Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

..but…but… 4 of those professions weren’t rangers !!!1!!one!!1

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Ranger VS The CoF World Record

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Wonderwall by Nirvana… Who the hell was that guy. Let me guess, Jonathan Shakespeare, the one that wrote The lord of the rings?

Posted by: Ceribrocanasans.4135

Ceribrocanasans.4135

Wonderwall by Nirvana… Who the hell was that guy. Let me guess, Jonathan Shakespeare, the one that wrote The lord of the rings?

Hey cmon…I really do know Wonderwall is by The Beatles

Crigger – Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.dtguilds.com

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Congrats, that’s pretty awesome.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I think we’ll probably break it again tomorrow. Shoot for under 5:20 or so.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

I just did it for the gold..

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

so where’s guang?

Oceanic [LOD]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

so where’s guang?

Laughing from deep within his bat cave.

Brazil

Broadicea.8294

Out there claiming that swapping the two thieves for guardian and engineer can do it faster.

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Thieves ftw <3

[rT]

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Friggin guang. He’ll show up.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Eugene pro ranger.
Eugene pro necromancer next time?

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

so where’s guang?

Laughing from deep within his bat cave.

Im sure his laugh will be very similar to yours haha.

Dub.1273

One question: which profession is capable of doing the most damage, fully buffed, with a lightning hammer?

Dub | [rT]

spoj.9672

One question: which profession is capable of doing the most damage, fully buffed, with a lightning hammer?

Id love to say necro, but I doubt it. :<

Anubarak.3012

I would say thief, because his +%dmg traits aren’t weaponbound furthermore he does 10% more dmg with environmental weapons

edit: +35% and +55% while <50% hp

[rT]

(edited by Anubarak.3012)

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Guardian. Unscathed Contender OP. 40% dps modifier against burning foe with Aegis up.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dub.1273

Guardian. Unscathed Contender OP. 40% dps modifier against burning foe with Aegis up.

What build would you use then? Just for raw damage with LH, traits like 15% sword critchance don’t matter.

Dub | [rT]

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

So long as you have at least 10 Zeal, 25 Radiance, 10 Virtues you could spend the remaining points however. I would probably put 10 into Valor for Retributive Armor and the extra crit damage.

So Maybe 10/25/10/0/10 with 5 points extra depending on what the math says is better, power, prec or crit damage. My guess is 15 zeal would be better dps.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Dub.1273

What about 25 in Honor for 10% damage at low endurance?

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Only if you don’t get trolled by Vigorous Precision.

Brazil

Anubarak.3012

So long as you have at least 10 Zeal, 25 Radiance, 10 Virtues you could spend the remaining points however. I would probably put 10 into Valor for Retributive Armor and the extra crit damage.

So Maybe 10/25/10/0/10 with 5 points extra depending on what the math says is better, power, prec or crit damage. My guess is 15 zeal would be better dps.

Ele has +40% dmg too and 100 power more than guardian with 20-25-0-25-0
I don’t think that Guardians are able to do more dmg with LH than thieves or ele

[rT]

Dub.1273

Only if you don’t get trolled by Vigorous Precision.

I won’t tell you what exactly i need it for – but my endurance will be under 50% the whole fight.

Also Thieves and Guardians will both have it’s use. I’ve got two LH Eles anyway so i don’t want to take anotther one since they don’t have utility like aegis or stealth.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I don’t think that Guardians are able to do more dmg with LH than thieves or ele

Ele works, but I only see Thief doing more when the target is below 50%.

10/25/0/25/10 would be 50% modifiers for Guardian, which is pretty good I heard.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Anubarak.3012

10/25/0/25/10 would be 50% modifiers for Guardian, which is pretty good I heard.

