Randomize instability after each fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Whats the point of different instability if everyone is gonna take the ez way out by doing fractal with easier instability.
How about we change it up and randomize the instability available up till that fractal level after each fractal.
To kick it up a notch, how about double instability for fractal 40-49 and triple for fractal 50.

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

Randomizing it won’t do much if people can just reroll to get the one they want.

SundayTrash.9562

Randomizing it won’t do much if people can just reroll to get the one they want.

Than they would have to restart the whole fractal.
What I mean is for instability to change after each fractal in the same run.

Posted by: Silvia.9130

Silvia.9130

And add an instability having Horric stalking you for the whole fractal (including Mai Trin one) where he simply randomly pops out of nowhere covering the whole area of 1-hit red circles with no chance to dodge nor escape please. AND don’t forget to add a random Lupi to do the same, actually, add it as normal Fractals feature not instability. Only then, Fractals will be of a difficult level interesting enough for “too high pros”, nah not even then.

>>Lady Carlie Castle<
>>=<

Posted by: Tentonhammr.7849

Tentonhammr.7849

Right.. cuz the one thing fractals need more of is RNG.

Add instabilities as gambits, like we’ve been asking for for months. Increased difficulty and rewards. Problem solved.

Zelendel

SundayTrash.9562

I really never get what is with this game and people hating on harder content.

Tentonhammr.7849

You think 1 random instability is more difficult than choosing to do 3 or 4 instabilities simultaneously? Ok…

Zelendel

SundayTrash.9562

You think 1 random instability is more difficult than choosing to do 3 or 4 instabilities simultaneously? Ok…

Did I mention 1? As I previously mention 2 random for 40-49 and 3 for 50 is much more difficult then picking ur own.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I think the point is everyone will pick the least resistance with most rewards.

Take for example the gauntlet boss farm. Everyone pick the easiest 5 gambit and repeat them.

Quite honestly I dont’ know the answer to this one. I still remember the days where people rage quit when they get the dredge fractal. If you randomly get a really bad instability, it’s quite painful.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Tentonhammr.7849

Did I mention 1? As I previously mention 2 random for 40-49 and 3 for 50 is much more difficult then picking ur own.

My objection isn’t to adding harder content. It’s to adding more RNG to the fractal game mode that is nothing BUT RNG. Also, permanently enforcing multiple instabilities in higher tiers would equate to a “hard mode” that Anet has already categorically denounced and won’t implement.

The gambit system accomplishes the hard mode we want without excluding the precious LS crowd who sometimes venture into fractals. Yes, people will still select 1 or 2 really easy instabilities and call it a day, but we will still have the option of choosing as many of them as we want to make things as difficult as we want. More importantly though, there is already a precedent for the gambit system from the Queen’s Gauntlet, meaning it’s an idea Anet might actually consider.

Zelendel

laokoko.7403

My objection isn’t to adding harder content. It’s to adding more RNG to the fractal game mode that is nothing BUT RNG. Also, permanently enforcing multiple instabilities in higher tiers would equate to a “hard mode” that Anet has already categorically denounced and won’t implement.

The gambit system accomplishes the hard mode we want without excluding the precious LS crowd who sometimes venture into fractals. Yes, people will still select 1 or 2 really easy instabilities and call it a day, but we will still have the option of choosing as many of them as we want to make things as difficult as we want. More importantly though, there is already a precedent for the gambit system from the Queen’s Gauntlet, meaning it’s an idea Anet might actually consider.

Right, but get to your original post. Quite honestly, picking the 3 easiest instability is much easeier than say getting the mobs explode when killed instability.

It’s just back to the drawing table. Everyone avoid hard content when there is a way to get the same rewards easier.

If you randomly get a really bad combination of instability, that is just asking for people to rage quit. Because redo it might be easier.

(edited by laokoko.7403)

SundayTrash.9562

Wasn’t the whole point of fractal that as higher up you go, the harder it become. As of right now fractal is pretty much a standstill. 49 is not much harder than 30.

