Ranger VS The CoF World Record

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I know the ranger build, but can anyone link the build the thieves were using? I’ve been having the itch to use my thief but whereas I’ve never been immediately kicked upon joining as a warrior or guardian, joining a speed group as a thief is just winning the lottery with the amount of ignorance surrounding the class’s effectiveness.

I mean, there are tons of people still kittened enough that claim thieves are weak in PvE, when I consider them not only a class rivaling warriors, but with even better utility for the purposes of speed runs and skipping content. I know my 48 dailies on dredge go a lot smoother with a thief, in fact most fractals do.

Playing my thief is just so much more fun than playing a warrior ;*(.

I’d also kill to get a build for berserker ranger that can be used in speed runs/fractal 48 as well.

I mostly play warrior or mesmer or ranger.

Thief requires people smart enough to use fields and blast finishers AKA not most pug speed runs.

Stop trying to speedrun with pugs.

When these threads stop trying to change the pug meta with Build Wars set ups that might happen. For as long as people are heralding highly optimised party builds as meta changing examples of what the classes can do, people will try to speed run with pugs.

If you want to tear down general dungeon running pug builds, do it in a pug. If you want to demonstrate to the speed clearing subset of the community, be clear about the difference.

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I know the ranger build, but can anyone link the build the thieves were using? I’ve been having the itch to use my thief but whereas I’ve never been immediately kicked upon joining as a warrior or guardian, joining a speed group as a thief is just winning the lottery with the amount of ignorance surrounding the class’s effectiveness.

I mean, there are tons of people still kittened enough that claim thieves are weak in PvE, when I consider them not only a class rivaling warriors, but with even better utility for the purposes of speed runs and skipping content. I know my 48 dailies on dredge go a lot smoother with a thief, in fact most fractals do.

I’d also kill to get a build for berserker ranger that can be used in speed runs/fractal 48 as well.

Thief requires people smart enough to use fields and blast finishers AKA not most pug speed runs.

When these threads stop trying to change the pug meta with Build Wars set ups that might happen. For as long as people are heralding highly optimised party builds as meta changing examples of what the classes can do, people will try to speed run with pugs.

If you want to tear down general dungeon running pug builds, do it in a pug. If you want to demonstrate to the speed clearing subset of the community, be clear about the difference.

You don’t want us to try and help the community by pushing more skilled play?

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: SoliSnake.9457

SoliSnake.9457

One question: which profession is capable of doing the most damage, fully buffed, with a lightning hammer?

Guardian. Unscathed Contender OP. 40% dps modifier against burning foe with Aegis up.

LH ele got 10% if boss burning, 20% when boss under 33% hp, 10% when healt above 90%, 20% in boss under vulne and you are in water attunement and wich hammer ele got 98%crit chance

Solisnake(Elementalist)Lighting Rajin (Guardian)
YamataNoOrochi(Warrior)Ziggy Th White Duke(Mesmer)Aleandro De La Vega(Ranger)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Actually ele really is best for the situation (61% dmg modifiers assuming 6 boons, plus 10% critdamage from traits) im talking about.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Dub.1273

And now go for lupi sub 17 with a ranger!

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I just need a pet Skritt for that.

Brazil

Dub.1273

Skritt pet – stronger than it’s owner!

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Lupi is far too good at killing Frost Spirits. He needs to teach Subject Alpha how it’s done.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You should be able to get under 17s just by repeating what you did last time. Beserkers power was bugged so it was less dmg. Heightened focus was also bugged but im not sure you guys used that?

Dub.1273

No, were using 30/30/0/0/10 for the quickness after 50%.

Though, the next run i’ll post will be about 15 seconds with a pretty weird party composition. Maybe replacing mesmer and two warriors.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

May I guess? 2 ele, 1 thief, 1 guardian 1 warrior?

[rT]

spoj.9672

Im guessing a ranger will be in that comp.

