Raids need a solo story mode.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

They really do. I really like fighting secondary characters and all but its really sad that the raid team is limited when it comes to what lore they put in the raids. Id love to fight some heavy lore characters in there in a 1 man story mode.

And while i do that my buddies have the time of their lives getting kicked by the same Importand lore characters but as they should be. As actual raid bosses.

The devs could also delay the release of the story mode for a week or 2 just to give an incentive to ppl to get into raiding.

#Elderdragonsforraidbosses #Balthazarforraidboss #Palayamaybe? #Taimidefinitelyaraidboss

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

Are you asking for difficult solo content, or easier to access raiding content?
.. just asking before this thread derails into a clown fiesta of people spamming you with “NO RAID EASY MODE CASUAL SCRUB” etc.

Because difficult solo and duo content would be absolutely AMAZING.
This game currently lacks anything meaningful to do with very small groups (1-3) and if that’s what you want with ‘story mode raids’ then I would be all for it.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I’ve long believed that all instanced content – from living story chapters up to raids – would benefit greatly from scaling in the manner you describe. In addition to expanding the audience for each game type, it would add a lot of replayability to the content (and, as you note, it would make it easier for the devs to deliver compelling content across all modes).

zealex.9410

Are you asking for difficult solo content, or easier to access raiding content?
.. just asking before this thread derails into a clown fiesta of people spamming you with “NO RAID EASY MODE CASUAL SCRUB” etc.

Because difficult solo and duo content would be absolutely AMAZING.
This game currently lacks anything meaningful to do with very small groups (1-3) and if that’s what you want with ‘story mode raids’ then I would be all for it.

I do agree that low man challenging content you know content that duo or trio groupss could enjoy would be fantastic. But thats not what i suggest here.

What i suggest is a way for ppl who clearly will never be interested in the challenge of raids but want to experience the story because its been the staple that anyone can at least experience the story, can do so. Now im not really saying that because i feel for them (i do respect their request but i dont relate nececeraly).

Im saying this because we have seen with every new raid the devs mentioning how close where they to no include a character or some lore because of how locked raids are (for good reason or not).
And as a lover of challenge and story it makes me feel sad that devs have to work through these unececary walls (that many othe companies have since long moved on from).

And all that just because someone will be like “muh lore, how dare you lock my lore behind elitist infested content REEEEEEE”. Now on their defense raids were sold as “the ultimate group challenging content” not “the ultimate story driven content”. The fact that we get story is only normal no one would fight a cube in a textureless roon.

But, i do not believe locking the lore to ppl that just want to experience it is good for anyone (neither us who raid and want to see importand charcters in there being kitten and all nor ppl who want to just get lore becausecontent is overall slow and they are locked).

Ppl could argue “just join an open instance” but let me ask you something. Would be the same for you to buy a puzzle that you want to go throgh complete and have fun doing so and find out its already completed for you?

Again im not saying “ooo elitists stop being toxic and give us an ez mode” bcause i dont ask for that. Nor do i say “im entitled to get lore how dare you lock it behind a wall” because i dont subscribe to that idea.

All im saying is: I want to fight importand battles that are part of the main story and lore and i dont get that because devs are limited with artificial walls.

EDIT: wow this came out long sorry for all this m8.

zealex.9410

I’ve long believed that all instanced content – from living story chapters up to raids – would benefit greatly from scaling in the manner you describe. In addition to expanding the audience for each game type, it would add a lot of replayability to the content (and, as you note, it would make it easier for the devs to deliver compelling content across all modes).

Blaeys before this becomes a meme. Ik you are driven from a desire for tiered cotent like fractals and i understand that idea.
But this is a system that is for ppl who want the lore. It will ofc has rewards at the end ( some magnetide shards maybe 1 legendary insight and 2 greens 1 yellow) but only the first time.
Ls2 and 3 each episode gives you 1 time rewards and everyone is fine with that. Besides, they have been making the base raids easier since wing 2 (with a few exceptions) to make them open and they will prob continue.

All in in the expence of ppl that subscribe to the “challenging content” idea because the’ve been getting it less and less with each wing might i add.

Devs have confirmed that they want cms to be the hard mode and the normal mode to be the entry point and i agree with this statement. It will ofcourse get finetuned as tome goes on to make sure both sides get the best experience.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

But this is a system that is for ppl who want the lore. It will ofc has rewards at the end ( some magnetide shards maybe 1 legendary insight and 2 greens 1 yellow) but only the first time.