Is your lower crit dmg (only +25% from trait and not 30) included in those 50% if not it would be 40% (60 <50% health) + 200 power with thief vs 50% with guardian. 200 power is a lot^^

[rT]

Dub.1273

Sure that Unscathed Contender is still 20% wiki says it’s tooltip is 10% now after the june patch :/

Dub | [rT]

Wukunlin.8461

says 20% when I hover over the icon in game for me

Oceanic [LOD]

Broadicea.8294

How is Unscathed Contender+ Fiery Wrath 40% if aegis only gives 20% and wrath 10%? Are you including the Scholar’s buff or something?

Also, wouldn’t it help the group’s DPS more if the mesmer picked up the other hammer? The guard or thief is doing more damage with it, but it’s not as much of an increase over their regular weapon as it is for the mesmer and they have plenty of base damage modifiers too.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

How is Unscathed Contender+ Fiery Wrath 40% if aegis only gives 20% and wrath 10%? Are you including the Scholar’s buff or something?

Ask yourself why any guardian dps build should have 25 in radiance even when they don’t use sword.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Wukunlin.8461

I think the 40% came from unscathed contender (20) + fiery wrath (10) + radiant power (10).

Oceanic [LOD]

Broadicea.8294

Ask yourself why any guardian dps build should have 25 in radiance even when they don’t use sword.

Ah that’s right, Fiery Wrath + Radiant Power. Thanks.

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Pretty impressive, but does Entangle on boss #1 and Spirit of Frost really speed up a team over a guardian?

Also, wouldn’t the run be faster with a traited Signet of the Hunt instead of Quickening Zephyr?

Not doubting the ranger, but I’m just trying to analyze it. Could any experienced rangers help me out here? Thanks!

spoj.9672

Pretty impressive, but does Entangle on boss #1 and Spirit of Frost really speed up a team over a guardian?

Also, wouldn’t the run be faster with a traited Signet of the Hunt instead of Quickening Zephyr?

Not doubting the ranger, but I’m just trying to analyze it. Could any experienced rangers help me out here? Thanks!

Why would a guardian speed it up? They have no unique team dmg buffs.

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Signet of the hunt, if traited, gives you ONE shot at 150% damage. and it costs 30 points into Marksmanship to get it. In addition to this, it still have a long cooldown, considering the benefit and cost.

Quickening zephyr costs 10 points into Wilderness Survival, a trait line which is a must either way since the adept minor gives +50% endurance regen. Quickening zephyr lasts 6 seconds, thus allowing you to do more DPSs in a relatively short time. It also speeds up any animations, so its better overall, as it speeds up rezzing too.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

Broadicea.8294

Marksmanship XI to get the signet active will only give you 50% more damage on one single attack every 30 seconds. Unless you meant Signet of the Wild, but that would still only be a 25% damage increase for a few seconds every 120, instead of whatever QZ is (higher) every 60 (not to mention the pet DPS increase). Plus you’d be giving up too much from either Skirmishing or Nature Magic to put that extra 10 points in Marks.

Signet of the hunt, if traited, gives you ONE shot at 150% damage. and it costs 30 points into Marksmanship to get it. In addition to this, it still have a long cooldown, considering the benefit and cost.

Quickening zephyr costs 10 points into Wilderness Survival, a trait line which is a must either way since the adept minor gives +50% endurance regen. Quickening zephyr lasts 6 seconds, thus allowing you to do more DPSs in a relatively short time. It also speeds up any animations, so its better overall, as it speeds up rezzing too.

10 in Wilderness isn’t needed to make QZ worth taking. Also, haste doesn’t speed up rezzing (anymore, if it ever did.)

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Entangle has synergy with Backstab, thats why you use it. And yes, Frost Spirit being a 7% party-wide dps boost is quite impressive.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

i thought making cof speed records wasn’t cool anymore?

anyway, here’s to hoping ranger players now will at least try to stop being a complete waste of space in dungeons

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

I think you can probably drop the bosses, like, 1s faster if you use Barrage at the start. For Slave Driver, you can precast it while you are waiting for him to go hostile since he probably won’t live for the full duration of the skill anyway.

You can also have the warrior handle fury with FGJ and bring an axe offhand instead of warhorn for Slave Driver so you can do Path of Scars, which will be a tiny bit of extra damage. Honestly, though, we are talking very marginal damage increases so it probably doesn’t matter. At best you’d probably shave off like half a second.