Anubarak.3012

well then replace the thief with a ranger… Anyway I expect at least 18k crits from LH

[rT]

Dub.1273

Currently noone of us has a ranger :/

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

>lvl22 ranger lfg

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Not really, no.
The point of giving people advice is that it’s something they can realistically find useful, not a demonstration of prowess that when attempted will likely get them killed. Advice is like; If you want to play aggressively mix in knights with your berserker gear until you reach a comfortable equilibrium, and then as you learn the finer points of damage avoidance start mixing more berserkers back in. ‘See what me and my awesome glass cannon friends can do on this one specific ridiculously easy path’ is not useful advice. That’s bragging.

(Not that’s it’s your fault the community’s so mixed up proof of concept for a build comes down to that.)

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Anubarak.3012

I know one of DS who has a ranger :P

[rT]

spoj.9672

Not really, no.
The point of giving people advice is that it’s something they can realistically find useful, not a demonstration of prowess that when attempted will likely get them killed. Advice is like; If you want to play aggressively mix in knights with your berserker gear until you reach a comfortable equilibrium, and then as you learn the finer points of damage avoidance start mixing more berserkers back in. ‘See what me and my awesome glass cannon friends can do on this one specific ridiculously easy path’ is not useful advice. That’s bragging.

(Not that’s it’s your fault the community’s so mixed up proof of concept for a build comes down to that.)

skillup pls

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Not really, no.

Yes it’s bragging, we reclaimed a record. I make build guides and videos to help people out, this video in particular is demonstrating A) how optimized our group is how fantastic Ranger is C) how much of a baller I am. Hand-holding is fine, but so is throwing someone into a situation and making them learn things on their own by using their critical thinking skills.

Brazil

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Thankfully that ISNT our proof of concept. We have live streamed this build during testing, we posted dungeon run videos for most dungeons including Arah and Fotm 48. If Cof1 isn’t a valid test, and neither is Arah, and neither are high level fractals, I’m not sure what sorta of proof you’d accept.

If your arguement is “sword too hard community is too bad to play it” you’re right… for now. Give people a month or so of playing and even casuals will have it down.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Thankfully that ISNT our proof of concept. We have live streamed this build during testing, we posted dungeon run videos for most dungeons including Arah and Fotm 48. If Cof1 isn’t a valid test, and neither is Arah, and neither are high level fractals, I’m not sure what sorta of proof you’d accept.

If your arguement is “sword too hard community is too bad to play it” you’re right… for now. Give people a month or so of playing and even casuals will have it down.

Not enough zerker dps until you solo a full bunker/cleric guard in 5 seconds.

Vox Hollow.2736

@ Nike
Put that thing back in your pants, please.
I’m not interested in a kitten ing contest.

Let me try and be more clear.
I’m saying race-style record keeping isn’t really all that much of a community support system because the average player can’t do much with the information provided by it. That’s not a dig at OP’s performance, that’s a critique of the speedrun meta’s influence over the pug meta. There’s nothing inherently evil about tooting your own horn, but I just can’t agree with the altruistic spin I quoted because it seems to encourage that influence. Which I regard as a recipe for disaster, and OP regards as a trial-by-fire.

Posted by: ForGreatJustice.3452

ForGreatJustice.3452

@ Nike
I have no interested in a kitten ing contest.

I’m saying race-style record keeping isn’t really all that much of a community support system because the average player can’t do much with the information provided by it. That’s not a dig at OP’s performance, that’s a critique of the speedrun meta’s influence over the pug meta. There’s nothing inherently evil about tooting your own horn, but I just can’t agree with the altruistic spin I quoted because it seems to encourage that influence. Which I regard as a recipe for disaster, and OP regards as a trial-by-fire.

I disagree in that I find a speed run of a boss can be highly informative. Those that can burn lupi in X secs/mins in melee zerk mode for example clearly capitalize on knowledge of boss mechanics, attack animations/tells. True, there are those that will just see a video, look for the builds used, and imitate without thinking how it actually works (and mostly likely get burned themselves wondering wtf). But to those that do take the time to understand the whys and hows, I only see it helping their gameplay.

spoj.9672

@ Nike
I have no interested in a kitten ing contest.