And here’s your flaw.

You want story, you can do it without raid specific rewards.

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

And here’s your flaw.

That idea would be fine actually. Only upon first time completion, as he said. The raid equivalent of “the first time is free” and all.

zealex.9410

And here’s your flaw.

I do not believe that, a wing on story mode giving 10 shards is too much. As for the li because these would give rewards when you do them on a diff char (once tho) they can have the first time you complete the story mode only reward the li and the rest be an added yellow or an exotic or nothing and you just get the rest except the li.
Again, giving rewards only once per character and giving li only once regardless

(edited by zealex.9410)

zealex.9410

And here’s your flaw.

That idea would be fine actually. Only upon first time completion, as he said. The raid equivalent of “the first time is free” and all.

Like "here have a taste. Want more? Cool you can try your luck in the normal raid and if you like recieving pain have a try in our cm modes ^^ "

TexZero.7910

And here’s your flaw.

Except it’s not as it actively devalues the work others put in.

I don’t care if you want a sack of blues/greens and maybe a rare. Those are all fine and dandy, but if you cannot even put together the time of day to do even the easiest of raid bosses at their current form, then you really do not deserve raid specific rewards. That means but is not limited to Shard, LI, any form of Raid unique drops/Vendor access.

zealex.9410

And here’s your flaw.

I don’t care if you want a sack of blues/greens and maybe a rare. Those are all fine and dandy, but if you cannot even put together the time of day to do even the easiest of raid bosses at their current form, then you really do not deserve raid specific rewards. That means but is not limited to Shard, LI, any form of Raid unique drops/Vendor access.

The bosses themselves do no drop any asc skins or anything nor wiping awards you with shards. You get 40 shards once if you do it with a char having 5 will give you 200 shards just for once for going through all 4 wings with 5 diff characters that are lvl 80 and geared with at least exotics.

I will suggest that you dont act like the wvwers it wont end up well for you gamemode.

What i suggest is not blown out of proporsions so i dont see the reason to not get 1 “free” li and some shard. Which shards you anyways get from wiping on the boss repeatedly on 1 char.

Also iirc you can buy the unique skins after you clear their respective wing no? If so the story modes will not unlock said skins instead you will only have access to armor chest and trinkets.

(edited by zealex.9410)

Posted by: ButterPeanut.9746

ButterPeanut.9746

One alternative that nobody talks about is to simply remove all story from raids such that a casual person now has no desire for the lore that doesn’t exist.

Posted by: Roxanne.6140

Roxanne.6140

One alternative that nobody talks about is to simply remove all story from raids such that a casual person now has no desire for the lore that doesn’t exist.

I like this. in fact remove raids because some groups of people are excluded.

gaem not made for mi
===========

ButterPeanut.9746

Two very different things. Raids are playable content, the lore behind them is not. It’s a side effect of playing the content. Sure for some players that play them the lore may impact their experience on the content, but I would be willing to bet that a very large percentage of raiders would have no problem not having Saul in w4 for example

Posted by: Miellyn.6847

Miellyn.6847

They really do. I really like fighting secondary characters and all but its really sad that the raid team is limited when it comes to what lore they put in the raids. Id love to fight some heavy lore characters in there in a 1 man story mode.

And while i do that my buddies have the time of their lives getting kicked by the same Importand lore characters but as they should be. As actual raid bosses.

The devs could also delay the release of the story mode for a week or 2 just to give an incentive to ppl to get into raiding.

#Elderdragonsforraidbosses #Balthazarforraidboss #Palayamaybe? #Taimidefinitelyaraidboss

Mordremoth was particially a open world raid boss.
I don’t think their current systems support story progress through raid instances.
Raids loose their atmosphere if you kill all bosses in a story mode before you actually enter the raid. Which you have to do in order to advance the story.

The only thing that it would guaranteed add is increased development time for a questionable outcome. Story instances in the current form are not more replayable with scaling.
How would it be easier to add content? Instead of a raid, a map and some LS instances we get only a raid in different difficulties and maybe a map? The same content in different difficulty scales is not more content.

So remove the entire game, because any gamemode excludes some people? Or do you mean you are excluded so others can’t have fun?

