they will feel more special about it.

Theres no gear progression. Eventually the puzzle will be solved, guides will be up and a lot more people will be able to clear it. Which is normal. Is that so bad?
You can’t prevent that unless you add RNG to them or you add gear progression, which just prolongs it until everyone has the gear and that factor falls out of the equation.

Razor xxxx (Desolation ; Off)
Bring back: ‘Gamer’ title + MAT’s!
Throw out: Hotjoin!

Raids discussion

Posted by: Daendur.2357

Daendur.2357

Didn’t follow that, is it known how much time a raid run will require?
I don’t mean “now” but once encounter will be known… More or less.

Black Thunders [BT] – Gandara

Raids discussion

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

They’ve been very careful not to say anything about that.

Raids discussion

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Probably because they said dungeons should take 20-30 mins at release. Now they are done in less than 5. x)

Raids discussion

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

And if we could farm the Raid rewards daily, then when the casuals managed to achieve them they would not feel as special snowflakes because “all the kitten elitists have it already, this sucks!”. But because it is weekly, everyone is going to be on the same playing field and they will feel more special about it.

I think you nailed it. The reason why it’s weekly…
Jesus, this day…

By the way, am I the only one that is actually surprised at buffs still being capped at 5? I thought it was logical to be 10… well, I guess anet still can surprise me.

(edited by deSade.9437)

Raids discussion

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

They’ve been very careful not to say anything about that.

I think Colin hinted at 1h in an interview (when comparing the new fractal system and the old one time-wise)

Raids discussion

deSade.9437

Sooo around 30 mins?

Raids discussion

Posted by: Foefaller.1082

Foefaller.1082

I would remove BiP from your list if I were you. The new version of that skill is basically staff guard 2.0, only worse (or better depending on your perspective).

On the flip side, you should add Boon Removal on the list. For Mesmers too if we’re going to be honest. I would be extremely disappointed if enemy boons are not a factor in raids, and those two professions might as well be the only ones who can do it for all the options that they bring.

Raids discussion

deSade.9437

Pfft, I’d rather slot a sigil of nullification in all of my weapons than take a necro…
BUT, if they bring back the tribal armor, I got a few ideas that will probably make me stick to it for a while. Necro in raids confirmed

… it’s never gonna happen, is it? I’m day(night)dreaming again?