How are people supposed to learn if they have no reference to work towards or optimised run to watch. If all your learning from is watching other peoples pug tactic runs you will never get anywhere. People would still be doing the same pug tactics they did months ago. These videos have slowly shifted the more experienced puggers to do things slightly differently and more efficiently over time.

Player Character.9467

@ Nike
I’m not interested in a kitten ing contest.

You could PUG with very specific requirements to build a meta group (which would really be pugging how you normally would in another game, looking for specific classes to fill specific roles). You would probably get QQ’ed as an elitist in 8 threads tho.

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Spreadsheets, videos, guides, etc. are all informative because they help to dispel commonly held misconceptions about the game that many pugs suffer under, either because they haven’t been playing the game long enough, simply don’t care enough, or are just plain bad. For example, the sheer number of players who go around saying things like “warriors are by far the best DPS in the game, just look at how much damage HB does.” I remember I made a thread a while back in the warrior forum complaining how I can be in a 4-warrior group and not see a SINGLE banner ever be dropped, and I got a bunch of really stupid comments along the lines of “but I am the warrior, I am the best DPS, why would I want to give up DPS to support other classes with no DPS?” Which is absurd even if your group isn’t full of OTHER WARRIORS, and even if warriors couldn’t go bannerway with no DPS loss whatsoever.

That actually applies even to the so-called pro speedrunners who thought 4war/1mes was hands-down the best comp for DPS. That even includes some of the very people in this video, I think, although I don’t actually know any DnT people other then Brazil himself. This video is informative for such people because it shows a group of classes other than warriors putting out even more DPS than they could ever hope to. Specifically, it proves that:

1) Stacking warriors is a bad idea. There are unique buffs you are losing out on and you are passing up the opportunity to take other classes with even better DPS than the warrior, i.e. the thief.

2) Ranger support is more than enough worth it to warrant a spot in any team. A 15% DPS boost over a one minute battle is actually worth a total additional DPS of almost two Time Warps, and it’s on all the time. If the battle takes 3.5 minutes (CD on Time Warp) you’re getting the equivalent of more than 6 Time Warps, which would basically be Time Warp on a 30-second CD.

Just thinking about that makes me laugh.

Vox Hollow.2736

I never really feel negatively about Spreadsheets and Guides.
Those things either occur in vacuums or paint fight strategy in broad strokes, so they’re pretty general. Trying to translate speedrun play to pug play is largely a problem of context.

Namely speedruns operate on the ‘the best form of defense is a good offense’ principal and pugs don’t. Yes, that’s partly due to the new player element, but this also happens for completely innocuous reasons. Like, people needing a testing ground for balance update changes or new build ideas, or people who prefer to advance their character by exploring build options and skillcurves rather than setting aesthetic goals.

It’s not as though regular pug groups are some kind of speedclear larval phase, they’re their own separate thing. Which is why speedclears make for such bad reference. They just have different needs, and a typical run pans out very differently. Speedclear builds are highly dependent on eachother because a ‘good offense’ strategy is high risk, and normal Pug builds tend to have fixed roles but need to be more general and flexible to compensate for various compositions.

I guess it’s kind of like; a good speedrunner is a cog, and a good pugger is a chameleon. A good cog doesn’t worry about things like being highly specialized or having high skill floors, if that’s their designated niche then they aim to fill it and that’s just the way it is. But to a good chameleon these are more like limitations and concerns.

Dub.1273

1) Stacking warriors is a bad idea. There are unique buffs you are losing out on and you are passing up the opportunity to take other classes with even better DPS than the warrior, i.e. the thief.

Stacking warriors usually is a good idea.
Dungeons contain 30% fighting and 70% running. Warriors are the fastest proffession in the game, followed by rangers and (stupidly traited) thieves. But warriors have a much easier time coming to it’s full movement speed, even when skipping tough parts. You can even manage p1 arah skipping withput getting into combat (speaking from experience, i doubt my level 5 warrior has been able to take a hit). Rangers instead, using sword 2 will have a much harder time.
Also warriors have more cleave damage, more sustain (PvE, Whirlwind Attack) and have a much easier time bringing their damage on. Not to mention Mace 5 and Fear me foe more specialised fights.