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

well if this is implemented, whoever is left will stop doing fractals and LFG fractal section may as well be used to sell legendaries and stuff. I mean people already stopped doing them so why not remove it entirely by adding more RNG

Tour

SundayTrash.9562

well if this is implemented, whoever is left will stop doing fractals and LFG fractal section may as well be used to sell legendaries and stuff. I mean people already stopped doing them so why not remove it entirely by adding more RNG

The problem with the game is that there are too many easy content for ppl to do outside of spamming 1. Balance the reward and u will see more ppl start doin harder content.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

The random element of fractals is already bad enough, wtb that suggestion thread. Choose your fractals, choose your instabilities as “gambit” like things for additional reward, yeah, you know let us choose what and how we want to play and reward what is more difficult, crazy idea I know.

SundayTrash.9562

The random element of fractals is already bad enough, wtb that suggestion thread. Choose your fractals, choose your instabilities as “gambit” like things for additional reward, yeah, you know let us choose what and how we want to play and reward what is more difficult, crazy idea I know.

Maybe you just need to get better. They already fix up dredge, and shaman isn’t as hard as when ppl use to do it below the minimum agony resist required. The last thing we need is a walk in the ball park fractal 50 by picking swamp and water with couple of little to no effect instability.

SundayTrash.9562

It would also defeat the purpose of having so many fractal and instability that nobody uses.
This is why they have fractal level. Poor baby can’t play with the big boy. Maybe you should stick to the lower level since high level shouldn’t be meant for everyone.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Maybe you just need to get better. They already fix up dredge, and shaman isn’t as hard as when ppl use to do it below the minimum agony resist required. The last thing we need is a walk in the ball park fractal 50 by picking swamp and water with couple of little to no effect instability.

Or I can just not do them because I don’t like some of the fractals and the RNG pretty consistently gives me them rather than the ones I like. My favorite is probably the Fire Shaman btw though I won’t say I’m an expert because again, I hate the design so I’ve never taken the time to master fractals as a whole. Good luck to you and your randomness though if that’s what you enjoy.

SundayTrash.9562

Or I can just not do them because I don’t like some of the fractals and the RNG pretty consistently gives me them rather than the ones I like. My favorite is probably the Fire Shaman btw though I won’t say I’m an expert because again, I hate the design so I’ve never taken the time to master fractals as a whole. Good luck to you and your randomness though if that’s what you enjoy.

you wouldn’t be missed, there are still plenty of ppl willing to do it. Lets look at it before fractal cap, ppl were doin fractal level on 60s and 70s.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

+1 for the instabilitily where mai trin follows me around all of Tyria <3 <3

Dont worry mai, Ill portect you!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

[..] Only then, Fractals will be of a difficult level interesting enough for “too high pros”, nah not even then.

This. And…
I’m sick of RNG. I’m sick of RNG and of people barking to add RNG everywhere, even if it’s already choking 80% of the game. I’m sick of RNG, people barking to add it everywhere, and anet listening to them.
Cut this crap already. You can take your “randomize” and sh… ask them to put more RNG in the cash shop, I’m sure they gonna listen to you.

Also, you know where you can put the annoying attitude. I don’t get why some of the dungeoneers think they have to be jerks to prove they’re pro. I have 2 friends that did 70-80 regularly and they’re some of the nicest players ever, while still being good at the game.
All in all, I’d take someone like Jerus over one of the l33t pros anytime. I’m sure we’d be able to climb up to 80 again.

If there were any point in doing it other than self-imposed challenge.
Oh, right, I forgot… the fractal leaderboards…

(edited by deSade.9437)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Level 50 Cliffside, Dredge or Grawl with level 33, 39 and 44 instabilities sounds fun all right.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Not that bad. The last laugh at cliffside was incredibly annoying, though, and not fun at all. We died only once at the last seals, but I didn’t have the slightest fun during the whole run, mostly because you can’t really time your dodge to avoid the effect. Stressful.
They should make it possible to dodge the instability.
Oh, but I forgot, we can’t talk about fun but only about what is proer…. forgive me, do go on.

Posted by: Harper.4173

Harper.4173

Whats the point of different instability if everyone is gonna take the ez way out by doing fractal with easier instability.
How about we change it up and randomize the instability available up till that fractal level after each fractal.
To kick it up a notch, how about double instability for fractal 40-49 and triple for fractal 50.

Just what we needed – more difficulty added to content that’s already incredibly unrewarding for the difficulty level it currently has.

Makes perfect sense.

If here they fall they shall live on when ever you cry “For Ascalon!”