Meena Wolfsgeist | Ranger
Ceana Mera | Mesmer
Indra Nebelklinge | Revenant

(edited by Miellyn.6847)

Roxanne.6140

So remove the entire game, because any gamemode excludes some people?

Tell me which game mode excludes people more than raids and hides more desirable items behind that one exclusionary mode?

gaem not made for mi
===========

TexZero.7910

Tell me which game mode excludes people more than raids and hides more desirable items behind that one exclusionary mode?

PvP / WvW.

Roxanne.6140

PvP / WvW.

rofl, i do wvw all the time, did actually. u just press enter and play

pvp, just press enter and find.

raid, press enter aerodrome and afk

gaem not made for mi
===========

Miellyn.6847

It’s not about the number of people. You can’t just say ‘This excludes too many people remove it’. It is about exclusion in general, either content excludes people or not. All content excludes people so either remove everything or this argument is just a strawman It only gets used be people that are excluded by that specific content and want the rewards.
WvW has more exclusive rewards than raids and the backpiece and the T3 armour excludes a lot more people than raids.
The legendary armor discussion showed that for many people the armour skin is actually not that desirable, it’s more the item colour.

rofl, i do wvw all the time, did actually. u just press enter and play

pvp, just press enter and find.

raid, press enter aerodrome and afk

But do you have rank 2000 for the armour or will you reach it in a relative short amount of time? If not, you are excluded from rewards. Same as raids.

Ceana Mera | Mesmer

Roxanne.6140

wvw rewards do not exclude ppl, ppl just decided that the rewards are not worth the time and effort. raids dont even allow ppl to try to begin with because u can’t decide u want to play today and u play today. u play when there is a slot most probably because some ppl weren’t online and u are the backup

gaem not made for mi
===========

TexZero.7910

wvw rewards do not exclude ppl, ppl just decided that the rewards are not worth the time and effort. raids dont even allow ppl to try to begin with because u can’t decide u want to play today and u play today. u play when there is a slot most probably because some ppl weren’t online and u are the backup

Sorry can’t hear you as that squad doesnt want rangers for some reason….

Can’t zerg with my theif cause meta….blah blah excuse

Cant get armor because of no zerg during my time.

PvP – Cant get glorious because everyone else is too good and im not esports.

Miellyn.6847

Huge time investments are also exclusionary.
How do raids allow anything? They are not alive and make no rules.
Raiding in NA is completely different from raiding in EU. The EU raiding scene is much friendlier and helpful to newcomers. That is not a problem with raids but with the community.

Ceana Mera | Mesmer

TexZero.7910

Raiding in NA is completely different from raiding in EU. The EU raiding scene is much friendlier and helpful to newcomers. That is not a problem with raids but with the community.

It’s not even NA vs EU here.

It’s a guy or gal complaining about OCX/SEA not having people to raid with, yet not attempting to either find a guild or start their own static because being a leader is something they seem to not want to do.

Miellyn.6847

It’s not even NA vs EU here.

It’s a guy or gal complaining about OCX/SEA not having people to raid with, yet not attempting to either find a guild or start their own static because being a leader is something they seem to not want to do.

He/she also complained about not getting groups during NA primetime in the other thread.

Ceana Mera | Mesmer

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

>Don’t play a ranger or theif and go solo, like the rest of the roamers. Most of the highest WvW ranks are roamers.

>Start a zerg and quit being a useless idiot.

>You don’t even have to WIN at pvp to get the glorious armor.

All i hear are lame excuses for why someone else isn’t carrying you like a drooby eyed armless child.

TexZero.7910

>Don’t play a ranger or theif and go solo, like the rest of the roamers. Most of the highest WvW ranks are roamers.

>Start a zerg and quit being a useless idiot.

>You don’t even have to WIN at pvp to get the glorious armor.

All i hear are lame excuses for why someone else isn’t carrying you like a drooby eyed armless child.

That was the point. It was a parody of the common excuses as to why people can’t get raid rewards.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

To talk about the specific suggestion, and not about irrelevant things, you want a way for someone to see the story of the Raids solo, without the need to find other people and Raid with them. You also want this solo version to offer one-time rewards only.

The question about such a suggestion is “Is it worth it?” Is it worth it creating this solo version, by allocating resources from other parts of the game, in order to do it?