For simple fighting though you are right and stacking warriors is a bad idea. Gor bursts 3 ele 1 thief 1 warrior is the best setup, for long fights something with 2 eles, a warrior and a ranger.
But as stated before, that doesn’t matter much in dungeons.

Quick question to the end, for a warrior with 30/25/0/0/15, 2400 Base Power, averaging 6 stacks of might, 1980-1250 precision and 90-105% critdamage (70% banner uptime). Are 25 Stacks of Bloodlust or Precision better, aswell as which Consumable (100 Power, 70 Precision, 100 prec or power and 10% critdmg).

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Perception is better if you’re with a group using w/e food. If you’re solo, blood lust is better because you don’t have the buffs (banner/empower allies/might) to bring perception out ahead (well, you do have banner/might, but not constant and might stacks you don’t maintain enough of). (This isn’t from my calculations, just what I was told by a friend)

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Quick question to the end, for a warrior with 30/25/0/0/15, 2400 Base Power, averaging 6 stacks of might, 1980-1250 precision and 90-105% critdamage (70% banner uptime). Are 25 Stacks of Bloodlust or Precision better, aswell as which Consumable (100 Power, 70 Precision, 100 prec or power and 10% critdmg).

Assuming banner up, Fury, 25 might, scholar runes, butternut curry squash soup (+100 pre) and no signet passives…

BL: 3570*(1+.85*1.15)1.38 = 10,481 EP
Percep: 3320
(1+.97*1.15)*1.38 = 10,379

So in that set up, bloodlust is about 1% better. But I wanted to see the same setups using Sweet and Spicey Butternut (+100 power) instead of the precision one…

BL: 3670*(1+.80*1.15)1.38 = 10,483 EP
Per: 3420
(1+.92*1.15)*1.38 = 10,420 EP

So bloodlust using Sweet and Spicey is the winner in this scenario.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Dub.1273

Thanks, that comes pretty close to what i experienced ingame (excelwars isn’t much fun to me) but all my friends come to the conclusion that precision is 1-9 l% (depending on might stacks/strengthbanner, etc) better.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Thanks, that comes pretty close to what i experienced ingame (excelwars isn’t much fun to me) but all my friends come to the conclusion that precision is 1-9 l% (depending on might stacks/strengthbanner, etc) better.

Your friends were right .With the same setup Nike listed, sigil of perception is better than bloodlust by 0.6% in the first case and by 1.1% in the second.

Dub.1273

/confused.

Game tells me bloodlust is around 12.5% better than perception when soloing.
@Nike: Where is the critdamage in your calculations?

Could you both post your calculations wuth sidenotes?

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

averaging 6 stacks of might

Assuming 25 might

haviz.1340

averaging 6 stacks of might

Assuming 25 might

For solo bloodlust is better, for highly optimised party perception is better.

Dub.1273

And for ele’s using 0/20/25/25/0? Or 25/20/0/25/0, i don’t know which one really is highest damage. First one has 10% more damage multipficators but lacks 200 power.

With both banners, empower allies and 25 stacks might.

Dub | [rT]

haviz.1340

And for ele’s using 0/20/25/25/0? Or 25/20/0/25/0, i don’t know which one really is highest damage. First one has 10% more damage multipficators but lacks 200 power.

With both banners, empower allies and 25 stacks might.

Let’s not derail the thread.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

/confused.

Game tells me bloodlust is around 12.5% better than perception when soloing.
@Nike: Where is the critdamage in your calculations?

Could you both post your calculations wuth sidenotes?

My mistake I didnt see that you wanted only 6 Might stacks. I’m used to calculating these things with full party considerations

+100 Power 10% crit food…

2795*(1+.80*1.15)*1.38 = 7,984

2545*(1+.92*1.15)*1.38= 7,754

Bloodlust still better. If Haviz’ numbers are coming to a different conclusion (perception being better) I am not seeing my mistake.