SundayTrash.9562

If this is how community act toward challenge, why bother with fractal at all, go back to doin ur regular no brainer paths. Fractal is the only place where rng should belong, the element of surprise, where every single fractal is a new challenge. If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

If this is how community act toward challenge, why bother with fractal at all, go back to doin ur regular no brainer paths. Fractal is the only place where rng should belong, the element of surprise, where every single fractal is a new challenge. If you cant handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Bad analogy. More like, if you can’t handle the heat, get out of hell. This is more in line with what other people have been saying.

This will probably go over your head, so let me simplify. There’s a huge distinction between what people CAN handle and what people WANT to handle. Anyone on these forums can handle difficult, tedious, challenging e.t.c. But the real question is, why would they WANT to if “FUN” isn’t paired with these attributes?

SundayTrash.9562

Bad analogy. More like, if you can’t handle the heat, get out of hell. This is more in line with what other people have been saying.

This will probably go over your head, so let me simplify. There’s a huge distinction between what people CAN handle and what people WANT to handle. Anyone on these forums can handle difficult, tedious, challenging e.t.c. But the real question is, why would they WANT to if “FUN” isn’t paired with these attributes?

Who saids is not fun getting blew after by mobs when they die, and besides some would do it for the challenge and other will do it for the reward. Look at it like aetherpath and arah, ppl still run it.

Posted by: sartanman.4710

sartanman.4710

I agree with many of the other posters: This would not add anything but more frustration and would in fact remove what little control we do have in fractals. “Unpopular” instabilities are an issue, but forcing people to play them through more RNG would only serve to drive more players from fractals.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

not sure why people want even more RNG. Just let us choose instabilities, with more rewards the more we choose (Queen’s Gauntlet).

Those who want harder content get to do it, and with more rewards. Those who want easier content get to do it, with fewer rewards. Best of all, Anet doesn’t have to do much to implement this, which is great as Anet seems to loathe working on dungeon/fractal content.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Yeah please make fractals more annoying. Thats definitely what you want to focus on and not on the, for lack of a better word, “rewards”.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

IMAGINE, lvl 50 with exploding mobs on grawl shaman. On the end you don’t even get a ring. eye twitch

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

The OP has a good idea here and the problem is really that the instabilities do not currently get more difficult as the fractal level rises. If that was corrected then nobody would mind seeing a variety of lower (easier) instabilities on a run.

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

this would kill pugs and demoralize them to the point they would quit

Are you Shpongled?

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

How about putting some rare encounters (bosses) into fractals 41-50 but each boss can only occur in a specific fractal with a certain instability present? For example, the svanir shaman could be replaced by an icebrood shaman when the frost attack instability (47?) is present. Give players a good reward for killing five unique bosses and a top tier reward for getting every one.

I accept this will be one of those frustrating tasks that will take a long time just to find the rare encounters but fractals are meant to be the repeatable end game content for the dungeon community. It would be an achievement to get this done.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

How about putting some rare encounters (bosses) into fractals 41-50 but each boss can only occur in a specific fractal with a certain instability present? For example, the svanir shaman could be replaced by an icebrood shaman when the frost attack instability (47?) is present. Give players a good reward for killing five unique bosses and a top tier reward for getting every one.

I accept this will be one of those frustrating tasks that will take a long time just to find the rare encounters but fractals are meant to be the repeatable end game content for the dungeon community. It would be an achievement to get this done.

The only reason it’d be hard is because of RNG fractal rolls, it’d take a very long time on average. If you’re going to redesign rewards, you need to start from a place that doesn’t build upon the kittenty RNG that’s already there, because if you do, all you get is “Oh yay… more kittenty RNG”.

I’d rather like to see things that are more along the lines of “did something genuinely difficult” and not “spent a lot of time”.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Sounds like a good idea. Anet please implement

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Bart Weird.9671

Bart Weird.9671

What you suggest, has already been discussed in the fractal cdi, it just didn’t get adopted.

Personaly I would rly look forward to randomized instabilities on each stage of a fractal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sudhKI2v_sM
[Grawl Shaman Duo Scale 80]

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I really like the idea

laokoko.7403

Instead of randomizing, why not just add specific instability for a level range, for example lvl51-60 get 4 instability “Last Laugh, Antielitism, Overextended, Tainted Renewal”.

fotm 61-70 get a few more.

fotm 100 have 20 instability.

Put a timer on fotm, add pve ladder. Problem solved =)