Posted by: theguildless.1386

theguildless.1386

10 in Wilderness isn’t needed to make QZ worth taking. Also, haste doesn’t speed up rezzing (anymore, if it ever did.)

Always did and still does, sir!

Quickness will increase the speed of channeled skills (including non-combat actions, such as reviving, mining resource nodes, opening chests, building siege weapons or communing with places of power etc., if activated prior to act) in a cost of decreasing distance you travel with leap skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness

Always question your assumptions.
Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Zi Yang.5387

Zi Yang.5387

The cooldown of Signet of the Wild is 60sec.
Since you got a mesmer for quickness, the 8 sec 25% damage increase can be quite attractive.

docMed.7692

I think you can probably drop the bosses, like, 1s faster if you use Barrage at the start. For Slave Driver, you can precast it while you are waiting for him to go hostile since he probably won’t live for the full duration of the skill anyway.

You can also have the warrior handle fury with FGJ and bring an axe offhand instead of warhorn for Slave Driver so you can do Path of Scars, which will be a tiny bit of extra damage. Honestly, though, we are talking very marginal damage increases so it probably doesn’t matter. At best you’d probably shave off like half a second.

We’re pretty certain we could cut this time down quite a bit with a couple ideas we’ve been discussing.

Broadicea.8294

Always did and still does, sir!

Quickness will increase the speed of channeled skills (including non-combat actions, such as reviving, mining resource nodes, opening chests, building siege weapons or communing with places of power etc., if activated prior to act) in a cost of decreasing distance you travel with leap skills.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Quickness

Blorf, you’re right, just went and tested. That’s what I get for trusting word-of-mouth info.

Posted by: Skorn.4906

Skorn.4906

Thief traited 30/30/0/0/10 has +35% modifier above 50 and 55% below 50 with LH. Also that’s 200 power, 50 prec and 30% crit damage more than a 10/25/0/25/10 guard.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Can’t mezmers still clone themselves using the hammer?…

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

I know the ranger build, but can anyone link the build the thieves were using? I’ve been having the itch to use my thief but whereas I’ve never been immediately kicked upon joining as a warrior or guardian, joining a speed group as a thief is just winning the lottery with the amount of ignorance surrounding the class’s effectiveness.

I mean, there are tons of people still kittened enough that claim thieves are weak in PvE, when I consider them not only a class rivaling warriors, but with even better utility for the purposes of speed runs and skipping content. I know my 48 dailies on dredge go a lot smoother with a thief, in fact most fractals do.

Playing my thief is just so much more fun than playing a warrior ;*(.

I’d also kill to get a build for berserker ranger that can be used in speed runs/fractal 48 as well.

I mostly play warrior or mesmer or ranger.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

docMed.7692

We were running 25/30/0/0/15 (all +dagger damage and/or traits oriented towards signet use) w/ full ascended zerker, scholar runes, and dungeon specific + nights 10%. utilities varied throughout the run, but we brought standard signets for the most part and thieves guild.

Brazil’s ranger build can be found on his youtube.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

I know the ranger build, but can anyone link the build the thieves were using? I’ve been having the itch to use my thief but whereas I’ve never been immediately kicked upon joining as a warrior or guardian, joining a speed group as a thief is just winning the lottery with the amount of ignorance surrounding the class’s effectiveness.

I mean, there are tons of people still kittened enough that claim thieves are weak in PvE, when I consider them not only a class rivaling warriors, but with even better utility for the purposes of speed runs and skipping content. I know my 48 dailies on dredge go a lot smoother with a thief, in fact most fractals do.

I’d also kill to get a build for berserker ranger that can be used in speed runs/fractal 48 as well.

Thief requires people smart enough to use fields and blast finishers AKA not most pug speed runs.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Thief requires people smart enough to use fields and blast finishers AKA not most pug speed runs.

Stop trying to speedrun with pugs.