And the formula is…

Power x (1+crit chance x crit damage) x base damage modifier

crit chance is expressed as a decimal, so 92% crit chance = .92
Crit damage expressed as a decimal for 115% crit damage = 1.15
base damage modifier is a decimal, so 38% base damage modifiers = 1.38

Death and Taxes [DnT]

haviz.1340

And the formula is…

Power x (1+crit chance x crit damage) x base damage modifier

crit chance is expressed as a decimal, so 92% crit chance = .92
Crit damage expressed as a decimal for 115% crit damage = 1.15
base damage modifier is a decimal, so 38% base damage modifiers = 1.38

It’s actually crit_dmg + 0.5.This formula comes from this:
Pwr * (1 – crit_chance) + Pwr * crit_chance * (crit_dmg + 1.5)

Additionaly, if you count only scholar runes bonus, berseker’s power, stick and move and attack of opportunity, damage modifer is equal to 1.433245. Not that it matters here.

(edited by haviz.1340)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Ah yeah, I forgot the “base” 50% crit damage. That would benefit the build which crits more substantially.

Also, you’re right, about base damage modifier, it is multiplicative so in this case it should be 1.58 base damage considering scholar runes, slashing power, stick and move, attack of opportunity, berserker’s power.

So….

BL: 2795*(1+.80*1.65)*1.58 = 13,116

Per: 2545*(1+.92*1.65)*1.58 = 12,739

Still showing bloodlust as better for solo play in this build by roughly 3%.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Player Character.9467

Guys just drop the damage mods, they apply identically in both cases so they cancel in comparison… Only apply damage mods to comparisons where you actually change the mods.

haviz.1340

Guys just drop the damage mods, they apply identically in both cases so they cancel in comparison… Only apply damage mods to comparisons where you actually change the mods.

Not that it matters here.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

What do you think skilled play is? You certainly completed this dungeon very fast, but almost every encounter was auto-attack. I understand it’s the most efficient DPS on the weapon, but it’s not skilled play. The bosses are all dieing before any challenge becomes present. It’s not helping the pug community because the pug community will never be a reliable source of the builds required to support this playstyle. The Build Wars side of this is very impressive, you guys obviously have a good grasp of how to break PvE content and what kinds of traits and optimised damage set ups are required to maximise DPS, but auto-attack the boss to death in seconds is not skilled play. I don’t say that to dump on what you did, but you’re not dodging, you’re not showing perfect use of evades, you’re not implementing clever tricks with snares, you’re simply breaking the content through raw DPS and auto-attacks.

What you are pushing here is optimised builds, which is a speed clear thing, it’s not going to be a pug thing because the reality of pugs is that you will have staff eles their first time in, bow warriors because they don’t like melee, axe rangers with boars because they like how they look and pistol thieves because they hate being glass.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Agreed. Using the best builds to burn down bosses quickly doesn’t require much skill . But neither is waiting for the boss to kick people in the face. Only place I see skills come into play in this game is pvp or specific encounters like people soloing group content.

Oceanic [LOD]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

What do you think skilled play is? You certainly completed this dungeon very fast, but almost every encounter was auto-attack. I understand it’s the most efficient DPS on the weapon, but it’s not skilled play. The bosses are all dieing before any challenge becomes present. It’s not helping the pug community because the pug community will never be a reliable source of the builds required to support this playstyle. The Build Wars side of this is very impressive, you guys obviously have a good grasp of how to break PvE content and what kinds of traits and optimised damage set ups are required to maximise DPS, but auto-attack the boss to death in seconds is not skilled play. I don’t say that to dump on what you did, but you’re not dodging, you’re not showing perfect use of evades, you’re not implementing clever tricks with snares, you’re simply breaking the content through raw DPS and auto-attacks.

What you are pushing here is optimised builds, which is a speed clear thing, it’s not going to be a pug thing because the reality of pugs is that you will have staff eles their first time in, bow warriors because they don’t like melee, axe rangers with boars because they like how they look and pistol thieves because they hate being glass.