Or do what the current Raids did and have a story that you can understand even if you don’t play the Raids and plus it doesn’t affect the main story of the game. Removing all story from the Raids is meaningless. That casual person can see the story of the Raids without ever stepping inside.

zealex.9410

Mordremoth was particially a open world raid boss.
I don’t think their current systems support story progress through raid instances.
Raids loose their atmosphere if you kill all bosses in a story mode before you actually enter the raid. Which you have to do in order to advance the story.

You would not really need to complete the story mode if your focus is the raid you can easily get to do your first kill there. This isnt an introduction its a diff mode to satisfy the masses. Thruth be told i may as well not include the main bad guys but id like to have a raid that is supper relevant that you go through with the actual importand npc’s it doesnt have to be a raid for the end fight for id prefer the devs to show us how can they do raids with importand characters in our current story and how to connect it with the rest of the world.

(edited by zealex.9410)

zealex.9410

Pretty much the same with raids pp decided raids arent worth their time

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

If you can 1v1 some epic boss, then how epic he really is? Lorewise, Matthias is so powerful he cannot fully control his own powers. How can you make the fight soloable without breaking the immersion completely?

So no, they really don’t.

zealex.9410

To talk about the specific suggestion, and not about irrelevant things, you want a way for someone to see the story of the Raids solo, without the need to find other people and Raid with them. You also want this solo version to offer one-time rewards only.

The question about such a suggestion is “Is it worth it?” Is it worth it creating this solo version, by allocating resources from other parts of the game, in order to do it?

Or do what the current Raids did and have a story that you can understand even if you don’t play the Raids and plus it doesn’t affect the main story of the game. Removing all story from the Raids is meaningless. That casual person can see the story of the Raids without ever stepping inside.

The events inmw1 2 3 infuenced the event of s3 and ppl complained about it. The event of w4 gave a closure and shed ligjt to 1 big mistery from gw1 and ppl complained. After w4 someone suggested they make the floatimg castle into a raid ( an idea i very much agree with) ppl threaten them to no dare and make it into a raid.

This artificial wall creates a creative block for the designers and it doesnt need to exist. Alot of ppl suggested that lazarus should be a boss in a raid, that would never happen because of the geat importance lazarus had in the main story.

All the mmos that have had raids for years or started out with raiding being a staple in their endgame (which like it or not is the case for raids now) have had a story mode of some shorts be it lfr be it normal just for the ppl who dont have the time to put to “git gud” and just want to experience it.

zealex.9410

If you can 1v1 some epic boss, then how epic he really is? Lorewise, Matthias is so powerful he cannot fully control his own powers. How can you make the fight soloable without breaking the immersion completely?

So no, they really don’t.

Lore wise balthazar is a god and his hounds are feared how can you fight him 1v1 in ep5? Lore wise mordremoth is also powerful and 5 characters are enough to take him down. Again the story mode is a teaser you give them a small sample of what the fight has to offer if you wajt the real thing (cahllenge or full rewards) get into actual raising. The fact that the boss wxist there on a nerfed version doesnt matter to the raiders as it wont affect their enjoyment of what they like which is challenge.

As for the immersion breaking everyone has a diff idea of what is immersive i found the balthazar foght to be immersion breaking because it was ez. Meanwhile there was a guy/grill here yelling and being all trigfered because the fight was so hard ot wasnt fun for him/her.

Tldr: its not a out how epic he is its about experiencing the fight with him hearimg what he has to say the looking around and feeling the gaps and chatting with npcs about it. What is epic is subjective.

(edited by zealex.9410)

zealex.9410

Might i add something more. I also want a feasure of woe raid i think that it would be amazimg. Do you think that ppl wont tear the raid team apart of they “dared” to put that out with how importand balth is?

Posted by: Lady Deedra.3126

Lady Deedra.3126

Might i add something more. I also want a feasure of woe raid i think that it would be amazimg. Do you think that ppl wont tear the raid team apart of they “dared” to put that out with how importand balth is?

They stated previously they have no intention of bringing back Underworld or Fissure of Woe as the original designers are gone and they cannot do them justice. I would love any iteration of FoW or UW myself as well.

Skjold Pjod
I am “That” guy you have all heard about.
1,073 precursors forged and counting.

Feanor.2358

Lore-wise Balthazar is a god who has lost most of his power. And he still one-shots you in the story mission. Lore-wise Mordremoth falls in a battle of minds and there’s nothing saying the Commander doesn’t have a superior will or greater resolve. One could also argue the distraction created by the fight in Dragon’s Stand, which is basically all of the remaining Pact forces, is what makes this victory possible.

And spare me the talk about “teasers”. It doesn’t work like that. Story mission boss fights are a good example. I’ve never felt any desire to revisit them.

zealex.9410

Nor these are built with rivisiting in mind. These are built to please a demographic which limits the creativity of the raod team. And this is but an ez way to fix that. Btw did it ruin the experience for you of doing 100 nm before doing 100cm? Because for me ot didnt i just never did 100 after that and stuck to 100cm

Both the example you provode are speculation we dont know of balth lost all his power or a part of it (mind you henabsorbed the bloodstone so ye his already broken compaired to us).

zealex.9410

They stated previously they have no intention of bringing back Underworld or Fissure of Woe as the original designers are gone and they cannot do them justice. I would love any iteration of FoW or UW myself as well.

Didnt they also suspend legendaries back when chuka released? I remember that statement but you never know and with the current story its really fitting no?

Feanor.2358

Nor these are built with rivisiting in mind. These are built to please a demographic which limits the creativity of the raod team. And this is but an ez way to fix that. Btw did it ruin the experience for you of doing 100 nm before doing 100cm? Because for me ot didnt i just never did 100 after that and stuck to 100cm

There’s a difference between comparing 5-man normal mode to 5-man challenge mode content and comparing 10-man challenging to solo easy content.

P.S. Also yes, Balthazar is broken compared to us. That’s why he one-shots you when he finally decides to do something.

zealex.9410

There’s a difference between comparing 5-man normal mode to 5-man challenge mode content and comparing 10-man challenging to solo easy content.

P.S. Also yes, Balthazar is broken compared to us. That’s why he one-shots you when he finally decides to do something.

Yes theres a diff sure but i dont believe is big enough to justify not adding it. Again you dont lose your experience of the actual raid because of this but if theres a problem with the number 1 (which i dont know) then it can easily be a 5 man instance or a 10 man instance. I personally sid 1 because multiple ppl cant take away from the experience hence why the story always exists in instances where no randoms can join.

ButterPeanut.9746

For me (and I’m sure many others) it all depends on what the community is willing to sacrifice for this lore. The bottom line is that the core nature of end game encounters is that they are meant to be repeatable. I have never met one person who raids consistently that does so for the lore. The lore, and other things like unique boss models, are part of the immersion that you get on your first handful of clears at most. The rewards, challenge, friends, and encounter design is what brings people back every week.

So, if ANET were to ask the following questions, I know I would pick option A every time (not saying this is how long it takes, but just an example). I’d sacrifice story/lore for more content, because that is what I play weekly. I DGAF about Saul after the first play through.
A. Release a raid with “Insert generic bad guys here” every 6 months
B. Release a raid with lore included in a relatively static difficultly every 9 months (i.e. current state)
C. Release a raid with lore included and an infrastructure for many difficultly levels and party sizes every 1 year (may include slower release cadence on living story as well)

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I am entirely certain that if the raid team were to take on any additional modes it would severely impact their bottom-line content development schedule. For me, it’s far more important that we get regular raid wing content drops of the style we already have than it is that we get additional modes that cater to a small portion of an already small portion of the player-base.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

zealex.9410

For me (and I’m sure many others) it all depends on what the community is willing to sacrifice for this lore. The bottom line is that the core nature of end game encounters is that they are meant to be repeatable. I have never met one person who raids consistently that does so for the lore. The lore, and other things like unique boss models, are part of the immersion that you get on your first handful of clears at most. The rewards, challenge, friends, and encounter design is what brings people back every week.

So, if ANET were to ask the following questions, I know I would pick option A every time (not saying this is how long it takes, but just an example). I’d sacrifice story/lore for more content, because that is what I play weekly. I DGAF about Saul after the first play through.
A. Release a raid with “Insert generic bad guys here” every 6 months
B. Release a raid with lore included in a relatively static difficultly every 9 months (i.e. current state)
C. Release a raid with lore included and an infrastructure for many difficultly levels and party sizes every 1 year (may include slower release cadence on living story as well)

The story mode of a raid doesnt have to release the same day with the actul raid it can release a week or even 2 later so ppl get to do their clear ppl are insentivised to try the real thng for a fast peak in the lore or w/e or can w8 a week or for the sory mode. When the bosses the art all are ready cutting things out is the easiest part.

zealex.9410

I am entirely certain that if the raid team were to take on any additional modes it would severely impact their bottom-line content development schedule. For me, it’s far more important that we get regular raid wing content drops of the style we already have than it is that we get additional modes that cater to a small portion of an already small portion of the player-base.