The amount of refinement in that video does not come from autoattacking, it comes from a very deep understanding of classes, builds, and what to do with them. Autoattacking with Sword is easier in this situation than it is in a lot of others because of how quickly things die. This is not the case in other dungeons, and it requires a good bit of skill not to die while playing with a Sword on Ranger.

Furthermore, I’d probably still be kitten kitten ing around with Soldier’s gear on my Guardian if it weren’t for seeing videos of speedclears and high DPS groups. These videos interest some people and inspire them to become better players. Just because you want to call me out and say that I’m not helping doesn’t mean that everyone feels this way. Sure there will always be bad players that don’t care, people like that probably won’t care about what my guild does or how fast we can do it. The people that may be on the fence about a build or may see these videos and want to improve are the people that will care, and I hope that they see videos like this. The rest of the people that want to complain can waste their time doing something else.

Brazil

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

Ah yeah, I forgot the “base” 50% crit damage. That would benefit the build which crits more substantially.

Also, you’re right, about base damage modifier, it is multiplicative so in this case it should be 1.58 base damage considering scholar runes, slashing power, stick and move, attack of opportunity, berserker’s power.

So….

1 question, would it not be more accurate to use attack instead of power for these calculations? Please inform me how, if you would, thank you.

spoj.9672

The amount of refinement in that video does not come from autoattacking, it comes from a very deep understanding of classes, builds, and what to do with them. Autoattacking with Sword is easier in this situation than it is in a lot of others because of how quickly things die. This is not the case in other dungeons, and it requires a good bit of skill not to die while playing with a Sword on Ranger.

Furthermore, I’d probably still be kitten kitten ing around with Soldier’s gear on my Guardian if it weren’t for seeing videos of speedclears and high DPS groups. These videos interest some people and inspire them to become better players. Just because you want to call me out and say that I’m not helping doesn’t mean that everyone feels this way. Sure there will always be bad players that don’t care, people like that probably won’t care about what my guild does or how fast we can do it. The people that may be on the fence about a build or may see these videos and want to improve are the people that will care, and I hope that they see videos like this. The rest of the people that want to complain can waste their time doing something else.

This is so true. I use to be a massive scrub along with my friends/guildies. Until we saw some of strifes speed clear videos. Then we started changing how we played and learning about this whole dps thing. Speedclearing inspired me and my friends to improve. And now im a massive scumbag elitest! All is well.

Vox Hollow.2736

I think ‘good’ and ‘bad’ is oversimplifying the situation.

Glass cannon builds play well with other glass cannon builds. They work specifically because guy next to you is doing the same thing, and the guy next to him is doing the same thing, and the guy next to him is doing the same thing. By qualifying your run as a speedrun, you attract other players who have that same sort of a build, so things just sort of naturally pan out.

For a variety of reasons, you just can’t make that same assumption in normal pug play. Calling that good play or bad play just isn’t a productive line of thought. It simply is, and you either adapt to that or you don’t. If you run a normal pug operating under the same assumptions you do a speedrun, you’re setting yourself up for frustration and disappointment.

This has always been true.
The reason I feel more inclined to remark on your video is specifically because what you’ve managed here is such a feat of mechanical engineering. It’s a successful build comprised of three creatures that can’t dodge, in a game where content is trivialized by dodging. That’s awesome. But it’s also glass cannoningst glass cannon that ever lived (with a skyscraper skill floor to boot).

Can you really blame me for thinking it might be kind of a dangerous thing for pugs?

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

So….

1 question, would it not be more accurate to use attack instead of power for these calculations? Please inform me how, if you would, thank you.

We are comparing the same weapons, so weapon strength is a wash.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Ballads.2509

Ballads.2509

So….

We are comparing the same weapons, so weapon strength is a wash.

Well, see if weapon damage is added last,yes, but if its added in before crit bonus i think it has to be a factor.
GS is what 1100? so
3895*(1+.80*1.65)1.58 =10156
(1+.92*1.65)*1.58 =9766