A small portion of an already small portion? What are you even saying? Im not talking about ppl that are raiding for jsut the lore now. Im talking about ppl who dont ahve the time nor the expe to get into raids and they dont care about the “excusive loot” and only care for the content itself. You know the ppl that say dot you dare lock importand lore from me and they were thee reason that w4 almost didnt happen. Im on the group that wants raids with importand characters and themes.

ButterPeanut.9746

A small portion of an already small portion? What are you even saying? Im not talking about ppl that are raiding for jsut the lore now. Im talking about ppl who dont ahve the time nor the expe to get into raids and they dont care about the “excusive loot” and only care for the content itself. You know the ppl that say dot you dare lock importand lore from me and they were thee reason that w4 almost didnt happen. Im on the group that wants raids with importand characters and themes.

But at what cost? Would you prefer half as much living story content in order to implement these modes?

I’m not opposed to putting easier versions in, I personally just find lore the wrong reason to do so. Lore alone doesn’t make content repeatable which is the entire purpose of this style of end game content.

zealex.9410

Yes tbh i have no need for 30 diff viper trinkets so the maps are useless to me. And besides we get a lw update once every 3 months which is 2 hours of story tops not sure if it worth it over more raids fractals.

You are missing the point im not sying this to make raids more repeatable (some ppl might try the story mode like wht they see and get into raiding for good idk). Wht i want is ppl hving their story mode so they dont compain for the devs lcking story way so we can in return get so more relevant to the story raids. Like a raid in palayas bone palace or a raid where the god defeated abaddon (i believe tht location was in the leaked maps). Or like hving kitten champions of drgons as fights in raids but since dragons are the story of gw2 as raids are now that wont happen :/.

Posted by: FrizzFreston.5290

FrizzFreston.5290

And here’s your flaw.

Running escort is putting in hard work? Since when. xD

“It isn’t working!” CL4P-TP
Ingame Name: Guardian Erik

TexZero.7910

And here’s your flaw.

It’s clearly hard man….

Can’t you see those meta elitist using their elitist LI requirement to exclude my non-meta Apothecary’s Warrior from what is essentially a 10 man dungeon. /s

My point is more that the rewards should be unique and proportional. If people cannot be bothered to do escort or trio then they really should not be rewarded even as a one time gesture for a “Solo” powerpoint journey.

zealex.9410

And here’s your flaw.

It’s clearly hard man….

Can’t you see those meta elitist using their elitist LI requirement to exclude my non-meta Apothecary’s Warrior from what is essentially a 10 man dungeon. /s

My point is more that the rewards should be unique and proportional. If people cannot be bothered to do escort or trio then they really should not be rewarded even as a one time gesture for a “Solo” powerpoint journey.

Arent the rewards exclusive? You can tunlock the unique skinsn if you dont clear the raid.

Posted by: Blaeys.3102

Blaeys.3102

I actually agree with TexZero on this one. If a story mode is implemented (and I believe it should be – we do differ in opinion on that one), it shouldn’t reward legendary insights.

My preferred option would be a single champ bag and 1/4 to 1/2 the normal magnetite shard drops per boss (repeatable once weekly) – with the understanding that the unique raid skins/minis/infusions are locked on the vendor until the boss is beaten at least once on the more difficult level. That way, players would have another way (albeit REALLY slow) to obtain ascended gear (generic skins) while enjoying the content.

zealex.9410

I actually agree with TexZero on this one. If a story mode is implemented (and I believe it should be – we do differ in opinion on that one), it shouldn’t reward legendary insights.

My preferred option would be a single champ bag and 1/4 to 1/2 the normal magnetite shard drops per boss (repeatable once weekly) – with the understanding that the unique raid skins/minis/infusions are locked on the vendor until the boss is beaten at least once on the more difficult level. That way, players would have another way (albeit REALLY slow) to obtain ascended gear (generic skins) while enjoying the content.

1 li for clearing all 4 wings and its acount bound. Gamebreaking ik